- Bernie Sanders sends fundraising plea for Feingold Updated: May-26-16 10:30 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Bernie Sanders has asked his backers to support Democrat Russ Feingold's Senate bid in Wisconsin.,
- The Latest: Contractor feels 'vindicated' by health report Updated: May-25-16 1:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - The Latest on congressional reports about the problems surrounding Oregon's health insurance website (all times local):
- Clinton: People should stop listening to GOP "propaganda" Updated: May-17-16 3:12 am
HOPKINSVILLE, Kentucky - Hillary Clinton says it's "time people stopped listening to Republican propaganda."
- GOP candidates for governor argue health care, tax credits Updated: May-16-16 7:41 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - North Dakota's Republican candidates for governor, Wayne Stenehjem and Doug Burgum, exchanged jabs on health care and tax credits Monday during a rapid-fire debate at a Fargo television station.
- In surprising turnabout, Oklahoma eyes Medicaid expansion Updated: May-16-16 8:43 am
OKLAHOMA CITY - Despite bitter resistance in Oklahoma for years to President Barack Obama's health care overhaul, Republican leaders in this conservative state are now confronting something that alarms them even more: a huge $1.3 billion hole in the budget that threatens to do widespread damage to the state's health care system.
- Divided Colorado Legislature wraps year of scant agreement Updated: May-11-16 8:15 pm
DENVER - A politically divided legislature in an election year to boot is a recipe for Colorado lawmakers to do just short of nothing about the state's most urgent priorities: a scarcity of affordable housing and near-stagnant funding for underfunded K-12 schools, roads and higher education.
- Study: Sanders' economic plan piles $18T on federal debt Updated: May-09-16 2:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Sen. Bernie Sanders' tax and spending proposals would provide new levels of health and education benefits for American families, but they'd also blow an $18-trillion hole in federal deficits, piling on so much debt they would damage the economy.
- The Latest: Arizona governor signs KidsCare restoration Updated: May-06-16 7:40 pm
PHOENIX - The Latest on the legislative effort to restore KidsCare (all times local):
- Hawaii plans to take up police reform, health care in 2017 Updated: May-05-16 10:16 pm
HONOLULU - The 2016 Hawaii legislative session has ended, and Hawaii lawmakers have passed dozens of bills including those to ban sex trafficking and combat homelessness.
- Stirred by Sanders, Democrats shift left on health care Updated: May-05-16 12:15 pm
WASHINGTON - More Democrats seem to be having doubts about the federal health care law, a contentious issue for most of President Barack Obama's tenure and one of the defining elements of his legacy.
- More affordable health insurance option urged for Washington Updated: May-02-16 6:23 pm
SEATTLE - U.S. Sen. Maria Cantwell wants Washington state to bring back the Basic Health Plan, which provided an inexpensive health insurance option for the working poor.
- Rockefeller legacy exhibit open at West Virginia University Updated: Apr-28-16 4:14 am
MORGANTOWN, West Virginia - The West Virginia and Regional History Center is chronicling the legacy of former Sen. Jay Rockefeller in Wise Library's Rockefeller Gallery at West Virginia University.