- NYPD: 17 charged in counterfeit credit card scheme Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
NEW YORK - Police have arrested 17 people in connection with an alleged counterfeiting ring that allegedly manufactured and sold fraudulent credit cards in New York City.
- Ex-suburban NY police officer indicted in prescriptions case Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former Mount Vernon police officer has been indicted on charges he used forged prescriptions to obtain painkillers.
- Woman charged with forgery ordered to pay $180,000 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:05 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A Gillette woman accused on felony forgery totaling more than $29,000 has been ordered to pay more than $150,000 in restitution and $30,000 in court costs.
- Texas man pleads guilty to bank fraud in Sherman County Updated: Jun-30-15 1:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Texas man accused of possessing dozens of counterfeit credit cards has pleaded guilty to federal bank and wire fraud charges in Sherman County.
- Wichita woman sentenced to probation for stealing mail Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman has been sentenced to five years of federal probation for stealing mail and cashing counterfeit checks.
- Romanian soccer official charged with corruption, forgery Updated: Jun-27-15 12:45 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Anti-corruption prosecutors have charged Romania's top football official with abusing his position and forging documents seven years ago when he was chairman of a local club.
- Fake NHL gear worth $180,000 seized around Stanley Cup final Updated: Jun-20-15 4:56 pm
CHICAGO - Federal authorities say they seized counterfeit NHL merchandise worth an estimated $180,000 in the days surrounding the Chicago Blackhawks' Stanley Cup victory.
- Man who once scammed NHL gets 10 years for forgery charges Updated: Jun-19-15 12:46 pm
CLEVELAND - A man who once tried to pull off an audacious scam to buy the National Hockey League's New York Islanders was sentenced to 10 years in prison for another fraud case in northeast Ohio.
- 11 indicted on charges of selling fake 5-Hour Energy drinks Updated: Jun-18-15 9:08 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Eleven people have been indicted on charges they conspired to sell counterfeit bottles of 5-Hour Energy drinks.
- Former nursing home employee faces forgery, fraud charges Updated: Jun-13-15 6:37 pm
GREENSBURG, Indiana - A former employee at a southeastern Indiana nursing home faces charges alleging that she bilked the home's elderly residents out of nearly $10,000 in Medicare funds.
- Fla. couple charged in Tenn. with making fake $50 bills Updated: Jun-13-15 2:36 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Authorities say a Florida couple used a computer to convert $1 bills into $50 bills and they spent the counterfeit cash at Nashville-area businesses.
- Chandler man sentenced in elaborate counterfeit scheme Updated: Jun-10-15 10:02 pm
CHANDLER, Arizona - A federal judge has sentenced a man to over three years in prison for a counterfeiting scheme that spanned a decade and circulated more than $2 million in fake money.
- Abilene police arrest 10 in counterfeit cash investigation Updated: Jun-10-15 12:54 pm
ABILENE, Texas - Police in West Texas have arrested 10 people in a forgery and counterfeit cash investigation.
- Judge declares mistrial in Missouri forgery murder case Updated: Jun-09-15 9:43 pm
LEBANON, Missouri - A Missouri judge declared a mistrial Tuesday for a suburban Kansas City lawyer accused of fatally shooting the girlfriend of her millionaire father, then forging documents to have the man taken off life support when he survived the attack.
- Allegation: Ex-drug agent forged papers to get drug buy cash Updated: Jun-07-15 5:50 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Documents allege that a decorated drug agent left the Mississippi Bureau of Narcotics after being accused of forging papers to get money for drug buys, The Clarion-Ledger reports.
- Money laundering investigation stymied by China, Italy says Updated: Jun-07-15 6:22 am
FLORENCE, Italy - As Italy's economy was heading off a cliff, police couldn't help but notice that the country's Chinese communities were booming. Luxury cars rolled past Chinese betting parlors and garment factories. Chinese immigrants were buying up Italian coffee bars and real estate. Their prosperity, however, was not reflected in local tax records.
- More counterfeit money turning up in the Fargo area Updated: Jun-05-15 6:37 am
FARGO, North Dakota - More fake money is showing up in Fargo.
- Officials: 6 charged in fake painkiller prescriptions probe Updated: Jun-03-15 7:05 am
DAYTON, Ohio - Officials say six southwest Ohio residents are facing federal charges for allegedly purchasing dozens of forged painkiller prescriptions, filling them at pharmacies and then selling the drugs on the streets.
- 3 arrested in Tulare County counterfeit money operation Updated: Jun-02-15 8:22 am
VISALIA, California - Authorities have arrested three people allegedly connected with a counterfeit money operation in Central California.