- Portland man pleads guilty to art-forgery scheme Updated: Jul-29-15 4:20 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - An Oregon man confessed to faking works created by well-known artists and selling some of the knockoffs to a gallery owner.
- Woman accused of multiple counts of forgery Updated: Jul-29-15 8:04 am
SOUTH BURLINGTON, Vermont - A woman faces multiple counts of forgery after police in South Burlington accused her of paying for items with bank checks linked to a stolen purse.
- Police: 4 charged in counterfeit money scheme Updated: Jul-28-15 1:26 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - Authorities say four people have been arrested after allegedly using counterfeit money at food shops in West Hartford.
- Man deported 6 times arrested in Mississippi Updated: Jul-28-15 7:43 am
GULFPORT, Mississippi - Federal court documents show a man deported to Mexico six times has been found in the United States without permission again, this time after an arrest in Gautier.
- Principal's suicide, forged tests rock promising NYC school Updated: Jul-28-15 6:13 am
NEW YORK - Jeanene Worrell-Breeden had what she called a dream job running a public school linked with Columbia University's Teachers College when she killed herself by jumping in front of a subway car this spring.
- 2,167 counterfeit televisions seized at PortMiami Updated: Jul-25-15 3:04 am
MIAMI - U.S. customs officials say they've seized more than 2,000 counterfeit televisions at PortMiami.
- CBP seizes $3.2 million in counterfeit Hermes belts at port Updated: Jul-23-15 4:13 pm
LOS ANGELES - U.S. Customs and Border Protection officers have seized $3.2 million in counterfeit Hermes belts from the Los Angeles/Long Beach seaport complex.
- 3 Arkansas basketball players arrested on forgery complaint Updated: Jul-22-15 7:57 pm
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Police arrested three University of Arkansas basketball players Wednesday, alleging they used counterfeit money to buy merchandise at three locations near campus.
- Indiana woman charged with faking nursing license, cancer Updated: Jul-21-15 10:29 am
GREENFIELD, Indiana - A 29-year-old Hancock County woman has been charged with faking a nursing license and other state documents.
- Columbus woman gets probation, jail in counterfeiting case Updated: Jul-20-15 8:40 am
COLUMBUS, Nebraska - A Columbus woman has been given jail time and probation for helping her boyfriend pass counterfeit cash.
- Man sentenced to 15 months on federal counterfeiting charge Updated: Jul-16-15 6:01 am
FARGO, North Dakota - A man serving time on a state counterfeiting charge has been sentenced to more than a year in prison for a federal counterfeiting conviction.
- After evading lawsuits, counterfeiter gets US green card Updated: Jul-12-15 5:06 am
SHANGHAI - The Chinese woman has a history of selling counterfeit luxury goods. She has been sued in the U.S. by eight luxury brands. She owes Chanel Inc. $6.9 million for selling products online under its name.
- 11 indicted in fake credit card scheme at Las Vegas casinos Updated: Jul-10-15 7:16 pm
LAS VEGAS - Eleven people have been indicted in Nevada in what authorities say was a scheme to make fake credit cards and collect cash advances at Las Vegas casinos.
- Indiana woman charged in business thefts, fraud scheme Updated: Jul-09-15 10:05 am
INDIANAPOLIS - An Indianapolis woman faces forgery, counterfeiting and other charges for allegedly defrauding more than 20 central Indiana residents through a theft scheme.
- Indictment: Man bought counterfeit poker chips to tournament Updated: Jul-08-15 6:37 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A North Carolina man accused of bringing millions of dollars in counterfeit poker chips to a tournament in New Jersey has been indicted on theft charges.
- MLB, Cincinnati authorities outline All-Star security plans Updated: Jul-08-15 1:12 pm
CINCINNATI - Major League Baseball has some advice for fans coming to Cincinnati for the All-Star Game: buyer beware.
- Albuquerque man gets probation for providing false licenses Updated: Jul-08-15 10:37 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque man who pleaded guilty to providing state driver's licenses to immigrants who were in the country illegally has been sentenced to three years of probation.
- Tennessee resident arrested for selling fake goods Updated: Jul-08-15 4:08 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Tennessee resident has been arrested for the sale of counterfeit goods in Kosciusko.
- Counterfeit cash spree nets prison for 2 in South Florida Updated: Jul-06-15 3:17 am
FORT LAUDERDALE, Florida - Two people will do time in federal prison following a South Florida counterfeit spending spree involving thousands of dollars of fake cash.
- Iowan gets probation for cashing counterfeit payroll checks Updated: Jul-03-15 8:28 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Des Moines woman has been given three years of probation and been told to pay nearly $1,900 in restitution for cashing counterfeit payroll checks in northern Iowa.
- NYPD: 17 charged in counterfeit credit card scheme Updated: Jul-02-15 6:54 pm
NEW YORK - Police have arrested 17 people in connection with an alleged counterfeiting ring that allegedly manufactured and sold fraudulent credit cards in New York City.
- Ex-suburban NY police officer indicted in prescriptions case Updated: Jul-02-15 2:42 pm
WHITE PLAINS, New York - A former Mount Vernon police officer has been indicted on charges he used forged prescriptions to obtain painkillers.
- Woman charged with forgery ordered to pay $180,000 Updated: Jul-02-15 5:05 am
GILLETTE, Wyoming - A Gillette woman accused on felony forgery totaling more than $29,000 has been ordered to pay more than $150,000 in restitution and $30,000 in court costs.
- Texas man pleads guilty to bank fraud in Sherman County Updated: Jun-30-15 1:43 am
WICHITA, Kansas - A Texas man accused of possessing dozens of counterfeit credit cards has pleaded guilty to federal bank and wire fraud charges in Sherman County.
- Wichita woman sentenced to probation for stealing mail Updated: Jun-29-15 1:27 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A Wichita woman has been sentenced to five years of federal probation for stealing mail and cashing counterfeit checks.