- Lawmakers: Agency not doing enough against dengue fever Updated: Nov-26-15 3:04 pm
HONOLULU - Hawaii state Sen. Russell Ruderman worries whenever there's a mosquito buzzing in his home.
- Edwin Edwards spending Thanksgiving in hospital: pneumonia Updated: Nov-26-15 2:41 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards is spending Thanksgiving in the hospital.
- Alabama man remains thankful while battling through cancer Updated: Nov-26-15 2:35 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Alabama - Kerry Gilbert sits in his easy chair at his home in Franklin County and pets his dog, Honey, who is snoozing comfortably by his side.
- No CU freshmen sought med pot housing exemption this year Updated: Nov-26-15 1:56 pm
BOULDER, Colorado - The University of Colorado in Boulder says no freshmen are using a housing exemption because they use medical marijuana.
- Woman accused of faking cancer wants to bar use of records Updated: Nov-26-15 1:22 pm
PHOENIX - A woman accused of faking cancer in 2010 to get the state of Arizona to pay for her midterm abortion wants to bar prosecutors from using her medical records and doctor against her in the case.
- Police say man identified stabber before he died Updated: Nov-26-15 12:32 pm
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A woman is accused of fatally stabbing a man at a Maui mental health residence.
- 'Food Freedom' bill would free some farms from safety rules Updated: Nov-26-15 11:36 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Supporters of a measure that would exempt some small-time farmers and ranchers from food safety rules are pointing to a small Utah farm blocked by state regulators from selling turkeys this Thanksgiving as an example of regulations they see as burdensome.
- Study: Skin care drug prices up 401 percent since 2009 Updated: Nov-26-15 10:56 am
WASHINGTON - The cost of prescription skin treatments has skyrocketed since 2009, as the burden of escalating drug prices increasingly weighs on family budgets.
- Mother thankful after ailing girl has multi-organ transplant Updated: Nov-26-15 9:54 am
PITTSBURGH - An ailing 8-year-old girl from western Pennsylvania has undergone a rare multi-organ transplant.
- Students get hands-on experience with Stryker mobile lab Updated: Nov-26-15 9:03 am
KALAMAZOO, Michigan - Students at high and low levels got hands-on experience recently with some of the medical devices designed and produced by Kalamazoo-based medical technologies company Stryker Corp.
- Turing reneges on drug price cut, rival's version sells well Updated: Nov-26-15 8:49 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - After weeks of criticism from patients, doctors and other drugmakers for hiking a life-saving medicine's price more than fifty-fold, Turing Pharmaceuticals is reneging on its pledge to cut the $750-per-pill price.
- Missing therapy horse found about a mile from Iowa home Updated: Nov-26-15 6:24 am
COLFAX, Iowa - The Jasper County Sheriff's Office says a therapy horse missing since last week has been found.
- Missouri Planned Parenthood says legal action likely Updated: Nov-25-15 10:19 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A regional Planned Parenthood official said Wednesday that the organization likely would take legal action against the state of Missouri after a Columbia clinic halted abortions this week, leaving just one in the state that still performs them.
- Costco: FDA tests point toward E. coli in salad vegetables Updated: Nov-25-15 7:47 pm
SEATTLE - Costco officials say testing has pointed toward a vegetable mix from a California food wholesaler as the source of E. coli in the company's chicken salad that has been linked to an outbreak that has sickened 19 people in seven states.
- Edwin Edwards hospitalized with pneumonia Updated: Nov-25-15 6:56 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Former Louisiana Gov. Edwin Edwards has been hospitalized.
- Frank Gifford's family says CTE found in his brain Updated: Nov-25-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - The family of Pro Football Hall of Famer Frank Gifford says signs of the degenerative disease chronic traumatic encephalopathy were found in his brain after his death.
- Cities can buy overdose reversal drug at discounted rate Updated: Nov-25-15 6:25 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts cities and towns can begin purchasing the overdose reversal drug naloxone at a discounted rate.
- Court revives Oregon suit over 'phantom recall' of Motrin Updated: Nov-25-15 5:57 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - A lawsuit over Johnson & Johnson's buyback of defective Motrin pills has been given new life by the Oregon Court of Appeals.
- Coach's cancer diagnosis gives Dwenger added incentive Updated: Nov-25-15 5:56 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Fort Wayne Dwenger has some added motivation for the IHSAA football state finals on Saturday.
- Lawyer: Man facing terror charge is developmentally disabled Updated: Nov-25-15 4:54 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - An Alabama man charged with trying to aid terrorists has developmental disabilities and an IQ in the 50s, his lawyer wrote in a court filing this week.
- Christie pardons Philadelphia man with drug record Updated: Nov-25-15 4:49 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie pardoned a 61-year-old Philadelphia man with a record of drug use on Wednesday, saying he turned his life around after a 1972 robbery conviction in Atlantic City.
- New federal rule for catfish inspection process finalized Updated: Nov-25-15 4:36 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The U.S. Food Safety and Inspection Service released its final rule Wednesday on a new inspection process for catfish and other ray-finned fish species that's scheduled to start in March.
- EPA moves to withdraw approval of controversial weed killer Updated: Nov-25-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - The Environmental Protection Agency is taking steps to withdraw approval of a controversial new weed killer to be used on genetically modified corn and soybeans.
- Clarification: Congress-Health Repeal story Updated: Nov-25-15 3:58 pm
WASHINGTON - In a story Nov. 24, The Associated Press listed Sen. Kelly Ayotte, R-N.H., as one of several Republican senators who might find it difficult to vote for a bill eliminating federal money for Planned Parenthood.
- FDA approves booster-enhanced flu vaccine for seniors Updated: Nov-25-15 3:52 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal health officials have approved a first-of-a-kind flu vaccine that contains a booster to help protect seniors vulnerable to the virus.