- Florida cities continue to lead nation in cash home sales Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida cities continue to lead the nation in all-cash real estate transactions.
- Can US housing industry's comeback endure? The outlook dims Updated: Jul-24-15 3:20 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. housing market has sizzled this summer, lifting expectations that home sales will finally help drive an economic expansion now in its seventh year.
- US new-home sales hit June slump Updated: Jul-24-15 10:37 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans bought new homes in June, a possible sign that the real estate market might not be as hot as it appeared at the start of summer.
- Woman pleads guilty to her role in Hawaii real estate scheme Updated: Jul-22-15 6:29 pm
HONOLULU - A Honolulu woman who became a fugitive for several days while out on bond awaiting trial in a complex real estate scheme pleaded guilty Wednesday to wire fraud, mail fraud, money laundering and conspiracy charges.
- US home sales surged in June to fastest pace in 8-plus years Updated: Jul-22-15 12:51 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans bought homes in June at the fastest rate in over eight years, pushing prices to record highs as buyer demand has eclipsed the availability of houses on the market.
- Lawsuits: Tax delinquency foreclosures not handled properly Updated: Jul-20-15 8:49 am
DETROIT - Lawsuits say thousands of properties in Wayne and Oakland counties have been taken improperly in tax delinquency foreclosures.
- Report: foreclosures at pre-Recession levels in Ohio, nation Updated: Jul-18-15 12:05 pm
DAYTON, Ohio - Ohio foreclosures have fallen to the lowest level since the Great Recession through the first half of the year, according to a new report.
- California home sales surge in June on strong economy Updated: Jul-17-15 5:20 pm
SAN DIEGO - California home sales surged in June on a strong economy and low interest rates as prices reached seven-year highs, a research firm reported Friday.
- Apartment construction drives US homebuilding surge in June Updated: Jul-17-15 11:13 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders broke ground on apartment complexes last month at the fastest pace in nearly 28 years, as developers anticipate that recent jobs gains will launch a wave of renters
- US homebuilder sentiment hits highest level since 2005 Updated: Jul-16-15 11:25 am
U.S. homebuilders' confidence in the market for new homes is back up to levels not seen since the height of the housing boom a decade ago.
- The Fed teases interest rates hikes; What's your move? Updated: Jul-15-15 3:29 pm
It's no longer a matter of if, but when. The interest rate on everything from credit cards to adjustable-rate mortgages could soon be headed higher.
- Milwaukee-area June home sales up 23 percent over year ago Updated: Jul-15-15 3:07 am
MILWAUKEE - A trade association says sales of existing homes in the Milwaukee area spiked more than 23 percent last month from a year earlier.
- Twin Cities homes sold at record pace last month Updated: Jul-13-15 7:31 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Houses in the Twin Cities metro sold at a record pace last month.
- State loses appeal over tax break in certain home sales Updated: Jul-09-15 5:30 pm
LANSING, Michigan - The Michigan Supreme Court has ruled in favor of home sellers in a tax dispute involving property in a market that's down or slowly recovering.
- Chinese stocks vs. reality: Shares are untethered to economy Updated: Jul-09-15 4:24 pm
WASHINGTON - There's economic reality. Then there's the Chinese stock market.
- Lafayette home sales up for first half of 2015 Updated: Jul-09-15 10:46 am
LAFAYETTE, Louisiana - Lafayette Parish home sales for the first half of this year were up 4 percent compared with 2014, a sign of a healthy real estate market despite concerns of weak oil prices slowing the local economy.
- Las Vegas-area home prices up 10.1 percent in June Updated: Jul-08-15 11:53 am
LAS VEGAS - Las Vegas-area home prices are up by double digits compared with a year ago.
- California urged to return $331 million meant for homeowners Updated: Jul-06-15 8:18 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Several California lawmakers and community assistance groups are calling on Gov. Jerry Brown to repay more than $331 million in funds intended to help homeowners struggling with foreclosures that the state siphoned off to help deal with its budget crisis.
- 'Citizen of the year' gets 14 years in California fraud case Updated: Jul-02-15 6:09 pm
LOS ANGELES - A former California real estate developer once honored as his city's citizen of the year was sentenced Thursday to the maximum 14 years in prison for bilking investors who poured millions of dollars into failed development projects.
- Another big auction planned of foreclosed Detroit properties Updated: Jul-02-15 6:22 am
DETROIT - Another major auction of Detroit tax-foreclosed properties is planned this fall.
- US construction spending rises 0.8 percent in May Updated: Jul-01-15 10:24 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. construction spending posted a solid gain in May, pushing total activity to the highest point since the fall of 2008, with the strength led by a big jump in non-residential projects.
- Quicken Loans founder: Company not to blame for blight Updated: Jul-01-15 7:04 am
DETROIT - Quicken Loans founder Dan Gilbert says the number of foreclosures on the company's loans for Detroit homes reflects the large volume of investments made in the city.
- Houses sold in Rhode Island rises 6 percent for May Updated: Jun-30-15 12:44 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - The number of houses sold in Rhode Island rose 6 percent in May, while the median sales price of $227,500 represents a 9 percent increase from a year ago.
- 8 homes vacated after '03 plant accident will be up for sale Updated: Jun-30-15 11:18 am
HOLLEY, New York - Eight abandoned homes will go on the market more than a decade after the owners moved out of their western New York neighborhood because of a chemical accident.
- US home prices climbing steadily Updated: Jun-30-15 9:42 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices increased at a solid clip in April, led by double-digit jumps in Denver and San Francisco.