- Federal report: Florida lags in disbursing foreclosure aid Updated: Oct-06-15 1:34 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - Florida lags behind other states in using federal mortgage assistance money to help desperate homeowners facing foreclosure, and Florida has only drawn on half of the $1 billion available, according to a critical report released Tuesday.
- Research group: Home sales in Connecticut rise, prices fall Updated: Oct-06-15 12:19 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A real estate research group says sales of single-family homes in Connecticut rose more than 20 percent in August over the same month last year, though the median price fell 5.5 percent.
- Woman sentenced in $4 million mortgage-debt scheme Updated: Oct-06-15 5:30 am
LOS ANGELES - A Southern California woman has been sentenced to nearly 6 years in prison for leading a $4 million scheme that falsely promised to erase mortgage debts for hundreds of homeowners.
- US construction spending up 0.7 percent in August Updated: Oct-01-15 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - Spending on U.S. construction projects rose in August to the highest point in more than seven years, fueled by home building and government projects.
- Home sales continue to rise in Baton Rouge area Updated: Sep-29-15 11:14 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - The number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge rose 5.7 percent in August from a year ago despite a drop in activity in Livingston Parish.
- US home prices rise steadily in July, lifted by higher sales Updated: Sep-29-15 9:43 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose at a solid pace in July, as would-be buyers competed for a diminished supply of available housing.
- US pending home sales fall in August Updated: Sep-28-15 11:55 am
WASHINGTON - Fewer Americans signed contracts to buy homes in August, as pending sales slumped amid broader concerns about the U.S. stock market and global economy.
- AG: Arizona-licensed foreclosure attorney settles lawsuit Updated: Sep-25-15 5:20 pm
PHOENIX - An Arizona-licensed foreclosure attorney has settled a lawsuit over allegations he misled homeowners trying to avoid foreclosure.
- Business events scheduled for the coming month Updated: Sep-25-15 12:49 pm
All times are Eastern
- US new-home sales surge 5.7 percent in August to 7-year high Updated: Sep-24-15 11:53 am
WASHINGTON - Buoyed by steady job gains and low mortgage rates, Americans purchased new homes in August at the fastest pace in more than seven years.
- US home sales slide in August after 3 months of solid gains Updated: Sep-21-15 10:07 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home sales slid in August by the most since January as tight supplies and rising prices discouraged potential buyers.
- Rhode Island real estate market remains healthy Updated: Sep-21-15 7:43 am
WARWICK, Rhode Island - The Rhode Island Association of Realtors is reporting that sales of single-family homes in the state shot up 14 percent in August compared to the year-ago month, the ninth consecutive month of year-over-year sales.
- Investment adviser, father sentenced for stealing from widow Updated: Sep-18-15 2:16 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A New Jersey investment adviser and his father have been sentenced for stealing $175,000 from an elderly widow and using the money to pay off a home equity line of credit.
- US household wealth reaches new high of $85.7 trillion Updated: Sep-18-15 1:27 pm
WASHINGTON - Rising home values drove a modest increase in Americans' household wealth to a new high of $85.7 trillion in the April-June quarter.
- Yuan devaluation could weigh on Chinese buyers of US homes Updated: Sep-18-15 1:21 pm
Shanshan Wu already owns three houses back home in China. But the 36-year-old has spent the last two months in Chicago shopping for a three-bedroom. She's got cash to spend - up to $400,000.
- California home prices, sales cool in August Updated: Sep-17-15 4:27 pm
SAN DIEGO - California's summer housing rally cooled in August, a research firm said Thursday, as tight supplies kept a lid on sales and more buyers found prices out of reach.
- US homebuilding slows in August after hot streak Updated: Sep-17-15 10:52 am
WASHINGTON - Builders broke ground on fewer houses and apartment complexes in August, a possible sign that the housing market may be levelling off after accelerating for much of the year.
- US homebuilder sentiment hits highest level since Oct. 2005 Updated: Sep-16-15 10:58 am
U.S. homebuilders are feeling slightly more optimistic about the housing market, nudging their confidence this month to a level not seen since the high-flying days of the housing boom nearly 10 years ago.
- Lawyer awaits sentencing in mortgage assistance fraud case Updated: Sep-16-15 5:43 am
PONTIAC, Michigan - A lawyer accused of stealing hundreds of thousands of dollars from people in Michigan that were facing mortgage foreclosures faces sentencing next month.
- Home construction slowing in Minot since post-flood peak Updated: Sep-10-15 8:18 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Residential construction in Minot is slowing from the post-flood pace of a few years ago.