- Baton Rouge-area home sales increase in July Updated: Aug-27-15 7:02 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - For the second month in a row, the number of houses sold in metro Baton Rouge increased from a year ago.
- Astoria struggling with shortage of housing Updated: Aug-26-15 12:54 pm
ASTORIA, Oregon - Anyone who has tried to rent an apartment or buy a house in Astoria since the recession knows the story: few choices, relatively high cost.
- Despite stock fall, financial health of many is still solid Updated: Aug-26-15 10:10 am
WASHINGTON - Many Americans have just absorbed a financial beating - at least as measured by their stock holdings. It's the kind of blow that can feed a sense of helplessness about retirement, college savings and higher-than-expected bills.
- The Latest: Dow fell more than 600 points from day's peak Updated: Aug-25-15 5:13 pm
NEW YORK - The latest on the global financial market turmoil (all times local):
- US new-home sales rebound in July Updated: Aug-25-15 10:23 am
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their purchases of new homes in July, with sales surging in the Northeast.
- US home prices rise steadily in June as sales pick up Updated: Aug-25-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. home prices rose solidly in June, another sign of health in the housing market.
- As stock prices sink, ordinary Americans keep their heads up Updated: Aug-25-15 6:55 am
WASHINGTON - Even as anxious investors send stock prices plunging, many Americans are sounding a rather different note:
- Securities officials go after Bellevue developer Updated: Aug-24-15 4:49 pm
SEATTLE - The Securities and Exchange Commission filed a complaint and sought a restraining order Monday against the head of an investment firm, saying he bilked more than 250 Chinese investors out of millions of dollars on two real estate projects - a skyscraper in downtown Seattle and a development in Everett.
- Foreclosure starts spike in Florida after months of decline Updated: Aug-23-15 3:04 am
ORLANDO, Florida - After almost a year of month-to-month declines, new foreclosure starts in Florida rose in July.
- US home sales soar in July to fastest pace since early 2007 Updated: Aug-20-15 12:10 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans stepped up their home-buying for a third straight month in July, as sales accelerated to the strongest pace in eight years.
- Measure of US economy's future health slips in July Updated: Aug-20-15 10:58 am
WASHINGTON - An index designed to predict the future health of the U.S. economy declined slightly in July yet still pointed to modest growth in the months ahead.
- Boomerang home buyers poised to return to market with a roar Updated: Aug-20-15 4:52 am
TRINITY, Florida - Tears still spring into Debbie Cooley-Guy's eyes when she thinks about her dream home, with its wide, sweeping porch. It overlooked a bayou filled with wading birds, a glittering blue pool and the space for not only a 12-foot Christmas tree, but a grand piano as well.
- California home sales remain robust, hold at nine-year high Updated: Aug-19-15 7:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Sales of California homes remained robust in July, with the number of houses and condos sold hitting a nine-year high for the second month in a row, a research firm reported Wednesday.
- Key factors to consider on interest-only mortgages Updated: Aug-19-15 4:20 pm
Don't call it a comeback.
- Killer deal: 'The Silence of the Lambs' house up for sale Updated: Aug-19-15 1:01 pm
PERRYOPOLIS, Pennsylvania - Celebrate your purchase of this lovely four-bedroom Victorian with some fava beans and a nice Chianti.
- Lowe's 2Q revenue tops Street, appliance sales strong Updated: Aug-19-15 6:43 am
MOORESVILLE, North Carolina - Lowe's second-quarter revenue beat analyst estimates as customer stocked up on things like appliances and outdoor power equipment.
- Wisconsin sees strong showing in residential housing market Updated: Aug-18-15 11:43 am
MILWAUKEE - Economists credit the state's unemployment rate and pent up demand for Wisconsin's strong showing so far this year in residential real estate.
- Home Depot separates itself from retail crowd in 2Q Updated: Aug-18-15 11:38 am
NEW YORK - Homes are getting a lot of TLC from their owners of late, which means better sales for businesses like Home Depot.
- Single-family houses fuel gains in US homebuilding in July Updated: Aug-18-15 11:22 am
WASHINGTON - U.S. builders started work on single-family houses last month at the fastest pace since the Great Recession began in late 2007.
- More millennials stuck renting for years before buying home Updated: Aug-17-15 12:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Home ownership, that celebrated hallmark of the American dream, is increasingly on hold for younger Americans.
- NY comptroller says high home foreclosure level persists Updated: Aug-17-15 11:55 am
ALBANY, New York - The foreclosure crisis persists in New York, even worsening in some suburban and upstate areas, the state comptroller reported Monday.
- US mortgage debt little changed even as sales, prices rise Updated: Aug-13-15 12:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Americans are buying more homes and at higher prices, yet new data shows that mortgage debt is little changed.
- California man convicted in $169M fraud scheme Updated: Aug-07-15 6:25 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A Southern California real estate investor has been convicted of a fraud scheme that cost investors as much as $169 million.
- FACT CHECK: GOP candidates veer from the truth in 1st debate Updated: Aug-06-15 11:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Republicans seeking their party's 2016 presidential nomination have the challenging task of trying to stand out among the 17 candidates in the race, and Thursday's televised debate was the first opportunity for the party to start whittling down its choices. So it's no surprise that the candidates had a vested interest in puffing up their own records as governors, senators and public figures. And some of them just got the facts wrong.
- 2 plead guilty in $3.8 million mortgage scam Updated: Aug-04-15 8:53 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - A former Las Vegas couple has pleaded guilty in a $3.8 million mortgage modification scam that authorities say defrauded more than 400 homeowners.