- High court to hear Iranian bank appeal over $1.75B judgment Updated: Oct-01-15 12:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court said Thursday it will hear an appeal from Iran's central bank over a $1.75 billion judgment awarded to victims of terrorist attacks, including the 1983 bombing that killed 241 American soldiers in Lebanon.
- Law enforcement agency pulls examiners out license offices Updated: Sep-30-15 8:14 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama agencies on Wednesday announced the closure of smaller state parks, National Guard armories and nearly half of drivers' license offices to deal with budget cuts in the coming fiscal year.
- Snyder names U of M professor to Michigan Supreme Court Updated: Sep-30-15 4:48 pm
LANSING, Michigan - A University of Michigan law professor with conservative credentials was appointed Wednesday to the Michigan Supreme Court, filling an opening caused by the early departure of Justice Mary Beth Kelly.
- Governor says budget language is unconstitutional Updated: Sep-25-15 3:51 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley says lawmakers encroached on the powers of the executive branch with budget bill language dictating how state agencies should spend money.
- Court orders anti-fracking issue back on Youngstown ballot Updated: Sep-24-15 9:24 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Ohio Supreme Court has ruled that an anti-fracking measure in Youngstown must be put back on fall ballots.