- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: May-26-15 11:06 pm
The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from swollen Blanco River; Texas death toll now 13
- UN delays Yemen peace talks scheduled to start Thursday Updated: May-26-15 3:43 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A conference aimed at restoring peace to conflict-torn Yemen has been postponed following a request from Yemen's government and other parties for more time to prepare, the U.N. announced Tuesday.
- Cholera infects 3,000 Burundian refugees, UN calls for help Updated: May-22-15 1:27 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - An outbreak of cholera has infected 3,000 people in a Tanzanian border region where refugees fleeing political unrest in Burundi have massed, the U.N. Refugee Agency said Friday.
- The Latest on Rohingya: US envoy says address root causes Updated: May-22-15 9:01 am
5 p.m. (1030 GMT)
- Rohingya crisis highlights toothless nature of ASEAN Updated: May-19-15 11:53 am
BANGKOK - The Southeast Asian grouping known as ASEAN has made a point of not pressuring member nations over internal issues such as rights abuses, and in the case of Myanmar's persecuted Rohingya minority, the policy has come back to haunt it.
- Syrian refugees struggle amid aid cuts, lack of labor rights Updated: May-19-15 3:50 am
SALHIYEH, Jordan - A Syrian refugee couple and their baby boy were recently dropped from a U.N. food voucher program and live on $9-a-day jobs on a peach farm in northern Jordan. In a town nearby, a 16-year-old boy quit school to work as a mechanic's helper because his refugee family needs the extra $21 a week.
- Brokers tricking Rohingya children onto trafficking boats Updated: May-18-15 8:25 pm
SITTWE, Myanmar - The boy was shoved onto the wooden vessel with hundreds of other Rohingya Muslims. For days, the 14-year-old sat with his knees bent into his chest, pressed up against sweaty bodies in the cabin's rancid heat.
- Beyonce visits Haiti to see progress made since 2010 quake Updated: May-16-15 10:55 pm
PORT-AU-PRINCE, Haiti - Pop queen Beyonce has paid a visit to Haiti to look at the progress made since an earthquake devastated the country five years ago.
- How Southeast Asia has created its own humanitarian crisis Updated: May-13-15 11:32 pm
BANGKOK - The waters off some of Southeast Asia's most pristine beaches are the focal point of a regional humanitarian crisis. Yet nobody is rushing to solve it.
- Former Fayetteville doctor survives 2nd Nepal earthquake Updated: May-13-15 5:50 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - A former Fayetteville doctor working in Nepal when the second deadly earthquake rattled the country Tuesday survived.
- South Sudan fighting causes humanitarian crisis, says UN Updated: May-12-15 1:27 pm
JUBA, South Sudan - The United Nations mission to South Sudan has received credible reports of kidnappings of boys as young as 10 and the rape and abduction of girls and women amid killings in a northern region that the U.N. and aid agencies had to abandon because of the danger.
- Kerry seeks pause in Yemen war as he arrives in Saudi Arabia Updated: May-06-15 3:43 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry sought to secure a pause in Yemen's war as he arrived in Saudi Arabia Wednesday to meet with the king and other top officials, citing increased shortages of food, fuel and medicine that are adding to a crisis that already has neighboring countries bracing for a mass exodus of refugees. He was to hold further talks Thursday.
- Nepal's wrenching choices: 'I feel like I could die anytime' Updated: May-03-15 11:26 pm
KATHMANDU, Nepal - Four days after the earthquake ripped apart the supporting wall attaching her ancient brick house to the tilting seven-story building next door, Parbati Gautam moved back in.