- Rise in heroin use, hepatitis C infections worries officials Updated: Jul-06-15 3:53 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The rise of heroin usage and subsequent surge in hepatitis C infections in central Ohio has state health officials considering new ways to combat the issue, including a needle-exchange program.
- Immigrant children given adult dose of hepatitis A vaccine Updated: Jul-04-15 5:23 pm
SAN ANTONIO - About 250 immigrant children were given an adult dose of a hepatitis A vaccine at a Texas detention facility where they were being held with their mothers, according to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement officials.
- Cabell County to have state's 1st syringe exchange program Updated: Jul-02-15 1:10 pm
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - Cabell County will be the site of West Virginia's first syringe exchange program, which officials say will help reduce infectious diseases within the county's population of intravenous drug-users.
- Madison County plans 4 sites for needle-exchange program Updated: Jun-27-15 5:58 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Health officials are working to open four needle-exchange sites in a central Indiana county after being granted state approval for the program because of disease being spread among intravenous drug users.
- VA says it faces $2.5B budget shortfall a year after scandal Updated: Jun-25-15 4:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Department of Veterans Affairs said Thursday it faces a budget shortfall of more than $2.5 billion, mainly because of increased demand by veterans for health care, including new life-saving treatments for Hepatitis C.
- Central Indiana county seeks needle-exchange program Updated: Jun-16-15 4:37 pm
ANDERSON, Indiana - Officials in a central Indiana county declared a public health emergency Tuesday over a growing number of hepatitis C cases and are requesting state approval for starting a needle-exchange program.
- Advocacy group: Inmates denied hepatitis C treatment Updated: Jun-16-15 11:11 am
BOSTON - A prisoners' rights group has sued the state prisons department, alleging it is withholding treatment for inmates with hepatitis C.