- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 pm
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- US Olympians get nautical look for Rio's closing ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 1:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic athletes from the United States will look ready to sail back home when they attend the closing ceremony at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Olympic skating scandal official in 4-man race to lead ISU Updated: Apr-27-16 4:39 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A French official who was suspended in the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic figure skating judging scandal is running in the International Skating Union's presidential election.
- Discovery reaches Olympic TV deal with YLE in Finland Updated: Apr-21-16 1:47 pm
LONDON - Finnish broadcaster YLE has reached a deal with Discovery Communications for domestic TV rights for the 2018 and 2020 Olympics.
- 3 Russian speed skaters have doping suspensions lifted Updated: Apr-21-16 12:44 pm
MOSCOW - The head of Russia's speed skating federation says three Russians, including an Olympic gold medalist, have had their provisional doping suspensions lifted after a change in guidelines on meldonium cases.
- Switzerland opens process for 2026 Winter Olympic bid Updated: Apr-20-16 1:55 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Davos and St. Moritz want to mount another bid for the Winter Olympics, this time teaming up with Zurich for a shot at the 2026 Games.
- Apolo Ohno to be inducted into US Speedskating Hall of Fame Updated: Apr-11-16 5:29 pm
KEARNS, Utah - Eight-time Olympic medalist Apolo Ohno is being inducted into the U.S. Speedskating Hall of Fame next month.
- Column: Athletes are actors in sports' tragedies Updated: Apr-06-16 7:04 pm
PARIS - By the fourth round it already was clear - although not to Nick Blackwell himself - that he was going to lose. Chris Eubank Jnr.'s uppercuts were snapping Blackwell's head violently backward, like a crash-test dummy slammed into a wall. But because the British middleweight champion kept coming back for more, the referee allowed the savage beating to continue for another six rounds until Blackwell's left eye was so grotesquely swollen that a ringside doctor ruled he couldn't continue.
- Bjoerndalen to keep competing, and have a child Updated: Apr-05-16 9:47 am
OSLO, Norway - Olympic great Ole Einar Bjoerndalen has put retirement plans on hold to compete in biathlon for two more years, and will soon be a father.
- Carpenter scores in OT to get US gold over Canada again Updated: Apr-05-16 4:16 am
KAMLOOPS, British Columbia - Alex Carpenter put another gold medal around the Americans' necks.
- US skater banned for 1 year for late-night fight about noise Updated: Apr-04-16 11:10 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The International Skating Union has banned two-time Olympian Mitchell Whitmore of the United States for one year after a late-night fight with a Netherlands coach outside a team hotel.
- Man cleared in scandal awarded for role in Utah Olympics Updated: Mar-30-16 1:19 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The official cleared of wrongdoing in bringing the Winter Olympics to Salt Lake City in 2002 is the recipient of what some call an overdue honor.