- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Miracle on Ice goalie selling his gold medal, mask, skates Updated: May-24-16 5:32 pm
NEW YORK - It took a miracle for Jim Craig to win a gold medal in hockey at the 1980 Olympics, but, after 36 years, he's willing to let it go.
- Doping lab stands quiet as Russia swept by scandals Updated: May-24-16 2:36 pm
MOSCOW - Even as Russia is swept by one doping scandal after another, the national anti-doping laboratory stands almost idle.
- July 15 set as deadline for completion of Sochi doping probe Updated: May-23-16 6:18 am
MONTREAL - WADA's independent investigation into allegations of state-backed doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics will be completed by July 15.
- Lee says preparations on track for Pyeongchang 2018 Updated: May-20-16 4:58 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Preparations for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang are on track with less than two years to go, despite lingering concerns over venue constructions and sponsorships, the new chief organizer said Friday.
- WADA appoints McLaren to oversee Sochi investigation Updated: May-19-16 8:32 pm
SYDNEY - World Anti-Doping Agency president Craig Reedie has appointed Richard McLaren as the independent overseer of an investigation into allegations of state-sponsored doping at the 2014 Sochi Olympics.
- Bach: Russia faces range of sanctions if state doping proven Updated: May-18-16 11:35 am
LONDON - The latest allegations of state-sponsored doping in Russia could lead to suspension of entire national federations, heavy fines and lifetime Olympic bans, IOC President Thomas Bach said Wednesday.
- Australian Olympic chief says drug cheats can never rest Updated: May-18-16 5:17 am
SYDNEY - IOC vice president John Coates says the most recent positive doping results of backdated tests from athletes competing at the 2008 Beijing Olympics proves "if we don't get you at the Games, we will get you later."
- Questions and Answers on the Olympic doping retests Updated: May-17-16 12:49 pm
LONDON - The IOC announced Tuesday that 31 athletes in six sports and from 12 countries could be banned from the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after their doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games came back positive in retests.
- Russia has doping problem and is 'sorry,' says minister Updated: May-15-16 10:37 am
MOSCOW - Russia has a "problem" with doping and is "very sorry" that its cheating athletes were not caught sooner, the country's sports minister said.
- A wave of bad news batters Olympics past, present and future Updated: May-13-16 2:35 pm
LONDON - Doping scandals. Bribery allegations. Fears about Zika. Political, economic and corruption crises.
- Column: Throw Russia out but keep Kenya in the Rio Games Updated: May-13-16 1:45 pm
The trouble with collective punishment is that innocent people get hurt. Banning both Russia and Kenya from the Rio de Janeiro Olympics for doping would rob athletes who haven't sunk to pills and needles of a life-changing opportunity.
- Former lab director offers help on tests of tampered samples Updated: May-12-16 10:22 pm
MONTREAL - The former Moscow lab director who revealed Russia's plans to tamper with urine samples to guarantee clean drug tests at the Sochi Olympics is calling on Olympic officials to test the stored samples with his assistance.
- Russia, Kenya track teams may miss Rio after doping rulings Updated: May-12-16 7:31 pm
MONTREAL - Together, Russia and Kenya won 27 medals at the last Olympics in track and field. Their total at the next one could be zero.
- AP Interview: IOC could retest Sochi doping samples Updated: May-12-16 6:57 am
LONDON - The IOC "would not hesitate" to retest drug samples from the 2014 Winter Games in Sochi if there is evidence that doping controls were manipulated, according to the Olympic body's medical director.
- Czech broadcaster gets '18-'20 Olympic rights from Discovery Updated: May-09-16 10:20 am
LONDON - The Czech Republic's public broadcaster will sub-license the rights to the 2018 and 2020 Olympics from Discovery Communications.
- Quebec City drops plans for 2026 Winter Olympics bid Updated: May-06-16 5:41 pm
QUEBEC CITY - Quebec City has dropped plans to bid for the 2026 Winter Olympics.
- USA Luge National Team named for 2016-2017 season Updated: May-04-16 5:00 pm
LAKE PLACID, New York - Three-time Olympian Erin Hamlin and Chris Mazdzer head USA Luge's national team that will race World Cup next season.
- Ex minister nominated to head 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Games Updated: May-04-16 5:55 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean organizers have officially selected former government minister Lee Hee-beom as the new head of the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang.
- AP Interview: Fasel worried NHL players will skip 2018 Games Updated: May-03-16 2:12 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The head of ice hockey's international body says there is a strong possibility that NHL players won't be competing at the next Winter Olympics.
- 2018 Winter Games chief quits; ex minister set to step in Updated: May-03-16 9:16 am
SEOUL, South Korea - A former South Korean government minister was nominated to take over the organizing committee of the 2018 Winter Olympics on Tuesday, just hours after Cho Yang-ho quit amid escalating financial troubles at the business group his family controls.
- Johnny Weir, Tara Lipinski to be Olympic correspondents Updated: May-02-16 11:58 am
NEW YORK - Johnny Weir and Tara Lipinski will serve as correspondents for NBC's coverage of the Rio de Janeiro Olympics.
- Rio Olympic flame visits UN office in Geneva Updated: Apr-29-16 12:56 pm
GENEVA - The Olympic flame for the Rio de Janeiro Games came to the United Nations in Geneva on Friday, where officials said a team of refugee athletes will bring a message of hope for refugees around the world.
- Column: Where Leicester fits in sports' history of underdogs Updated: Apr-28-16 10:47 am
PARIS - On the list of improbabilities, just behind hell freezing over and pigs taking to the air was Leicester winning the Premier League. That, at least, is how things seemed nine months ago, at the start of the most unlikely championship charge in English football history.
- US Olympians get nautical look for Rio's closing ceremony Updated: Apr-27-16 1:34 pm
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - Olympic athletes from the United States will look ready to sail back home when they attend the closing ceremony at this year's games in Rio de Janeiro.