- Los Angeles back from dead as US candidate for 2024 Olympics Updated: Sep-02-15 7:47 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles is the official U.S. nominee for the 2024 Olympic games - a dramatic turnaround for a city that just two months ago was considered out of the running.
- Broten, Scurry, Tollefson named to MSHSL Hall of Fame Updated: Sep-01-15 1:29 pm
BROOKLYN CENTER, Minnesota - Three former U.S. Olympians headline the Minnesota State High School League's 2015 Hall of Fame class.
- A look at recent politically tainted trials in Russia Updated: Aug-25-15 10:04 am
MOSCOW - The guilty verdict Tuesday for Crimean filmmaker Oleg Sentsov, who was convicted and sentenced to 20 years in a Russian maximum-security prison for an alleged terror conspiracy, follows a plethora of recent Russian trials that are widely seen as warnings to society not to question its Kremlin rulers.
- Olympic figure skating champ Sotnikova prepares for comeback Updated: Aug-20-15 1:09 pm
MOSCOW - Olympic figure skating champion Adelina Sotnikova has a simple message: I'm back.
- Beijing pollution awaits runners at worlds, just like '08 Updated: Aug-20-15 2:11 am
BEIJING - The drifting smoke from forest fires sometimes makes it difficult for marathoner Heather Lieberg to take a deep breath during her afternoon training runs in the hills of Montana.
- Ex- Salt Lake City mayor sues NSA over Olympics surveillance Updated: Aug-19-15 4:32 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A former mayor of Salt Lake City has sued the National Security Agency over what he calls a mass warrantless surveillance program monitoring texts, emails and phone calls during the 2002 Winter Olympics.
- Finance, venue challenges for Durban 2022 Com. Games bid Updated: Aug-11-15 9:33 am
DURBAN, South Africa - Durban's 2022 Commonwealth Games bid still has "challenges" before it can become the event's first African host, including getting a financial guarantee from the South African government, a bid leader said.