- Caps get Sochi shootout star Oshie from Blues for Brouwer Updated: Jul-02-15 8:26 pm
- Turmoil in Russian football as government limits foreigners Updated: Jul-02-15 11:09 am
MOSCOW - With just 10 days until the start of the new season, Russian football clubs' transfer plans risk being upended as the government threatens to cut the number of foreign players they can field.
- China says probe of FIBA official won't affect Olympic bid Updated: Jun-30-15 11:52 am
BEIJING - An official says Beijing's 2022 Winter Olympic bid won't be affected by the investigation of a Chinese member of basketball's international governing body for possible corruption.
- Discovery secures European Olympic TV rights through 2024 Updated: Jun-29-15 10:15 am
LONDON - U.S.-based media giant Discovery Communications Inc. secured the European broadcast rights for four Olympics through 2024 on Monday in a landmark deal worth 1.3 billion euros ($1.45 billion).
- Former Coach recalls first Chinese NHL draft Song Andong Updated: Jun-29-15 7:38 am
BEIJING - Song Andong made sports history last week as the first Chinese player selected in the NHL draft. To his old coach, though, he's just a nice kid who keeps his head and shows the proper respect.
- Wrestling federation signs up to IOC monitoring system Updated: Jun-24-15 1:57 pm
VEVEY, Switzerland - Wrestling's governing body has become the latest federation to sign up to the IOC's monitoring system in the fight against illegal betting and match-fixing.
- Paris becomes 4th city to join race for 2024 Olympic Games Updated: Jun-23-15 9:33 am
PARIS - Paris declared its candidacy for the 2024 Olympics on Tuesday, becoming the fourth city to enter the race and setting out its vision for bringing the games back to the French capital for the first time in 100 years.
- Beijing says snow is no problem for 2022 Winter Olympic bid Updated: Jun-23-15 8:59 am
BEIJING - Beijing is driving home assurances that providing plenty of good quality snow for the skiing events won't be a problem if it wins the right to host the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- Armstrong selected as Canada GM for 2016 hockey World Cup Updated: Jun-23-15 2:17 am
TORONTO - The World Cup will be a whole new experience for Hockey Canada.
- Star Canadian speedskater Cindy Klassen retires at 35 Updated: Jun-20-15 2:05 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Canadian speedskater Cindy Klassen retired Saturday after a career in which she won six Olympic medals.
- Klassen expected to announce retirement from speedskating Updated: Jun-16-15 9:14 pm
WINNIPEG, Manitoba - Speedskater Cindy Klassen is expected to announce her retirement Saturday at a news conference in Winnipeg.
- Keith caps Conn Smythe performance with game-winning goal Updated: Jun-16-15 1:03 am
CHICAGO - Duncan Keith rarely tired and never wavered during one of the most dominant postseason performances in NHL history.
- Tibetan protesters disrupt Beijing bid at Lausanne hotel Updated: Jun-10-15 11:02 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - A small group of Tibetan protesters on Wednesday disrupted a display of Beijing's bid plans for the 2022 Winter Olympics.
- IOC members: Almaty narrows gap in 2022 race with Beijing Updated: Jun-10-15 10:57 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Almaty managed to win the attention of IOC members. The next challenge is to win their votes.
- 1968 Olympic speedskating champ Maier from Norway dies Updated: Jun-10-15 4:15 am
OSLO, Norway - The Norwegian Skating Association says Fred Anton Maier, who was an Olympic, world, and European speedskating champion in the 1960s, has died. He was 76.
- Bach: FIFA must go through 'painful experience' to reform Updated: Jun-08-15 3:48 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Saying there is "no comparison" in the scale of the IOC's Salt Lake City scandal and FIFA's corruption crisis, IOC President Thomas Bach urged soccer's governing body to take the "painful" steps needed to clean itself up and restore credibility in the organization.
- IOC approves new events for 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang Updated: Jun-08-15 12:12 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - The IOC approved new events Monday in snowboarding, Alpine skiing, speedskating and curling for the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang, South Korea.
- Man who led IOC scandal probe: 'It may be too late for FIFA' Updated: Jun-06-15 10:07 am
LONDON - A global sports organization pummeled by a corruption scandal. The president under pressure to resign. The U.S. Justice Department and FBI leading the investigation. Sponsors clamoring for reform.
- The Latest: Irish FA publishes full contract with FIFA Updated: Jun-05-15 6:10 pm
2155 GMT (5:55 p.m. EDT)