- Omaha man accused in stabbing, fire released from hospital Updated: May-24-16 5:30 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - A man accused of killing another man and setting fire to an apartment has been released from the hospital and taken to the Douglas County jail.
- Prosecutor weighs charging husband of dead restaurateur Updated: May-24-16 1:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A prosecutor says it will likely take several days to determine a man will be charged in the death of his estranged husband, a well-known Salt Lake City restaurateur and LGBT pioneer who died in a house fire.
- Restaurateur, LGBT pioneer dead; estranged husband arrested Updated: May-23-16 6:48 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The estranged husband of a well-known Salt Lake City restaurateur and LGBT pioneer who died in a house fire over the weekend has been arrested on suspicion of murder and arson, authorities said.
- Lynnwood woman who survived attack, arson meets her rescuers Updated: May-23-16 11:28 am
LYNNWOOD, Washington - A Snohomish County woman who nearly died during an arson and assault in 2014 recently was reunited with the firefighters who rescued her. Brenda Welch went to Lynnwood Fire Station 15 on Friday for a meeting both she and the first responders had been anticipating.
- Los Angeles police: Man set 2 people on fire at encampment Updated: May-23-16 9:00 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police have arrested a man they say lit two people on fire at a homeless encampment.
- Airman going on military trial on felony murder charge Updated: May-23-16 5:24 am
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - A Robins Air Force Base airman is set to go on trial in the death of a friend who authorities say the airman paid to burn down a property as part of an insurance scheme.
- 1 dead in early morning fire at Salt Lake City home Updated: May-22-16 4:57 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Police say a man pulled from a burning house in Salt Lake City is possibly the victim of homicide and arson.
- Man convicted of setting fire that killed daughter, friend Updated: May-21-16 11:38 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A suburban Kansas City man has been convicted of setting a house fire that killed his 14-month-old daughter and an adult.
- Man gets 13 years in burglary, burning of Waldorf gun store Updated: May-20-16 4:42 pm
GREENBELT, Maryland - A man who pleaded guilty to his role in the burglary and burning of a Waldorf gun store has been sentenced to 13 years in prison.
- Police: 5 people believed killed in fire were actually shot Updated: May-20-16 1:03 pm
ATLANTA - Five people found dead in a south Georgia house fire were actually shot, and the blaze was set intentionally as a cover-up, state law officers said Friday.
- The Latest: Detectives suspicious of fatal fire from outset Updated: May-20-16 10:59 am
MOULTRIE, Georgia - The Latest on the killings of five people whose bodies were found after a south Georgia house fire (all times local):
- Arson suspect in more trouble after alleged fake MD's note Updated: May-20-16 8:06 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - A Connecticut woman charged with setting her ex-boyfriend's apartment on fire has had her bail increased after allegedly forging a doctor's note claiming her electronic-monitoring ankle bracelet was setting off her pacemaker.
- FBI adds LA and Chicago area suspects to 10 Most Wanted list Updated: May-19-16 7:34 pm
CHICAGO - The FBI added two men to its 10 Most Wanted Fugitives list Thursday: A Chicago-area man suspected in a teenager's 2009 killing and a Los Angeles man accused of killing his pregnant girlfriend last month.
- Old Orchard Beach fire chief charged with arson resigns Updated: May-19-16 10:08 am
OLD ORCHARD BEACH, Maine - A Maine fire chief charged with arson after he allegedly discarded a cigarette and ignited a blaze that scorched 42 acres has submitted his resignation.
- Woman dies from burns sustained in Cedar Bluff arson fire Updated: May-19-16 7:06 am
CEDAR BLUFF, Alabama - A woman who sustained serious burn injuries in an arson fire in Cedar Bluff has died from her injuries.
- Detroit nonprofit community center struck by thefts, arson Updated: May-18-16 11:15 am
DETROIT - A nonprofit community center on Detroit's east side that's working to offer summer programing has been struck by theft and arson.
- Philadelphia man shot by man who set porch chair on fire Updated: May-18-16 7:47 am
PHILADELPHIA - Philadelphia police are trying to find a man who set fire to a chair on a porch, then shot a man who came to the home's door to investigate.
- LA law firm sues developer over damaging arson fire Updated: May-17-16 5:00 pm
LOS ANGELES - A Los Angeles law firm is suing the developer of an unfinished downtown apartment complex that burned in a massive arson fire, damaging the neighboring law office.
- Man alleges girlfriend set him on fire in Kansas City Updated: May-17-16 9:57 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - Authorities are investigating a report that a woman set her boyfriend on fire at a Kansas City house.
- Trio sentenced in farmhouse slaying in Lyon County Updated: May-17-16 7:04 am
MARSHALL, Minnesota - A man accused of fatally shooting a couple and setting their farmhouse on fire in southwestern Minnesota has been sentenced to life in prison.
- Arson & Bomb Squad investigating blaze in Springfield Updated: May-17-16 3:41 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The Springfield Arson & Bomb Squad is investigating a fire in the Massachusetts city's Upper Hill section that displaced a dozen residents and caused roughly $80,000 in damage.
- Man charged with fatally shooting his brother Updated: May-16-16 5:44 pm
FORESTVILLE, Maryland - Prince George's County Police have arrested a man they say fatally shot his brother and set his body on fire.
- Arson suspected after fire burns thrift store donation bins Updated: May-16-16 12:18 pm
LINCOLN PARK, Michigan - A charity says arson is suspected in a fire that burned three donation bins at a Detroit-area thrift store.
- Police: Man threw gas on woman as she smoked, killing her Updated: May-15-16 8:10 pm
BENSALEM, Pennsylvania - Authorities on Sunday charged a Philadelphia man accused of throwing a cup of gasoline on his girlfriend while she was smoking, starting a fire that killed her after a dispute between the two.
- Man arraigned in slaying of 56-year-old Detroit woman Updated: May-14-16 5:06 pm
DETROIT - A 46-year-old man is charged with murder and arson in the slaying of a 56-year-old Detroit woman.