- Homeless man is person of interest in deadly Seal Beach fire Updated: May-04-16 11:05 pm
SEAL BEACH, California - Police say a homeless man is a person of interest in an arson fire that killed a former teacher and his dog in a Seal Beach apartment.
- Man, 2 dogs shot in Suffolk County; house set on fire Updated: May-04-16 5:33 am
YAPHANK, New York - Suffolk County police are seeking a suspect who they say shot a man and his two dogs and then set his house on fire.
- Teen charged in fire that killed NY cop denies setting blaze Updated: May-03-16 8:58 pm
NEW YORK - A teenager charged in a 2014 mattress fire in Brooklyn that killed a police officer and severely injured another officer has denied setting the fire, saying he confessed to the crime to protect his family.
- Review: New Spenser novel is a 5-alarm thriller Updated: May-03-16 2:41 pm
"Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn" (G.P. Putnam's Sons), by Ace Atkins
- Police: House burglaries, blazes appear connected Updated: May-03-16 11:53 am
NICHOLASVILLE, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say they are investigating three house fires that occurred after the homes were burglarized.
- Bangladesh war crimes court sentences 4 to death Updated: May-03-16 8:15 am
NEW DELHI - A special war crimes court in Bangladesh sentenced four men to death Tuesday for killing, torture, arson and looting during the nation's independence war against Pakistan in 1971.
- Refugee sets herself alight at immigration camp on Nauru Updated: May-02-16 9:52 pm
CANBERRA, Australia - A Somali refugee was critically injured when she set herself on fire at an Australian immigration camp on the Pacific island nation of Nauru three days after an Iranian refugee died of injuries sustained in a similar apparent protest, officials said.
- Man pleads guilty to setting store on fire during riots Updated: May-02-16 7:28 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- Man pleads guilty to setting fire in store during riots Updated: May-02-16 6:57 pm
BALTIMORE - A man has pleaded guilty to setting a liquor store on fire during the riots that rocked Baltimore last year in the wake of Freddie Gray's death after he was injured in police custody.
- Police ID officers on leave after shooting at TV station Updated: May-02-16 10:57 am
BALTIMORE - Police officials are identifying three SWAT team members on routine administrative leave after the shooting of a man who walked into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb.
- Man accused of throwing Molotov cocktail at police vehicle Updated: May-02-16 6:19 am
GLOUCESTER CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a man walked into the Gloucester City Police Department parking lot and smashed a Molotov cocktail on the side of a police vehicle.
- Man to serve 3 years in prison for burning puppy alive Updated: Apr-30-16 3:50 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A judge has sentenced a Northern California man to three years and eight months in state prison for burning his weeks-old Chihuahua dog alive.
- Prosecutors: Fire that gutted historic mansion was an arson Updated: Apr-30-16 1:02 pm
MENDHAM TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - Authorities say a fire that gutted a historic mansion on a Colonial-era farm in New Jersey earlier this year was intentionally set.
- Employee charged with arson in furniture warehouse fire Updated: Apr-29-16 10:48 pm
CHICAGO - An employee of a suburban Chicago furniture warehouse is facing federal arson charges for allegedly seeing a fire that destroyed the building.
- $5 million bond set for suspect facing arson, murder charges Updated: Apr-29-16 4:42 pm
KANKAKEE, Illinois - Bond has been set at $5 million for a 61-year-old man facing murder and arson charges for allegedly setting an apartment building fire that killed two boys.
- Indianapolis house explosion suspect wants trial moved Updated: Apr-29-16 4:39 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A fourth suspect in a house explosion that killed two people and devastated an Indianapolis neighborhood has requested that his trial be moved from the city.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Man suspected of starting Creek County wildfire arrested Updated: Apr-29-16 12:00 pm
SAPULPA, Oklahoma - A Bristow man accused of igniting a wildfire in 2012 that burned nearly 60,000 acres and destroyed hundreds of homes in Creek County has been arrested.
- Man pleads guilty for fire at Habitat for Humanity ReStore Updated: Apr-29-16 9:55 am
HELENA, Montana - A 32-year-old Helena man has pleaded guilty to setting the fire that caused more than $500,000 in damage to the Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Helena last summer.
- Omaha man found guilty of burning couple's gay pride flag Updated: Apr-28-16 4:11 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - An Omaha man accused of stealing a gay pride rainbow flag and burning it has been found guilty.
- Upstate New York couple charged in fatal house fire Updated: Apr-28-16 12:40 am
WAYLAND, New York - A Steuben County couple faces murder and arson charges after an investigation into a fatal fire.
- 24-year-old upstate NY man convicted of grandmother killing Updated: Apr-27-16 5:46 pm
ROCHESTER, New York - A jury has convicted a 24-year-old upstate New York man of murdering his grandmother.
- Firefighter charged with arson suspended Updated: Apr-27-16 10:31 am
STODDARD, New Hampshire - The fire chief in Stoddard, New Hampshire, says he's implementing a plan to prevent future employees from committing arson after the recent arrest of a volunteer firefighter.
- Man who hallucinated bear attack, caused havoc is sentenced Updated: Apr-27-16 4:46 am
ST. JOHNSBURY, Vermont - A Vermont man who caused havoc after a drug-induced hallucination led him to fear an imaginary bear attack will serve a minimum of two more years in prison.
- Man arrested in 2003 Philadelphia firebombing that killed 5 Updated: Apr-26-16 5:17 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A man who got into a fight with a boxer outside a club went to the boxer's home later that night with friends and threw Molotov cocktails at the windows, igniting a fire that killed him and four relatives, police said Tuesday in announcing an arrest in the 2003 cold case.