- Boy, 16, accused of lighting child on fire, held for trial Updated: Aug-01-15 4:46 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A 16-year-old youth has been ordered to stand trial on charges that he set an 11-year-old boy on fire in west Philadelphia earlier this month.
- Authorities say someone set Vestavia Hills condominium fire Updated: Aug-01-15 10:52 am
VESTAVIA HILLS, Alabama - Authorities say someone deliberately set a huge fire that tore through a Vestavia Hills condominium complex.
- Man guilty in pipe bomb conspiracy now charged with arson Updated: Jul-31-15 3:40 pm
RAWLINS, Wyoming - A Cheyenne man who pleaded guilty to his role in an unsuccessful murder-for-hire plot is charged with arson-for-hire involving the same co-defendant.
- Woman charged with killing 5-year-old son with poison Updated: Jul-31-15 2:56 pm
GAITHERSBURG, Maryland - Montgomery County Police say a woman killed her 5-year-old son with an overdose of a common antihistamine and set her car on fire with him in it.
- Outdoor Campus recovers from arson; ready for weekend event Updated: Jul-31-15 11:04 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Sioux Falls residents have come to the rescue of an outdoors program targeted by an arsonist.
- $10,000 reward offered in arson at Asheville armory Updated: Jul-31-15 4:18 am
ASHEVILLE, North Carolina - The U.S. Army's Criminal Investigation Command is offering a $10,000 reward in an arson case in which $1.6 million in National Guard vehicles were destroyed earlier this year.
- Half-brothers plead guilty in Hope murder, arson case Updated: Jul-30-15 11:31 am
HOPE, Arkansas - Half-brothers from Hope have pleaded guilty to charges in the stabbing death of a Hope man and the burning of his body.
- Officials: Several blazes near Kelso church likely arson Updated: Jul-29-15 10:28 pm
KELSO, Washington - Investigators believe several fires that broke out near a church in Kelso early Wednesday were intentionally set.
- Maine man sentenced to life for killing grandmother Updated: Jul-29-15 5:11 pm
ALFRED, Maine - A Maine man who beat his grandmother, stabbed her dozens of times and set her body afire was sentenced Wednesday to life in prison, the maximum penalty under state law.
- GE plant fire probe finds problems with sprinklers, hydrants Updated: Jul-29-15 3:06 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - An outdated sprinkler system, alarms that didn't activate properly and inoperable hydrants contributed to the intensity of an April 3 fire at General Electric's Appliance Park that destroyed a massive warehouse.
- Florida man charged in arson death of young boy Updated: Jul-29-15 1:52 pm
OAKLAND, Florida - A central Florida man has been arrested on charges of starting a fire that killed a 5-year-old boy and left a 3-year-old boy unconscious in the mobile home they all shared with the boys' mother.
- Ocean City church plans to rebuild following 2013 arson fire Updated: Jul-29-15 1:07 pm
OCEAN CITY, Maryland - Officials at an Ocean City church are thinking about rebuilding after a 2013 fire destroyed the rectory.
- Man charged with arson in Houston blaze, 3 firefighters hurt Updated: Jul-29-15 11:34 am
HOUSTON - Houston police say a man has been accused of starting an apartment complex blaze that left three firefighters slightly hurt.
- Man accused of setting his house on fire pleads not guilty Updated: Jul-29-15 9:19 am
NORTHAMPTON, Massachusetts - A Massachusetts man has pleaded not guilty to charges that he burned down his own house.
- Nevada man guilty of 5 murders in 2013 killing-arson spree Updated: Jul-28-15 9:17 pm
YERINGTON, Nevada - A 27-year-old Nevada man with a criminal history was convicted Tuesday of five counts of murder and could face the death penalty for a killing spree two years ago.
- Woman accused of insurance arson gets suspended sentence Updated: Jul-28-15 8:47 pm
DANIELSON, Connecticut - A woman accused of using fireworks to burn down her Windham home for insurance has received a fully suspended prison sentence.
- City of Dickinson responds to suit connected to school fire Updated: Jul-28-15 6:49 pm
DICKINSON, North Dakota - Attorneys for the city of Dickinson are asking a federal judge to dismiss a lawsuit filed by the former Dickinson Trinity High School principal who was blamed for setting fire to the school until a judge threw out the charges.
- 2 men convicted in 3 car fire deaths to spend life in prison Updated: Jul-28-15 5:26 pm
BANGOR, Maine - Two men convicted of murder in a 2012 drug-related triple slaying followed by a car fire will spend the rest of their lives behind bars under sentences imposed Tuesday.
- Indiana woman charged with arson after suicide attempt Updated: Jul-28-15 4:34 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A northern Indiana woman was arrested Tuesday on charges alleging that she caused a house explosion by partially filling the home with gas during a suicide attempt.
- Man faces arson charge for setting wife's home ablaze Updated: Jul-28-15 8:34 am
GOLDEN VALLEY, Arizona - A man has been arrested after allegedly setting fire to his estranged wife's Golden Valley home, a day after the woman had obtained a protective order against him.
- Police: Woman likely set house fire that took her life Updated: Jul-28-15 7:19 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Police say a Stamford woman found dead after a fire in her home apparently set the blaze.
- 2 juveniles charged with setting fire in Oakland Updated: Jul-28-15 7:02 am
OAKLAND, Maine - Two juveniles have been charged for allegedly setting a fire at the site of the former Cascade Woolen Mill in Oakland.
- Correction: Movie Theater Shooting-Timeline story Updated: Jul-27-15 5:55 pm
In a timeline of the life of Louisiana movie theater gunman John Russell Houser, The Associated Press, relying on court filings his family's lawyer submitted to obtain a protective order against him in 2008, reported erroneously that a Carroll County probate judge ordered him committed involuntarily to a mental hospital. Judge Betty Cason says her order was limited to ordering deputies to deliver Houser against his will if necessary to a hospital for a mental health evaluation.
- Larimer man lights self on fire in police standoff Updated: Jul-27-15 1:10 pm
FORT COLLINS, Colorado - A Larimer County man set himself on fire Sunday when police responded to a complaint about his shouting and acting erratically.
- Fire that destroyed West Virginia church ruled arson Updated: Jul-27-15 12:09 pm
FORT GAY, West Virginia - Investigators say a fire that destroyed a Wayne County church has been ruled arson.