- Mo Farah wins 10K at the Prefontaine Classic Updated: May-28-16 2:18 am
EUGENE, Oregon - Olympian Mo Farah of Great Britain won his third 10,000-meter title in the Prefontaine Classic on Friday night.
- Patience pays off for Polish-born kayaker competing for US Updated: May-28-16 2:04 am
Rather than chasing gold, silver or bronze at the last Olympics, Michal Smolen decided he'd rather wait for the red, white and blue.
- Hardy, Anderson win swim events at Speedo Grand Challenge Updated: May-27-16 10:08 pm
IRVINE, California - Jessica Hardy won the 100-meter breaststroke Friday night at the Speedo Grand Challenge tune-up meet before next month's U.S. Olympic swimming trials.
- IOC: 23 positives in retests of samples from London Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:01 pm
LONDON - Nearly two dozen athletes tested positive in reanalysis of their doping samples from the 2012 London Olympics, adding to the more than 30 already caught in retesting from the 2008 Beijing Games.
- Russian riot police halt wrestling brawl over Rio 2016 spot Updated: May-27-16 9:48 am
MOSCOW - Russian riot police had to be sent into the wrestling ring Friday when a scuffle erupted after a championship bout.
- Hungary forms athletes' commission to help Budapest 2024 bid Updated: May-27-16 7:42 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - The Hungarian Olympic Committee has set up a 31-member commission of athletes to advise and promote Budapest's bid for the 2024 Games.
- Final vote on impeachment could come 3 days before Olympics Updated: May-27-16 12:55 am
RIO DE JANEIRO - The Rio de Janeiro Olympics have been upstaged by the impeachment of President Dilma Rousseff. And it could get worse.
- Judge hears arguments on US women's team strike rights Updated: May-26-16 5:55 pm
CHICAGO - A federal judge heard arguments Thursday on whether the world champion U.S. women's soccer team has the right to strike for improved conditions and wages before this year's Summer Olympics, with her pending decision potentially carrying far-reaching consequences for American soccer.
- By day, he's Justin Gatlin. By race, he's alter ego 'J Gat' Updated: May-26-16 2:48 pm
Justin Gatlin swears he's not as bad as he's made out to be.
- Maria Sharapova on Russia's provisional Olympic team for Rio Updated: May-26-16 10:19 am
MOSCOW - Russia has included Maria Sharapova on its preliminary team for the Olympic tennis tournament in August despite her provisional suspension for failing a drug test.
- IOC expresses concern over investigation into Tokyo 2020 bid Updated: May-26-16 7:28 am
TOKYO - IOC vice president John Coates expressed concern Thursday over payments made to a Singapore firm which have entangled Tokyo's winning bid for the 2020 Olympics in a bribery investigation.
- UCI president expresses concern over Rio venue preparations Updated: May-25-16 6:30 pm
The president of cycling's world governing body remains "very, very concerned" that the velodrome under construction for the Rio Olympics will not be completed in time for a proper test event.
- Spanish hurdler tests positive in retest of 2008 samples Updated: May-25-16 3:12 pm
MADRID - Spanish hurdler Josephine Onyia is one of the athletes who tested positive in a reanalysis of doping samples from the 2008 Beijing Games, an official with knowledge of the case said Wednesday.
- No eight for Australia at Rio Olympics, 1st time in 68 years Updated: May-25-16 2:19 am
SYDNEY - Australia won't have a men's eight crew in Olympic rowing for the first time in 68 years after failing to qualify for Rio de Janeiro at the final regatta in Lucerne, Switzerland.
- Alexis Crimes earns rare 2nd chance with US volleyball team Updated: May-24-16 5:00 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Courtney Thompson hits the floor on a dive and hardly has time to reach for a towel to wipe up her sweat before teammate Alexis Crimes grabs it and handles the chore herself.
- Sailors' nightmare in Rio Olympics: plastic bags, trash Updated: May-24-16 4:17 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - If you're the head of world sailing, this is your worst Olympic nightmare.
- State TV says 14 Russians on list for 2008 Olympic doping Updated: May-24-16 3:16 pm
MOSCOW - Ten medalists from the 2008 Beijing Olympics, including 2012 high jump champion Anna Chicherova, were among 14 Russians that tested positive in the reanalysis of their doping samples, state television reported Tuesday.
- Djokovic would like to see rankings points awarded in Rio Updated: May-24-16 1:39 pm
PARIS - Novak Djokovic would like to see tennis players at the Rio de Janeiro Olympics get ranking points from the ATP and WTA tours, the way they have at past Summer Games.
- Olympic gold-medal sailor tells of gunpoint robbery in Rio Updated: May-23-16 6:23 pm
RIO DE JANEIRO - Spain's Olympic gold-medal winning sailor Fernando Echavarri said he was fortunate to have escaped with his life after being robbed at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro as he and two fellow Spaniards walked to breakfast.
- US water polo captain Azevedo preps for record 5th Olympics Updated: May-23-16 4:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Tony Azevedo is a speed boat in a pool full of aircraft carriers. And 16 years after he burst onto the international scene, he remains one of the world's most dangerous scorers.
- Isinbayeva vows lawsuit if Russia barred from Olympic track Updated: May-23-16 12:35 pm
MOSCOW - Two-time Olympic pole vault champion Yelena Isinbayeva plans to file suit if Russia's ban from global track and field competition remains in place and she is barred from competing at the games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Slovenian mountain biker Klemencic banned 2 years for doping Updated: May-23-16 12:01 pm
AIGLE, Switzerland - Slovenian mountain biker Blaza Klemencic has been banned for two years for doping and had her results from the 2012 London Olympics wiped out.
- Sandor Tarics, oldest former Olympic champion, dies at 102 Updated: May-23-16 9:47 am
BUDAPEST, Hungary - Sandor Tarics, a water polo gold medalist for Hungary at the 1936 Berlin Games and the oldest living Olympic champion, has died. He was 102.
- Aussie triathletes Densham, Moffatt picked for 3rd Olympics Updated: May-23-16 3:56 am
SYDNEY - Bronze medalists Erin Densham and Emma Moffatt are preparing for their third Olympic Games after being selected Monday in Australia's six-member triathlon team to compete at Rio de Janeiro in August.
- Syria's Allejji receives Olympic table tennis spot for Rio Updated: May-23-16 3:43 am
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - Heba Allejji will represent Syria at the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro after being awarded a special place in the table tennis competition.