- Lewes recognized for its important role in space research Updated: Nov-23-15 10:37 am
LEWES, Delaware - The town of Lewes has been recognized for the important role it played in helping scientists determine the size of the solar system.
- NASA, UW team up to track rain, snow in soggy Washington Updated: Nov-10-15 2:05 am
SEATTLE - Using everything from a customized DC-8 jetliner to ground radars to four-inch rain gauges, scientists are fanning out across one of the soggiest places in the United States this month to measure raindrops and snowflakes like never before.
- NASA: Sun stripping away Martian atmosphere, left dry planet Updated: Nov-05-15 9:30 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA's Mars-orbiting Maven spacecraft has discovered that the sun likely robbed the red planet of its once-thick atmosphere and water.
- NASA research center plans 75th anniversary Ohio open houses Updated: Nov-02-15 3:01 am
CLEVELAND - NASA's Glenn Research Center in Cleveland says its facilities will have open houses next year to mark its 75th anniversary.
- Fire in engine doomed Orbital rocket on space station flight Updated: Oct-30-15 1:26 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - A fire and explosion in a rocket engine are being blamed for a botched commercial space station shipment last October.
- Report: NASA needs better handle on health hazards for Mars Updated: Oct-29-15 3:34 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - NASA needs to get cracking if it wants to keep its astronauts alive and well on missions to Mars, according to an in-house report issued Thursday.
- Oxygen found in comet challenges solar-system theories Updated: Oct-28-15 2:18 pm
BERLIN - Scientists say they have detected significant amounts of molecular oxygen coming out of a comet, an unexpected find that may have implications for the search for alien life and understanding how the solar system formed.