- California Assembly OKs banning concealed weapons at schools Updated: Sep-01-15 3:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - The California Assembly has approved a bill that would ban concealed weapons from schools and universities throughout the state.
- Dems introduce bill to allow gun ban at sports, music venues Updated: Sep-01-15 4:05 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Two Democrats are introducing legislation to allow all firearms to be banned at major sports and music venues.
- Doctors ask full appeals court to reconsider gun speech law Updated: Aug-30-15 4:32 am
MIAMI - Physician groups are asking a federal appeals court to reconsider a ruling upholding a Florida law restricting what doctors can ask patients about guns.
- Arkansas attorney general: Law allows 'open carry' of guns Updated: Aug-28-15 6:29 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - A 2013 Arkansas law allows people to openly carry handguns if they don't plan on using them illegally against someone, Attorney General Leslie Rutledge said Friday, contrasting with her Democratic predecessor's stance.
- Another law enforcement officer gun stolen in the Bay Area Updated: Aug-26-15 11:04 pm
HAYWAYRD, California - Authorities say a Hayward police officer's gun was stolen during a car burglary in Oakland, marking at least the third such theft in the Bay Area in recent months.
- NRA sues over Seattle's adoption of 'gun violence tax' Updated: Aug-24-15 5:46 pm
SEATTLE - Three gun rights groups, including the National Rifle Association, sued the city of Seattle on Monday over its adoption of a so-called "gun violence tax," a tax on firearms and ammunition designed to help offset the financial toll of gun violence.
- Utah revoking concealed gun permits due to fingerprint issue Updated: Aug-18-15 5:16 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah state officials are revoking concealed weapons permits this year at almost record rates because of unreadable fingerprints.
- Judge denies permanent order prohibiting no-guns policy Updated: Aug-12-15 2:58 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - An Oklahoma judge said he won't make permanent his temporary order that barred organizers of a music festival from enforcing a weapons ban.
- Sheriffs speak out against proposed change to gun laws Updated: Aug-11-15 6:22 pm
PHENIX CITY, Alabama - A group of Alabama sheriffs said Tuesday that current state gun laws limit their discretion in granting concealed carry permits and proposed legislation could further complicate their ability to confiscate weapons from potentially dangerous people.
- Seattle City Council votes to adopt 'gun violence tax' Updated: Aug-10-15 8:56 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle's City Council unanimously approved a new tax on the sale of firearms and ammunition Monday - a measure designed to help offset the financial toll of gun violence. But opponents quickly promised a legal challenge.
- Los Angeles outlaws large-capacity gun magazines Updated: Aug-07-15 6:01 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles has banned possession of gun magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, closing a loophole in state law.
- Williamson County attorney says guns can be banned from fair Updated: Aug-07-15 1:07 pm
FRANKLIN, Tennessee - The Williamson County attorney says that the fair kicking off Friday can still ban guns despite a recent state attorney general's opinion suggesting otherwise.
- Audit reveals flaws in how courts handle mental health, guns Updated: Aug-06-15 3:56 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A performance audit has found that the Tennessee court system didn't fully comply with a 2013 state law designed to keep firearms out of the hands of individuals with mental health issues.
- Father of ex-owner of Hobbs gun shop is sentenced to prison Updated: Aug-05-15 8:19 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The father of the former owner of a Hobbs gun shop has been sentenced to 18 months in prison for violating federal firearm laws.
- Leading GOP senator offers bill on guns, mental health Updated: Aug-05-15 6:53 pm
WASHINGTON - A leading Republican senator proposed a National Rifle Association-backed bill Wednesday that he said would make the federal background check system for gun buyers more effective and bolster programs for treating people with mental illness.
- Openly carried weapons banned from Cumberland County land Updated: Aug-04-15 4:31 am
FAYETTEVILLE, North Carolina - Cumberland County officials have voted to prohibit people from openly carrying weapons on county property.
- Haslam says guns-in-parks bill worth reviewing for clarity Updated: Aug-03-15 3:28 pm
MT. JULIET, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers should consider reviewing a new law that allows handgun carry permit holders to bring firearms to parks, playgrounds and sports fields following a key opinion from the state's attorney general, Gov. Bill Haslam said Monday,
- Retailers to pay New York $300,000 in toy gun settlement Updated: Aug-03-15 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - Retailers including Wal-Mart, Sears and Amazon have agreed to halt the sales of realistic-looking toy guns in New York and pay over $300,000 in penalties, state Attorney General Eric Schneiderman announced Monday.