- Nuclear-free aspirations of Obama, Abe conflict with reality Updated: May-26-16 6:52 am
TOBA, Japan - There is the soaring rhetoric. And then there's the messy reality.
- Feds spend billions to run museum-ready computer systems Updated: May-25-16 3:11 pm
WASHINGTON - The government is squandering its technology budget maintaining museum-ready computer systems in critical areas from nuclear weapons to Social Security. They're still using floppy disks at the Pentagon.
- Navy assumes ownership of stealthy destroyer Updated: May-20-16 5:29 pm
BATH, Maine - The stealthy Zumwalt destroyer is now property of the U.S. Navy.
- Ex-missile site now part of wildlife refuge opens to public Updated: May-20-16 9:00 am
GROSSE ILE TOWNSHIP, Michigan - A portion of the Detroit River International Wildlife Refuge that once was home to anti-aircraft missiles is now open for visitors.
- Correction: Stealth Destroyer story Updated: May-16-16 9:17 am
BATH, Maine - In a headline on a story May 15 about the Navy being preparing to take delivery of Zumwalt, The Associated Press erroneously characterized the ship. It's the Navy's largest destroyer, not its largest warship.
- Seeking a high-tech solution to make firearms safer Updated: May-02-16 3:36 am
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Jonathan Mossberg is among a small number of pioneers looking to build a safer gun. But unlike many others, he was in the gun business when he started down that path.
- Obama announces new steps to curb gun violence Updated: Apr-29-16 6:03 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama announced new steps Friday to help curb gun violence, including by identifying the requirements that "smart guns" would have to meet for law enforcement agencies to buy and use them as well as sharing mental health records with the federal background check system.