- Tesla Motors co-founder wants to electrify commercial trucks Updated: Jun-02-15 5:13 am
SAN JOSE, California - Twelve years ago, Ian Wright and some fellow engineers launched Tesla Motors, a Silicon Valley company that has helped jumpstart the market for electric cars.
- 2 electric car charging stations up in Bennington Updated: Jun-01-15 9:01 am
BENNINGTON, Vermont - Two electric car charging stations are up and running in Bennington, Vermont.
- Oregon State pulls sponsorship of solar vehicle project Updated: May-26-15 3:05 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State University is pulling its institutional support for an on-board solar panel vehicle program that they say is losing industry interest.
- Tennessee restarting rebates for electric vehicles Updated: May-22-15 12:16 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation is restarting a rebate program for electric car buyers.
- Bill allowing 3 Tesla car stores clears Connecticut House Updated: May-21-15 8:52 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that would allow car-maker Tesla Motors to sell its electric vehicles directly to Connecticut consumers, but in a limited fashion, passed the state House of Representatives on Thursday.
- Lawmakers hoping for deal this year to allow Tesla in Utah Updated: May-20-15 5:09 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - State lawmakers said Wednesday they hope to work out a compromise law this year that would allow Tesla Motors to start selling its electric cars at its $3 million showroom in Salt Lake City.
- Spark electric car's price sparks a sales run Updated: May-20-15 12:07 pm
It took a price cut to generate a run on Chevrolet's 2015 Spark EV, with savvy car buyers realizing the lower price and federal electric vehicle tax credit can make for a super deal.
- Oregon to test pay-per-mile idea as replacement for gas tax Updated: May-20-15 2:19 am
PORTLAND, Oregon - Oregon is about to embark on a first-in-the-nation program that aims to charge car owners not for the fuel they use, but for the miles they drive.
- CEO: Nissan will be ready with autonomous driving by 2020 Updated: May-18-15 2:47 am
YOKOHAMA, Japan - Nissan Motor Co. will have vehicles packed with autonomous driving technology by 2020 but whether people will be able to drive them on roads is up to government regulators, Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn said Monday.
- Tesla to build its first supercharging station in Norfolk Updated: May-11-15 10:26 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Tesla Motors has plans to build its first supercharging station in southeastern Virginia.
- GM cuts 2016 Volt plug-in hybrid car price by almost $1,200 Updated: May-03-15 12:58 pm
DETROIT - General Motors is knocking nearly $1,200 off the price of the 2016 Chevrolet Volt plug-in hybrid car.