- Home Depot asks judge to dismiss consumers' data breach suit Updated: Jun-02-15 3:20 pm
ATLANTA - Home Depot is asking a judge to dismiss a federal lawsuit filed by consumers after a massive data breach last year.
- 2 June business sessions to focus on online security Updated: May-24-15 11:38 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Vermont businesses looking to boost their online security will have two chances to attend conferences on the topic in June.
- Target settlement with MasterCard fails to get bank support Updated: May-22-15 5:43 pm
NEW YORK - A $19 million deal between Target and MasterCard to settle lawsuits stemming from the retailer's massive pre-Christmas 2013 data breach has been scrapped, because it failed to get enough support from the affected banks and credit unions.
- Adult dating site investigating breach of user data Updated: May-22-15 5:35 pm
PALO ALTO, California - The operator of a popular adult dating website said Friday it's investigating a data security breach following reports that hackers stole names, email addresses and information about the sexual orientation or habits of up to 4 million members.
- Data on thousands of patients stolen at New Jersey hospitals Updated: May-22-15 12:32 pm
HACKENSACK, New Jersey - Thousands of patients at three northern New Jersey hospitals have been alerted that their personal information was stolen in a data breach.
- Ohio school district: Student info at risk after data breach Updated: May-21-15 7:29 am
PATASKALA, Ohio - Officials with a central Ohio school district are alerting parents that student information may have been compromised in a recent data breach caused by a high school student.
- CareFirst says data breach affects about 1.1M people Updated: May-20-15 7:14 pm
NEW YORK - In the latest disclosure of a cyberattack against a health insurer, CareFirst BlueCross BlueShield says that attackers gained access to a database that included the names of 1.1 million people.
- Kerry slams North Korea, vows security for South Updated: May-18-15 2:43 am
SEOUL, South Korea - U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry on Monday accused North Korea of a litany of crimes and atrocities while reassuring South Korea of America's "ironclad" security commitments.
- Kerry off to China, SKorea with security, trade agenda Updated: May-14-15 5:28 pm
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry is heading to China and South Korea for a weekend of meetings that will focus on security concerns and trade.
- Owner of controversial hacker-for-hire website steps forward Updated: May-14-15 9:55 am
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colorado - A Colorado Springs cyber security expert is connecting hackers with paying jobs through his website, HackersList.com.
- Sally Beauty confirms second data breach Updated: May-14-15 8:13 am
DENTON, Texas - The Sally Beauty chain confirmed Thursday that it has suffered its second data breach in just over two years.
- Romania turns hacking crisis into advantage, helping Ukraine Updated: May-13-15 3:34 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Ukraine is turning to an unlikely partner in its struggle to defend itself against Russian cyber warfare: Romania.
- Connecticut based company says 'smart homes' on the rise Updated: May-09-15 3:06 am
STAMFORD, Connecticut - Phil de Terlizzi likens today's rapid proliferation of smartphone apps to the widespread use of remote controls for TVs and cable boxes that still clutter many coffee tables more than 65 years after the first ones hit the market.
- Ala. police dispatcher accused of illegally accessing data Updated: May-08-15 7:33 pm
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - Federal prosecutors say a former Gardendale police dispatcher is accused of illegally accessing data being stored in state and national crime databases.