- Records: NSA paid Utah over $1M to police data center roads Updated: Aug-01-15 11:02 am
BLUFFDALE, Utah - The National Security Agency has paid Utah more than $1 million over the past year and a half for state troopers to guard the entrance to the spy agency's massive data center south of Salt Lake City, according to Utah Highway Patrol records.
- UConn: Engineering School computer breach was 'criminal' Updated: Jul-31-15 4:31 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - University of Connecticut officials say a data breach discovered in March at the School of Engineering was criminal in nature.
- Dems, GOP senators push cyber bill for Homeland after breach Updated: Jul-22-15 1:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A bipartisan group of senators is pushing to strengthen the authority of the Homeland Security Department to thwart cyberattacks on government networks and websites after a massive government data breach.
- Feds say ID protector LifeLock violated $12M settlement Updated: Jul-21-15 5:29 pm
NEW YORK - The U.S. government says identity theft protection company LifeLock spent years violating a $12 million settlement for misrepresenting the protection it provides for customers.
- Photo sites remain offline in wake of possible hack Updated: Jul-20-15 1:43 pm
NEW YORK - The online photo websites of Rite Aid, CVS, Costco and Wal-Mart Canada remain offline in the wake of a possible data breach at the company that hosts all four sites.
- CVS Photo website credit card info possibly stolen in breach Updated: Jul-17-15 2:35 pm
NEW YORK - CVS' online photo service remained shut down Friday, a day after the company acknowledged that it may have been hacked and that credit card information may have been stolen from it.
- Under fire for data breach, Obama personnel chief steps down Updated: Jul-10-15 6:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The embattled head of the government's personnel office abruptly stepped down Friday, bowing to mounting pressure following the unprecedented breach of private information her agency was entrusted to protect.
- Security council realigns Wisconsin threat priorities Updated: Jul-10-15 3:38 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - The state's Homeland Security Council has released a new report realigning threat priorities and strategies.
- With data breaches, bad news can show up well down the road Updated: Jul-10-15 3:37 pm
NEW YORK - The revelation that the data breach at the U.S. government's personnel office was actually much worse than the government originally thought is following a familiar script.
- Survey: Many consumers worry about safety of financial info Updated: Jul-09-15 6:16 am
NEW YORK - While the safety of their private financial information is a big deal for a lot of people, when it comes to protecting it, many are actually pretty lax, a new survey says.
- FBI, Justice Dept. take encryption concerns to Congress Updated: Jul-08-15 10:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal law enforcement officials warned Wednesday that data encryption is making it harder to hunt for pedophiles and terror suspects, telling senators that consumers' right to privacy is not absolute and must be weighed against public-safety interests.
- Detroit Zoo reports investigation into data security breach Updated: Jul-08-15 2:32 pm
ROYAL OAK, Michigan - The Detroit Zoo says a data security breach involving a company that operates concessions and retail services for it and several other U.S. zoos is being investigated.
- China mulls privacy protection, further curbs on Internet Updated: Jul-08-15 7:31 am
BEIJING - Chinese authorities have proposed a sweeping but vaguely worded Internet security law that would strengthen protection of private information, ban hacking activities and also allow authorities to restrict Internet access to maintain public order.
- Arkansas attorney general urges data breach law enforcement Updated: Jul-08-15 3:13 am
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Attorney General Leslie Rutledge has added her name to a letter signed by 47 state attorneys general urging Congress to ensure that any future federal data breach notification or data security law provides consumers with the best protection.