- IBM denies fault in voter guide delay for special election Updated: May-24-16 5:31 pm
PHOENIX - A tech company that provided software services for Arizona's voter registration system says the state's top elections official is wrong to blame it for delays in sending publicity pamphlets to hundreds of thousands of voters before the special election last week.
- Romania: health chiefs, Hewlett Packard probed Updated: May-23-16 3:36 pm
BUCHAREST, Romania - Romanian prosecutors say nine health chiefs and tech giant Hewlett Packard are being probed on suspicion of wrongdoing in a health services contract that cost the state 16.8 million euros ($18.8 million).
- Software provider Blackbaud adding 300 jobs in Charleston Updated: May-19-16 7:31 am
CHARLESTON, South Carolina - A company that provides computer software and other services for nonprofits and charities is expanding its headquarters in Charleston and plans to add 300 jobs during the next five years.
- Google echoes Amazon's Echo, opens new virtual-reality door Updated: May-18-16 8:02 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California - Google wants to play an even bigger role in managing people's daily lives, while also nudging them into an alternate reality, as the Internet company responds to competitive threats posed by Facebook, Amazon and Apple.
- The Latest: Google seen ahead in some areas, no so in others Updated: May-18-16 4:58 pm
MOUNTAIN VIEW, California -
- YouTube tests messaging feature to keep people in its app Updated: May-13-16 4:31 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - YouTube is testing a messaging feature in its smartphone app so people can share and discuss videos without resorting to other ways to connect with their friends and family.
- New cyberattack made on bank, financial supervisor warns Updated: May-13-16 6:20 am
BRUSSELS - A new cyberattack has been made against an unnamed bank, part of a coordinated campaign that follows February's theft of $101 million from the Bangladesh central bank, the international money transfer supervisor Swift said Friday.
- Grand Forks County launches app to report tips, view alerts Updated: May-09-16 5:32 pm
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - Want to give an anonymous tip to the Grand Forks County sheriff? Now, there's an app for that.
- US attorney: 2 Belarusians took in $1.35M from phishing scam Updated: May-06-16 12:48 pm
PITTSBURGH - Two men from the Eastern European country of Belarus have been charged with receiving $1.35 million stolen in an international phishing scheme from the bank account of a Pennsylvania oil and gas drilling company, federal authorities in Pittsburgh said Friday.
- Apple partners with commercial software giant SAP Updated: May-05-16 3:25 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has announced a new partnership with German software giant SAP to develop mobile apps that business customers can use on iPhones and iPad tablets.
- Ford to invest $182M in software development company Updated: May-05-16 12:42 pm
DEARBORN, Michigan - Ford says it is investing $182 million in a San Francisco software development company called Pivotal.
- Boeing Co. drone unit to open office at Mississippi State Updated: May-05-16 4:18 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - A unit of Chicago-based Boeing Co. is opening an office in Starkville to work with Mississippi State University's unmanned aircraft center.
- Digital spring cleaning: 4 'cyber hygiene' tips to stay safe Updated: May-04-16 11:06 am
NEW YORK - Spring cleaning isn't just about tossing old furniture and torn clothing: It's a great time to clear out your digital clutter and make sure you're protected against hackers.
- Mobile app helps Woodburn police catch wanted suspect Updated: May-03-16 11:56 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Police in Woodburn say they have caught one of their most wanted suspects after a resident identified the man on the police department's new mobile app.
- Youngsville police reach residents with phone app, website Updated: May-03-16 8:18 am
YOUNGSVILLE, Louisiana - The Youngsville Police Department is looking to increase transparency and communication between it and the community with a smartphone application and a newly designed website.
- Washoe County sheriff's app takes illegal dumping reports Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
RENO, Nevada - A Washoe County Sheriff's Office cellphone app now allows citizens to report illegal dumping.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway releases new free mobile app Updated: Apr-27-16 6:31 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has released a new and improved free mobile app ahead of next month's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016:
- Lansing utility's computer network affected by cyberattack Updated: Apr-26-16 5:41 am
LANSING, Michigan - Officials say the Lansing Board of Water and Light's computer network was the subject of a cyberattack that disrupted administrative operations.