- GLAAD responds to #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Updated: May-25-16 12:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Captain America snags a kiss from Sharon Carter in the latest Marvel pic, "Captain America: Civil War," but many fans are wishing it was from someone else - specifically, a man.
- New Captain America book suggests he's a member of Hydra Updated: May-25-16 9:36 am
WASHINGTON - Two words no one ever expected Captain America to say? "Hail Hydra."
- Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist Adolf Born dies at 85 Updated: May-22-16 12:47 pm
PRAGUE - Adolf Born, a Czech painter, illustrator, cartoonist, caricaturist and author of animated movies for children, has died.
- 15-year-old excels at Pokemon trading card game Updated: May-22-16 3:01 am
NORTH PORT, Florida - Justin Kulas is homeschooled but he's taking recess across the United States thanks to his prowess at battling Pokemon.
- NASCAR champion Johnson gets animated for Nickelodeon Updated: May-18-16 3:35 pm
From cars to cartoons, Jimmie Johnson's next dash at the track comes in animated form.
- Review: An app comes to life in "The Angry Birds Movie" Updated: May-16-16 8:11 pm
It's hard not to have a few biases going into "The Angry Birds Movie ." In the most cynical view of what gets made in Hollywood, an addictive app might just be at the bottom of the pile, languishing there in suspicious squalor with movies adapted from board games and amusement park rides.
- Comic book artist Darwyn Cooke dies at 53 Updated: May-14-16 8:18 pm
LOS ANGELES - Darwyn Cooke, the comic book artist best known for his vibrantly imaginative work on DC superheroes and noir crime stories, has died. He was 53.
- Stolen van painted in "Scooby-Doo" theme crashes into house Updated: May-14-16 12:20 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - St. Paul police had a mystery on their hands when a van painted as "The Mystery Machine" from the animated TV series "Scooby-Doo" crashed into a home.
- 'Sharknado' meets 'Walking Dead' at Motor City Comic Con Updated: May-13-16 5:23 pm
NOVI, Michigan - The stars of "The Walking Dead" and "Sharknado" have done battle with zombies and, well, sharks. They're facing a different kind of horde this weekend.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates nixes NY brownstone over media attention Updated: May-11-16 11:44 pm
NEW YORK - Prize-winning nonfiction author, journalist and comic book writer Ta-Nehisi Coates says he and his family won't be moving into a recently purchased New York City brownstone because of media attention.
- Disney's 'Beauty and the Beast' celebrating 25th anniversary Updated: May-08-16 11:54 am
LOS ANGELES - The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science is commemorating the 25th anniversary of Disney's animated classic "Beauty and the Beast" with a cast-and-crew reunion at its Beverly Hills headquarters that will include lead voice actors Paige O'Hara, Robby Benson and Angela Lansbury.
- Terron Beckham, cousin of Odell, chasing NFL dream with Jets Updated: May-07-16 2:21 am
FLORHAM PARK, New Jersey - Terron Beckham has bright blue hair, huge muscles and an even bigger NFL dream.
- Egypt official blames 'Tom and Jerry' for spreading violence Updated: May-06-16 8:47 am
CAIRO - An Egyptian government official has blamed the animated "Tom and Jerry" series for allegedly spreading a culture of violence.
- Ta-Nehisi Coates has 2-book deal, 1 for work of fiction Updated: May-05-16 1:52 pm
NEW YORK - Ta-Nehisi Coates is a prize-winning nonfiction author, journalist and comic book writer. Now he's is taking on fiction.
- Kobe Bryant's animated short gets assist from John Williams Updated: May-05-16 1:21 pm
LOS ANGELES - Kobe Bryant's farewell poem to basketball is getting the short film treatment with some high profile talent behind it.
- Seth MacFarlane to produce, star in Fox TV sci-fi series Updated: May-04-16 7:19 pm
LOS ANGELES - Seth MacFarlane is going to star in and produce a sci-fi TV series set 300 years in the future.
- 'Blues Brothers' cartoon show tuning up for a television gig Updated: May-03-16 3:08 pm
NEW YORK - "The Blues Brothers" could be coming to TV as a prime-time animated comedy series.