- Inmate kicks out police window, jumps onto Arizona freeway Updated: Nov-25-15 5:06 pm
TEMPE, Arizona - Authorities in suburban Phoenix say a handcuffed and shackled inmate was seriously injured after he kicked out a window in a police transport van on a freeway and jumped out of the moving vehicle.
- Man heading to prison in killing outside Pittsburgh bar Updated: Nov-25-15 4:28 am
PITTSBURGH - A man convicted in a stabbing death outside a Pittsburgh bar last year after he escaped from a halfway house is heading to prison.
- Convict on the run since 2009 is extradited to Arizona Updated: Nov-24-15 8:15 pm
PHOENIX - A convict who escaped from a Maricopa County courthouse during his 2009 trial on sexual assault charges has been extradited to Arizona.
- Police search for 2 inmates who escaped from Vinita prison Updated: Nov-24-15 7:59 am
VINITA, Oklahoma - Police are searching for two convicts who escaped from a prison in Vinita.
- Inmate escapes custody in Meridian Updated: Nov-23-15 5:32 pm
MERIDIAN, Mississippi - Authorities are continuing a search for a Mississippi Department of Corrections inmate, who escaped custody in Meridian last week.
- Authorities searching for escaped Florence County inmate Updated: Nov-23-15 5:42 am
FLORENCE, South Carolina - State authorities are looking for an inmate who escaped from the Palmer Pre-Release Center in Florence County.
- Lafourche sheriff: 2 inmates were planning jail escape Updated: Nov-21-15 5:06 am
THIBODAUX, Louisiana - Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre says two inmates face new charges after investigators blocked a jail escape plan that included a fake handgun made of soap and toilet paper.
- Mason City man pleads guilty to escape, assault charges Updated: Nov-20-15 7:11 am
MASON CITY, Iowa - A Mason City man whose guilty plea was thrown out last month on charges of assault and escape from custody has filed a written guilty plea to the same charges.
- NY trooper who caught escaped inmate in June is honored Updated: Nov-20-15 3:02 am
WASHINGTON - The New York state police sergeant who shot and captured an escaped murderer on the lam for three weeks this summer is being honored by a national organization.
- Escape attempt at Idaho jail foiled by razor wire Updated: Nov-18-15 12:28 pm
POCATELLO, Idaho - Authorities say a man tried to escape an Idaho jail but was stopped by razor wire and a corrections officer.
- Escaped Lincoln County inmate arrested Updated: Nov-10-15 5:02 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Authorities say an inmate who escaped from the Lincoln County Jail has been arrested and taken into custody.
- Jail inmate accused of trying to steal cellmate's identity Updated: Nov-09-15 4:19 pm
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - Authorities in Wilmington say a man in custody on drug charges is in more trouble after police say he tried to impersonate his cellmate and get out of jail.
- Authorities: Worn lock allowed 2 inmates to escape from van Updated: Nov-09-15 4:51 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Lincoln County Sheriff's Office says a worn lock is what allowed two inmates to escape from a transport van in Raleigh.
- Southwest Idaho fugitive arrested in Mexico Updated: Nov-07-15 4:46 pm
PAYETTE, Idaho - A southwestern Idaho man authorities say escaped the Payette County jail by scaling a razor-wire fence and then taunted authorities on social media has been arrested in Mexico.
- Feds: Man who escaped Ohio prison in '78 caught in Minnesota Updated: Nov-06-15 7:22 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A convicted murderer who escaped from an Ohio prison in 1978 by cutting through cell bars and a fence was captured in Minnesota's capital, where he had a job delivering newspapers, the U.S. Marshals Service said Friday.
- Ex-NY prison worker to pay nearly $80K for 2 inmates' escape Updated: Nov-06-15 4:08 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - The former prison employee who provided the tools that two murderers used to cut their way out of a maximum-security facility in northern New York will pay the state nearly $80,000 to cover the costs of repairing the damage caused during the daring breakout.
- Work-release inmate walks away from job Updated: Nov-06-15 7:01 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - East Baton Rouge Parish sheriff's deputies are looking for a work-release inmate, serving time for a Livingston Parish drug charge, that left his job post and did not return.
- Attorney: Inmate escape, woman's slaying 'preventable' Updated: Nov-05-15 3:31 pm
PITTSBURGH - The son and daughter of a Pennsylvania woman allegedly killed by a runaway inmate filed a wrongful death lawsuit against the county jail and its warden, alleging the escape and slaying were preventable if not for shoddy jail policies.
- State inmate escapes from fire crew in San Bernardino County Updated: Nov-05-15 9:12 am
HIGHLAND, California - Authorities are searching for a state prisoner who walked away while assigned to a fire crew in San Bernardino County.
- Woman charged with helping Bozeman inmate gets probation Updated: Nov-05-15 4:11 am
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Bozeman woman found guilty of helping an attempted rape suspect who escaped custody has been given a deferred sentence with three years of probation.
- Guard pleads not guilty to counts related to NY prison break Updated: Nov-04-15 5:27 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - An upstate prison guard accused of inadvertently helping two killers escape by providing them with hacksaw blades hidden in hamburger meat pleaded not guilty to felony charges on Wednesday.
- Escaped suspect in sheriff's death captured hiding in woods Updated: Nov-04-15 11:09 am
SAVANNAH, Georgia - Charged with murder in the car-chase death of a Georgia sheriff, Jim Edward Lowery used a jail transfer to stage a dramatic escape as he slipped free of his leg shackles, smashed a patrol car window and fled. When deputies recaptured him hours later in nearby woods, the fugitive prisoner tried to hide rather than put up a fight.
- The Latest: Suspect in Georgia sheriff's death recaptured Updated: Nov-03-15 10:59 pm
DUBLIN, Georgia - The latest on the escape of a Georgia prisoner charged in the death of a rural sheriff (all times local):
- Police capture 2 escaped inmates in western Kentucky Updated: Nov-03-15 6:43 pm
DIXON, Kentucky - Kentucky State Police say police have captured two inmates who escaped from a western Kentucky detention center.
- Officials investigate after escaped inmate recaptured Updated: Nov-03-15 1:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico corrections officials are investigating how an inmate who escaped and was recaptured ended up at a minimum-security facility in the first place.