- Cousin of drug kingpin sentenced to 16 years in prison Updated: Aug-28-15 1:22 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - A cousin of one of the world's most notorious drug lords who prosecutors say was working to distribute cocaine in the United States has been sentenced in a New Hampshire court to 16 years in federal prison.
- Agent says he had 'no other option' but to kill NY escapee Updated: Aug-27-15 9:59 pm
NEW YORK - A border patrol agent who shot an escaped inmate who led authorities on a weekslong manhunt in upstate New York says he had "no other option" but to kill him.
- Officials: Man who escaped custody recaptured in Newark Updated: Aug-27-15 3:47 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Authorities say a man who escaped police custody has been captured by Newark police.
- Lexington residents call for changes after prison escapes Updated: Aug-27-15 1:06 pm
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - With a six-foot wooden fence being all that is separating prison inmates from freedom, Lexington residents are on edge after a second inmate has escaped from a local minimum-security prison in a nine-day span.
- Escaped Florida inmate captured in New York City store Updated: Aug-27-15 10:11 am
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - The Florida Department of Law Enforcement says an inmate who escaped from a West Palm Beach area prison has been captured in New York City.
- Inmate pleads guilty to escaping from Salem facility Updated: Aug-27-15 10:01 am
CLARKSBURG, West Virginia - An inmate will spend an additional two years in prison after pleading guilty to an escape charge.
- Police looking for man who escaped from Cleveland workhouse Updated: Aug-26-15 2:43 pm
CLEVELAND - Authorities are asking for help locating a man who escaped from the Cleveland House of Corrections.
- Inmate who fled Kentucky prison in April caught in Texas Updated: Aug-26-15 9:10 am
GALVESTON, Texas - An inmate who escaped from a minimum-security prison in Kentucky has been caught in Texas after nearly five months on the run.
- Yakima jail inmate escapes from custody on Tuesday Updated: Aug-25-15 8:11 pm
YAKIMA, Washington - A man escaped from custody in Yakima County on Tuesday morning.
- Inmate fails to return to Ames work release facility Updated: Aug-25-15 6:23 am
AMES, Iowa - Iowa authorities say a 40-year-old inmate has failed to return to a work release facility in Ames after an authorized five-hour furlough.
- Attempted murder, rape warrants issued for man after arrest Updated: Aug-24-15 7:16 pm
CINCINNATI - A man arrested in Ohio on suspicion of stabbing his brother and raping a woman is wanted in Massachusetts on charges including attempted murder, rape, assault, and kidnapping, authorities said Monday.
- Man who escaped from prison caught at Wake Forest Updated: Aug-24-15 7:55 am
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - A man who escaped from a prison in Winston-Salem has been captured by police at Wake Forest University.
- Official: Teen inmate fighting fires escapes, shoots self Updated: Aug-23-15 4:23 pm
SEATTLE - A teen inmate who was helping fight fires near Chelan is recovering in a Seattle hospital after escaping from a fire camp and then shooting himself.
- Prisoner surrenders failing to return from work release Updated: Aug-23-15 1:37 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - Rhode Island state police say a 53-year-old prison inmate has surrendered to authorities after he failed to return from his work release assignment on Saturday night.
- Jail spots sheets hanging from cell, foiling escape attempt Updated: Aug-21-15 5:27 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Staffers at a jail in eastern Washington state foiled an escape attempt by spotting a long trail of knotted bed sheets hanging from the window of a cell housing a suspect in a murder-for-hire plot.
- Inmate escapes from work center in Montgomery County Updated: Aug-21-15 5:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Authorities are searching for an inmate who escaped from the Red Eagle Work Center.
- Escaped inmate sentenced in Kansas to 4 more years Updated: Aug-20-15 6:40 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A man who was arrested in Kansas after escaping from an Oklahoma prison has been sentenced to more than four years in prison.
- Escaped inmate recaptured in Gulf Shores Updated: Aug-20-15 5:13 pm
GULF SHORES, Alabama - Police say a man serving a life sentence who escaped a work release center has been recaptured in coastal Alabama.
- NY prison escapee arraigned on charges in daring breakout Updated: Aug-20-15 3:43 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - A convicted killer serving life behind bars when he staged a daring escape from a maximum-security prison was arraigned Thursday on new criminal charges in his first court appearance since his capture after more than three weeks on the run.
- Sentence upheld for man in 2009 Mississippi prisoner escape Updated: Aug-19-15 4:58 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - An appeals court has upheld the seven life sentences for a man convicted of helping his inmate cousin escape from armed guards on a 2009 trip outside a Mississippi prison to an eye clinic. The two men drove to Tennessee, where the fleeing inmate shot a Nashville police officer.
- Prisoner recaptured after escape from constable's van Updated: Aug-18-15 4:23 pm
SINKING SPRINGS, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a prisoner who escaped from a constable's van after an eastern Pennsylvania court hearing was recaptured less than an hour later.
- Inmate walks away from Blackburn prison Updated: Aug-18-15 9:59 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - The Kentucky Department of Corrections says an inmate has walked away from a minimum-security facility in Lexington.
- Inmate who escaped Portland prison is back in custody Updated: Aug-14-15 9:32 pm
PORTLAND, Oregon - The Oregon Department of Corrections says an inmate who escaped from a Portland prison nearly two weeks ago is back in custody.
- Cost of hunt for escaped NY killers topped $1 million a day Updated: Aug-14-15 3:10 pm
ALBANY, New York - Payroll records suggest the hunt for two escaped killers in northern New York cost more than $1 million a day, with overtime alone for state troopers and corrections officers $22 million higher than last year.
- Schools closed in NY inmate hunt to get state aid Updated: Aug-14-15 12:58 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York is granting full state aid to the school district in northern New York that closed for two days in June while authorities searched for two killers who escaped from the nearby maximum-security prison.