- Man killed by reservation officer was halfway house escapee Updated: Feb-09-16 8:27 am
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A man who was shot and killed during a struggle with a tribal police officer on the Rosebud Indian Reservation was a federal robbery convict who escaped from a Rapid City halfway house in December.
- Escaped inmate arrested in Forest Updated: Feb-09-16 6:31 am
JACKSON, Mississippi - Authorities say a Mississippi Department of Corrections parolee is back in custody.
- Woman arrested in inmate's Dallas County jail escape Updated: Feb-09-16 2:29 am
MONTICELLO, Arkansas - Dallas County sheriff's deputies have arrested a 32-year-old woman in connection to the escape of an inmate from the Dallas County jail.
- Escaped work-release inmate from Va. is captured in Fla. Updated: Feb-06-16 4:32 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Authorities say an escaped work-release inmate from Henrico County, Virginia, has been captured in Florida, three days after he removed his GPS monitoring device and fled the state.
- Inmate who escaped from Idaho jail is arrested in Oregon Updated: Feb-06-16 2:16 pm
CALDWELL, Idaho - An inmate who escaped from the Canyon County Jail in Idaho a week ago has been arrested in Ontario, Oregon.
- Sheriff launches internal probe of escape of 3 jail inmates Updated: Feb-05-16 12:23 am
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County's sheriff has formally announced an internal administrative investigation of how three violent inmates broke out of a Southern California jail.
- Ex-Indiana Gov. Whitcomb, POW in World War II, dies at 98 Updated: Feb-04-16 6:48 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Former Indiana Gov. Edgar Whitcomb, who escaped from a Japanese prisoner camp by swimming overnight during World War II and then made an around-the-world solo sailing trip while in his 70s, has died at age 98.
- NY man who killed wife sentenced for jail bribery attempt Updated: Feb-04-16 11:44 am
NORWICH, New York - A New York man serving a 25-year-to-life sentence in a state prison for killing his wife has been given additional time behind bars for trying to bribe his way out of an upstate jail.
- Police: Man who escaped twice recaptured Updated: Feb-04-16 6:56 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Baton Rouge police have booked a man who escaped from work release, was recaptured, then accidentally released from prison.
- The Latest: Cabbie says California jail fugitive saved him Updated: Feb-03-16 5:39 pm
WESTMINSTER, California - The Latest on three inmates who were recaptured after escaping from a California jail (all times local):
- NY inmate who sparked 3-week manhunt gets more prison time Updated: Feb-03-16 5:21 pm
PLATTSBURGH, New York - A convicted killer already serving life behind bars was ordered Wednesday to pay restitution and sentenced to additional prison time for his daring escape last year from a maximum-security prison in northern New York.
- Saline County jail inmate walks away from work detail Updated: Feb-03-16 2:44 pm
BENTON, Arkansas - The Saline County Sheriff's Office says a county jail inmate has escaped.
- 911 call reveals fugitive was scared, ready to surrender Updated: Feb-02-16 8:58 am
SANTA ANA, California - The first of three fugitives to be caught after a California jail escape said he was scared and ready to surrender, a 911 call released Monday revealed.
- 'Mastermind' of California jail escape has long past Updated: Jan-29-16 12:01 am
SANTA ANA, California - The alleged mastermind of a brazen California jail break was a small-town paint store manager fresh out of the Marines when his life changed with a car accident. That accident killed his friend and sent him into a spiral culminating with his arrest on charges he tortured and mutilated a man, then left him to die in the desert.
- A look at the escape of 3 inmates from a jail in California Updated: Jan-27-16 9:33 pm
SANTA ANA, California - A manhunt is continuing for three inmates who escaped from a jail in California last week by cutting through a grate, climbing through plumbing tunnels and rappelling to the ground from the roof.
- Sioux City work release inmate listed as escaped Updated: Jan-27-16 10:23 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - The Iowa Corrections Department says a 26-year-old inmate has been listed as escaped from the work release facility in Sioux City.
- Officers follow tracks in snow, catch fugitive Iowa inmate Updated: Jan-27-16 8:33 am
COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa - Authorities say officers have captured an inmate listed as escaped from the Council Bluffs Work Release Facility.
- Prosecutor chided for calling escapee 'Hannibal Lecter' Updated: Jan-26-16 8:52 pm
SANTA ANA, California - Orange County's district attorney on Tuesday rebuked one of the prosecutors in his office for referring to one of three escaped Southern California inmates as "Hannibal Lecter."
- Report: Orange County jail slow to add security cameras Updated: Jan-26-16 9:53 am
SANTA ANA, California - A newspaper report finds the Orange County Sheriff's Department has been slow to add more rooftop security cameras at its Central Jail - site of last week's brazen escape - despite recommendations by a grand jury for eight years straight.
- Inmate apprehended after escaping release center in Newton Updated: Jan-25-16 2:08 am
NEWTON, Iowa - An inmate who escaped a minimum security facility in Newton has been apprehended.
- Mexico president to accelerate extradition of drug lord Updated: Jan-22-16 1:46 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican President Enrique Pena Nieto said Friday he's ordering officials to accelerate the extradition of recaptured drug lord Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman to the United States.
- German prison guards face probe over beer hall blunder Updated: Jan-22-16 9:59 am
BERLIN - Two German prison guards face a criminal investigation after they allowed a convicted rapist to escape during a visit to a beer hall.
- Last defendant in barista sex case escapes jail time Updated: Jan-22-16 5:04 am
EVERETT, Washington - An espresso stand worker who pleaded guilty to helping her boss run a prostitution operation out of the Snohomish County business will not receive jail time.
- Sex offender found days after escaping Des Moines facility Updated: Jan-21-16 5:50 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - A sex offender who escaped from a Des Moines facility has been arrested.
- Mexican state lawmaker to be questioned about 'El Chapo' Updated: Jan-20-16 11:50 pm
MEXICO CITY - A state lawmaker from Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman's home of Sinaloa has been brought in to speak to investigators about her relationship with the recently recaptured drug lord, Mexico's attorney general's office said late Wednesday.