- Near-record UK immigration figures fuel raging EU debate Updated: May-26-16 5:11 am
LONDON - Official figures show Britain gained 333,000 people through immigration in 2015 - a near-historic high, though level from the year before.
- Thousands of underage migrants live in shadows across Europe Updated: May-18-16 3:06 am
Outside the train station in Rome, teen migrants sell drugs from school backpacks and trade sex for cash or clothes. In the capital of Sweden, they steal food from supermarkets and sleep on the streets. From makeshift camps along the northern French coast, they try to hop at night onto the backs of moving trucks headed to Britain.
- UN seeks to reframe refugee crisis Updated: May-09-16 2:19 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A new U.N. report aims to reframe the way many countries deal with refugees and migrants, creating a responsible and predictable international system to handle them at a time when their numbers are at the highest level since the world body began keeping track.
- How Alaska's population might change by 2045 Updated: May-07-16 8:30 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Alaska's population will continue to climb over the next 30 years, inching closer to the 1 million mark, a new report says.
- Fewer humpback whales migrated to Hawaii this year Updated: May-03-16 9:21 am
HONOLULU - The number of whales that made the annual migration to Hawaiian waters this past winter appears to be at its lowest level in five years, according to officials with the Hawaiian Island Humpback Whale National Marine Sanctuary.