- 2 charged in investigation of northern Idaho PAC Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
BOISE, Idaho - The Idaho attorney general has charged a state House candidate and another Republican involved in a highly scrutinized political action committee with hiding the source of campaign contributions.
- Gov. Baker distances himself from GOP fundraising appeal Updated: May-02-16 8:45 pm
BOSTON - Republican Gov. Charlie Baker is distancing himself from a GOP fundraising appeal that offered groups access to him in exchange for political donations.
- Trump has a 'plan B' for convention - outside help Updated: May-02-16 3:46 am
WASHINGTON - Donald Trump has a Plan B if he's faced with a contested convention, and it involves the sort of outside groups that he's called "corrupt."
- Ex-Rendell aide pleading guilty in FBI campaign cash sting Updated: Apr-29-16 8:22 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A onetime chief of staff to ex-Gov. Ed Rendell agreed in a court document filed Friday to plead guilty to wire fraud for pocketing thousands of dollars in supposed campaign contributions from a fake company set up by the FBI to investigate public corruption in the state.
- Kasich PAC's web ads target delegates with vision of victory Updated: Apr-29-16 11:45 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A super PAC backing Ohio Gov. John Kasich took its case for his presidential nomination directly to delegates this week in an unusual web ad.
- Blunt donates amount equal to contribution from Hastert PAC Updated: Apr-28-16 4:03 pm
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - The campaign committee for Republican U.S. Sen. Roy Blunt has given a Missouri children's group $11,000 - the same amount he had received from the political action committee of a disgraced former House speaker.
- Super PAC forms to back Republican Guinta's primary opponent Updated: Apr-28-16 3:34 pm
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Republican Congressman Frank Guinta is facing a fresh obstacle in his quest to keep his seat: an outside money group backing one of his rivals.
- Federal trial slated for Ron Paul 2012 campaign advisers Updated: Apr-25-16 11:29 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Three top campaign advisers to 2012 presidential candidate Ron Paul who are scheduled to go on trial this week have lost their fight to get charges of conspiracy to cover up campaign payments to a former state senator dismissed.
- Pro-Kennedy PAC has less than expected in campaign account Updated: Apr-21-16 4:31 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - A super PAC supporting state Treasurer John Kennedy in Louisiana's U.S. Senate race has missed the fundraising mark it expected to reach.
- Koch group gives $100k to PAC pushing GOP governor hopeful Updated: Apr-18-16 11:33 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A group fueled by the billionaire industrialist Koch brothers has donated $100,000 to a super PAC supporting Republican Bill Cole for governor in West Virginia.
- Idaho PAC at center of scrutiny, investigation Updated: Apr-17-16 3:45 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Campaign donations from unknown sources to a north Idaho political action committee are under scrutiny from the state's top GOP officials.
- Indiana candidate's dad pays for Super PAC targeting rivals Updated: Apr-16-16 9:36 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A multi-millionaire businessman who recently moved to Indiana to run for an open seat in Congress is receiving a significant financial boost from his father, who is funding a super PAC targeting his son's leading GOP primary opponent with negative ads.
- Latina governor's fundraising prowess on display at GOP gala Updated: Apr-15-16 2:59 pm
SANTA FE, New Mexico - Second-term Gov. Susana Martinez is raising money through a political action committee as if she still is a contender, and lavishing more funds than ever on a Republican strategist while taking her tough-talking agenda on immigration issues and taxes to out-of-state audiences.
- The Latest: White House asks PAC to pull ad in primary race Updated: Apr-13-16 8:13 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - The Latest on the White House asking a political action committee that supports Maryland Rep. Donna Edwards' Senate bid to pull an advertisement on gun control. (all times local):
- North Idaho PAC sparks questions, criticism Updated: Apr-10-16 1:49 pm
COEUR D'ALENE, Idaho - The Idaho Republican Party says a political action committee in northern Idaho is not associated with the party, even though the group is listed on the Idaho Secretary of State's website as a GOP affiliate.
- Virginia lawmakers banish pricey gifts - but not fundraisers Updated: Apr-06-16 11:49 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - In the Old Dominion, fancy gifts are out, but luxury fundraisers are still in.
- Group gathering signatures to expand Oregon outdoor school Updated: Apr-05-16 10:44 am
CORVALLIS, Oregon - About half of all Oregon students participate in outdoor school at some point in their education.