- Nonprofits challenge Utah donor disclosure law Updated: Nov-21-15 11:44 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Three Utah nonprofits are challenging a state law that forces organizations to report donors who give more than $750 to influence campaigns or voters.
- Martinez 'confident' adviser did nothing wrong Updated: Nov-09-15 3:57 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez said Monday that she's confident a close political adviser did nothing wrong and called allegations of fundraising violations "cheap shots" following reports of a federal investigation.
- Big spending expected for state legislative races in 2016 Updated: Nov-07-15 10:26 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - While the presidential campaign commands the public's attention, political parties and financial contributors are quietly preparing for another less glitzy yet significant set of elections a year from now - battles to determine control of dozens of state legislative chambers.
- Ex-New York mayor mounts ad campaign on carbon-cutting plan Updated: Nov-06-15 4:48 pm
NEW YORK - Former New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg is embarking on a $10 million-plus ad campaign to take on opponents of President Barack Obama's plan to reduce power plant carbon emissions.
- The Latest: New Jersey Democrats pick up Assembly seats Updated: Nov-04-15 12:26 am
TRENTON, New Jersey - Here is the latest on the general election in New Jersey (all times local):
- Jeb Bush gets tout from brother as campaign focuses on Rubio Updated: Oct-26-15 6:56 pm
HOUSTON - Former President George W. Bush on Monday assured top donors to his brother's presidential campaign that Jeb Bush will be a "fierce competitor" in the 2016 race for the White House and argued his experience as Florida's governor will ultimately win over voters.
- NYC city council speaker to co-chair Super PAC Updated: Oct-26-15 5:14 pm
NEW YORK - New York City Council Speaker Melissa Mark-Viverito is one of the first three honorary co-chairs of a political action group meant to elect more Latinos to public office.