- Obama calls GOP criticism of Iran deal 'ridiculous,' 'sad' Updated: Jul-27-15 10:55 pm
ADDIS ABABA, Ethiopia - President Barack Obama unleashed a blistering and belittling rebuke of Republican White House hopefuls Monday, calling their attack on his landmark nuclear deal with Iran "ridiculous if it weren't so sad."
- Booker: Christie is the most underestimated 2016 candidate Updated: Jul-27-15 5:24 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Don't count Chris Christie out.
- Kansas GOP, Democrats plan early March presidential caucuses Updated: Jul-27-15 3:43 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Republicans and Democrats in Kansas both hope March 5 caucuses will lure serious contenders for their parties' 2016 presidential nominations to the state.
- Tim Scott rolls out town hall schedule with GOP hopefuls Updated: Jul-27-15 11:14 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina's junior senator is offering voters a chance to get to know some of the Republican presidential candidates.
- Candidate criticizes Iran deal as being similar to Holocaust Updated: Jul-27-15 9:59 am
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is likening the agreement on an Iranian nuclear deal to "marching the Israelis to the door of the oven," a reference to the Holocaust.
- Ohio governor says he's not using "hot rhetoric' for support Updated: Jul-26-15 12:28 pm
CINCINNATI - Ohio's governor says he isn't going to use "hot rhetoric" or campaign promises that won't be kept as he tries to move up in the crowded GOP field.
- As Democrats fret over 'sharing economy,' GOP moves in Updated: Jul-26-15 2:55 am
DENVER - The debate over ride-hailing firm Uber is laying bare divides in the Democratic Party and on the left about how to handle the new "sharing" economy. Republicans are hungry to exploit that ambivalence and make inroads into a wealthy sector of the tech industry.
- GOP's Walker hits Obama on Iran, strikes combative tone Updated: Jul-23-15 4:48 pm
SAN DIEGO - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker told a sympathetic crowd of state lawmakers from around the country Thursday that he would trash the nuclear deal with Iran on his first day as president, striking a combative tone on how he would govern on a range of domestic and foreign policy issues.
- Ohio Gov. John Kasich to meet with 2012 nominee Mitt Romney Updated: Jul-22-15 11:54 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest Republican presidential candidate, Ohio Gov. John Kasich, is planning to meet with the GOP's most recent nominee, Mitt Romney.
- Donald Trump wealth details released by federal regulators Updated: Jul-22-15 5:00 pm
WASHINGTON - Federal election regulators released new details Wednesday about Republican presidential candidate and celebrity businessman Donald Trump's wealth and financial holdings, weeks after he estimated his net worth at roughly $10 billion.
- South Carolina editorial roundup Updated: Jul-22-15 3:41 pm
Recent editorials from South Carolina newspapers:
- Gov. Walker shuns Trump's presidential primary attention Updated: Jul-22-15 2:21 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker said Wednesday that he's not worried about the attention Donald Trump is getting in his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination.
- Donald Trump orders flags to half-staff on his properties Updated: Jul-21-15 2:28 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump is ordering that the flags on his U.S. properties lowered to honor the five service members killed in last week's shooting in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- GOP candidate Mike Huckabee campaigning in Vegas this week Updated: Jul-21-15 1:38 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee is making a campaign stop in Las Vegas this week.
- Ex-homeless Ohio presidential candidate at Kasich launch Updated: Jul-21-15 12:35 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A once-homeless Ohio man who's making a longshot bid for president after his smooth radio voice made him an Internet sensation was on site to watch another Ohioan, Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik), announce his bid for the White House.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich set to campaign in New Hampshire Updated: Jul-21-15 5:05 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Ohio Gov. John Kasich is heading to New Hampshire immediately after making his run for the GOP presidential nomination official.
- GOP presidential hopeful Walker signs abortion ban bill Updated: Jul-20-15 11:04 pm
OSHKOSH, Wisconsin - Republican Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, one week after launching his bid for the 2016 presidential nomination, signed a bill Monday that outlaws non-emergency abortions at or beyond 20 weeks of pregnancy.
- McConnell talks up presidential race, mum on governor's race Updated: Jul-20-15 2:59 pm
SHEPHERDSVILLE, Kentucky - Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is handicapping next year's presidential race, but the Kentucky Republican didn't mention his home state's pivotal campaign for governor in a speech to a business group.
- Donald Trump plans Michigan visit for GOP fundraising event Updated: Jul-20-15 2:49 pm
BIRCH RUN, Michigan - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump plans to visit Michigan next month for a speech at a GOP fundraising event.
- 'Say 2016!' Sisters snag selfies with presidential hopefuls Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Addy and Emma Nozell aren't the first New Hampshire residents to collect photos of themselves with as many presidential candidates as possible. But in the age of selfies, the Merrimack sisters are attracting a lot of attention, so much so that candidates now arrive in the state ready for their close-ups with the teens.
- GOP's Rubio cancels New Hampshire visit due to illness Updated: Jul-20-15 9:32 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - Florida Sen. Marco Rubio has canceled a two-day campaign swing in New Hampshire due to illness.
- Hillary Clinton tries to lift Democrats' spirits in Arkansas Updated: Jul-18-15 11:10 pm
NORTH LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Returning to the state where she served as first lady for 12 years, Hillary Rodham Clinton tried to lift the spirits of Arkansas Democrats on Saturday night after recent losses that have turned what was once friendly turf for her party into decidedly Republican territory
- Presidential hopeful Ted Cruz to make Arkansas stop Updated: Jul-18-15 6:20 pm
VAN BUREN, Arkansas - Republican presidential candidate Sen. Ted Cruz is scheduled to visit Van Buren next month.
- GOP candidates make a pitch to evangelical voters in Iowa Updated: Jul-18-15 2:59 am
DES MOINES, Iowa - Republican presidential contenders seeking to woo evangelical voters are making their case for conservative social issues at a gathering expected to attract thousands of potential Iowa caucus-goers.
- Bush, Walker, Trump criticize gun ban in recruiting offices Updated: Jul-17-15 10:24 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican presidential candidates Jeb Bush, Scott Walker and Donald Trump called Friday for an end to a ban on service members carrying guns in military recruiting offices.