- Wisconsin Assembly speaker, others endorse Rubio Updated: Oct-09-15 3:31 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin state Assembly Speaker Robin Vos and 19 other Republican state lawmakers are endorsing Florida Sen. Marco Rubio for president.
- Christie and wife earned nearly $1 million in 2014 Updated: Oct-09-15 2:17 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Republican presidential hopeful Chris Christie and his wife reported nearly $1 million in income last year, according to tax returns released by the New Jersey governor's office Friday.
- Analysis: GOP is party desperately in search of a leader Updated: Oct-09-15 2:12 pm
WASHINGTON - The GOP is a party in chaos, desperately in search of a leader.
- Donald Trump says Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed Updated: Oct-09-15 7:43 am
LAS VEGAS - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump said Thursday that Army Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl should have been executed for leaving his post in Afghanistan.
- GOP's Kasich plans presidential campaign tour in NH, Vermont Updated: Oct-09-15 6:51 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) is planning several stops across New Hampshire and Vermont as he campaigns for the Republican presidential nomination.
- AP source: Rubio raises $6M over last 3 months Updated: Oct-08-15 8:45 pm
WASHINGTON - Marco Rubio has raised roughly $6 million over the last three months for his Republican presidential bid.
- NY minimum wage push spurs US debate, faces hurdles at home Updated: Oct-08-15 8:21 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's plan to give fast-food workers a $15 minimum hourly wage is spurring similar efforts in other states even as Gov. Andrew Cuomo's effort to enact a $15 wage for all workers faces vocal opposition at home.
- Trade deal, Keystone open Clinton to flip-flop charges Updated: Oct-08-15 3:47 pm
WASHINGTON - Martin O'Malley was blunt when he learned Hillary Rodham Clinton had announced her opposition to a Pacific Rim trade deal. "Wow, that's a reversal," he told reporters minutes after Clinton announced her shift.
- Rubio's presidential bid boosted by secret-money commercials Updated: Oct-08-15 12:11 pm
WASHINGTON - Voters are beginning to learn about Republican presidential hopeful Marco Rubio.
- Bernie Sanders to hold rally in Boulder Updated: Oct-08-15 5:02 am
BOULDER, Colorado - Boulder is gearing up for its first visit by a 2016 presidential candidate as Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders plans to hold a rally on the University of Colorado's East Campus.
- Singer Julio Iglesias calls Donald Trump 'a clown' Updated: Oct-07-15 7:10 pm
MEXICO CITY - Julio Iglesias has jumped into the U.S. political debate, calling Donald Trump "a clown" over the Republican presidential candidate's derogatory comments about Mexican migrants.
- As Clinton campaigns, complications with her old boss arise Updated: Oct-07-15 10:12 am
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama seemed to call Hillary Rodham Clinton's idea of a no-fly zone in Syria "half-baked."
- Democrats announce participants in Nov. 6 S. Carolina debate Updated: Oct-07-15 10:11 am
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina Democrats say three candidates are confirmed to participate in the party's presidential debate next month.
- Pro-Biden super PAC launches first TV ad, urging 2016 run Updated: Oct-07-15 7:16 am
WASHINGTON - The super PAC urging Vice President Joe Biden to run for president is launching its first television ad.
- Chicago gun laws not as strict as they once were Updated: Oct-07-15 1:09 am
CHICAGO - The mass shooting at an Oregon community college last week thrust the debate over the nation's gun laws to the center of the presidential race. At least some of the Republicans who are running have pointed to Chicago as proof that gun control does not work.
- US government deports fewest immigrants in nearly a decade Updated: Oct-06-15 8:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration deported fewer immigrants over the past 12 months than at any time since 2006, according to internal figures obtained by The Associated Press as Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton called Obama's deportation policies too harsh.
- Rubio criticizes government regulation of on-demand economy Updated: Oct-06-15 6:35 pm
NEW YORK - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio vowed Tuesday to cap the number of regulations government can impose on businesses, particularly "on-demand" startups like Uber and Airbnb that he considers models for a changing national economy.
- New York mayor, who worked for Clinton, meets with Sanders Updated: Oct-06-15 4:16 pm
NEW YORK - New York City mayor and former Hillary Clinton campaign manager Bill de Blasio (dih BLAH'-zee-oh) has met with her rival Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders.
- Trump's bluster is heard around the world Updated: Oct-06-15 12:33 pm
BALMEDIE, Scotland - Republican presidential front-runner Donald Trump is well-known in this serene coastal section of Scotland, where shimmering golden sand dunes meet the ice-blue North Sea and people play on his golf course. He's known in the Himalayas, too, far from any sign with his name on it. And in the Middle East, Africa and beyond.
- House Speaker Richardson to lead Rubio's Missouri campaign Updated: Oct-06-15 5:05 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - Missouri's Republican House Speaker Todd Richardson will lead GOP presidential hopeful Marco Rubio's campaign in Missouri.
- Clinton draws early support but also ambivalence from voters Updated: Oct-06-15 3:15 am
DERRY, New Hampshire - Inside the arena, the roar was deafening when Hillary Rodham Clinton took the stage at the annual convention of the New Hampshire Democratic Party. Thousands of people jumped to their feet to welcome their party's White House front-runner with cheers and noisemakers emblazoned with her campaign logo.
- Cuomo: Make gun violence a central question for politicians Updated: Oct-05-15 6:19 pm
ALBANY, New York - U.S. gunfire killings have reached a crisis and voters should demand every candidate for Congress or president answer what they'd do about it, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo said Monday.
- Leaders who follow: What candidates' Twitter lists reveal Updated: Oct-05-15 2:34 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Jeb Bush follows Donald Trump on Twitter but that's a one-way street: Trump mainly follows people with a connection to himself. Ted Cruz's follow list is a big tea party, though he keeps an eye on President Barack Obama, too.
- Former Nevada Gov. Bob List endorses Marco Rubio Updated: Oct-05-15 8:17 am
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Former Nevada Gov. Bob List is endorsing Marco Rubio for president after the first candidate he backed dropped out of the race.
- Meet Val the bartender: Hillary Clinton does an 'SNL' skit Updated: Oct-05-15 8:06 am
WASHINGTON - Set 'em up, Hillary Rodham Clinton, and lend an ear to the troubles of a presidential candidate.