- GOP presidential candidates in Florida for economic summit Updated: Jun-02-15 3:05 am
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Six Republican presidential candidates or potential candidates will speak at an economic summit organized by Florida Gov. Rick Scott.
- Bush lauded at Tenn. GOP event, but will state vote follow? Updated: Jun-01-15 5:15 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - The speakers at the Tennessee Republican Party fundraiser over the weekend took turns heaping praise on former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, the keynote speaker at the annual Statesmen's Dinner.
- Weighing 2016 presidential bid, Ohio's Kasich to visit Iowa Updated: Jun-01-15 3:22 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) plans to travel to Iowa later this month - a signal that his decision to dive into the 2016 presidential race may be imminent.
- Rubio reaches out to regular Americans during visit to Reno Updated: May-30-15 10:57 am
RENO, Nevada - Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio tried to reach out to regular Americans during a stop at a Reno gated community on Friday.
- Report: Jindal's attack against Rand Paul 'raises questions' Updated: May-29-15 6:01 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana's government watchdog said Gov. Bobby Jindal's use of state resources to politically attack Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul raises questions.
- Paul claims new momentum ahead of second Senate showdown Updated: May-29-15 4:44 pm
CHICAGO - A confident Rand Paul claimed new momentum Friday in his fight against government surveillance programs, just days ahead of his second Capitol Hill showdown in as many weeks.
- Bush earned millions in juggling act as corporate adviser Updated: May-28-15 4:32 pm
WASHINGTON - During his transition from Florida governor to likely presidential candidate, Jeb Bush served on the boards of or as an adviser to at least 15 companies and nonprofits, a dizzying array of corporate connections that earned him millions of dollars and occasional headaches.
- Chris Christie continues to criticize Patriot Act opponents Updated: May-27-15 10:53 am
NEWARK, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie says lawmakers currently debating the fate of the Patriot Act lack his real-world experience and again made the case that the legislation should be renewed in its current form.
- Bill to shift Ohio's 2016 primary poised for Senate vote Updated: May-27-15 3:20 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The date of Ohio's presidential primary would be pushed back a week next year under a bill before the swing state's Senate.
- AP News in Brief at 9:58 p.m. EDT Updated: May-26-15 11:06 pm
The Latest on weather: Third body pulled from swollen Blanco River; Texas death toll now 13
- Pence passes up presidential bid, but future still cloudy Updated: May-23-15 10:25 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Gov. Mike Pence's decision not to fulfill the political buzz and chase White House dreams in 2016 doesn't necessarily clear up questions about his future.
- Alabama to join 'SEC primary' in 2016 presidential race Updated: May-21-15 9:11 pm
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - Alabama lawmakers have voted to join the "SEC primary" as southern states band together to try to get more attention from 2016 presidential hopefuls.
- Lawmakers in Louisiana House take aim at Jindal travel costs Updated: May-21-15 5:53 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Tired of Gov. Bobby Jindal's extensive out-of-state travel, lawmakers in the Louisiana House want the governor's office to carry the burden of those security detail costs, rather than the state police.
- Huckabee is latest straw poll no-show. Is event in jeopardy? Updated: May-21-15 4:28 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - The people running Iowa's Republican presidential straw poll want less money and glitz involved as they try to take this summer's event back to basics. But now they are facing a different kind of downsizing - fewer candidates.
- 2016 prospect Rand Paul in new book: GOP willing to change Updated: May-21-15 2:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Republican presidential candidate Rand Paul reaches out in his most direct way yet to African-Americans in a new book that highlights his libertarian policies on government surveillance, the economy and criminal justice reform.
- 10's a crowd? GOP prepares for double digits on debate stage Updated: May-20-15 9:05 pm
WASHINGTON - The first Republican presidential debate will feature no fewer than 10 candidates.
- Florida's GOP primary could give a boost to a favorite son Updated: May-19-15 5:06 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Florida has put itself in a position to help the White House bids of either former Gov. Jeb Bush or Sen. Marco Rubio, by setting up a winner-take-all Republican presidential primary as early as possible in the nominating calendar.
- Christie call for larger military, more US intervention Updated: May-18-15 3:16 pm
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie made the case Monday for a more active U.S. presence overseas, including a larger military and defended the government's intelligence-collection efforts in a speech laying out his foreign policy platform.
- Christie, Bush, Clinton head back to New Hampshire this week Updated: May-18-15 8:46 am
PORTSMOUTH, New Hampshire - Plenty of presidential hopefuls are heading back to New Hampshire this week.
- Jacksonville mayoral race draws national political interest Updated: May-17-15 2:55 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - There's a reason why the Jacksonville mayoral race is drawing the attention of outsiders like former President Bill Clinton, former Texas Gov. Rick Perry, former Gov. Jeb Bush and U.S. Sen. Marco Rubio and it's about more than who wins on Tuesday.
- Florida presidential primary to be winner-take-all Updated: May-16-15 2:04 pm
- In Ga., Rubio promises 'transformational change' Updated: May-15-15 4:31 pm
- Possible GOP presidential contender Santorum visits Nevada Updated: May-15-15 1:23 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Republican Rick Santorum is the latest potential presidential candidate to visit Nevada this week.
- Georgia Republicans gather, hear from presidential hopefuls Updated: May-15-15 7:22 am
ATHENS, Georgia - Georgia Republicans will hear from three White House hopefuls as the party gathers for its annual convention.
- Christie presses pension reforms at town hall Updated: May-14-15 5:49 pm
SPARTA, New Jersey - Gov. Chris Christie is continuing to defend his decision to scale back promised payments to the state's public worker pension system as the budget deadline draws nearer.