- Trump backers yell foul over loss at Arizona GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 9:58 pm
PHOENIX - Texas Sen. Ted Cruz pulled out a strategic victory at Saturday's Arizona Republican Party convention, nailing down a large majority of delegates to the national convention amid cheating accusations from backers of businessman Donald Trump.
- Obama gets one more chance to zing official Washington Updated: Apr-30-16 9:15 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama is getting one more chance to poke fun at fellow politicians, the press and himself at the annual White House Correspondents' Dinner.
- The Latest: Trump backers yell foul over Arizona party loss Updated: Apr-30-16 9:02 pm
MESA, Arizona - The Latest on the Arizona Republican Party convention (all times local):
- The Latest: Berkshire investors reject climate change report Updated: Apr-30-16 8:35 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The Latest on Berkshire Hathaway's annual shareholders meeting, where tens of thousands of people have listened to CEO Warren Buffett and Vice Chairman Charlie Munger talk business for several hours (all times local):
- Jim Gilmore denied spot as GOP delegate to convention Updated: Apr-30-16 8:06 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Jim Gilmore can't catch a break.
- Trump campaign chairman in Virginia to run for governor Updated: Apr-30-16 7:59 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - The chairman of GOP presidential front-runner Donald Trump's campaign in Virginia says he plans to run for governor in 2017.
- Cruz wins majority of delegates at Virginia convention Updated: Apr-30-16 7:56 pm
HARRISONBURG, Virginia - Supporters of U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz prevailed over backers of front-runner Donald Trump in a fight Saturday over delegates to the national Republican party convention, delegates that could help decide who becomes the GOP presidential nominee.
- Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't his supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 7:21 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - Donald Trump earned 37 of Missouri's 52 delegates to the Republican National Convention when he won the March 15 primary, but as the state party began selecting delegates on Saturday, the New York businessman can't count on that level of support unless he clinches a first-ballot nomination.
- Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates for convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:58 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts Republicans on Saturday selected 27 of the state's 42 delegates to the GOP National Convention, where rivals of presidential candidate Donald Trump hope he will fail to get the required number of delegate-votes needed to win the nomination.
- Arkansas Republicans select 12 delegates to GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 6:49 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - Arkansas Republicans have met in each of the state's four congressional districts to select 12 delegates to the GOP National Convention in July.
- The Latest: Massachusetts Republicans elect 27 delegates Updated: Apr-30-16 6:12 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on Massachusetts Republicans selecting delegates at nine caucuses (all times local):
- The Latest: Many Missouri Trump delegates aren't supporters Updated: Apr-30-16 5:42 pm
BALLWIN, Missouri - The Latest on Missouri's congressional district Republican conventions (all times local):
- Delaware Republicans pick delegates to national convention Updated: Apr-30-16 3:00 pm
DEWEY BEACH, Delaware - Delaware Republicans on Saturday overwhelmingly approved the state party's slate of delegates to the Republican National Convention in Cleveland, where they are obligated to support billionaire businessman and Delaware primary winner Donald Trump on the first ballot.
- GOP hopeful Cruz announces Nebraska state leadership team Updated: Apr-30-16 1:45 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Republican presidential hopeful Ted Cruz has unveiled a Nebraska leadership team to help him campaign in the state.
- Clinton, Sanders camps to speak at state Democratic event Updated: Apr-30-16 10:59 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - South Dakota Democrats will be hearing from the campaigns of presidential hopefuls Bernie Sanders and Hillary Clinton at a large party event.
- Texas' 155 delegates could all go to Cruz at GOP convention Updated: Apr-30-16 9:05 am
AUSTIN, Texas - If Ted Cruz can prevail in Indiana and keep alive his slim hope of denying Donald Trump enough delegates to secure the Republican presidential nomination outright, Texas' full slate of delegates will be poised to help him become the party's White House contender.
- The Latest: Kasich calls for balance on gay rights, religion Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on the California Republican Party's convention, a stage for the GOP presidential candidates (all times local):
- Clinton to campaign in Appalachia next week Updated: Apr-29-16 7:17 pm
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - Hillary Clinton will campaign in Kentucky, West Virginia and Ohio next week, and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, will be in West Virginia on Sunday.
- Sanders campaign drops lawsuit after Ohio young-voter ruling Updated: Apr-29-16 7:10 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic presidential candidate Bernie Sanders' campaign says it is dismissing its federal complaint against Ohio's elections chief over a policy related to the state's youngest primary voters.
- Rowdy Trump protests portend explosive California primary Updated: Apr-29-16 6:26 pm
BURLINGAME, California - Hundreds of rowdy protesters broke through barricades and threw eggs at police Friday outside a hotel where Donald Trump addressed the state's Republican convention. Several Trump supporters said they were roughed up but no serious injuries were reported.
- Republicans beginning to make peace with Trump as nominee Updated: Apr-29-16 5:42 pm
WASHINGTON - They thought it was impossible. Some still fear it. Others can barely believe it. But leading Republicans are beginning to accept the idea that Donald Trump will be their party's presidential nominee.
- Maryland governor says he still won't support Trump Updated: Apr-29-16 5:27 pm
ANNAPOLIS, Maryland - Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan said Friday that he still won't support Donald Trump's campaign for the White House, despite the Republican's sweeping victory in the state's primary this week when he won all of the state's 38 delegates.
- Cruz gets Indiana governor's endorsement Updated: Apr-29-16 4:49 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - In a setback for Donald Trump, Indiana's governor endorsed the front-runner's chief rival, Ted Cruz, on Friday, injecting new drama into the state's critical Republican primary contest just days before voters head to the polls.
- The Latest: Skirmishes break out outside Trump event Updated: Apr-29-16 4:13 pm
BURLINGAME, California - The Latest on protests against Donald Trump during the GOP candidate's California events (all times local):
- White House 2016: Clinton gears up for Trump in fall race Updated: Apr-29-16 2:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Waves of campaign staffers are being dispatched to battleground states. Advisers are starting to consider locations for a splashy convention rally in Philadelphia. And an army of lawyers is scrutinizing more than two dozen possible vice presidential picks.