- Attorneys file brief in flower shop owner's appeal Updated: Feb-09-16 12:57 pm
RICHLAND, Washington - Attorneys for a Richland flower shop owner who lost a lawsuit over her refusal to provide services for a same-sex wedding have filed a brief with the state Supreme Court.
- Foul-smelling 'corpse flower' blooms at U of Minnesota Updated: Feb-08-16 8:42 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A pungent plant known as a "corpse flower" is blooming at the University of Minnesota.
- Kansas court ponders greenhouse gas limits for coal plant Updated: Jan-28-16 3:52 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - The Kansas Supreme Court considered Thursday whether the state can avoid limiting greenhouse gas emissions from a proposed $2.8 billion coal-fired power plant despite the federal government's efforts to combat climate change.
- Cruz dons face paint in appeal to hunters, gun owners Updated: Jan-19-16 5:37 pm
WASHINGTON - It's an image football fans in Iowa are likely to see this weekend: Ted Cruz, his face smeared with black greasepaint, sitting in a Louisiana duck blind with a borrowed shotgun.
- Astronaut nurses zinnia to full bloom after mold invasion Updated: Jan-19-16 1:12 pm
CAPE CANAVERAL, Florida - The International Space Station now has a bright pop of orange, thanks to commander Scott Kelly's green thumb.
- Advocate wants milkweed reprieve in SE Wisconsin village Updated: Jan-17-16 5:00 pm
CALEDONIA, Wisconsin - A wildlife advocate hopes the village board of Caledonia will give milkweed - the host plant for monarch butterflies - a break.