- Montana State names Kyle Brennan as new athletic director Updated: May-02-16 5:15 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Utah associate athletic director Kyle Brennan has been named the new athletic director at Montana State, President Waded Cruzado announced Monday.
- Former Bismarck volleyball coach alleges gender bias Updated: May-02-16 4:24 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A women's volleyball coach who was fired from a private Catholic university in Bismarck after less than a year on the job says the school opted to get rid of her rather than investigate her complaints about gender bias.
- CIAA will stay in North Carolina despite state's LGBT law Updated: Apr-29-16 6:32 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - The Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association says it won't move its headquarters, its basketball tournament or other conference championships from North Carolina, despite the state's controversial new LGBT law.
- Where have the multi-sport high school athletes gone? Updated: Apr-29-16 2:17 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - Harrison Heffley played nearly every sport that caught his interest during junior high and high school, from his dominant trade of baseball to basketball, football and even golf.
- NCAA scraps ban on satellite camps; recruiting under study Updated: Apr-28-16 10:30 pm
The NCAA Division I Board of Directors scrapped a proposed ban on satellite camps Thursday, rebuffing a request from powerhouse conferences in the South and clearing the way for coaches to hold and work at clinics far from their campuses this summer.
- South Carolina's Martin honored in hometown Updated: Apr-28-16 12:29 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina basketball coach Frank Martin has been honored his hometown of Miami this week.
- Dakota Wesleyan AD position going from father to son Updated: Apr-28-16 10:14 am
MITCHELL, South Dakota - The athletic director position at Dakota Wesleyan University will stay in the family.
- The Latest: With sentencing Hastert loses teacher pension Updated: Apr-27-16 8:42 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the sentencing of former U.S. House Speaker Dennis Hastert (all times local):
- Williston coach, teacher accused of child sex crime Updated: Apr-27-16 1:27 pm
WILLISTON, North Dakota - A high school basketball coach and teacher in Williston is accused of having sexual contact with a girl last December.
- Norther Illinois schools add varsity letters for ice skaters Updated: Apr-25-16 10:54 pm
ROCKFORD, Illinois - Eight northern Illinois schools have decided to offer varsity letters to figure skaters who go to their schools but perform on their own.
- A look at the men accusing Dennis Hastert of sexual abuse Updated: Apr-25-16 4:49 pm
CHICAGO - When he steps before a judge Wednesday, Dennis Hastert will learn whether he goes to prison for breaking federal banking rules in a scheme to cover up sexual abuse.
- University of Illinois athletic director search exceeds $20K Updated: Apr-25-16 3:01 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois has spent more than $20,000 on expenses in its search for a new athletic director, according to documents obtained under a Freedom of Information Act request.
- Chicago suburb honors hometown wrestler headed to Olympics Updated: Apr-25-16 11:05 am
FOX LAKE, Illinois - The Chicago suburb of Fox Lake has honored hometown wrestler Daniel Dennis as he heads for the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro.
- Utah offense to be more 50-50 run-pass without Booker Updated: Apr-23-16 5:01 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah's offense is in transition after two years of being placed squarely on the shoulders of running back Devontae Booker. The program had the fifth and sixth-most rushing attempts in school history the last two years as the coaching staff openly gave Booker as many carries as he could handle.
- Feds: Victims felt traumatized after UNM sex assault probes Updated: Apr-23-16 4:33 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - A U.S. Justice Department review of nearly 173 allegations of sexual harassment - including sexual assault, stalking and domestic violence - at the University of New Mexico included reports from women who described feeling traumatized as school officials investigated their complaints.
- Feds: University of New Mexico fails in sex assault response Updated: Apr-22-16 10:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Students often do not know how to report sexual assault and sexual harassment at the University of New Mexico or where to turn for help in a broken system that violates federal law, the U.S. Justice Department said Friday.
- Audit: Failures led to UAF mishandling sex assault cases Updated: Apr-22-16 7:13 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Widespread systemic failures, including the lack of a capable staff, contributed to the University of Alaska Fairbanks mishandling multiple sexual assault cases on campus, according to an independent audit released Friday.
- Kansas State gives AD John Currie 2-year contract extension Updated: Apr-22-16 4:44 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - Kansas State has signed athletic director John Currie to a two-year contract extension through the 2022 academic year, a deal that keeps his salary unchanged but includes $700,000 in retention bonuses.
- South Dakota hires Plitzuweit to lead women's basketball Updated: Apr-22-16 1:50 pm
VERMILLION, South Dakota - University of South Dakota Athletic Director David Herbster says the school has hired Northern Kentucky women's basketball coach Dawn Plitzuweit (PLITZ'-zoo-wyte) to lead the Coyotes.
- Superintendent won't say if resigning tied to hazing case Updated: Apr-22-16 12:36 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Nebraska - The superintendent of a southern Nebraska school district that considered firing a coach over a hazing incident is resigning.
- Satellite camp debate puts spotlight on new NCAA governance Updated: Apr-21-16 8:07 pm
The ban on satellite camps in college football needs to clear one more NCAA threshold next week. It is no slam dunk to sail through, and the debate over the camps has put a spotlight on the NCAA's new governance structure that has not been flattering.
- Northern Colorado fires men's basketball coach B.J. Hill Updated: Apr-21-16 7:57 pm
GREELEY, Colorado - The University of Northern Colorado has fired men's basketball coach B.J. Hill amid an NCAA investigation into allegations of violations in the program.
- Hakstol's success opens NHL door to more college coaches Updated: Apr-21-16 4:53 pm
When the Philadelphia Flyers hired Dave Hakstol as coach last summer, T.J. Oshie was surprised.
- Michigan State announces partnership with Fox Sports Updated: Apr-21-16 4:26 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Michigan State's athletic department has announced a 15-year multimedia rights partnership with Fox Sports that will provide guaranteed revenues of over $150 million.
- Former Indianapolis coach faces 10 years to life in prison Updated: Apr-21-16 12:55 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A former Indianapolis high school boys' basketball coach faces 10 years to life in prison if convicted of trying to entice a 15-year-old student to have sex with him.