- New Utah State AD sets sights on Mountain West championships Updated: Jun-03-15 2:29 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Newly hired Utah State athletic director John Hartwell says the Aggies will win multiple Mountain West championships in multiple sports.
- South Dakota State University head equestrian coach resigns Updated: Jun-03-15 12:48 pm
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - South Dakota State University head equestrian coach Megan Rossiter is leaving to pursue other professional opportunities.
- At 90, 'League Of Their Own' ballplayer is still competitive Updated: Jun-03-15 10:29 am
JUPITER, Florida - The Jupiter Hammerheads catcher tried to come out to the mound, but pitcher Margaret Wigiser waved him off.
- Third North Carolina high school athlete drowns in a week Updated: Jun-01-15 3:25 am
GREENVILLE, North Carolina - A North Carolina high school student-athlete is the third in less than a week to drown.
- LSU athletic director critical of NCAA postponing game Updated: Jun-01-15 1:41 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU Athletic Director Joe Alleva criticized the NCAA for postponing the Tigers' tournament game against UNC Wilmington on Sunday night, calling it a "ridiculous decision."
- Hastert rose to speakership among the scandals of others Updated: May-29-15 7:09 pm
WASHINGTON - Dennis Hastert's career as House speaker both arose and ended amid the sex-related scandals of others.
- SEC's Slive steps down amid record revenue, new conduct rule Updated: May-29-15 5:18 pm
DESTIN, Florida - Southeastern Conference Commissioner Mike Slive unexpectedly stepped down Friday, just minutes after announcing record revenue and a groundbreaking rule.
- Coaches blast new NCAA eligibility standards Updated: May-29-15 4:00 pm
A new organization of minority coaches on Friday sharply criticized NCAA eligibility standards set to take effect next year for incoming freshmen, saying they will deny too many athletes the opportunity to go to college.
- Florida's highest court rules UCF has immunity Updated: May-28-15 4:30 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A private corporation that runs the University of Central Florida's athletic program won't have to pay $10 million to the family of a football player who died during practice, the Florida Supreme Court ruled Thursday.
- Doggett appointed Utah State's interim athletic director Updated: May-27-15 5:10 pm
LOGAN, Utah - Jana Dogget has been appointed Utah State's interim athletic director.
- New investigation launched into Illinois player allegations Updated: May-26-15 5:18 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - The University of Illinois hired a Chicago law firm Tuesday and asked it to launch a second investigation into accusations of mistreatment made by the parents of former women's basketball players.
- Washington State fires baseball coach Updated: May-26-15 5:02 pm
PULLMAN, Washington - Washington State has fired baseball coach Donnie Marbut after 11 seasons.
- Hutchinson women's basketball team under investigation Updated: May-26-15 1:43 pm
HUTCHINSON, Kansas - The Hutchinson Community College women's basketball team is under investigation for alleged improper benefits to players.
- La Tech juggles 2016 non-conference games out of 'SEC West' Updated: May-24-15 4:00 pm
RUSTON, Louisiana - Tommy McClelland says that when he became athletic director at Louisiana Tech, the football team was committed to some non-conference games way out of its league in 2016. With a few contract changes and a fellow athletic director's help, he changed that.
- Maine college rugby player indicted on sex assault charge Updated: May-24-15 12:19 pm
FARMINGTON, Maine - A Maine grand jury has indicted a University of Maine at Farmington senior on a felony sex assault charge.
- Utah State hires Louis Wilson as assistant basketball coach Updated: May-21-15 3:08 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah State has hired Louis Wilson as an assistant coach under Tim Duryea. The university announced the hiring Thursday morning.
- Former teacher pleads guilty in sex case involving student Updated: May-21-15 9:11 am
St. JOSEPH, Michigan - A former southwestern Michigan high school teacher and soccer coach who authorities say had an inappropriate relationship with a student faces prison time after entering pleas in the case.
- Arkansas athletic director picks up national honor Updated: May-21-15 9:07 am
FAYETTEVILLE, Arkansas - A sports publication has named University of Arkansas' Jeff Long the athletic director of the year.
- 5 Wyoming men's basketball seniors receive diplomas Updated: May-20-15 3:52 pm
LARAMIE, Wyoming - Wyoming's senior class proved historic in March.
- Jim Watson, longtime West Liberty AD, to retire June 30 Updated: May-20-15 11:33 am
WEST LIBERTY, West Virginia - West Liberty University athletic director Jim Watson is stepping down after serving for more than two decades.
- Official: University of Texas football could play in Mexico Updated: May-18-15 8:51 am
AUSTIN, Texas - University of Texas athletic director Steve Patterson says the Longhorns could play football in Mexico City by 2020 as UT considers expanding its brand internationally.
- Jury awards injured high school football player nearly $1M Updated: May-12-15 4:58 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A former Iowa high school football player who suffered a serious head injury during practice has been awarded almost $1 million in a negligence case against the district and a school nurse.
- Oregon State AD Bob De Carolis to step down Updated: May-11-15 6:18 pm
CORVALLIS, Oregon - Oregon State athletic director Bob De Carolis has announced that he will step down on June 30.
- Oklahoma St softball coach Rich Wieligman fired Updated: May-11-15 5:45 pm
STILLWATER, Oklahoma - Oklahoma State fired softball coach Rich Wieligman on Monday after his second straight losing season.
- Ex-coach fired over mishandling cash loses lawsuit Updated: May-10-15 4:09 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - A Gallatin County judge has thrown out a lawsuit by a former football coach who was fired by the Manhattan School District after an investigation found he mishandled thousands of fundraising dollars.