- 2 SUU student athletes cited after drug raid Updated: Feb-10-16 12:04 pm
CEDAR CITY, Utah - Two Southern Utah University basketball players have been cited for drugs after Cedar City Police raided a student housing apartment.
- Prosecutors appeal Indianapolis coach's release to parents Updated: Feb-10-16 7:45 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Federal prosecutors have appealed a judge's decision to allow a former Indianapolis high school boys' basketball coach to live with his parents while he faces charges that he enticed a 15-year-old girl into a sexual relationship.
- Louisville coach pleads not guilty on child pornography charges Updated: Feb-10-16 7:09 am
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Louisville softball coach accused of distributing images of children engaged in sexual activities has pleaded not guilty.
- AP Source: Ole Miss football cited in 13 of 28 violations Updated: Feb-09-16 7:38 pm
Mississippi's football program was cited by the NCAA in nearly half of the 28 rules violations levied against the school in the Notice of Allegations the university recently received, said a person with knowledge of the investigation.
- Lawsuit alleges Tennessee has 'hostile sexual environment' Updated: Feb-09-16 7:08 pm
KNOXVILLE, Tennessee - A lawsuit filed by a group of women alleges that the University of Tennessee has violated Title IX regulations and created a "hostile sexual environment" through a policy of indifference toward assaults by student-athletes.
- Indictment: Ex-staffer accessed school chief's email account Updated: Feb-09-16 4:41 pm
OCEAN CITY, New Jersey - The former vice principal and athletic director at a southern New Jersey high school has been indicted for allegedly accessing the email account of a high-ranking school official without permission.
- House delays vote on athletes' religious clothing bill Updated: Feb-09-16 11:56 am
ATLANTA - The Georgia House has delayed voting on a bill that would prevent state-funded high schools from joining athletic associations that don't allow athletes to wear clothing expressing religious beliefs.
- Mary names former coach Dale Lennon public affairs director Updated: Feb-09-16 10:53 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - The University of Mary has hired former Marauders and University of North Dakota head football coach Dale Lennon as its public affairs director.
- Reality star named Florida's 1st female football head coach Updated: Feb-08-16 7:04 pm
MIAMI - A reality TV star has been hired as the first female high school football head coach in Florida history.
- Ex-South Carolina coach Spurrier to serve as ambassador Updated: Feb-08-16 6:37 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Steve Spurrier has a new role at South Carolina - special assistant to President Harris Pastides and athletic director Ray Tanner.
- UP student apartment building sold to Colorado investors Updated: Feb-08-16 12:45 pm
EUGENE, Oregon - Two student apartment complexes near the University of Oregon have been sold to a Colorado investment group for $30.6 million.
- Police: college soccer player's body found in Ohio creek Updated: Feb-07-16 6:11 pm
DELAWARE, Ohio - Police are investigating the death of an Ohio Wesleyan University soccer player whose body was found in a creek in central Ohio.
- Brantley teen overwhelmed with support before cancer fight Updated: Feb-06-16 10:28 am
BRANTLEY, Alabama - Alex Wilcox passively stands, eyes darting around at the scene, her shy nature overwhelmed.
- Football coach inspires team to boost academic performance Updated: Feb-06-16 10:09 am
PORT ALLEN, Louisiana - Port Allen High wide receiver Sean Garner started his junior year in August with a 1.7 GPA and an apathetic outlook about college.
- College athletes volunteer to help Flint amid water crisis Updated: Feb-05-16 7:37 pm
FLINT, Michigan - College athletes are among those volunteering to help Flint amid the city's crisis with lead-tainted drinking water.
- Brawl erupts after girls high school game, 2 players charged Updated: Feb-05-16 6:21 pm
AKRON, Ohio - Police investigating a brawl involving players, coaches and fans following a girls high school basketball game in Ohio have charged two teammates in the melee.
- USC athletic director Pat Haden to step down in June Updated: Feb-05-16 5:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - The University of Southern California hired Pat Haden to guide its storied athletic department through the toughest time in its history.
- Penn State awaiting improvement options for Beaver Stadium Updated: Feb-05-16 2:04 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - A team of architects and engineers have spent the last two months at Penn State helping formulate a plan that will include a renovation or rebuild of Beaver Stadium.
- Boston College adds former Syracuse coach Paul Pasqualoni Updated: Feb-05-16 1:58 pm
BOSTON - Boston College has hired former Syracuse and Connecticut head coach Paul Pasqualoni as a defensive line coach.
- Duke adds DL coach from BC, shifts Collins into admin role Updated: Feb-05-16 1:15 pm
DURHAM, North Carolina - Duke has added Boston College assistant Ben Albert to its defensive coaching staff and shifted Jim Collins into an administrative role.
- Former U of Illinois athletic director received fast payout Updated: Feb-05-16 12:52 pm
CHAMPAIGN, Illinois - Former University of Illinois athletic director Mike Thomas is off the school's payroll and has been since not long after he was fired.
- Florida hires Virginia Tech's Gray as defensive backs coach Updated: Feb-04-16 8:24 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Florida has hired Virginia Tech assistant Torrian Gray as its defensive backs coach.
- NCAA academic committee considering changes to rating system Updated: Feb-04-16 7:32 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The NCAA may start holding schools more accountable for the academic progress of athletes who are graduate transfers.
- Louisville AD Jurich seeks to extend Petrino's contract Updated: Feb-04-16 3:57 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - Louisville athletic director Tom Jurich has approached Cardinals football coach Bobby Petrino about a contract extension.
- New Rutgers athletic director inherits program at low point Updated: Feb-04-16 12:41 pm
PISCATAWAY, New Jersey - Rutgers' new athletic director is unsparing when asked how he plans to turn around a program after a series of embarrassing developments on and off the field.