- 3 Hall of Famers on Collegiate Bowl coaching staffs Updated: Nov-24-15 2:48 pm
CARSON, California - Pro Football Hall of Famers Darrell Green, Jackie Slater and Andre Reed will be on the coaching staffs for the NFL Players Association's Collegiate Bowl.
- LSU's Miles sidestepping questions about his future Updated: Nov-24-15 5:29 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - LSU coach Les Miles considers talk about his job security "off limits" right now and he has no interest in retiring.
- $5M gift to Oakland U. to boost business school, athletics Updated: Nov-23-15 8:50 am
ROCHESTER HILLS, Michigan - Oakland University says a $5 million gift will be used to boost the School of Business Administration and the Department of Athletics.
- University of Hawaii's athletic director creates budget plan Updated: Nov-20-15 8:44 am
HONOLULU - University of Hawaii's athletic director is looking to improve his department's fiscal situation in order to reach a balanced budget.
- New UCF athletic director always had an eye on the school Updated: Nov-19-15 4:02 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - The way his father tells it, Danny White has been keeping tabs on UCF for a while.
- Edinboro University fires football coach after winless 2015 Updated: Nov-19-15 9:45 am
EDINBORO, Pennsylvania - Edinboro University of Pennsylvania has fired football coach Scott Browning after a winless season.
- Missouri players didn't recognize how much power they had Updated: Nov-10-15 5:33 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri receiver J'Mon Moore decided to visit the protesters who had built a tent city on Carnahan Quad, demanding that the university pay attention to their complaints about racism.
- Ex-Michigan football player starting Flint community garden Updated: Nov-09-15 11:41 am
FLINT, Michigan - A former University of Michigan football player is teaming up with other athletes and fans to create a community garden in Flint.
- Ohio senator sets hearings on co-curricular activities, fees Updated: Nov-08-15 9:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state senator is leading a series of meetings around Ohio to gather feedback from health experts, parents, educators, coaches and others on co-curricular school activities.
- Missouri football players boycott in protest of president Updated: Nov-08-15 12:52 am
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri football players announced Saturday night on Twitter that they will not participate in team activities until the university president is removed from office.
- Former Weber State player challenges NCAA transfer rule Updated: Nov-06-15 4:04 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - A former Weber State football player who says his scholarship was not renewed following the 2012 season has filed a federal lawsuit against the NCAA alleging it violates antitrust laws by forcing players to sit out a year after transferring schools.
- Ex-high school coach sentenced to 7 years in prison Updated: Nov-06-15 12:26 pm
BENTON, Kentucky - A former Marshall County High School coach accused of having inappropriate relationships with two underage female students has been sentenced to seven years in prison.
- Paterno's wife vows to clear ex-Penn State coach's name Updated: Nov-06-15 8:29 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Joe Paterno's wife is vowing to continue the fight to clear the late Penn State football coach's name.
- Woman heartbroken by lawsuit filed by Notre Dame student Updated: Nov-05-15 8:05 pm
SOUTH BEND, Indiana - An academic coach fired by the University of Notre Dame after a student accused her of coercing him into having unwelcome sexual encounters with her daughter issued a statement Thursday describing what happened as merely a breakup and saying her family is heartbroken he chose to harm them in such a public manner.
- Penn State AD Barbour prefers Beaver Stadium renovation Updated: Nov-05-15 12:53 pm
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Penn State's athletic director says she would prefer to renovate the university's aging icon, Beaver Stadium, rather than build a new one on campus.
- NCAA: College athletes breaking records in graduation rates Updated: Nov-04-15 1:02 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Clemson jumped to the top of the class in the first College Football Playoff rankings.
- Toledo's Campbell rockets up coaching ranks Updated: Nov-02-15 4:50 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - Before Toledo coach Matt Campbell meets with the media on Monday, he first faces about 175 Toledo fans, most old enough to be his father or grandfather. And they have questions.
- Beamer: 'The last thing I want is for Hokies to be divided' Updated: Nov-02-15 4:35 pm
BLACKSBURG, Virginia - An emotional Frank Beamer wanted everyone to know that his health wasn't the reason he has decided to retire.
- 3 Caddo Parish schools facing LHSAA sanctions Updated: Oct-30-15 6:22 pm
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - Three Caddo Parish high school athletic departments face penalties from the Louisiana High School Athletic Association following an investigation into potential rules violations.
- USC AD Pat Haden leaves playoff committee, cites health Updated: Oct-30-15 3:35 pm
IRVING, Texas - Southern California athletic director Pat Haden is stepping down from the College Football Playoff selection committee after his doctors advised him to cut back on travel.
- Praying coach's suspension opens split on religion in school Updated: Oct-30-15 2:35 am
SEATTLE - A football field in Washington state has become more than a battleground for athletes as the suspension of an assistant coach for praying at midfield after games divided people around the country over the religious rights of school employees.
- Feds back transgender teenager in school restroom dispute Updated: Oct-29-15 7:06 pm
Schools can't prevent transgender students from using the restrooms that correspond with their gender identities without violating federal law, the Obama administration says.
- University of Hartford eliminates tennis, adds lacrosse Updated: Oct-29-15 5:15 pm
WEST HARTFORD, Connecticut - The University of Hartford plans to drop men's and women's tennis and add women's lacrosse.
- Former NY basketball coach charged with forging transcripts Updated: Oct-29-15 4:27 pm
MOUNT PLEASANT, New York - A former basketball coach of a suburban New York community college has been charged with using forged transcripts to help star players transfer to NCAA Division I colleges.
- Former NBA assistant, scout Zipfel hired as Mansfield coach Updated: Oct-27-15 8:59 pm
MANSFIELD, Pennsylvania - Pat Zipfel, a former NBA assistant coach and advance scout, has been hired as the interim men's basketball coach at Mansfield University.