- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- In Internet age, pirate radio arises as surprising challenge Updated: Apr-27-16 1:40 pm
IRVINGTON, New Jersey - In the age of podcasts and streaming services, you might think pirate radio is low on the list of concerns of federal lawmakers and broadcasters. You'd be wrong.
- Steve Julian, longtime 'Morning Edition' host at KPCC, dies Updated: Apr-24-16 10:38 pm
PASADENA, California - Steve Julian, who calmly delivered news, traffic and weather for 15 years as the local host of NPR's "Morning Edition" on KPCC radio, died Sunday.
- Winners announced in 2015 Illinois AP Broadcasters contest Updated: Apr-23-16 9:05 pm
CHICAGO - Winners of the Illinois Associated Press Broadcasters Association contest were announced Saturday in Springfield.
- Apple hopes to get its books, movies back online in China Updated: Apr-22-16 5:08 am
BEIJING - Apple Inc. said Friday it hopes to resume its online iTunes and iBooks services in China, where they were recently shut down less than seven months after being launched.
- Former Detroit Tigers broadcaster Paul Carey dies at 88 Updated: Apr-13-16 11:55 am
DETROIT - Paul Carey, a radio broadcaster whose accounts of Detroit Tigers games captivated sports fans for nearly two decades, has died. He was 88.
- Associated Press, Guardian among top Headliner Award winners Updated: Apr-13-16 2:02 am
ATLANTIC CITY, New Jersey - The Associated Press, The Guardian US, Reveal from The Center for Investigative Reporting and Pittsburgh's WTAE-TV have won top honors as "best of show" winners in the 82nd National Headliner Awards.
- Goodbye, Lake Wobegon: 'Prairie Home' is getting a new host Updated: Apr-12-16 6:54 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - No more Guy Noir, Private Eye. No more tales of Dusty and Lefty, the luckless cowboys. And no more weekly "News From Lake Wobegon," the imaginary Minnesota town famous for strong women, good-looking men and above-average children.
- New Orleans Saints radio analyst Howard Gajan dead at 56 Updated: Apr-12-16 3:29 pm
NEW ORLEANS - The color analyst of New Orleans Saints radio broadcasts and a former Saints player, Howard "Hokie" Gajan, has died. He was 56.
- Chicago radio personality Doug Banks dies at age 57 Updated: Apr-12-16 12:50 am
CHICAGO - Nationally syndicated radio host Doug Banks, a longtime fixture in Chicago radio and television, died early Monday at age 57.
- Forest hiking bridge decision delayed until next year Updated: Apr-11-16 11:25 am
LINCOLN, New Hampshire - Officials are waiting until early next year to decide whether to replace a hiking bridge over the North Fork of the Pemigewasset River that was damaged during Tropical Storm Irene in 2011.
- Tennessee AP, MTSU present 2016 news excellence awards Updated: Apr-09-16 11:37 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Nashville TV station WTVF and the Chattanooga Times Free Press received top honors in the 2016 Tennessee Associated Press Broadcasters and Media Editors annual contest.
- WDIO-TV, MPR, WCCO-AM among top Minnesota AP contest winners Updated: Apr-07-16 8:10 pm
BLOOMINGTON, Minnesota - WDIO-TV of Duluth, Minnesota Public Radio and WCCO-AM of Minneapolis are among top winners in the 2015 Minnesota Associated Press Broadcasters awards contest.
- NPR executive to lead Michigan journalism programs Updated: Apr-05-16 8:59 pm
- Officials seek to curb protesters at pipeline hearings Updated: Apr-03-16 11:35 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - A gas distributor and a Vermont agency have recommended measures to state utility regulators meant to curb disruptions at board proceedings related to an approved natural gas pipeline project.
- Acme Radio seeks to expose 'Nashville's underbelly' Updated: Apr-02-16 1:43 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - If Acme Feed and Seed is the Lower Broadway music venue for locals and millennials, then its recently launched Internet radio station, Acme Radio, is hoping to become the platform that exposes "Nashville's underbelly" to the rest of the world.