- 'Groundhog Day' actress Angela Paton dies at age 86 Updated: May-26-16 11:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - Angela Paton (PAY-ton), an actress best known for appearing with Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day," has died at age 86.
- 'Remain Loyal!' theme of Jehovah's Witnesses conference Updated: May-26-16 9:24 pm
BELLEVILLE, Michigan - Jehovah's Witnesses invite both members and non-members of the denomination to a regional convention being held west of Detroit.
- Spielberg to Harvard grads: Be the movie heroes of real life Updated: May-26-16 7:16 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - In a world full of villains, Harvard University graduates must become the heroes, filmmaker Steven Spielberg told the 2016 class during a commencement address Thursday.
- 'X-Men' packs a punch for Lawrence and McAvoy Updated: May-26-16 2:06 pm
LONDON - It always hits the cast hard when they realize they're back on the set of "X-Men." Quite literally, they're going to get punched.
- Albuquerque motel from 'No Country for Old Men' hit by fire Updated: May-26-16 12:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - An Albuquerque motel and apartment complex made famous in the 2007 movie "No Country for Old Men" has been severely damaged by a fire.
- Anthony Hopkins overcomes his stage fright in 'The Dresser' Updated: May-26-16 10:20 am
LONDON - He's a much-lauded Academy Award-winning performer and his Hannibal Lecter is one of the all-time great movie villains.
- China state media promote rap song praising Karl Marx Updated: May-26-16 7:16 am
BEIJING - The latest hot topic for Chinese rappers is a bearded 19th century German philosopher who wrote a book called "The Communist Manifesto."
- 500-pound actor known for low-budget movies dies in NY at 62 Updated: May-25-16 9:27 pm
NEW YORK - Joe Fleishaker (FLY'-shay-kur), a 500-pound actor known for his work in low-budget horror films, has died. He was 62.
- Documents show different medal count for 'American Sniper' Updated: May-25-16 5:52 pm
HOUSTON - Documents show the number of medals slain Navy Seal and "American Sniper" author Chris Kyle received for his military service is different from what he indicated in his best-selling memoir about his four tours of duty in Iraq.
- Lawyer for Mexico drug lord demands payment from US networks Updated: May-25-16 5:03 pm
MEXICO CITY - A lawyer for Joaquin "El Chapo" Guzman said Wednesday that he will sue television networks if they air a new series on the imprisoned Mexican drug lord's life without paying him.
- 'Fast & Furious' revs up for 15th anniversary re-release Updated: May-25-16 1:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - "The Fast and the Furious" is speeding back into theaters this summer in celebration of the 15th anniversary of the film that launched the improbable $3.9 billion franchise. Tickets are now on sale for the nationwide June 22 re-release, Universal Pictures said Wednesday.
- GLAAD responds to #GiveCaptainAmericaABoyfriend Updated: May-25-16 12:44 pm
LOS ANGELES - Captain America snags a kiss from Sharon Carter in the latest Marvel pic, "Captain America: Civil War," but many fans are wishing it was from someone else - specifically, a man.
- 'Godfather' notebook featuring Coppola comments out in fall Updated: May-25-16 11:46 am
NEW YORK - "Godfather" obsessives can look forward to a new publication this fall: A 700-page "Notebook" featuring Francis Ford Coppola's original annotations of the Mario Puzo best-seller.
- EU wants quota of European films on providers like Netflix Updated: May-25-16 10:04 am
BRUSSELS - On-demand video providers like Netflix, iTunes and Amazon will be required to have a fifth of their films and TV shows on offer in the European Union be Europe-made, under new proposals issued Wednesday.
- China's Wanda prepares for battle with 'old brand' Updated: May-25-16 3:35 am
BEIJING - Mickey Mouse has a new and deep-pocketed challenger: China's shopping mall king.
- Australian who raped German backpacker sentenced to 9 years Updated: May-25-16 3:16 am
BRISBANE, Australia - An Australian man who kidnapped, drugged and raped a German backpacker was sentenced to nine years in prison on Wednesday for an attack that has drawn comparisons to the grisly Australian horror film "Wolf Creek."
- Depp's dog fight with Australian deputy leader continues Updated: May-25-16 12:08 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia's deputy prime minister boasted on Wednesday that he had got into Johnny Depp's head like fictional serial killer Hannibal Lecter after the Hollywood actor quipped that the ruddy-faced lawmaker appeared to be "inbred with a tomato."
- The Avengers heed call to visit teen battling cancer Updated: May-24-16 10:29 pm
EL CAJON, California - Each night, 18-year-old Ryan Wilcox sleeps under a portrait of himself dressed as Captain America - the pinnacle of human strength and endurance.
- Ex-Education Secretary Duncan named to Lucas Museum board Updated: May-24-16 2:31 pm
CHICAGO - Former U.S. Education Secretary Arne Duncan has been named to the board of directors for the museum that "Star Wars" director George Lucas hopes to build along Chicago's lakefront.
- Man pleads guilty in Pennsylvania in celebrity hacking case Updated: May-24-16 2:09 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A Pennsylvania man pleaded guilty Tuesday to hacking into the email and online accounts of several female celebrities and stealing private information, including nude photos and videos.
- 'Grey's Anatomy' actor helps produce BET documentary Updated: May-24-16 11:31 am
NEW YORK - Actor Jesse Williams says he sees BET's documentary premiering Thursday on the Black Lives Matter movement as a time capsule capturing the conditions that led to the group's formation.
- Burt Kwouk, veteran of the 'Pink Panther' movies, dies at 85 Updated: May-24-16 11:15 am
LONDON - Burt Kwouk, an actor who played martial arts expert Cato in the comic "Pink Panther" films, has died. He was 85.
- PBS to air film of American couple that defied Nazis Updated: May-24-16 10:14 am
NEW YORK - PBS will air a film in September about an American couple that spent two years rescuing Jews in Europe before and after the start of World War II, made by the couple's grandson with documentarian Ken Burns.
- UK actor Ian McKellen: 'India needs to grow up' about gays Updated: May-24-16 6:04 am
MUMBAI, India - British actor Ian McKellen has criticized India's use of a British colonial law to crack down on homosexuals, saying in an interview with a Mumbai newspaper published Tuesday that "India needs to grow up."
- Political thriller 'Public Affairs' to be filmed in Virginia Updated: May-24-16 5:01 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - It's "lights, camera, action" for Norfolk.