- 'Happy Together' copyright dispute in NY top court Updated: May-03-16 10:48 pm
ALBANY, New York - New York's highest court has agreed to rule on a case pitting the owner of The Turtles' 1967 hit "Happy Together" against Sirius XM Radio.
- The Latest: Sanders gets delegate boost; challenge remains Updated: May-03-16 10:47 pm
WASHINGTON - The Latest on campaign 2016 as voters in Indiana head to the polls for the state primary (all times Eastern):
- Former Prince assistant says he was healthy, energetic Updated: May-03-16 10:42 pm
NEW YORK - A former assistant to Prince until last year has spent the days since his death trying to figure out how her boss, whom she described as very healthy, could have died so suddenly, adding that she never saw him ingest any drugs during her employ.
- Broadway musical 'Hamilton' does what it always does - stuns Updated: May-03-16 7:52 pm
NEW YORK - The Tony Awards are being nicknamed this year the "Hamil-Tonys" in recognition that "Hamilton" is the show to beat. That was proven again Tuesday.
- 911 calls to Prince estate ranged from mundane to serious Updated: May-03-16 7:16 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Authorities and emergency responders were called to Prince's suburban Minneapolis home over the last five years for everything from mundane reports of tripped fire alarms to more serious medical calls, a log released Tuesday shows.
- The Latest: Detective seeks records on Prince airport stop Updated: May-03-16 6:55 pm
CHANHASSEN, Minnesota - The Latest on the investigation into Prince's death (all times local):
- Dear Mama: Afeni Shakur, mother of rapper Tupac Shakur, dies Updated: May-03-16 5:34 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Afeni Shakur, the former Black Panther who inspired the work of her son, rap icon Tupac Shakur, and fostered his legacy for decades after he was slain, has died of an apparent heart attack, authorities said Tuesday. She was 69.
- Minnesota radio station arranges Prince song simulcast in US Updated: May-03-16 4:52 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - A Minnesota radio station is arranging a nationwide simulcast of a Prince song to honor the late music superstar.
- Prince's death: The view from front lines of drug epidemic Updated: May-03-16 4:07 pm
NEW YORK - On the front lines of America's fight against a drug-abuse epidemic, there have been emotional, sometimes contradictory reactions to news that investigators are looking into whether Prince died of an overdose.
- Netrebko's 'Norma' decision causes soprano merry-go-round Updated: May-03-16 3:26 pm
NEW YORK - Anna Netrebko's decision not to sing the title role in Bellini's "Norma" has led to a merry-go-round of soprano cast changes at the world's leading opera houses.
- Radiohead releases 'Burn The Witch' ahead of world tour Updated: May-03-16 1:25 pm
Radiohead has put out a new song ahead of a world tour that opens later this month.
- Correction: Asbury Park-New Hotel story Updated: May-03-16 12:57 pm
ASBURY PARK, New Jersey - In a story May 1 about a new hotel set to open in Asbury Park, The Associated Press reported erroneously on one of the reasons visitor Madeleine Berk loves the city. She cited the music scene, not the food.
- Daryl Hall drops plans for outdoor stage at New York venue Updated: May-03-16 12:20 pm
PAWLING, New York - Musician Daryl Hall of Hall and Oates has dropped plans to host outdoor concerts at his music venue and restaurant in upstate New York.
- Stones, Dylan, McCartney play Coachella site in October Updated: May-03-16 11:54 am
LOS ANGELES - Boomer-chella is on.
- Eurovision song contest heads to US airwaves Updated: May-03-16 10:50 am
GENEVA - The Eurovision song contest, where stars like Julio Iglesias and Celine Dion first gained international fame, is getting a spot on U.S. airwaves for the first time.
- Romania PM names new minister to handle bitter opera dispute Updated: May-03-16 10:50 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - In a chain of incidents worthy of an opera, Romania's culture minister resigned because of dispute involving the fiancÃ© of a star ballerina, then decided to stay - only to be fired on Tuesday.
- Concerts in Tennessee to live-stream in Chicago Updated: May-03-16 10:42 am
Three concerts will be live-streamed from Tennessee into high-traffic areas in Chicago later this month in what promoters are calling "the first long-distance concert of its kind."
- Bassist: Prince found 'real happiness' as Jehovah's Witness Updated: May-03-16 10:22 am
MINNETONKA, Minnesota - Music megastar Prince was known for throwing parties that stretched into the wee hours of the morning, but his faith and the Bible could also keep him gabbing until sunrise, according to his longtime friend and "spiritual brother," bassist Larry Graham.
- Institute of Hawaiian Music earns 2 nominations for CD Updated: May-03-16 9:16 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - A Maui-based program that provides students with an opportunity to study under award-winning musicians has been nominated for two Na Hoku Hanohano awards.
- Dwyane Wade 'honored' to be Prince's favorite player Updated: May-03-16 6:56 am
Dwyane Wade says he's feeling "all kinds of emotions" after hearing that he was Prince's favorite basketball player.
- North Dakota man plows Prince's symbol in farm field Updated: May-02-16 9:25 pm
EDGELEY, North Dakota - A retiree in a tiny community in North Dakota has paid tribute to Prince in perhaps the most unique way a farmer can.
- Silver reigns on Met Gala red carpet Updated: May-02-16 7:44 pm
NEW YORK - Met Gala grande dame Anna Wintour was the first to arrive on the red carpet Monday, in a fringed, white body-hugging gown by Chanel and acknowledging her life is not a great example of the evening's theme, the convergence of man and machine.
- Judge: Jail visitation restrictions on Suge Knight are valid Updated: May-02-16 7:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - A judge rejected a motion by Marion "Suge" Knight's attorney to restore the former rap mogul's visits with family and receive mail and phone calls while he awaits trial in a murder case.
- Man accused in killing of camper, yoga teacher pleads guilty Updated: May-02-16 6:35 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - One of three young transients accused of killing a Canadian who was camping during a music festival and a yoga teacher who was walking a dog pleaded guilty to second-degree murder on Monday.
- Remo Belli, musician who pioneered synthetic drumheads, dies Updated: May-02-16 5:47 pm
PASADENA, California - Remo Belli, a musician who pioneered the synthetic drumhead in time to help a generation of rock-and-rollers shape their sound and then saw it become standard on kits across genres, has died in California.