- NYC Opera announces 1st full season after bankruptcy Updated: May-24-16 4:01 pm
NEW YORK - The revived New York City Opera announced its first full season following its emergence from bankruptcy, planning 28 performances of six works in 2016-17 that include the U.S. debut of Antonio de Literes' "Los Elementos" and area premieres of Peter Eotvos' "Angels in America" and Tobin Stokes' "Fallujah."
- Former Yankees OF Williams reinventing himself as a musician Updated: May-24-16 2:13 pm
WASHINGTON - Bernie Williams stopped being a baseball player in 2006. Being a musician, however, is his lifelong endeavor.
- Tragically Hip's Gord Downie diagnosed with terminal cancer Updated: May-24-16 1:07 pm
TORONTO - Canadian rootsy rock band The Tragically Hip announced Tuesday that its lead singer, Gord Downie, has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
- Prince estate claimants object to undergoing genetic testing Updated: May-24-16 12:31 pm
CHASKA, Minnesota - Two people claiming to be heirs of Prince's estate are objecting to having to take blood and genetic tests to prove their relationship to the musician.
- Pharrell Williams produces Little Big Town's upcoming record Updated: May-24-16 11:41 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Hit music producer and artist Pharrell Williams has produced the next album for country quartet Little Big Town, who will perform the first single on Tuesday's season finale of "The Voice" on NBC.
- Paris attack victims' families meet investigators Updated: May-24-16 11:09 am
PARIS - Survivors and families of the 130 victims of last November's Islamic extremist attacks in Paris have met for the first time with six magistrates investigating what happened that horrifying night.
- Instrument stolen from Missoula Symphony violinist Updated: May-24-16 10:59 am
MISSOULA, Montana - A University of Montana senior and principal second violinist for the Missoula Symphony Orchestra says her instrument was stolen from her car.
- Lady Antebellum to host televised ACM Honors show Updated: May-24-16 9:00 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Grammy-winning country group Lady Antebellum will host the 10th annual ACM Honors show, which will be televised for the first time.
- Beyonce fans evacuate stadium due to storm threat Updated: May-24-16 7:03 am
MINNEAPOLIS - The threat of severe weather temporarily forced Beyonce fans to evacuate an outdoor stadium in Minneapolis just before the concert was scheduled to start.
- Grand Rapids music center starts public phase of fundraising Updated: May-24-16 2:39 am
GRAND RAPIDS, Michigan - A music center in Grand Rapids has started the public phase of a $5.5 million fundraising campaign that seeks to raise money for renovations and an endowment.
- Indiana Black Expo to honor singer Warwick as living legend Updated: May-23-16 10:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana Black Expo will honor Grammy Award-winning singer Dionne Warwick at its Summer Celebration in July.
- Son of Arkansas governor arrested at Alabama music festival Updated: May-23-16 8:13 pm
GULF SHORES, Alabama - Police in coastal Alabama say the son of Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson was arrested on drug charges at The Hangout music festival.
- Madonna responds to critics of her Prince tribute Updated: May-23-16 5:05 pm
Madonna is dismissing critics of her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards with style.
- Songs for the dying: Hospice choirs provide peace, comfort Updated: May-23-16 4:49 pm
NEWTON, Massachusetts - The singers enter single file, taking slow, deliberate steps as they intone a soft melody.
- VH1's Hip Hop Honors returns, focusing on the ladies Updated: May-23-16 4:42 pm
NEW YORK - It's been six years, but VH1's Hip Hop Honors is returning to celebrate pioneers of the genre, and this time it's ladies first.
- David Mamet, David Yazbek premieres set for Atlantic Co. Updated: May-23-16 3:36 pm
NEW YORK - World premiere works from David Mamet and David Yazbek as well as a musical for kids by the co-composer of "Frozen" are some of the highlights of the Atlantic Theater Company's upcoming season.
- Zedd, The Chainsmokers to play Electric Daisy Carnival Updated: May-23-16 3:27 pm
LAS VEGAS - Zedd, The Chainsmokers, Tiesto, Kaskade, Paul Oakenfold and Martin Garrix will perform at the 20th annual Electric Daisy Carnival in Las Vegas in June.
- Kinston sax great Parker honored with North Carolina award Updated: May-23-16 3:19 pm
KINSTON, North Carolina - Gold records line the walls in the office of Maceo Parker's Kinston homestead, commemorating some of the hits the iconic saxophonist has played on over the past half-century. But Parker's most eye-catching artifacts are the pictures of him with various members of the celebrity jet stream.
- Japan singer in coma after being stabbed 20 times by fan Updated: May-23-16 12:27 pm
TOKYO - A part-time Japanese pop singer is in a coma after being stabbed about 20 times by a fan near a concert site, police said Monday.
- Dan Rather to host program on fallen musicians Updated: May-23-16 11:19 am
NEW YORK - Dan Rather will host an hour-long television special in two weeks on five musicians who have died within the past 13 months, featuring his own interview with the late Merle Haggard.
- Madonna honors Prince, Dion inspires at Billboard Awards Updated: May-23-16 9:57 am
This year's Billboard Music Awards promised to be heavy on emotion during its biggest performances by iconic artists such as Celine Dion and Madonna. And they certainly delivered on Sunday night at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas with a political statement about transgender rights, a tender Prince tribute and Dion's return after personal losses. These are the most memorable moments of the night.
- Detroit Symphony Orchestra gets $2M for community concerts Updated: May-23-16 6:17 am
DETROIT - A $2 million gift to the Detroit Symphony Orchestra will help support free community concerts.
- Madonna, Stevie Wonder pay homage to Prince at Billboard Updated: May-22-16 11:40 pm
Madonna paid homage to Prince by wearing his signature color and bringing another icon - Stevie Wonder - onstage to sing the classic "Purple Rain" at Sunday's Billboard Music Awards.
- Padres under fire for mishandling gay chorus' anthem Updated: May-22-16 10:09 pm
SAN DIEGO - The San Diego Gay Men's Chorus is criticizing the San Diego Padres for mishandling the group's scheduled performance of the national anthem.
- Ex-Megadeth drummer Nick Menza collapses on stage, dies Updated: May-22-16 8:55 pm
LOS ANGELES - Nick Menza, former drummer for the influential metal band Megadeth, died after collapsing on stage during a performance of his progressive jazz trio in Southern California, a family spokesman said Sunday.