- Texas research: speed dating, video more often lead to love Updated: Feb-13-16 3:58 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Some experts say speed dating or posting a video to an online profile is much more effective than a photo when looking for love.
- Man delivering newspapers while very drunk, cops say Updated: Feb-13-16 2:36 pm
PAW PAW, Michigan - A man delivering newspapers in a southwestern Michigan community created his own headline.
- Longtime Philadelphia journalist Acel Moore dies at 75 Updated: Feb-13-16 1:58 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A former reporter and columnist for the Philadelphia Inquirer who mentored scores of aspiring journalists and helped found local and national organizations that advocate for African-American journalists has died. Acel Moore was 75.
- Tech-shy Beacon Hill playing catch-up in new digital world Updated: Feb-13-16 9:44 am
BOSTON - Scan the horizon for tech-savvy locales and chances are you'll skip right over the 218-year-old Massachusetts Statehouse - more museum than incubator.
- Turkish media say Saudi Arabia, Turkey may strike in Syria Updated: Feb-13-16 9:32 am
ISTANBUL - Turkey's foreign minister says his country and Saudi Arabia may launch ground operations against the Islamic State group in Syria, Turkish media reported Saturday.
- The Latest: Pope briefly emerges to speak with well-wishers Updated: Feb-12-16 11:21 pm
HAVANA - The latest on Pope Francis's historic meeting in Cuba with Russian Orthodox Patriarch Kirill and his subsequent trip to Mexico (all times local):
- The Latest: US beats World 157-154 in Rising Stars Challenge Updated: Feb-12-16 11:04 pm
TORONTO - The Latest on Friday's events at the NBA's All-Star Weekend in Toronto (all times local):
- Senate defeats bill on student digital privacy rights Updated: Feb-12-16 6:23 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The state Senate rejected a bill that would have prohibited teachers and school officials from prying into students' private personal social media accounts after opponents voiced concern it would jeopardize school safety.
- Louisiana governor's speech stokes fears, threatens football Updated: Feb-12-16 6:21 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Gov. John Bel Edwards' talk of shuttered hospitals, college closures and a canceled football season for the LSU Tigers drew attention Friday to Louisiana's deep budget woes, mixed with criticism that the Democratic governor was fear-mongering.
- Facebook nude-painting case can face trial in France Updated: Feb-12-16 4:54 pm
PARIS - If you post a 19th-century nude painting on Facebook, is it art or impermissible nudity? That question is now cleared for trial in France, after an appeals court there ruled that an aggrieved user can sue the social network over the issue.
- Clinton counters Sanders with ad barrage in Minnesota Updated: Feb-12-16 4:05 pm
ST. PAUL, Minnesota - The Democratic contenders for the presidential nomination are taking their fight to Minnesota's airwaves.
- The Latest: Aid group says over 100,000 have fled Aleppo Updated: Feb-12-16 3:29 pm
BEIRUT - The Latest on the conflict in Syria and international diplomatic efforts to end the violence (all times local):
- John Nelson retires from Advocate-Messenger Updated: Feb-12-16 1:54 pm
DANVILLE, Kentucky - John A. Nelson, who has led the newsroom at The Advocate-Messenger in central Kentucky for nearly 20 years, has announced that he is retiring.
- Britain's Independent newspaper to cease print editions Updated: Feb-12-16 1:05 pm
LONDON - Britain's Independent newspaper will publish its last print edition next month as it makes a "historic transition" to digital-only format, its owner said Friday.
- Shkreli campaign for boss music collection rolls on Updated: Feb-12-16 12:21 pm
NEW YORK - Former pharmaceutical chief Martin Shkreli's campaign to build up an impressive music portfolio rolls on.
- Indiana University of Pennsylvania reassigns questioned dean Updated: Feb-12-16 12:19 pm
INDIANA, Pennsylvania - Indiana University of Pennsylvania has reassigned one of its deans after a newspaper questioned more than $35,000 in spending linked to him.
- Kanye's lyrics about Taylor Swift ignite new controversy Updated: Feb-12-16 11:39 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Kanye West's new album, "The Life Of Pablo," has ignited a new controversy between the rapper and pop superstar Taylor Swift.
- Obama recites love poem to wife on national television Updated: Feb-12-16 9:57 am
BURBANK, California - Someone call the fire department. It's about to get hot at the White House.
- Cop placed on leave after comment about activist's suicide Updated: Feb-12-16 8:03 am
FAIRBORN, Ohio - Officials say an Ohio police officer is being put on paid leave over a Facebook comment about a Black Lives Matter activist who killed himself on the Statehouse steps.
- English soccer set for another fan protest at Arsenal Updated: Feb-12-16 7:30 am
Fan protests have been the theme of the week in European soccer - and there could be another on the way in the most high-profile game in the English Premier League this weekend.
- Activists ask Emirates for contact with Jordanian journalist Updated: Feb-12-16 6:15 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - An international rights group is asking the United Arab Emirates to allow a Jordanian journalist believed to be held incommunicado by the country's security forces to contact a lawyer and his family.
- Indonesia warns messaging apps to drop same-sex emoticons Updated: Feb-12-16 12:14 am
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Human Rights Watch on Friday urged Indonesian President Joko "Jokowi" Widodo to protect gay and lesbian rights, a day after his government told instant messaging apps to remove stickers featuring same-sex couples in the latest high-profile attempt to discourage visible homosexuality in the socially conservative country.
- Aunt of teen accused in slaying charged with supplying gun Updated: Feb-11-16 6:48 pm
CHICAGO - Two years after a Facebook feud over a boy ended with one 14-year-old girl dead and another 14-year-old girl charged with murder, the aunt of the accused Chicago teen was arrested on federal charges that she supplied the gun.
- Myspace still exists? Yes, and now Time Inc. owns it Updated: Feb-11-16 6:07 pm
NEW YORK - Myspace still exists?
- Ireland slams threats to reporters covering Dublin gang war Updated: Feb-11-16 4:23 pm
DUBLIN - Two reporters covering the Dublin gang war have received death threats from criminals because of their work, but they won't be deterred from exposing Ireland's underworld, the country's largest newspaper group said Thursday.