- Texas education board candidate known for conspiracy posts Updated: May-24-16 3:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - She is a retired Texas schoolteacher who has claimed President Barack Obama is a gay prostitute, Democrats orchestrated the assassination of John F. Kennedy and that the flood from the biblical story of Noah's Ark is what destroyed the dinosaurs.
- No scoops for you: Bills media policy has many restrictions Updated: May-24-16 3:00 pm
ORCHARD PARK, New York - The Buffalo Bills have unveiled a wide-ranging policy restricting media from reporting on who threw an interception during practice or what someone might overhear during a post-practice team huddle.
- Coming soon to Twitter: More room to tweet Updated: May-24-16 2:54 pm
NEW YORK - Twitter is making some big changes, at least in the context of 140 characters or fewer.
- Actor-director Timothy Busfield will work at Michigan State Updated: May-24-16 2:34 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Emmy-winning actor Timothy Busfield will share his skills with students at Michigan State University.
- No exaggeration, NBC Preakness ratings up over last year Updated: May-24-16 2:29 pm
NEW YORK - Exaggerator's victory over Kentucky Derby winner Nyquist in the Preakness was watched on NBC by an average of more than 9.4 million people, a 6 percent increase over American Pharoah's victory last year in the second leg of the Triple Crown.
- The Latest: Serena Williams barely sweats in French Open win Updated: May-24-16 2:21 pm
PARIS - The Latest on the French Open (all times local):
- Tragically Hip's Gord Downie diagnosed with terminal cancer Updated: May-24-16 1:07 pm
TORONTO - Canadian rootsy rock band The Tragically Hip announced Tuesday that its lead singer, Gord Downie, has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer.
- Sumner Redstone names new confidantes to media empire Updated: May-24-16 12:20 pm
LOS ANGELES - Media mogul Sumner Redstone has appointed new confidantes to entities that control Viacom Inc. and CBS Corp., replacing Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman and lawyer George Abrams, whom he stripped of the roles last week.
- The Latest: Self-control urged, as ballot selfies are banned Updated: May-24-16 12:16 pm
ATLANTA - The Latest on Georgia's primary elections (all times local):
- Colombia says 2 more journalists missing in rough area Updated: May-24-16 12:13 pm
BOGOTA, Colombia - Two more journalists have gone missing in a lawless region in Colombia where security forces are already carrying out a massive search for a prominent Spanish journalist, President Juan Manuel Santos said Tuesday.
- Train engineer isn't legally allowed to drive motor vehicles Updated: May-24-16 11:07 am
NEW YORK - An engineer is operating trains along the nation's third-largest commuter railroad even though his driver's license has been suspended for 10 years because of a history of driving while intoxicated.
- The Baltimore Sun names Davis managing editor Updated: May-24-16 10:54 am
BALTIMORE - The Baltimore Sun has named its first African-American managing editor.
- Apple boss Tim Cook: Apps are future of TV Updated: May-24-16 9:19 am
AMSTERDAM - Apple CEO Tim Cook said Tuesday that apps are the future of television and that the company wants to help change the entertainment industry.
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers Updated: May-24-16 9:16 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Oklahoma newspapers:
- Editorial Roundup: Recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers Updated: May-24-16 9:01 am
Here are excerpts from recent editorials in Arkansas newspapers:
- Unnamed 'Oxygen Thief' becomes self-published success Updated: May-24-16 8:29 am
NEW YORK - The fair-skinned man with the hoodie and dark ski cap sits on a bench outside McNally Jackson Books in downtown Manhattan, where neither patrons nor employees seem aware that he's the author of a work so in demand at the store that it's often out of stock.
- Detroit police show off dance moves in Running Man Challenge Updated: May-24-16 6:21 am
DETROIT - The Detroit Police Department is having a little fun as part of the Running Man Challenge dance-off.
- Facebook drops news outlet input in 'trending topics' review Updated: May-24-16 2:36 am
LOS ANGELES - Facebook says it is dropping its reliance on news outlets to help determine what gets posted as a "trending topic" on the giant social network, a move adopted after a backlash over a report saying it suppressed conservative views.
- SOUTH CHINA SEA WATCH: China 'happy' US-Vietnam ties warming Updated: May-23-16 11:58 pm
A look at some recent key developments in the South China Sea, where China is pitted against smaller neighbors in territorial disputes over islands, coral reefs and lagoons in waters rich in fish and potential gas and oil reserves:
- Mexican journalist Lopez-Doriga to step down from newscast Updated: May-23-16 11:52 pm
MEXICO CITY - One of Mexico's best-known journalists says he will step down from his nightly newscast on the Televisa network in August.
- School threats could be latest in school "swatting" Updated: May-23-16 7:45 pm
DENVER - Threats made against schools across the United States led to the evacuation of students Monday in what could be the latest example of so-called "swatting" against schools.
- Police smile at 'Cops Suck' tattoo across man's knuckles Updated: May-23-16 5:49 pm
BANGOR, Maine - A police officer in Maine is getting a laugh out of a man's tattoo that says, "Cops Suck."
- Government favors open hearing in bridge co-conspirator case Updated: May-23-16 5:48 pm
NEWARK, New Jersey - Unsealed filings in the George Washington Bridge lane-closing case released Monday show federal prosecutors sided with media organizations in seeking a public hearing for an unidentified person trying to block the publication of a list of unindicted co-conspirators.
- Any Cabrera, veteran AP LatAm editor, reporter, dies at 60 Updated: May-23-16 5:42 pm
MEXICO CITY - Any Cabrera, a veteran AP journalist who covered many of Latin America's biggest stories during 33 years as a reporter and editor, died suddenly Monday morning at her home in Mexico City.
- Madonna responds to critics of her Prince tribute Updated: May-23-16 5:05 pm
Madonna is dismissing critics of her tribute to Prince at the Billboard Music Awards with style.