- Iran state media: Moderate bloc wins more seats in runoff Updated: Apr-30-16 2:53 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's moderate-reformist bloc secured more than 25 more seats in parliamentary runoff elections, according to a Saturday report on state TV.
- The Latest: 3rd round a graduation party for Bengals' Dunlap Updated: Apr-29-16 11:25 pm
CHICAGO - The Latest on the second day of the NFL draft (all times Eastern):
- Tunsil tries to tamp down furor regarding his draft freefall Updated: Apr-29-16 11:06 pm
DAVIE, Florida - Laremy Tunsil kept repeating the same answer to questions about his freefall in the NFL draft, the social media hacking that cost him millions and the investigation he stirred at Ole Miss.
- California media specialist, Republican aide dies at age 38 Updated: Apr-29-16 9:28 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Julie Soderlund, a California communications strategist and aide to high-ranking Republicans including former Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger, died Thursday at the age of 38 after a nine-month battle with cancer.
- Ole Miss to investigate Tunsil's comments on receiving cash Updated: Apr-29-16 6:27 pm
Laremy Tunsil said enough about Mississippi at the NFL draft for the university to launch an investigation into his time at the school. Now, the former Rebel offensive lineman only wants to talk about his new team, the Miami Dolphins.
- Ohio schools close over misinterpretation of video threat Updated: Apr-29-16 6:00 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - Six Ohio school districts closed on Friday while authorities investigated what turned out to be a misinterpretation of an anonymous video threatening the safety of "American students."
- TV pundit who claimed CIA ties pleads guilty to fraud Updated: Apr-29-16 5:40 pm
ALEXANDRIA, Virginia - Former cable news pundit Wayne Simmons admits he's a fraud. And he admits he's a felon. But despite all evidence to the contrary, he remains adamant that he was a CIA man.
- The Latest: Video threatening US students posted from Europe Updated: Apr-29-16 4:40 pm
ATHENS, Ohio - The Latest on a video threat connected to Ohio University (all times local):
- Man shot at TV station charged with arson, other charges Updated: Apr-29-16 1:50 pm
BALTIMORE - Criminal charges have been filed against a man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb, authorities said Friday.
- The Latest: Dad: Son with fake bomb thought world was ending Updated: Apr-29-16 1:24 pm
BALTIMORE - The Latest on Alex Brizzi, the man shot and wounded by police after walking into a Baltimore TV station wearing an animal costume and a fake bomb (all times local):
- Report: Small blaze hits Paris building; no injuries Updated: Apr-29-16 11:44 am
PARIS - French radio says a small blaze broke out in a building under renovation near a major Paris train station.
- New Virginia voter registration form wins approval Updated: Apr-29-16 8:51 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - The State Board of Elections has voted to overhaul Virginia's voter registration form to make it easier for residents to vote.
- Sri Lankan protest demands new probe of journalist's killing Updated: Apr-29-16 8:41 am
COLOMBO, Sri Lanka - Hundreds of journalists and media rights activists protested on Friday to demand Sri Lanka's new government start a fresh investigation into the abduction and killing of a prominent ethnic Tamil journalist 11 years ago, during the country's civil war.
- Hacked: After bizarre video Tunsil's NFL draft stock drops Updated: Apr-29-16 7:46 am
Laremy Tunsil tumbled down the NFL draft board Thursday night after a bizarre video of him was posted on his Twitter account minutes before the start of the proceedings, potentially costing the offensive lineman millions of dollars.
- University of Memphis journalism students to cover Olympics Updated: Apr-29-16 4:31 am
MEMPHIS, Tennessee - The University of Memphis says 14 of its journalism students will travel to Rio De Janeiro to cover the Summer Olympics.
- Blackie Sherrod, longtime Texas sports writer, dead at 96 Updated: Apr-28-16 8:48 pm
DALLAS - The East Coast had Red Smith. The West Coast had Jim Murray. Texas had Blackie Sherrod.
- Man charged with stealing $23,000 from woman on social media Updated: Apr-28-16 8:19 pm
NEW CARROLLTON, Maryland - Maryland State Police have arrested a man they say fraudulently obtained $23,000 from a woman he contacted on social media.
- Rutgers reporter asks Obama for interview - and gets it Updated: Apr-28-16 7:58 pm
WASHINGTON - A college reporter spending time at the White House has landed what many beat reporters long for: an interview with President Barack Obama.
- FBI: 'Argument can be made' fake AP story broke rules Updated: Apr-28-16 7:11 pm
WASHINGTON - FBI officials say there's no clear evidence the agency violated its own rules when it posed as The Associated Press to unmask a criminal, according to a report obtained through a public records lawsuit.
- The Latest: Businessman withdraws reward in Ohio shootings Updated: Apr-28-16 5:26 pm
PIKETON, Ohio - The Latest on the developments in the killings of eight family members in southern Ohio (all times local):
- Mom convicted of creating public nuisance for Facebook post Updated: Apr-28-16 5:02 pm
ROSWELL, New Mexico - A New Mexico woman has been convicted of creating a public nuisance by posting an online comment about the possibility of a shooting at her son's middle school.
- Comcast buying DreamWorks Animation for about $3.55B Updated: Apr-28-16 3:44 pm
NEW YORK - Comcast is buying DreamWorks Animation, the film company behind the "Shrek," ''Madagascar" and "Kung Fu Panda" franchises, for approximately $3.55 billion, strengthening its presence in the important and growing business of children's entertainment.
- Dodgers radio announcers Monday and Steiner sign new deals Updated: Apr-28-16 2:51 pm
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles Dodgers broadcasters Rick Monday and Charley Steiner have signed multi-year deals to continue their 12-year partnership on the team's flagship radio station.
- Instagram videos lead to arrest in reckless driving case Updated: Apr-28-16 1:57 pm
NEW HAVEN, Connecticut - Connecticut State Police say a man's own Instagram videos led to his arrest in a reckless driving investigation.
- Iraqi authorities shut down Al Jazeera's Baghdad bureau Updated: Apr-28-16 1:19 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The Al Jazeera Media Network says Iraqi authorities have shut down their bureau in Baghdad and banned its journalists from reporting in the country.