- Local community radio blasts into Eastern Oregon Updated: Jun-02-15 4:34 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - Broadcast radio has long relied on weather as a source of content for local audiences.
- Donation little hindrance to Stephanopoulos interviews Updated: Jun-02-15 4:32 pm
NEW YORK - Newly declared Republican presidential candidate Lindsey Graham's interview with George Stephanopoulos on "Good Morning America" Tuesday is the latest sign that the ABC anchor's donations to the Clinton Foundation seem not to have impeded his coverage of the upcoming presidential elections.
- Shopify says Pinterest will have 'buyable pins' Updated: Jun-02-15 3:43 pm
NEW YORK - Pinterest will be able to buy items they like using a new type of pin, Pinterest and e-commerce company Shopify said Tuesday.
- Dick O'Regan, longtime AP reporter and executive, dies at 95 Updated: Jun-02-15 2:56 pm
BERLIN - Richard A. "Dick" O'Regan, who covered some of the biggest stories of the Cold War in a 39-year career as a reporter and executive for The Associated Press, has died. He was 95.
- Tennessee TV station won't run ad promoting gay marriage Updated: Jun-02-15 1:58 pm
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - A Chattanooga television station won't run an advertisement in support of gay marriage.
- Kim Kardashian says dress caught fire; Pharrell rescued her Updated: Jun-02-15 12:32 pm
NEW YORK - It's an eventful time for Kim Kardashian: A new baby coming, a huge transition for her stepfather, and now a fire emergency, with none other than Pharrell and his wife to the rescue.
- Media group to Turkey's Erdogan: Stop 'bullying' journalists Updated: Jun-02-15 8:55 am
ANKARA, Turkey - Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Tuesday filed a legal complaint against a newspaper and its editor for publishing images of alleged arms-smuggling to Syria, despite criticism from a media freedom group who called on him to stop "bullying" journalists.
- Florida 9th grader accused of threatening teacher on Twitter Updated: Jun-02-15 7:58 am
WINTER PARK, Florida - A ninth grade student at a central Florida high school is accused of making threatening comments about a teacher on Twitter.
- Kim Kardashian, Kendall Jenner react to Caitlyn Jenner Updated: Jun-01-15 8:19 pm
NEW YORK - Caitlyn Jenner's loved ones were among numerous well-wishers to support her coming out Monday in Vanity Fair.
- Dean Lehman resigns as Times-Call editor Updated: Jun-01-15 8:04 pm
LONGMONT, Colorado - Dean Lehman, editor and publisher of the Longmont Times-Call and publisher of the Loveland Reporter-Herald, has announced his resignation from the newspaper company effective Tuesday.
- Maine newspapers' sale complete; most employees offered jobs Updated: Jun-01-15 6:12 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - The sale of the Portland Press Herald, Kennebec Journal, Morning Sentinel and weekly Coastal Journal newspapers by financier and philanthropist Donald Sussman to MTM Acquisition was completed on Monday.
- NBC approaching 4 months without Williams decision Updated: Jun-01-15 5:10 pm
NEW YORK - As the four-month anniversary of Brian Williams' suspension for misrepresenting his experiences as a journalist nears, NBC News has remained mum on whether he will return as the network's top anchor, be cut loose or take on some other role for the news division.
- High court throws out conviction for Facebook threats Updated: Jun-01-15 4:27 pm
WASHINGTON - The Supreme Court on Monday threw out the conviction of a Pennsylvania man prosecuted for making threats on Facebook, but dodged the free-speech issues that had made the case intriguing to First Amendment advocates.
- Gannett acquiring 4 Pennsylvania newspaper companies Updated: Jun-01-15 3:58 pm
YORK, Pennsylvania - Gannett Co. has announced it is acquiring four newspapers in south-central Pennsylvania, including the York Daily Record/Sunday News, the largest of the group.
- KFC sues Chinese companies for online rumors about its food Updated: Jun-01-15 1:10 pm
BEIJING - Restaurant operator KFC said Monday it filed a lawsuit against three companies in China whose social media accounts spread false claims about its food, including that its chickens have eight legs.
- Charlie Rose to get university's 2015 Walter Cronkite Award Updated: Jun-01-15 12:56 pm
PHOENIX - Charlie Rose, anchor of "CBS This Morning" and host of a weekly interview show on PBS, will receive the 2015 Walter Cronkite Award for Excellence in Journalism from Arizona State University's Cronkite School.
- Austrian newspaper prints Nazi death notice, apologizes Updated: Jun-01-15 10:40 am
VIENNA - A major Austrian newspaper has apologized for printing a death notice that carried the Nazi elite troop rank of the deceased.
- 4 Serb ex-spies plead not guilty in 1999 journalist slaying Updated: Jun-01-15 10:17 am
BELGRADE, Serbia - Four former Serbian secret service officials have pleaded not guilty in the 1999 killing of a prominent journalist during late leader Slobodan Milosevic's autocratic rule.
- A roundup of recent Michigan newspaper editorials Updated: Jun-01-15 9:04 am
The Detroit News. May 26, 2015
- Google tries to demystify privacy controls with new approach Updated: Jun-01-15 8:53 am
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is making its privacy controls easier to find and understand in an attempt to make the more than 1 billion users of its digital services more comfortable about the personal information that they give the Internet's most powerful company.
- Turkey's Erdogan threatens editor over Syria truck pictures Updated: Jun-01-15 8:49 am
ANKARA, Turkey - In his latest attack on journalists, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan has threatened to make a newspaper editor "pay a high price" after his paper published images of what it said were Turkish trucks loaded with ammunition destined for militant groups in Syria.
- Group turns to Internet in hopes of saving factory building Updated: Jun-01-15 8:16 am
WINSTED, Connecticut - A non-profit group run by a former Winsted selectman has turned to the Internet in hopes of raising money to prevent the city from foreclosing on an old factory.
- Celebrities make splash with California drought awareness Updated: May-31-15 2:37 pm
LOS ANGELES - From drought-shaming to eco-boasting, willing or not, celebrities are playing a role in raising awareness about California's debilitating drought.
- It's a wrap for CBS' Bob Schieffer at 'Face the Nation' Updated: May-31-15 1:04 pm
WASHINGTON - Bob Schieffer won't see you next Sunday when CBS' "Face the Nation" airs with a new lineup of politicians and pundits.
- Myanmar detains journalists covering boat people 'rescue' Updated: May-31-15 11:59 am
BAY OF BENGAL, Myanmar - Myanmar's navy briefly detained journalists who tried to reach a remote island Sunday where more than 700 migrants were being held after their giant wooden ship was found drifting off the country's southwestern coast.