- Vermont urging poultry owners to prepare for disease Updated: Aug-04-15 4:40 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Agency of Agriculture is urging the state's poultry producers to prepare for the arrival of a disease usually fatal to poultry that is expected to reach the state this fall or next spring.
- Livestock Board aims to prevent virus spread at state fair Updated: Aug-03-15 11:55 pm
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - The Wyoming Livestock Board is requiring a certificate of veterinary inspection for livestock at the state fair in an effort to prevent the spread of a virus that can cause painful sores in infected animals.
- Vesicular stomatitis cases confirmed in South Dakota animals Updated: Jul-31-15 12:39 pm
PIERRE, South Dakota - South Dakota's Animal Industry Board says two cases of vesicular stomatitis virus have been confirmed in livestock in the western part of the state.
- Vesicular stomatitis confirmed in Wyoming horse Updated: Jul-23-15 11:05 am
CHEYENNE, Wyoming - A horse in Wyoming has tested positive for a virus that can cause painful sores in infected animals.
- Officials say Alcona County beef cattle herd has bovine TB Updated: Jul-23-15 10:53 am
LANSING, Michigan - Officials say a small beef cattle herd has tested positive for bovine tuberculosis in Alcona County.
- USDA: Bird flu vaccine works on chickens; testing on turkeys Updated: Jul-22-15 6:35 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Scientists have developed a vaccine strain that has tested 100 percent effective in protecting chickens from bird flu and testing is underway to see if it also protects turkeys, U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack told the House Agriculture Committee at a hearing on Wednesday.
- Vermont expands mosquito monitoring to all 14 counties Updated: Jul-16-15 3:41 pm
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont has expanded its monitoring for mosquito-borne West Nile virus and eastern equine encephalitis to all 14 counties this year, following the deaths of two people in 2012.
- Long recovery for bighorn sheep after disease outbreaks Updated: Jul-11-15 5:08 pm
DURANGO, Colorado - Although bighorn sheep numbers in southwest Colorado are stable, the population isn't growing - and that has biologists worried.
- Va. records 1st case of eastern equine encephalitis Updated: Jul-08-15 3:17 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginia has its first confirmed case of eastern equine encephalitis this year.
- No West Nile found in latest mosquito tests in Rhode Island Updated: Jul-07-15 10:34 am
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - State environmental officials say they did not find West Nile virus in the latest round of mosquito tests in Rhode Island.