- North Korea denies it apologized over mine blast Updated: Sep-02-15 12:06 am
SEOUL, South Korea - North Korea insisted on Tuesday that its recent expression of "regret" over a mine explosion that maimed two South Korean soldiers was not an apology, as Seoul claims it was.
- Iowa community honors Marine killed by 1969 land mine blast Updated: Aug-31-15 7:16 am
FAYETTE, Iowa - A northeast Iowa community has dedicated a memorial bench that honors a Marine who died more than 46 years ago while serving his county in what was South Vietnam.
- UN's Cambodian soldiers clear land mines in divided Cyprus Updated: Aug-26-15 9:28 am
MAMMARI, Cyprus - Cambodian army Lt. Sovannara Leang says helping clear ethnically-divided Cyprus of land mines has hit home with him.
- South Korea turns off propaganda as Koreas reach deal Updated: Aug-25-15 12:44 am
SEOUL, South Korea - After 40-plus-hours of talks, North and South Korea on Tuesday pulled back from the brink with an accord that allows both sides to save face and, for the moment, avert the bloodshed they've been threatening each other with for weeks.
- The Latest: Seoul to halt broadcasts; N Korea shows regret Updated: Aug-24-15 2:59 pm
SEOUL, South Korea - The latest on the tensions on the Korean Peninsula (all times local):
- Mobile replica of Vietnam Veterans Memorial headed to Iowa Updated: Aug-12-15 3:58 pm
HAWARDEN, Iowa - It has been more than 40 years since an Iowa man was killed in Vietnam after a land mine detonated beneath his vehicle, but his mother vividly remembers the moment she learned of his death.