- 3 buildings, shed, 3 acres burn at farm north of Las Vegas Updated: May-06-16 1:35 pm
MOAPA, Nevada - Fire officials are investigating the cause of an overnight fire that destroyed three buildings and a shed about 35 miles north of Las Vegas, and charred 3 acres of surrounding trees and farmland.
- Oklahoma County assessor confirms $330,000 in tornado damage Updated: May-06-16 12:21 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma County Assessor's Office says a tornado that hit parts of Oklahoma County last week caused more than $330,000 in damage.
- Three-alarm blaze destroys multi-family home in Somerville Updated: May-06-16 8:34 am
SOMERVILLE, Massachusetts - One man was hospitalized with minor injuries following a heavy fire that destroyed a nine-apartment building in Somerville.
- Tornado topples trees, snaps power lines near Wilmington Updated: May-06-16 6:54 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says a tornado struck northern New Hanover County, uprooting trees and damaging some homes.
- Iraq routed IS from Ramadi at a high cost: A city destroyed Updated: May-05-16 1:16 pm
RAMADI, Iraq - This is what victory looks like in the Iraqi city of Ramadi: In the once thriving Haji Ziad Square, not a single structure still stands. Turning in every direction yields a picture of devastation.
- Commercial building fire damages 3 businesses in Randolph Updated: May-05-16 3:03 am
RANDOLPH, Vermont - A three-alarm fire broke out at a commercial building housing three businesses in central Vermont and caused an estimated total of $400,000 in damage.
- Texas Crop Report Updated: May-04-16 3:53 pm
COLLEGE STATION, Texas - The following reports were compiled by AgriLife Extension Service for the week of May 3:
- Sitka rejects appeal of landslide-destroyed property value Updated: May-04-16 9:24 am
SITKA, Alaska - Sitka officials voted on Monday to uphold the city assessor's figure on the taxable value of a home that was destroyed by a deadly landslide last summer.
- Developers to secure funding for Kauai resort demolition Updated: May-04-16 8:53 am
LIHUE, Hawaii - Developers seeking to rebuild the former Coco Palms resort site on Kauai say they are close to securing funding for demolition of the property.
- Fire in Cambridge building causes $900,000 in damage Updated: May-03-16 8:33 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - Fire officials say a lightning strike may have sparked a fire that heavily damaged an American Legion post in Cambridge.
- More than 200 East Texas homes damaged, destroyed in storms Updated: May-03-16 2:34 pm
PALESTINE, Texas - More than 200 homes in East Texas were damaged or destroyed during last weekend's tornadoes and deadly flooding.
- Supervisors to consider airport repairs caused by flooding Updated: May-03-16 11:13 am
HATTIESBURG, Mississippi - The Forrest County Board of Supervisors is considering how to help out with Hattiesburg airport repairs caused by flooding last month.
- Fire destroys 2 businesses in Mount Vernon Updated: May-01-16 7:03 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Washington - Officials say an early Sunday morning fire has destroyed two businesses in Mount Vernon.
- Fire destroys Old Bridge home, damages 2 nearby residences Updated: May-01-16 2:15 pm
OLD BRIDGE, New Jersey - One home was destroyed and at least two others were severely damaged when a fast-moving fire broke out behind one of the residences in Old Bridge.
- Neighbors deny rescue of quake-buried man in Ecuador Updated: May-01-16 10:26 am
QUITO, Ecuador - Ecuadorean news media say relatives, neighbors and a nurse are denying reports that a 72-year-old man had been buried in his quake-damaged house for two weeks before being rescued.
- Ohio resort plans new lodge for building destroyed in fire Updated: May-01-16 9:13 am
ZANESFIELD, Ohio - The operator of a western Ohio ski resort is finalizing design plans for a $6.5 million lodge to replace a building destroyed by fire last September.
- Tornado damages buildings in East Texas Updated: Apr-29-16 9:05 pm
DALLAS - A tornado in East Texas caused severe damage and left some people injured Friday evening, as storms snaked their way across northern and eastern Texas and southern Oklahoma.
- The Latest: East Texas struck by tornadoes Updated: Apr-29-16 8:54 pm
NORMAN, Oklahoma - The Latest on severe weather in the central U.S. (all times local):
- The Latest: Firm says pipeline in fire was fine in 2012 Updated: Apr-29-16 4:47 pm
GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania - The Latest on a natural gas fire and explosion in western Pennsylvania (all times local):
- Fire destroys home in Southampton Township Updated: Apr-29-16 6:30 am
SOUTHAMPTON TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - No one was injured as fire destroyed a home in Southampton Township.
- Springfield condo fire displaces 1, causes $50K in damage Updated: Apr-29-16 4:33 am
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - Fire officials say a blaze that broke out at a condominium complex in Springfield's Forest Park Heights section displaced one person and caused $50,000 in damage.
- Tornado damages barn, 2 homes northwest of Indianapolis Updated: Apr-28-16 6:01 pm
ZIONSVILLE, Indiana - Authorities say a tornado damaged two homes and a metal barn northwest of Indianapolis.
- Rains wash out Kansas rail track, cause wastewater overflow Updated: Apr-28-16 1:40 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Heavy rain has washed out several sections of railroad track, damaged a small bridge and caused about 2.4 million gallons of untreated wastewater to be released into the Kansas River.
- Lightning blamed for blaze that destroyed a Kansas home Updated: Apr-28-16 7:37 am
OVERLAND PARK, Kansas - Authorities have confirmed that lightning caused a fire that destroyed a suburban Kansas City home.
- Officials: Haverhill church fire is 'definitely suspicious' Updated: Apr-28-16 7:26 am
HAVERHILL, Massachusetts - Fire officials have characterized a blaze that caused approximately $70,000 in damage to the exterior of a Massachusetts church as suspicious.