- 2 tornadoes damage trees in Michigan's Upper Peninsula Updated: May-25-16 5:28 am
REPUBLIC, Michigan - Officials say two tornadoes damaged trees as severe storms moved across Michigan's Upper Peninsula.
- Officials: At least 2 hurt, homes damaged in Kansas storms Updated: May-25-16 2:49 am
DODGE CITY, Kansas - Homes were damaged and at least two people were critically injured in Kansas amid severe storms that swept across the Plains, authorities said.
- Grand Forks area storm damage caused by microburst Updated: May-24-16 7:01 am
GRAND FORKS, North Dakota - The National Weather Service says weekend storm damage in parts of the Grand Forks area was caused by a microburst.
- Crews battle fire at former newspaper building in Burlington Updated: May-24-16 3:36 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - Fire officials say improperly discarded cigarettes are to blame for sparking a blaze at the former home of the Burlington Free Press newspaper that caused about $20,000 in damage.
- Oklahoma governor seeks severe weather disaster assistance Updated: May-23-16 5:27 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Gov. Mary Fallin is seeking disaster assistance for two Oklahoma counties that were hit hard by tornadoes, severe storms and flooding earlier this month.
- Columbus hospital to open long-awaited emergency department Updated: May-23-16 3:47 pm
COLUMBUS, Indiana - A southern Indiana hospital is wrapping up an expansion project that was delayed for several years after flash flooding in 2008 caused nearly $180 million in damage.
- Flood leaves many Fremont homeowners with damaged property Updated: May-23-16 2:19 pm
RIVERTON, Wyoming - Officials say four homes were destroyed and 200 more were damaged by flooding in Wyoming.
- Michigan church damaged by June tornado hosts service again Updated: May-23-16 9:24 am
PORTLAND, Michigan - A Michigan church that was badly damaged by a June tornado is again hosting services at its rebuilt building.
- Residents rebuilding nearly 1 year after Willow wildfire Updated: May-23-16 9:20 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - A group is working in Willow to help dozens of residents whose properties burned down in last year's Sockeye Fire to bring life back to their community.
- 5 residents displaced following blaze at Watertown home Updated: May-23-16 5:21 am
WATERTOWN, Massachusetts - A two-alarm blaze ripped through a multi-family home in suburban Boston over the weekend, destroying the building's first floor and displacing five residents.
- Haitian woman visits hospital where doctors rebuilt her face Updated: May-23-16 3:41 am
MIAMI - A Haitian woman who attracted widespread media attention 10 years ago for a 16-pound facial growth says she'd now like to work as a reporter, too.
- Survivors of tornado that leveled Missouri city look back Updated: May-21-16 10:40 am
KANSAS CITY, Missouri - A sky-darkening storm was working its way into southwest Missouri around dinnertime on a Sunday evening, zeroing in on the city of Joplin.
- Toyota plant in Texas halts production due to storm damage Updated: May-18-16 6:19 pm
SAN ANTONIO - A Toyota Motor Corp. assembly plant in San Antonio that makes Tundra and Tacoma pickup trucks has suspended production due to storm damage from a system that dumped up to 4 inches of rain.
- 1 dead, dozens hurt as 2 powerful aftershocks rattle Ecuador Updated: May-18-16 5:23 pm
QUITO, Ecuador - Two powerful earthquakes jolted Ecuador on Wednesday, causing one death and injuring dozens.
- Storm punches holes in new Lincoln middle school roof Updated: May-18-16 4:06 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Lincoln school officials say hail and rain from a storm last week caused extensive damage to a middle school that's under construction.
- Fine proposed for excavator blamed in Omaha explosion, fire Updated: May-17-16 11:20 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - Safety regulators have proposed fining a Minnesota excavation company that was drilling in Omaha's Old Market area when a natural gas-fueled fire destroyed a building.
- Fire severely damages 2 Jersey City apartment buildings Updated: May-17-16 10:54 am
JERSEY CITY, New Jersey - Authorities say a fast-moving fire that severely damaged two Jersey City apartment buildings left three people injured and displaced nearly 40 people.
- Water line rupture causes small landslide in Logan Updated: May-16-16 6:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A ruptured water line caused a small landslide that sent mud and debris barreling down a hill, much of it settling onto the backyard and porch of a Logan home.
- Rural school damaged by storms is structurally sound Updated: May-15-16 7:00 pm
FAIRFIELD, Nebraska - A rural Nebraska high school that was damaged in a storm last week has been cleared for use, but many repairs will be needed.
- Work set to begin on Mitchell Coca-Cola distribution plant Updated: May-14-16 1:16 pm
MITCHELL, South Dakota - Workers in Mitchell are preparing the land for a new $2.7 million Coca-Cola distribution plant, less than a year after the previous facility suffered heavy damage in an August fire.
- Buyers line up for 400 homes wrecked by Superstorm Sandy Updated: May-13-16 1:01 pm
BABYLON, New York - Matt Price and his wife, Carla, are gambling that the devastation inflicted by Superstorm Sandy will be their key to the American dream of home ownership.
- Chase ends in fire that damages cars, home in St. Louis Co. Updated: May-13-16 9:26 am
BERKELEY, Missouri - A St. Louis-area police officer and his ride-along passenger are hospitalized and a home badly damaged after a police chase ended in an accident that caused the home and two cars to catch fire.
- Fire officials: Oily rags behind blaze at historic Avon home Updated: May-13-16 7:02 am
AVON, Connecticut - Fire officials say a blaze that damaged a historic home in Avon earlier this week was sparked by the spontaneous combustion of oily rags that had been thrown in the garbage.
- Mississippi College plans to renovate arena Updated: May-13-16 6:21 am
CLINTON, Mississippi - Mississippi College plans to renovate its main on-campus arena this summer.
- Cleanup begins in western Kentucky after tornado damage Updated: May-11-16 2:26 pm
MAYFIELD, Kentucky - Business and home owners have begun cleaning up after severe storms spawned a tornado in western Kentucky and left at least 10 people with minor injuries.