- Presidential disaster signed for Iowa June storm damage Updated: Jul-31-15 5:19 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Nineteen Iowa counties will be getting federal help in their recovery from severe storms last month that delivered high wind, tornadoes, heavy rain, hail and thunderstorms
- Small tornado takes down trees, damages barn; misses houses Updated: Jul-31-15 1:05 pm
WARNER, New Hampshire - A tornado ripped through a small section of Warner, New Hampshire, damaging a barn, but missing houses and power lines.
- Authorities: 1 dead after house fire in St. Clair County Updated: Jul-31-15 9:22 am
KIMBALL TOWNSHIP, Michigan - Authorities say one person is dead following a house fire in St. Clair County that damaged two other homes and destroyed a car.
- Fire destroys home week before newlyweds were to move in Updated: Jul-30-15 4:46 am
WAYNE, New Jersey - A fire has destroyed a northern New Jersey house a week before a pair of newlyweds expected to move in.
- Officials say no US help for central Vermont flooding damage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:04 am
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont emergency management officials say the damage from flooding in central Vermont earlier this month did not cause enough damage to qualify for federal disaster assistance.
- 2 bodies found in vacant home destroyed in fire Updated: Jul-30-15 3:19 am
WARNER ROBINS, Georgia - The bodies of two men have been discovered inside a vacant Warner Robins home that was destroyed by a fire.
- Regional disaster response effort has roots in Minot flood Updated: Jul-28-15 7:48 am
MINOT, North Dakota - A faith-based effort to provide housing and equipment for recovery volunteers in Minot after the 2011 Souris River flood is transforming into a regional disaster response organization.
- $1.1M in flooding damage to Rapides Parish infrastructure Updated: Jul-28-15 4:05 am
ALEXANDRIA, Louisiana - Rapides Parish sustained more than $1 million in public costs related to recent flooding of the Red River, according to the latest estimate.
- 4-alarm blaze rips through Salt Lake City warehouse Updated: Jul-27-15 1:53 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - More than 50 fire crews helped to extinguish a four-alarm fire that quickly spread through a Salt Lake City warehouse.
- Recovery efforts continue from May flooding in Central Texas Updated: Jul-27-15 10:02 am
SAN MARCOS, Texas - Pastor Todd Salmi's sermon Sunday was on the book of Nehemiah and the rebuilding of Jerusalem. With the Memorial Day weekend floods that damaged or destroyed more than 2,200 homes in this area still at the top of most people's minds, it was only natural that he'd segue to the ongoing recovery efforts.
- Central ND town of Underwood begins cleanup after storm Updated: Jul-24-15 3:38 pm
UNDERWOOD, North Dakota - Residents in the central North Dakota town of Underwood are beginning to clean up debris following a storm Thursday night that knocked out power, destroyed vehicles and sparked fires.
- Storm leaves behind damaged buildings in southeast Nebraska Updated: Jul-24-15 9:07 am
WYMORE, Nebraska - An early morning thunderstorm packing strong winds damaged some buildings in southeast Nebraska's Gage County.
- Hailstorms cause millions in damage to wheat, grain crops Updated: Jul-24-15 8:04 am
GREAT FALLS, Montana - Farmers are harvesting what remains of their winter wheat after hailstorms in a northern Montana county earlier this month destroyed an estimated $7.5 million in crops.
- Mayor: Fire devastates Harpers Ferry's commercial area Updated: Jul-23-15 12:55 pm
HARPERS FERRY, West Virginia - The commercial area in historic Harpers Ferry was devastated early Thursday when a fire destroyed a building that housed at least a half dozen businesses, Mayor Gregory Vaughn said.
- Tornado mows down trees in Colorado forest Updated: Jul-23-15 10:52 am
DOUGLAS COUNTY, Colorado - A tornado barreled through a Colorado campground, mowing down trees over a 6-acre swath of forest.
- Priest: More than $1M in damage after LI church fire Updated: Jul-22-15 11:56 pm
WEST BABYLON, New York - Police on Long Island are investigating a fire that destroyed part of a West Babylon church.
- Crews razing tornado-damaged eastern Pennsylvania school Updated: Jul-22-15 8:14 am
HAMBURG, Pennsylvania - Crews are razing a tornado-damaged school in eastern Pennsylvania but hoping to salvage at least some of the items inside so it can be used later.
- Lexington emergency workers to assist in flood-damaged area Updated: Jul-22-15 6:58 am
LEXINGTON, Kentucky - A group of Lexington police, firefighters and paramedics will head to a flood-stricken area of eastern Kentucky to assist first-responders there.
- Fire destroys building housing Fort Dodge carpet business Updated: Jul-21-15 7:32 pm
FORT DODGE, Iowa - Fire has destroyed a Fort Dodge carpet business that has been in operation since the 1950s.
- Washington wildfires burn 1 home, threaten dozens of others Updated: Jul-21-15 6:18 pm
WALLA WALLA, Washington - Several wildfires lit up Washington state on Tuesday, destroying at least one home and threatening dozens of others.
- FEMA extends disaster period for June flooding, storm damage Updated: Jul-21-15 5:54 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Federal Emergency Management Agency has extended the timeframe for eligibility for disaster assistance due to last month's flooding and storm damage to public and private property.
- Repair work begins on Fairmount's storm-damaged water tower Updated: Jul-21-15 9:11 am
FAIRMOUNT, North Dakota - Repair work is underway on the storm-damaged water tower in the southeastern North Dakota community of Fairmount.
- Vermont officials list resources for those with flood damage Updated: Jul-20-15 5:23 pm
WATERBURY, Vermont - Vermont officials are outlining resources available to homeowners after flooding damaged dozens of homes in several communities, rendering some uninhabitable.
- Coroner: Pregnant woman, 2 children killed in Ohio flooding Updated: Jul-20-15 12:19 pm
RIPLEY, Ohio - A pregnant woman was killed along with two of her children when their mobile home was swept away during a weekend torrential downpour, a coroner said Monday as authorities began assessing damage to homes and roads in southern Ohio.
- Residents of Waubay region recovering from severe storm Updated: Jul-20-15 9:26 am
WAUBAY, South Dakota - Residents of the Waubay region are working to recover from heavy storm damage.