- Fire destroys 5-unit apartment in Laconia; no one injured Updated: Oct-09-15 5:50 pm
LACONIA, New Hampshire - A fire destroyed a three-story apartment building in Laconia, New Hampshire, but no injuries were reported.
- Vermont agency releases final report examining flood damage Updated: Oct-09-15 5:24 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - The Vermont Economic Resiliency Initiative has released its final report examining flood damage and its potential impact on individual towns across the state.
- Fire causes $20,000 in damage to Fargo apartment building Updated: Oct-09-15 9:44 am
FARGO, North Dakota - No one was hurt in a fire that caused an estimated $20,000 in damage to an apartment building in Fargo.
- Sussex County requesting damage claims after storm Updated: Oct-09-15 4:05 am
GEORGETOWN, Delaware - Sussex County residents affected by last week's storm are being asked to submit damage claims.
- Deadline next week to seek assistance for July storm damage Updated: Oct-08-15 4:01 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - People who sustained losses in July storms in Kentucky have a few more days to register with the Federal Emergency Management Agency for assistance.
- Calif. wildfire that killed 4, burned homes fully contained Updated: Oct-07-15 11:37 pm
MIDDLETOWN, California - A destructive wildfire in Northern California that killed 4 and destroyed more than 1,000 homes has been fully contained more than three weeks after it broke out.
- Fire destroys 5 businesses as it spreads across block in LA Updated: Oct-07-15 9:47 am
LOS ANGELES - A late-night fire burned across an entire block of businesses in South Los Angeles, destroying five buildings and damaging two others.
- Las Cruces residents scramble to deal with hail damage Updated: Oct-06-15 10:51 am
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The unusually large hail that recently pounded Las Cruces has residents scrambling to call insurance agents over damaged roofs and dented vehicles.
- 2 Fairfax homes destroyed by fire; 5 kids escape unharmed Updated: Oct-03-15 1:23 pm
FAIRFAX, Iowa - Fire officials say five children safely escaped from a fire that destroyed two homes in the eastern Iowa town of Fairfax.
- Homeowner hopes to rebuild textbook collection after fire Updated: Oct-02-15 11:33 am
COLUMBIA, Maryland - Over the course of a 41-year career as a math educator, Honi Bamberger amassed a wealth of textbooks and teaching supplies.
- Floodwaters damage hundreds of cars in northern New England Updated: Oct-01-15 1:17 pm
PORTLAND, Maine - A massive rainstorm that produced flash floods is proving costly for northern New England: Hundreds of cars were damaged by high water around the region, with some of them totaled and others needing expensive repairs, officials said Thursday.
- Storm damages buildings in Laurel's historic district Updated: Oct-01-15 9:21 am
LAUREL, Maryland - Authorities in Laurel say about a dozen buildings in the city's historic district were damaged by a storm.
- Nearly burned off map, Northern California town fights back Updated: Sep-27-15 6:33 pm
MOUNTAIN RANCH, California - Mountain Ranch is known as a Gold Rush-era, fiercely independent place, where many of its aging residents distrust the government and prefer to take matters into their own hands.
- City offering $200k in grants for 2011 tornado damage Updated: Sep-26-15 3:54 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - The city is offering financial support to owners of historic buildings damaged in the 2011 tornado that tore through western Massachusetts.
- Tornado heavily damages 10 homes in South Carolina Updated: Sep-25-15 5:08 pm
JOHNS ISLAND, South Carolina - A tornado quickly blew through a neighborhood on the South Carolina coast early Friday and blew out windows, knocked down trees and heavily damaged ten homes.
- VA hospital resumes normal operations following storm damage Updated: Sep-24-15 2:24 pm
PHOENIX - Officials at the Veterans Affairs hospital in Phoenix say damage from a monsoon storm has been at least temporarily repaired and that the facility has resumed normal operations.
- The Latest: Blaze's financial damage yet to be determined Updated: Sep-23-15 7:08 pm
JAMESBURG, California - The latest on California wildfires (all times local):
- Canyon Creek residents rebuilding after wildfire Updated: Sep-23-15 3:24 pm
PENDLETON, Oregon - When a massive thunderstorm rolled into Canyon Creek in August, Dean and Courtney Fox didn't know it would reduce their home to ashes.
- More cleanup efforts planned at storm-damaged trail system Updated: Sep-23-15 10:59 am
TRAVERSE CITY, Michigan - More cleanup efforts are planned for a trail system in Michigan's northern Lower Peninsula that was hit hard by severe thunderstorms last month.
- 2015: notable year for hurricane anniversaries in Louisiana Updated: Sep-23-15 10:09 am
NEW ORLEANS - Call 2015 the year of hurricane anniversary coincidence in Louisiana.
- Q&A: Things to know about wildfires in California Updated: Sep-22-15 7:50 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - A pair of deadly wildfires in California have destroyed at least 1,700 homes and killed five residents, ranking among the most destructive fires in state history.
- The Latest: 2 California fires destroy 2,800 buildings Updated: Sep-22-15 10:56 am
MIDDLETOWN, California - The latest on wildfires raging in California (all times local):
- Man hospitalized after fire damages Grand Island apartment Updated: Sep-22-15 7:07 am
GRAND ISLAND, Nebraska - A man has been hospitalized after a fire that damaged an apartment in Grand Island.
- 2 airlifted to hospital after house explodes in Waxahachie Updated: Sep-21-15 8:12 pm
WAXAHACHIE, Texas - Two people have been airlifted to a hospital after an explosion destroyed a home in North Texas and damaged about a dozen others, officials said.
- Officials: 26 cars damaged in fire at condo complex Updated: Sep-21-15 6:10 am
SAPPINGTON, Missouri - Authorities say 26 cars were damaged in a fire at a south St. Louis County condominium complex.