- Some Hispanics face ridicule over support for Trump Updated: May-26-16 11:38 am
ANAHEIM, California - Hispanic voters in Florida, New Mexico and California have waved Mexican flags and bashed Donald Trump piÃ±atas - clashing with police, at times - to protest the Republican presidential contender's hard line approach to immigration.
- Sanders asks supporters to help Feingold in Senate bid Updated: May-26-16 9:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Democratic presidential hopeful Bernie Sanders is asking his donors to support Russ Feingold's U.S. Senate bid.
- Oil tycoon, industry, congressman lured Trump to Bismarck Updated: May-26-16 9:50 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - It took North Dakota's oil industry group, the state's lone congressman and an oil billionaire from Oklahoma to lure Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump to Bismarck.
- Judge says voting rules won't change for August election Updated: May-26-16 9:31 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - A federal judge hearing challenges to Wisconsin's voter identification law says the rules for the August primary election will be the same as they were for the April presidential primary.
- Report traces arc of Hillary Clinton server, agency failures Updated: May-26-16 9:11 am
WASHINGTON - Eight days before Hillary Clinton took office as secretary of state in January 2009, an aide to former President Bill Clinton quietly registered a new internet address for the couple. That trivial but deliberate online purchase is the earliest known hint of the private email system that now plagues the presumptive Democratic nominee's presidential campaign.
- Trump holds first major presidential fundraiser in L.A. Updated: May-26-16 8:06 am
ANAHEIM, California - Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump entered a new phase of his campaign when he held his first major campaign fundraiser: a $25,000-per-ticket dinner in Los Angeles.
- Obama: World leaders rightfully 'rattled' by Trump Updated: May-26-16 7:35 am
SHIMA, Japan - President Barack Obama said Thursday that foreign leaders are "rattled" by Donald Trump and have good reason to feel that way, as he accused the presumptive Republican presidential nominee of ignorance about world affairs.
- With 1 delegate at stake, Kentucky re-examines its vote Updated: May-26-16 7:25 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - State election officials will re-examine vote totals from the Democratic presidential primary at the request of Bernie Sanders' campaign.
- Donald Trump hosts rally in Billings Thursday Updated: May-26-16 5:01 am
BILLINGS, Montana - Donald Trump plans a Thursday rally in Montana's largest city as the presumptive Republican presidential nominee seeks support from Treasure State voters.
- Trump vs. Sanders debate? The two are tossing idea around Updated: May-26-16 4:55 am
WASHINGTON - Chances are likely slim, but what about a Donald Trump-Bernie Sanders debate heading into the crucial June 7 California primary?
- Julian Castro to speak at Wendell Ford dinner next month Updated: May-26-16 4:04 am
FRANKFORT, Kentucky - U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development Secretary Julian Castro will be the featured speaker at the annual Wendell Ford dinner sponsored by the Kentucky Democratic Party.
- State Department email report complicates Clinton's message Updated: May-26-16 3:26 am
SALINAS, California - Hillary Clinton is telling voters not to trust Donald Trump, but a new government report about her usage of a private server as secretary of state is complicating that message.
- The Latest: Bill on voting hours heads to Ohio governor Updated: May-25-16 11:08 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The Latest on legislative activity at the Ohio Statehouse as lawmakers seek to wrap up work before their summer break (all times local):
- The Weeknd, Belly cancel Kimmel performance because of Trump Updated: May-25-16 10:27 pm
NEW YORK - R&B singer The Weeknd and rapper Belly have canceled their performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" because Donald Trump was set to appear on the episode.
- Eight protesters arrested outside California Trump rally Updated: May-25-16 8:28 pm
ANAHEIM, California - Several dozen people protested and eight were arrested Wednesday outside a Donald Trump rally in California where the demonstrators were outnumbered by police aiming to prevent the kind of trouble seen at other rallies for the candidate.
- Hillary Clinton opening campaign office in South Dakota Updated: May-25-16 8:07 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - Former Texas state Sen. Wendy Davis is campaigning for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton at the opening of her first South Dakota office.
- Trump backed by US Rep. Zinke on eve of Montana rally Updated: May-25-16 6:26 pm
BILLINGS, Montana - Rep. Ryan Zinke on Wednesday became the most prominent Montana Republican to endorse Donald Trump - one day before the presumptive nominee for the Republican presidential nomination arrives to rally supporters in the Treasure State.
- The Latest: Police detain some protesters outside Trump talk Updated: May-25-16 6:17 pm
ANAHEIM, California - The Latest on a Donald Trump rally in Southern California (all times local):
- Kasich: Substitute courage for 'stupidity,' fear in politics Updated: May-25-16 5:58 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Republican Ohio Gov. John Kasich (KAY'-sik) lamented "the stupidity of politics" at his first public appearance since suspending his 2016 presidential campaign.
- The Latest: Groups oppose GOP convention protest area Updated: May-25-16 5:50 pm
CLEVELAND - The Latest on the designated a route for protest marches during the Republican National Convention (all times local):
- Judge gives Kansas a bit more time to register voters Updated: May-25-16 4:44 pm
WICHITA, Kansas - A federal judge has refused to stay an order requiring Kansas to add to voting rolls for federal elections thousands of Kansans who did not provide proof of citizenship when registering to vote at motor vehicle offices.
- Bill Clinton wraps up campaign swing in New Mexico Updated: May-25-16 4:36 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Former President Bill Clinton has wrapped up a two-day swing in New Mexico with a low-key rally at a packed Albuquerque community center.
- Bismarck police dedicate quarter of force for Trump speech Updated: May-25-16 2:47 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Police in Bismarck are dedicating about a quarter of their force for security when Republican presidential hopeful Donald Trump comes to North Dakota's capital city.
- Protest march route set for Republican National Convention Updated: May-25-16 12:32 pm
CLEVELAND - Cleveland has designated a route for protest marches during the Republican National Convention while leaving open the possibility that marches would be allowed outside the event zone surrounding the arena where it's being held.
- Capitol Hill Buzz: Democrats aim at Trump's tax returns Updated: May-25-16 11:16 am
WASHINGTON - Hmmm, wonder who he has in mind?