- Graham says he can win New Hampshire - and McCain agrees Updated: Aug-02-15 1:53 am
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - Sen. Lindsey Graham says he's confident he can win the Republican presidential primaries in New Hampshire and his home state of South Carolina, two of the first voting states in the nomination contest.
- Conservative donor Koch urges end to 'corporate cronyism' Updated: Aug-01-15 9:31 pm
DANA POINT, California - Billionaire industrialist and conservative political donor Charles Koch welcomed a group of roughly 450 like-minded fundraisers to one of his twice-annual conferences Saturday by challenging them to advocate for ending "corporate cronyism" - even if those policies help their businesses.
- US presidential hopeful Martin O'Malley visits Puerto Rico Updated: Aug-01-15 9:16 pm
SAN JUAN, Puerto Rico - Former Maryland Gov. Martin O'Malley became the first Democratic presidential candidate to make a campaign stop in Puerto Rico this year as part of an effort to woo Latino voters.
- Biden associates resume discussion about presidential run Updated: Aug-01-15 5:53 pm
WASHINGTON - Vice President Joe Biden's associates have resumed discussions about a 2016 presidential run after largely shelving such deliberations during his son's illness and following his death earlier this year.
- Ohio Gov. Kasich's family worth between $9M and $22M Updated: Aug-01-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio governor and Republican presidential hopeful John Kasich has publicly reported that he and his family are worth between $9 million and $22 million.
- Telemundo interviews Bush on wide range of topics Updated: Aug-01-15 2:47 pm
MIAMI - Republican presidential candidate Jeb Bush says he's not worried about running against Donald Trump for the nomination or the fact that the billionaire businessman is in first place in several national polls.
- Florida power company gave $1 million to pro-Bush super PAC Updated: Aug-01-15 2:23 pm
WASHINGTON - The largest Florida corporate donor to a super political action committee backing former Gov. Jeb Bush's presidential run is NextEra Energy Inc., the company that owns electric utility giant Florida Power & Light.
- Clinton releases tax, medical records as emails made public Updated: Aug-01-15 3:21 am
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband paid close to $44 million in federal taxes since 2007 and she is in "excellent physical condition," two facts that emerged in a flood of disclosures from the campaign of the Democratic presidential candidate.
- Christie, others turn to McCain's town hall playbook in 2016 Updated: Aug-01-15 3:19 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - In the summer of 1999, John McCain didn't have many big names backing his campaign for president. He didn't have much money, either, and even resorted at one point to giving away ice cream to drum up a decent-size crowd.
- Hillary, Bill Clinton earn more than $139M between 2007-14 Updated: Jul-31-15 8:25 pm
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton and her husband, former President Bill Clinton, earned more than $139 million between 2007 and 2014, according to eight years of federal income tax returns released by her campaign on Friday.
- Huckabee earned nearly $4M from speeches, publishing in 2014 Updated: Jul-31-15 7:16 pm
DENVER - Former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee in 2014 earned nearly $1 million from giving speeches and nearly $3 million from a publishing company that he runs, according to financial records the Republican presidential filed Friday with federal regulators.
- Taking on Bush and Rubio, Clinton calls for Cuba embargo end Updated: Jul-31-15 4:16 pm
MIAMI - Drawing a sharp distinction with Republican rivals in the pivotal election state of Florida, Hillary Rodham Clinton on Friday called on the GOP-run Congress to end the trade embargo the U.S. has imposed on Cuba since 1962
- Walker super PAC raised $20 million Updated: Jul-31-15 3:45 pm
MADISON, Wisconsin - New federal filings show a super PAC supporting Gov. Scott Walker's bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination has raised a little more than $20 million over the first 11 weeks or so of its existence.
- Clinton's doctor says 2016 candidate in "excellent" health Updated: Jul-31-15 3:33 pm
WASHINGTON - Hillary Rodham Clinton's physician said Friday that the Democratic presidential candidate is in "excellent physical condition" and has completely recovered from the effects of a concussion she suffered in 2012.
- Uganda leader, in power for 3 decades, seeks re-election Updated: Jul-31-15 1:04 pm
KAMPALA, Uganda - Uganda's long-serving president on Friday declared his bid for re-election in 2016, saying the country needs him to stick around to continue its economic development.
- South Carolina senator backs Mark Kirk's re-election bid Updated: Jul-31-15 6:23 am
CHICAGO - South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham brought his Republican presidential campaign to Chicago's Pilsen neighborhood, where he voiced his support of Illinois Sen. Mark Kirk's bid for re-election.
- Aquino chooses Roxas as Philippine presidential candidate Updated: Jul-31-15 5:52 am
MANILA, Philippines - Philippine President Benigno Aquino III said Friday he had picked Interior Secretary Manuel "Mar" Roxas II as the administration candidate to succeed him in elections next year.
- What's considered 'classified' is a judgment call Updated: Jul-31-15 3:12 am
WASHINGTON - Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton is under scrutiny over whether she sent or received classified information on unsecured email when she was secretary of state. The inspector general of the U.S. intelligence community recently alerted the Justice Department about classified information included improperly on email that went through a home server Clinton used in lieu of the official State Department email system.
- Clinton charity donors surge amid Hillary Clinton's campaign Updated: Jul-30-15 10:25 pm
WASHINGTON - A new list of donors to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation shows a marked surge in donations and the numbers of contributors to the family charity in the first half of this year - at the same time that Hillary Rodham Clinton ramped up her campaign for the presidency.
- Trump's call for mass deportations runs into messy realities Updated: Jul-30-15 6:10 pm
NEW YORK - In one of his first forays into policy as a presidential candidate, Republican Donald Trump is calling for the deportation of all 11 million people estimated to be living in the country illegally and allowing what he calls "really good people" to return.
- Meeting unions, Clinton offers support for $12 minimum wage Updated: Jul-30-15 4:20 pm
SILVER SPRING, Maryland - Hillary Rodham Clinton on Thursday offered some support for a proposal in the Senate that would raise the federal minimum wage to $12 an hour, hinting that the higher rate sought by labor unions doesn't have enough support.
- Trump turns golf trip into extension of campaign trail Updated: Jul-30-15 1:55 pm
TURNBERRY, Scotland - Donald Trump turned a brief trip to a golf tournament in Scotland into an extension of his presidential campaign trail when he attended the Women's British Open at his plush Turnberry resort on Thursday.
- Jon Stewart signing off 'Daily Show' fake newscast for real Updated: Jul-30-15 1:31 pm
NEW YORK - After more than 16 years and nearly 2,600 telecasts, Jon Stewart can feel proud of his scads of Emmys and his pair of Peabody Awards, his cultural gravitas (he hung with the Prez, both on and off the air!), even his reprobate status at Fox News.
- Platini kicks off political fight for future of FIFA Updated: Jul-30-15 12:24 pm
GENEVA - Michel Platini hopes he made a decisive move early in the seven-month campaign to become FIFA president.
- Somalia president: No elections in 2016 Updated: Jul-30-15 6:11 am
MOGADISHU, Somalia - Somalia's president is ruling out the possibility of holding elections that are due next year, citing security challenges stemming from an Islamic insurgency. Opposition parties charge that that his government is taking advantage of poor security to extend its mandate through postponement of elections.