- Bryant's State of the State calls for 'blue-collar' tax cuts Updated: Jan-26-16 8:38 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant called for "blue-collar" tax cuts, public school choice and more spending on the state's troubled foster care system and crumbling highways during his annual State of the State address on Tuesday.
- Nebraska researchers to lead early childhood education study Updated: Jan-25-16 12:33 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Officials say University of Nebraska-Lincoln researchers will lead a $6.5 million study of policies and practices of early childhood education.
- Ohio plans 719 events to mark National School Choice Week Updated: Jan-24-16 3:03 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Ohio is among states marking National School Choice Week with an historic number of events this year.
- Nevada asks supreme court for speedy school choice appeal Updated: Jan-21-16 5:10 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Attorney General Adam Laxalt has filed a formal request that the Nevada Supreme Court speed up a decision about the state's halted school choice program.
- GOP lawmaker wants cap on private school tax credits Updated: Jan-18-16 1:51 pm
PHOENIX - An effort by some Republican lawmakers to roll back an annual 20 percent boost in the amount of corporate tax credits available for contributions to private school tuition organizations has returned this session.
- New York teachers union praise test changes in ad campaign Updated: Jan-18-16 8:01 am
ALBANY, New York - New York teachers are celebrating changes in state education policy with a 10-day, $1 million statewide media campaign.
- Ohio school board president wants smaller role for panel Updated: Jan-15-16 12:41 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - The head of the state school board recommended smaller roles for the panel he leads and the state superintendent, citing faults with the existing governance structure and concerns over too many groups having a hand in crafting Ohio education policy.
- School choice program approved for Blytheville schools Updated: Jan-15-16 10:15 am
BLYTHEVILLE, Arkansas - The Arkansas State Board of Education has approved a waiver for the Blytheville Public School District that will allow the district to participate in the public school choice program beginning in the 2016-17 school year.
- Top Nevada Republicans smooth over school choice suit spat Updated: Jan-14-16 8:03 pm
CARSON CITY, Nevada - Some of Nevada's top elected Republicans say they're setting aside their differences after a war of words last week over a school choice lawsuit.
- Mississippi governor pushes school choice at inauguration Updated: Jan-12-16 4:57 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - Mississippi Gov. Phil Bryant was inaugurated for a second and final term Tuesday and made his strongest pitch to date for letting parents use tax dollars to send children to schools of the family's choice.
- School district to adopt policy for transgender students Updated: Jan-12-16 4:24 am
CHERRY HILL, New Jersey - A southern New Jersey school district is set to adopt a policy allowing transgender students to use facilities associated with their gender identity.
- Idaho governor calls for bigger public education budget Updated: Jan-11-16 7:04 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Gov. C.L. "Butch" Otter began outlining his budget and policy priorities for Idaho lawmakers during his State of the State address Monday afternoon, naming public education yet again as his primary focus for the year.