- Kansas gets extension on No Child Left Behind waiver Updated: Jun-24-15 4:34 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas will get a three-year extension on its waiver from the federal No Child Left Behind law, the U.S. Department of Education said this week.
- Indiana awaits decision on waiver from federal education law Updated: Jun-24-15 12:10 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana education officials expect to know in the coming months whether the state will have continued flexibility from the requirements of federal No Child Left Behind law.
- NC school choice group may get OK to decide who gets money Updated: Jun-13-15 9:28 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - A non-profit group that has lobbied to increase public charter schools and private education vouchers could soon be in charge of allocating taxpayer money to new and proposed charters to help them launch.
- Lawmakers ask for less testing in education accountability Updated: Jun-04-15 10:10 am
SARATOGA, Wyoming - Lawmakers are asking for more flexibility in how schools are evaluated under the No Child Left Behind Act.
- Obama administration approves first waiver for tribal school Updated: Jun-01-15 3:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration for the first time on Monday granted an Indian tribe's school flexibility from some of the requirements of the No Child Left Behind education law.