- Russia declares US foundation 'undesirable' under new law Updated: Jul-28-15 1:07 pm
MOSCOW - Russian prosecutors on Tuesday moved to outlaw a prominent U.S. foundation, for the first time taking advantage of a new law designed to shut foreign groups deemed hostile to national interests amid a showdown with the West over Ukraine.
- Cambodian Senate OKs restrictions on non-government groups Updated: Jul-24-15 10:25 am
PHNOM PENH, Cambodia - Cambodia's Senate on Friday approved tight restrictions on non-governmental organizations, rejecting appeals from rights groups that say the law could be used for political repression.
- A Palestinian village braces for Israeli demolition Updated: Jul-24-15 2:45 am
SUSIYA, West Bank - Residents of this dusty village are bracing for Israeli bulldozers to come and knock down their makeshift homes of tarp, wood and wire any day now.
- American NGO MacArthur Foundation says it's leaving Russia Updated: Jul-22-15 5:43 am
MOSCOW - The MacArthur Foundation, a prominent American non-governmental organization that has operated in Russia for more than two decades, announced Wednesday it was leaving Russia because of the government's crackdown on foreign groups.
- UN approves accreditation for Palestinian Return Center Updated: Jul-20-15 11:46 pm
- UN accredits Freedom Now in a victory for the United States Updated: Jul-20-15 7:20 pm
UNITED NATIONS - The United Nations on Monday approved U.N. accreditation for the non-profit organization Freedom Now which works to free prisoners of conscience around the world in a victory for the United States and a defeat for China and other opponents.