- Muslim nations block gay groups from UN Aids conference Updated: May-18-16 7:22 pm
UNITED NATIONS - Major Western nations are protesting a move to block gay and transgender groups from attending a high-level United Nations conference on AIDS.
- Microsoft exec: No silver bullet to fight terror on internet Updated: May-11-16 5:00 pm
UNITED NATIONS - A Microsoft executive told the U.N. Security Council on Wednesday that "there is no silver bullet that will stop terrorist use of the Internet."
- UN rights experts criticize Chinese law on foreign NGOs Updated: May-03-16 12:56 pm
BERLIN - U.N. human rights experts have called on China to repeal a law tightening controls over foreign non-governmental organizations by subjecting them to close police supervision.
- China passes law tightening controls on foreign nonprofits Updated: Apr-28-16 7:11 pm
BEIJING - China passed a law Thursday tightening controls over foreign non-governmental organizations by subjecting them to close police supervision, a move officials say will help the groups but critics charge is the latest attempt by authorities to clamp down on perceived threats to the ruling Communist Party's control.
- China set to pass law tightening controls on foreign NGOs Updated: Apr-26-16 2:08 am
BEIJING - China's national legislature is poised to vote this week on a draft law criticized by overseas governments for tightening controls over foreign non-governmental groups by bringing them under direct police supervision.