- Spanish man in rush for plane causes Cologne security scare Updated: May-30-16 11:22 am
BERLIN - A Spanish man in a rush for his plane caused a security scare at Germany's Cologne-Bonn airport Monday when he skirted security screening, causing authorities to shut down and evacuate a terminal and stop all departures from it for more than two hours, police said.
- Risk to Wisconsin unemployment fund seen as still high Updated: May-29-16 10:57 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Wisconsin employers vastly overpaid for unemployment-related costs during the Great Recession because the state wasn't adequately prepared. And when the next big downturn comes, the state could face the same problem all over again.
- Barber still spending days with scissors, comb at 99 Updated: May-28-16 11:00 am
ELMER, New Jersey - Joseph Barca Sr. spent his 99th birthday with scissors and comb in hand at Barca's Barbershop Thursday, chatting with silver-crowned customers he's known since they were little boys.
- Man gets prison for molesting women during massage therapy Updated: May-27-16 9:27 am
WEST CHESTER, Pennsylvania - A massage therapist will spend 6½ to 13 years in prison for molesting women during massage sessions at an eastern Pennsylvania spa that's being sued as a result.
- Johnny Depp's daughter, Lily-Rose, face of new Chanel scent Updated: May-24-16 5:56 am
CANNES, France - Chanel has tapped Johnny Depp's 16-year-old daughter, Lily-Rose, to represent a new perfume.
- Man charged with butt injections that killed patient Updated: May-21-16 4:36 pm
MIAMI - A Venezuelan man was charged with administering buttocks-enhancement injections that killed a Miami woman in 2013.
- AP Analysis: Why junta rules Thailand, with no end in sight Updated: May-21-16 3:43 am
BANGKOK - Thailand's military seized power from an elected government on May 22, 2014, with the justification that it wanted to end chaotic and violent political confrontations that had wracked the country for years. But more than an attempt to restore stability was at play.
- Nebraska court rejects tanning salons' claims for tax refund Updated: May-20-16 11:44 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - The Nebraska Supreme Court has ruled that tanning salons cannot claim more than $1.7 million in tax refunds despite arguments that they shouldn't have been subject to the tax.
- Mourning in Sadr City, Baghdad's deadliest district Updated: May-18-16 2:08 pm
BAGHDAD - Among the dozens killed when a truck bomb struck a crowded market last week in Baghdad's Sadr City were two brothers, the only sons of Talib Jassum Issa, who got the news in a phone call just minutes after the attack.
- Pfizer buying skin drug maker Anacor for $5.2 billion Updated: May-16-16 2:54 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Pfizer is fortifying its key immunology and inflammation drug business, snapping up a small maker of skin disorder treatments for about $5.2 billion, weeks after the U.S. Treasury Department torpedoed Pfizer's planned $160 billion deal for Allergan PLC.
- Ruled 'broken,' Texas foster care system faces long overhaul Updated: May-14-16 9:37 pm
DALLAS - At 5, the girl identified as S.A. entered the Texas foster care system. Within months, she reported being raped by an older child. She was moved more than 45 times, including to psychiatric hospitals, and missed several chances for adoption because of paperwork delays. At 18, after aging out of the system, she walked into traffic and was hit by a car. At last report, she was living in a homeless shelter.
- Historic lighthouses struggle to pay for upkeep Updated: May-14-16 11:06 am
HEISLERVILLE, New Jersey - Work should start next month to finally repair and renovate the historic East Point Lighthouse, which has guided Delaware Bay mariners to the mouth of the Maurice River for more than a century.
- New Kansas laws deal with pot penalties, abortion, tanning Updated: May-13-16 8:07 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas is lessening some of its penalties for marijuana possession, specifically prohibiting nurse midwives from performing abortions and strengthening its gun rights laws.
- Kansas measure bars minors from tanning salons Updated: May-13-16 6:57 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - Kansas minors will be barred from tanning salons under a measure approved by Republican Gov. Sam Brownback.
- Caregiver accused of beating disabled Lawrence men Updated: May-13-16 3:51 pm
LAWRENCE, Kansas - A 20-year-old caregiver faces state charges accusing her of hitting and confining two mentally challenged men who were under her care, according to newly released court documents.
- DA: Aunt, uncle killed boy; parents held on related charges Updated: May-06-16 12:15 pm
RIDGWAY, Pennsylvania - The aunt and uncle of a 5-year-old Pennsylvania boy found beaten to death in their squalid apartment have been charged with killing him, while his parents - who left the boy in their care two months before - face charges they contributed to his death.
- Another big verdict in talc case against Johnson & Johnson Updated: May-03-16 9:51 pm
ST. LOUIS - Twice in the past three months, juries have awarded tens millions of dollars to ovarian cancer victims who blamed Johnson & Johnson talcum powder for their illness - among the first verdicts in a gathering courtroom assault by law firms that are aggressively recruiting clients through TV ads and the Internet.
- Above-average fire year ahead in Hawaii, Alaska, Southwest Updated: May-01-16 7:37 pm
Hawaii, Alaska and the Southwest face an above-average threat of wildfires this summer, but most of the country should see normal or below-normal problems, forecasters said Sunday.