- Katrina cottages create opportunities for entrepreneurs Updated: Aug-30-15 4:07 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - From Gulfport to Gautier to Ocean Springs, Bobby Windham has crisscrossed the Mississippi Gulf Coast living in Katrina cottages.
- New bill would ban minors from using tanning beds Updated: Aug-29-15 11:19 am
MADISON, Wisconsin - Children of all ages would be barred from using tanning beds in Wisconsin under a bill moving through the state Legislature.
- Talladega mayor loses re-election bid after assault Updated: Aug-25-15 11:47 pm
TALLADEGA, Alabama - An Alabama mayor who had been re-elected in 2011 despite a federal conviction and recently was recovering from an assault lost a bid for a fifth term in office Tuesday.
- Woman found dead in Robison County beauty shop Updated: Aug-25-15 6:35 am
FAIRMONT, North Carolina - One woman has died and several others were treated for chemical exposure at a beauty shop in Robison County.
- Brookings hair salon owner has talent for fundraisers Updated: Aug-23-15 11:13 am
BROOKINGS, South Dakota - After working at a corporate hair salon that didn't allow her to provide free cuts to a boy with cancer and a soldier who later died in combat, a Brookings woman opened her own salon to help people in need.
- District riven by religious favoritism claims gets monitor Updated: Aug-15-15 2:32 pm
SUFFERN, New York - When his fifth-grade son struggled with a question on primary colors posed by the TV show "Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader," David Curry saw just how bad things have gotten in the troubled East Ramapo school district.
- Mayor suspects assault tied to election, not rumored affair Updated: Aug-15-15 11:35 am
BIRMINGHAM, Alabama - An Alabama mayor who was re-elected despite a federal conviction says recovering from an assault outside a barbershop where he works part time and allegations of a sex tape with the suspect's wife won't derail the final push of his campaign for a fifth term.
- Children read to Iowa barber in exchange for haircuts Updated: Aug-10-15 5:03 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - Children who read books to a local barber have received a free haircut as part of a community event in Dubuque to help families prepare for the upcoming school year.