- Gov. Baker signs bill barring teens from tanning salons Updated: Feb-05-16 6:48 pm
BOSTON - Massachusetts law now bans anyone under 18 from using tanning beds.
- No charges against official accused of misusing funds Updated: Feb-05-16 4:26 am
LINCOLN, Rhode Island - A Rhode Island tax collector who authorities say used money from a firefighters' health care fund to pay a personal credit card will not face criminal charges.
- Perfect cast: Documentary tells story of famed local angler Updated: Feb-04-16 11:48 am
STATE COLLEGE, Pennsylvania - Lucas and Meigan Bell were excited to talk about their upcoming documentary film, "Live the Stream," which, outside of their marriage, is perhaps the couple's most significant collaboration yet.
- New law imposes fine for minors possessing e-cigarettes Updated: Feb-02-16 4:21 am
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - Anyone under 18 who's caught with electronic cigarettes or other tobacco-free nicotine products would face a fine or community service under a new Illinois law.
- For the world's most scrutinized body, Barbie has a new look Updated: Jan-28-16 6:37 pm
NEW YORK - Poor Barbie. She had plastic surgery to become more socially acceptable. But a lot of her critics still don't like her.
- Man sought for buying chemicals reports to German police Updated: Jan-27-16 5:26 am
BERLIN - Police in the German city of Cologne say a man being sought for buying chemicals that could be used to make a bomb has turned himself in.
- Anti-Islam Dutch lawmaker gains support amid migrant crisis Updated: Jan-23-16 12:06 pm
SPIJKENISSE, Netherlands - The Dutch debate on asylum-seekers has come to this: Firebrand lawmaker Geert Wilders handing out self-defense sprays to women fearful of what he describes as "Islamic testosterone bombs" in the wake of the New Year's Eve sexual assaults in Cologne.
- WVa delegate hands out sunscreen to ridicule global warming Updated: Jan-21-16 6:59 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - As a snowstorm approaches, a West Virginia delegate handed out sunscreen to his colleagues in an attempt to ridicule global warming.
- Drew Barrymore's sets new sights for beauty brand Updated: Jan-20-16 12:26 am
NEW YORK - Hollywood actress, director and author Drew Barrymore may soon add a new title to her resume: international retailer.
- Terre Haute barber in 2nd half century with same chair Updated: Jan-17-16 10:51 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - There really isn't a story behind the barber chair generations of guys have climbed into for a cut, trim or a shave.
- Middle-aged man dresses as old woman for official's photo op Updated: Jan-15-16 8:19 pm
CRANSTON, Rhode Island - A city official who wanted to include an elderly woman in a photo op about a snow shoveling program persuaded a middle-aged man to dress up in a wig, earrings, lipstick and a dress.
- Business meetings at the spa: From wellness to manicures Updated: Jan-14-16 9:28 pm
Visiting a spa might sound like an indulgence incompatible with a business meeting. But spas get plenty of bookings these days from corporate clients and organizations, whether for team-building, wellness education or even "manicure meetings."
- Gambia lifts order that female staff must cover hair at work Updated: Jan-14-16 6:57 am
DAKAR, Senegal - Gambia's government says it has lifted a recent directive stating that all female staff with the government must cover their hair during office hours.
- Charlotte officials say city faces human trafficking problem Updated: Jan-12-16 10:11 am
CHARLOTTE, North Carolina - Federal and local officials say Charlotte faces an increasing problem with human trafficking as the population grows and the sports and convention industries increase.
- New Mexico faces vaccine shortage due to payment problems Updated: Jan-08-16 1:47 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Pediatricians in New Mexico are turning away patients looking for vaccines because they have run out of supplies provided through the state Department of Health and paid for by private insurance companies.
- Connecticut inmate charged with threatening witnesses Updated: Jan-08-16 8:03 am
BRIDGEPORT, Connecticut - A Bridgeport gang member already serving 17 years in prison for stabbing his ex-girlfriend and her new boyfriend in their Norwalk home faces new charges for allegedly seeking to have them "taken care of" so they couldn't testify against him in an appeal.
- Thai cosmetics company pulls ad showing actress in blackface Updated: Jan-08-16 7:32 am
BANGKOK - A Thai cosmetics company quickly pulled a video in which an actress wears blackface and promotes a skin-whitener with the slogan: "You just need to be white to win." The retraction did little, however, to stem a debate the ad ignited about the regularity of racist advertisements in the Southeast Asian country.