- Dunkin' targets Starbucks by highlighting espresso drinks Updated: Apr-28-16 12:07 pm
NEW YORK - Dunkin' Donuts is going after Starbucks' coveted customers by more aggressively featuring espresso drinks like lattes and macchiatos.
- Smartphone health: Apple releases software for medical apps Updated: Apr-28-16 4:22 am
CUPERTINO, California - Apple is edging its way a little further into health care with the release of new iPhone apps that patients can use to manage their own medical conditions - from diabetes to pregnancy and even depression.
- 'Angry Birds' maker wants phones out as film credits roll Updated: Apr-28-16 1:41 am
LOS ANGELES - The creators of "Angry Birds" hope movie theater audiences don't get their feathers ruffled if some filmgoers pluck out their mobile devices at the end of "The Angry Birds Movie" and point them at the screen.
- Mobile app to give self-guided tours of scenic byway Updated: Apr-27-16 6:50 am
BECKLEY, West Virginia - An organization has created a mobile app that will give people self-guided tours of a 44-mile scenic byway near Beckley.
- Indianapolis Motor Speedway releases new free mobile app Updated: Apr-27-16 6:31 am
INDIANAPOLIS - The Indianapolis Motor Speedway has released a new and improved free mobile app ahead of next month's 100th running of the Indianapolis 500.
- The top iPhone and iPad apps on App Store Updated: Apr-26-16 4:11 pm
App Store Official Charts for the week ending April 24, 2016:
- Dolphins' test assesses draft prospects' reaction to plays Updated: Apr-25-16 4:10 pm
MIAMI - The Miami Dolphins believe they have the answers to help solve their draft deficiencies of recent years.
- Mobile Zoo forfeits movie star chimpanzee after PETA lawsuit Updated: Apr-21-16 5:46 am
WILMER, Alabama - A 29-year-old chimpanzee that starred in the 1997 film "Buddy" is being moved from an Alabama zoo to a sanctuary in Florida after animal rights activists complained about the animal's living conditions.
- EU expands battle with Google with Android antitrust probe Updated: Apr-20-16 4:23 pm
BRUSSELS - The European Union is broadening its battle with Google, alleging that the technology giant rigs the global market for mobile apps by making its Android operating system give preferential treatment to its own products.
- California hands out $70.5 million in job tax credits Updated: Apr-14-16 9:21 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - A California economic development board handed out $70.5 million in tax credits on Thursday for private companies promising to create jobs in the state, including $12.7 million for electric car-maker Faraday Future, which broke ground a day earlier on a new manufacturing facility in neighboring Nevada.
- The top 10 books on Apple's iBooks-US Updated: Apr-12-16 1:24 pm
iBook charts for week ending April 10, 2016 (Rank, Book Title by Author Name, ISBN, Publisher ):
- Man who made botched cliff proposal says she said yes Updated: Apr-11-16 5:38 pm
MORRO BAY, California - A man who had to be rescued after scaling California's famed Morro Rock to propose to his girlfriend through cellphone video says he might not have made it to the top, but the proposal was a success.
- Video shows Texas teacher repeatedly striking student Updated: Apr-09-16 12:02 pm
BEAUMONT, Texas - A high school teacher in Southeast Texas has been arrested on an assault charge after a video surfaced showing her repeatedly striking a student in her class.
- Motley Crue's Vince Neil accused of battery in Las Vegas Updated: Apr-08-16 3:56 pm
LAS VEGAS - Police say Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil is accused of grabbing a woman's hair from behind and pulling her to the ground at a Las Vegas Strip resort.
- The Latest: Man who scaled cliff to propose later arrested Updated: Apr-08-16 1:50 pm
MORRO BAY, California - The Latest on a man who scaled a cliff in California to propose (all times local):
- Hawaii agency going digital to promote islands to visitors Updated: Apr-06-16 9:11 pm
HONOLULU - The state agency promoting Hawaii is increasingly going digital, using social media and virtual reality to reach potential visitors.
- Facebook rearranging notification buttons to highlight video Updated: Apr-06-16 5:00 pm
MENLO PARK, California - Facebook is rearranging the notification panel on its mobile apps in an effort to broaden the audience creating, watching and reacting to live video on its social network.
- Mobile chat apps Line, Kakao flourishing among young Asians Updated: Apr-05-16 3:36 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Forget Facebook and Twitter.
- New free app for disabled New Yorkers now available Updated: Apr-05-16 12:48 am
ALBANY, New York - A new free mobile application is now available to give New York families and caregivers information about rights and resources for people with developmental disabilities.
- Maui police step up texting-while-driving enforcement Updated: Apr-03-16 11:20 am
WAILUKU, Hawaii - Maui police will issue citations to drivers who use cellphones while driving through April 13 as part of a national campaign.
- 4 teens accused in recorded sex assault case get probation Updated: Apr-02-16 5:07 pm
ELMWOOD PARK, New Jersey - Four teens accused of using a cellphone to film themselves having sex with a highly intoxicated 15-year-old girl have been sentenced to probation.