- Google unveils Android's latest technological tricks Updated: May-28-15 11:05 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google's next version of its Android operating system will boast new ways to fetch information, pay merchants and protect privacy on mobile devices as the Internet company duels with Apple in the quest to make their technology indispensable.
- App developer hopes to attract young people to the outdoors Updated: May-26-15 1:13 am
PORTLAND, Maine - A Maine company is hoping to attract younger audiences to national parks by creating free mobile apps.
- Slice of Silicon Valley: Strictly Business Computer Systems Updated: May-25-15 9:59 am
HUNTINGTON, West Virginia - It was a Wednesday at 1 p.m., and there was tension in the offices at Strictly Business Computer Systems in Huntington.
- PayPal's new chief promises new services for a mobile world Updated: May-21-15 5:39 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - As PayPal prepares to split from its corporate parent, its new chief executive is promising to expand the popular online payment system, adding a variety of services for consumers to use when shopping on their phones or in traditional stores.
- National Spelling Bee launches fantasy-style mobile app Updated: May-20-15 4:54 pm
WASHINGTON - Fans of the Scripps National Spelling Bee will have a new way to follow the tongue-twisting action this year.
- Prying parents: Phone monitoring apps flourish in S. Korea Updated: May-15-15 4:46 am
SEOUL, South Korea - Lee Chang-june can be miles from his 12-year-old son but still know when he plays a smartphone game. With the press of an app he can see his son's phone activity, disable apps or totally shut down the smartphone.
- Review: What to do if phones fill up with photos Updated: May-13-15 3:10 pm
NEW YORK - Shoot enough photos and videos, and your phone will eventually fill up.
- Verizon buys AOL for $4.4 billion in mobile video bet Updated: May-12-15 2:59 pm
NEW YORK - After selling millions of Americans their mobile phones, Verizon now wants to capture their eyeballs, too.
- In Tech: Mobile app, mobile phone, online TV Updated: May-08-15 4:11 am
NEW YORK - The iconic designer behind the simulation video games "Sim City" and "The Sims" wants people to tell stories visually on their mobile phones.
- Nintendo reports $350 million profit, reversal from red ink Updated: May-07-15 12:40 pm
TOKYO - Nintendo Co. reported a net profit of 41.8 billion yen ($350 million) for the fiscal year through March, a reversal from deep losses the previous year, as it reshapes its troubled business with a long-delayed foray into smartphone games and plans to bring its video game characters to theme parks.
- Venezuelan president's bout with thrown mango inspires game Updated: May-06-15 12:14 am
CARACAS, Venezuela - Two Venezuelans who emigrated to escape the country's economic woes are drawing laughs with a mobile game mocking President Nicolas Maduro for his decision to give a new home to a woman who threw a mango at him seeking attention for her plea to get housing.