- Bill requires Connecticut labs to conduct hair follicle test Updated: May-28-15 3:30 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - A bill that would require clinical laboratories in Connecticut to conduct hair follicle drug tests ordered by medical personnel is moving to Gov. Dannel P. Malloy's desk.
- School: No more vaginal procedures for ultrasound training Updated: May-26-15 4:41 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - A Florida community college says it will no longer have ultrasound technician students practice an invasive vaginal procedure on each other.
- Ohio bill would allow patients to get STD meds for partners Updated: May-25-15 1:07 pm
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A bill in Ohio seeks to expand access to treatment for certain sexually transmitted diseases by allowing doctors to prescribe medication to their patients' partners without examining them.
- Free HIV testing offered in 2 Indiana counties amid outbreak Updated: May-24-15 9:23 am
SEYMOUR, Indiana - Free HIV testing will be offered in two Indiana counties following an outbreak that has infected at least 160 people.
- Doctor group seeks to clear confusion in cancer screening Updated: May-18-15 8:40 pm
WASHINGTON - Mammograms at 40 or 50? Every year or every other year? What's the best colon check?
- Scottsville woman with cancer believes prayer saved her life Updated: May-16-15 2:36 pm
SCOTTSVILLE, Kentucky - Diane Johnson believes prayer healed her from stage IV throat cancer.
- Feds close insurance loopholes on preventive care Updated: May-11-15 6:01 pm
WASHINGTON - From contraception to colonoscopies, the Obama administration Monday closed a series of insurance loopholes on coverage of preventive care.
- New blood tests, liquid biopsies, may transform cancer care Updated: May-11-15 3:37 pm
A new type of blood test is starting to transform cancer treatment, sparing some patients the surgical and needle biopsies long needed to guide their care.