- X-Rays, inside out Updated: Oct-01-15 6:12 am
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - Did you know that Marie Curie, the discoverer of radium and two-time winner of the Nobel Prize, designed mobile X-ray vehicles to serve French medical teams in World War I field hospitals?
- Study: Breast cancer detection not better with computer aid Updated: Sep-28-15 1:01 pm
CHICAGO - Computer-assisted detection used in most U.S. mammograms adds no benefit to breast cancer screening while substantially increasing costs, a large study suggests.
- Nonprofits help homeless Salem man gain vision Updated: Sep-22-15 1:25 pm
SALEM, Oregon - Alexander Miller started wearing glasses when he was 3, but his vision loss was so severe that doctors told him he eventually would go blind.
- Medtronic gets approval for MRI-safe heart implant Updated: Sep-14-15 4:59 pm
NEW YORK - Medtronic said Monday that it has been cleared to market a heart defibrillator implant that can be safely used in an MRI scanner.
- Colonoscope helps Thai police recover stolen 6-carat diamond Updated: Sep-13-15 11:11 am
BANGKOK - The good news for the Chinese visitor to Bangkok was that a doctor had successfully removed a foreign object from her large intestine that could have damaged her digestive system.