- Officials: King cobra on the loose, escaped home in Orlando Updated: Sep-03-15 6:08 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Wildlife officials in Florida say they're searching for an 8-foot-long king cobra snake that escaped from a home in Orlando.
- Green turtle nest count breaks record Updated: Sep-02-15 11:49 am
ORLANDO, Florida - University of Central Florida researchers say the endangered green turtle population is making a comeback on one of the nation's most important nesting beaches for turtles.
- New Mississippi state weight record for female alligators Updated: Sep-01-15 12:34 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A 319-pound alligator has set the state record for female weight, beating the old record by nearly 24 pounds, Mississippi's alligator program coordinator said.
- Police: Man charged after drowning ex-girlfriend's lizards Updated: Sep-01-15 12:17 pm
NASHUA, New Hampshire - A 26-year-old New Hampshire man is accused of drowning his ex-girlfriend's two pet lizards.
- African spurred tortoise found near Hawks Updated: Sep-01-15 8:44 am
HAWKS, Michigan - While traveling between Lake Nettie and Lake May in Hawks one recent afternoon, Jode Paull saw something on the side of the road that caught his eye. He stopped his pickup to investigate, and discovered an odd looking tortoise, definitely not locally known, and took it home to find out what it was.
- 826-pound, over 14-foot alligator sets 2 Miss. records Updated: Aug-31-15 10:16 am
DAVIS ISLAND, Mississippi - An alligator that was 14 feet, one-quarter-inch long and weighing 826 pounds broke Mississippi records that other alligators had set earlier that day for length and weight.
- China seizes 620 turtles and tortoises smuggled from Vietnam Updated: Aug-30-15 7:07 am
BEIJING - Chinese border patrol officials seized 620 wild turtles and tortoises - 510 of them considered endangered - that were found alive in a shipment of frozen seafood from Vietnam, state media said Sunday.
- Georgia man guilty for 2nd time of stealing sea turtle eggs Updated: Aug-28-15 4:42 pm
BRUNSWICK, Georgia - A coastal Georgia man pleaded guilty Friday to stealing the eggs of protected sea turtles barely two years after he served time in federal prison for the same offense.
- Officers find ball python in Nampa neighborhood Updated: Aug-28-15 5:10 am
NAMPA, Idaho - Nampa police officers are looking for the owners of a ball python after the reptile was found slithering across the street of a residential neighborhood.
- SPCA: Abandoned alligator snapping turtle is dangerous Updated: Aug-27-15 8:01 am
SMITHTOWN, New York - Authorities caution that an abandoned alligator snapping turtle found on Long Island over the weekend is a dangerous reptile.
- Man hospitalized after trying to take selfie with snake Updated: Aug-26-15 5:41 am
LAKE ELSINORE, California - A Lake Elsinore man may have to lose is hand after he picked up a rattlesnake in order to take a selfie with it.
- Loggerhead sea turtles returning to the ocean Updated: Aug-26-15 3:04 am
JUNO BEACH, Florida - Biologists are returning two loggerhead sea turtles to the ocean after nursing them back to health.
- 2 homeless pythons given to Vermont man headed to sanctuary Updated: Aug-25-15 4:31 pm
NORTH CLARENDON, Vermont - Two giant southeast Asian pythons that were rescued by a long-time snake collector and were turned over to state game wardens are headed to a sanctuary.
- Pittsburgh Zoo loses sea turtles in dispute over elephants Updated: Aug-25-15 11:29 am
PITTSBURGH - The Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium is losing its sea turtle program and money for a playground after dropping accreditation with a major organization over its elephant contact policy.
- Giant alligator weighing 920 pounds gets pulled from lake Updated: Aug-22-15 2:40 pm
EUFAULA, Alabama - Authorities say an alligator pulled from a lake in southeast Alabama weighs an estimated 920 pounds.
- 2 albino iguanas stolen from Tooele pet store Updated: Aug-21-15 1:26 pm
TOOELE, Utah - Police are investigating the theft of two albino iguanas from a Tooele pet store that are worth a combined $2,400.
- NYPD officers confiscate boa constrictor in Times Square Updated: Aug-21-15 11:05 am
NEW YORK - Painted topless women and costumed characters - and now also a boa constrictor.
- Lamp in iguana cage sparks fire in school; reptile rescued Updated: Aug-21-15 8:59 am
HUDSON, New Hampshire - Officials say a malfunction in a lamp keeping an iguana warm sparked a fire in a New Hampshire high school.
- Alligator turned over to Iowa shelter to end up in Nebraska Updated: Aug-20-15 10:59 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - A 2½-foot-long alligator listed for sale by a Sioux City teenager instead will end up at a Nebraska college.
- Loggerhead sea turtle in Omaha celebrates 20th birthday Updated: Aug-20-15 9:14 am
OMAHA, Nebraska - A loggerhead sea turtle in Omaha is turning 20 years old.
- Rare leatherback sea turtle nest found on SC coast Updated: Aug-20-15 8:01 am
HUNTING ISLAND, South Carolina - Volunteers with the Hunting Island Sea Turtle Conservation Project say a rare leatherback sea turtle nest was found this year.
- Anaheim Hills woman bitten by rattlesnake in bathroom Updated: Aug-20-15 5:43 am
ANAHEIM, California - A Southern California woman has been hospitalized after a rattlesnake bit her in her own bathroom.
- Mexico deploys drones to protect sea turtle nesting grounds Updated: Aug-19-15 6:19 pm
MEXICO CITY - Mexican officials say they have begun flying two drones over sea turtle nesting grounds on the Pacific coast to better monitor and protect the sensitive habitats.
- Coral snake bites plumber at central Florida work site Updated: Aug-19-15 5:38 am
DELAND SPRINGS, Florida - Police say a 46-year-old plumber is recovering after a coral snake bit him.
- The great snake hunt: 'Python Challenge' comes to Everglades Updated: Aug-18-15 9:40 pm
TALLAHASSEE, Florida - Snake-hunters take note: Authorities are expanding Florida's next public hunt for invasive Burmese pythons into Everglades National Park.