- New La. law taking effect Saturday targets 'revenge porn' Updated: Jul-31-15 7:35 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Sending "revenge porn" can land you behind bars, new housing protections are being extended to domestic violence victims and enforcement of sea turtle protection laws is tightening as hundreds of new Louisiana laws take effect Saturday.
- 2 accused of taking $10000 worth of alligator eggs illegally Updated: Jul-30-15 6:50 pm
GRAND CHENIER, Louisiana - The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries says it confiscated $10,000 worth of alligator eggs from two southwest Louisiana men accused of collecting them without a permit.
- Aggressive cobra found at Houston high-rise apartments Updated: Jul-30-15 6:49 pm
HOUSTON - An aggressive 2-foot-long cobra captured at a luxury high-rise apartment complex in downtown Houston has been euthanized.
- 160-pound python killed in rural Missouri neighborhood Updated: Jul-29-15 3:07 pm
JONESBURG, Missouri - A resident of a Missouri neighborhood where a nearly 15-foot-long Burmese python was roaming for days has killed the snake.
- Jane Birkin asks Hermes to take her name off croc handbag Updated: Jul-29-15 12:55 pm
PARIS - British singer Jane Birkin has asked Hermes to take her name off the crocodile-skin versions of the iconic Birkin handbag, after being contacted by animal rights group PETA over "cruel" slaughtering practices.
- Python over 18 feet long caught in Everglades National Park Updated: Jul-29-15 3:05 am
EVERGLADES NATIONAL PARK, Florida - National Park Service officials say they captured a Burmese python over 18 feet long along a popular wildlife-watching trail in Everglades National Park.
- Over 600 baby sea turtles get 2nd chance, released in ocean Updated: Jul-28-15 5:16 pm
BOCA RATON, Florida - It was a turtle emancipation.
- Man accused of trying to get rattlesnake to bite victim Updated: Jul-28-15 2:55 pm
FLORENCE, Arizona - A 38-year-old Pinal County man is accused of taking a rattlesnake into another man's home and trying unsuccessfully to get the reptile to bite that man.
- Sheriff's office: Man dies from snake bite at church service Updated: Jul-28-15 12:29 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - A Kentucky sheriff's office says a man has died from a snake bite suffered during a church service.
- Reward offered for missing endangered Illinois turtle Updated: Jul-28-15 11:02 am
DEKALB, Illinois - A local attorney is offering a $250 reward for a male Blanding's turtle that scientists with Northern Illinois University have been tracking for about two years.
- New Jersey cop captures 2-foot iguana Updated: Jul-28-15 9:55 am
ROCHELLE PARK, New Jersey - It was the day of the iguana in northern New Jersey when a police officer captured a 2-foot reptile.
- State releases updated list of 'species of concern' Updated: Jul-28-15 9:06 am
MCCOMB, Mississippi - Did you know Mississippi has nearly 300 "species of concern" - many of them familiar?
- Wichita Falls issues warning over missing 6-foot snake Updated: Jul-28-15 8:31 am
WICHITA FALLS, Texas - A public safety alert in one North Texas city has nothing to do with traffic or weather but instead involves a 6-foot creature that slithers.
- East Providence man bitten by snake released from hospital Updated: Jul-28-15 4:58 am
EAST PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - An East Providence man who was bit by a venomous copperhead snake outside his home last week says he still isn't afraid of the reptiles.
- Coast Guard will help release sea turtle hatchlings Updated: Jul-27-15 3:05 am
BOCA RATON, Florida - The Coast Guard is going to help over 580 sea turtle hatchlings make their way into the Atlantic Ocean.
- Alligator found crossing NYC street dies unexpectedly Updated: Jul-25-15 12:10 am
NEW YORK - An alligator that was caught crossing a New York City street during rush hour has died unexpectedly.
- Zoo Atlanta to release snakes in Alabama forest Updated: Jul-24-15 2:03 pm
ATLANTA - Zoo Atlanta officials say they're planning to release nine eastern indigo snakes in the Conecuh National Forest in southern Alabama.
- Upstate NY man arrested for animal cruelty Updated: Jul-23-15 3:08 am
SCHAGHTICOKE, New York - State Police have confiscated a potbellied pig and six alligators from the residence of a 45-year-old upstate New York man after finding the animals living in poor conditions.
- Collector finds marine reptile fossil in mountains of Alaska Updated: Jul-22-15 8:28 pm
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - Researchers have confirmed the discovery of a marine reptile fossil in the Talkeetna Mountains, the University of Alaska Museum of the North announced Wednesday.
- 8 Armenian vipers born at LA Zoo this month Updated: Jul-22-15 3:14 pm
LOS ANGELES - Eight baby vipers have been born at the Los Angeles Zoo after animal care specialists replicated the weather conditions of the vipers' native Armenian and Turkish lands.
- Police find snakes, alligator in Brooklyn apartment Updated: Jul-22-15 6:25 am
NEW YORK - The NYPD says an alligator and nine snakes were far away from their natural habitats when officers found them in a Brooklyn apartment.
- Young alligator snapping turtles released in SW Louisiana Updated: Jul-21-15 2:50 pm
LAKE CHARLES, Louisiana - Eight young alligator snapping turtles - held carefully to avoid their nasty bites - have been released in southwest Louisiana as part of a state program to try to keep the reptiles off the federal endangered list.
- Man dies after being bitten by rattlesnake while camping Updated: Jul-19-15 3:25 pm
WEEDVILLE, Pennsylvania - Authorities say a western Pennsylvania man died after he was bitten by a rattlesnake while sitting near a campfire.
- Police: Suicide possibility in Texas cobra owner's death Updated: Jul-19-15 3:22 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Police are investigating whether an 18-year-old Texas pet shop worker who was believed to have been bitten by a cobra took his own life.
- Officials believe snake is abandoned pet boa constrictor Updated: Jul-19-15 9:40 am
SHELBURNE, Vermont - The snake isn't the kind one would typically find at a rural Vermont pond.