- 102 pythons caught as state snake hunt enters final weekend Updated: Feb-13-16 5:58 pm
MIAMI - A state-sanctioned hunt on public lands for invasive Burmese pythons is about to end.
- Officials: Harsh winter weather poses threat to terrapins Updated: Feb-10-16 11:03 am
SLAUGHTER BEACH, Delaware - Delaware wildlife officials say recent harsh winter weather has been posing a threat to coastal diamondback terrapins.
- Fries with that? Man accused of tossing gator at drive-thru Updated: Feb-09-16 6:14 pm
WEST PALM BEACH, Florida - Alligators have been used as shoes, briefcases, university mascots, lunch and now, authorities say, a deadly weapon.
- Anacondas found along Florida's Space Coast Updated: Feb-08-16 11:13 am
MELBOURNE, Florida - Wildlife officials say two green anaconda snakes were recently found along Florida's Space Coast.
- Gabby the sea turtle picks the Broncos in Super Bowl Updated: Feb-06-16 8:51 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Gabby the sea turtle, the so-called football expert at Ripley's Aquarium in Myrtle Beach, has made her choice for the Super Bowl winner.
- Police: Facebook helped track down snake thief Updated: Feb-05-16 8:28 am
FESTUS, Missouri - A St. Louis-area man is accused of stealing a Brazilian rainbow boa constrictor from a pet store, then losing it inside a Lowe's home improvement store.
- Florida woman discovers anaconda while walking dogs Updated: Feb-04-16 4:30 am
MELBOURNE, Florida - A Florida woman discovered a 9-foot anaconda while walking her dogs in Melbourne.
- Virginia man gets jail time for collecting, selling turtles Updated: Feb-04-16 2:15 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - A Newport News man who snatched hundreds of young turtles and eggs from their nests has been sentenced to 30 days in jail.
- Mystery meat: Was it really woolly mammoth on the menu? Updated: Feb-03-16 6:34 pm
When members of the Explorers Club gathered for their lavish annual dinner in New York City in 1951, one account said they feasted on meat from a prehistoric wooly mammoth that had been preserved in a glacier.
- Baker OK with island home for venomous snake Updated: Feb-01-16 4:55 pm
BOSTON - A plan by the state to make a Quabbin Reservoir island home to an endangered venomous snake has the backing of Gov. Charlie Baker.
- National Aquarium's baby loggerhead turtle named Sheldon Updated: Feb-01-16 4:32 pm
BALTIMORE - A baby loggerhead turtle at the National Aquarium has been named Sheldon.
- Family threatens lawsuit after snake bite at Disney park Updated: Jan-28-16 5:42 pm
ORLANDO, Florida - An Alabama family says an escaped snake at Disney's Animal Kingdom dropped from a tree and bit a boy, which led to the death of the boy's grandmother.
- Lizard found in kindergartner's salad becomes new class pet Updated: Jan-26-16 3:38 pm
PRINCETON, New Jersey - A New Jersey elementary school science class has a new pet after a lizard was discovered in a student's salad after being refrigerated for days.
- Alligator found in suburban home evicted after 26 years Updated: Jan-25-16 4:59 am
LANSING, Illinois - A suburban Chicago man is scheduled to appear in court this week after authorities came to his house and took the alligator he kept there for 26 years into custody.
- Snake wrangler charms the LaGrange Sierra Club Updated: Jan-24-16 7:01 am
LAGRANGE, Georgia - If you don't want to be bitten by a snake, don't go within striking distance.
- Crocodile takes morning dip in Florida Keys swimming pool Updated: Jan-21-16 11:34 am
ISLAMORADA, Florida - A crocodile apparently decided a morning dip in a Florida Keys swimming pool was just the thing.
- Turtles stranded on NC shore cared for in Myrtle Beach Updated: Jan-21-16 8:10 am
MYRTLE BEACH, South Carolina - Eight sea turtles stunned by cold weather along the North Carolina coast are being treated in Myrtle Beach.
- Powerball tickets worth $150K sold in Turtle Lake, Grafton Updated: Jan-15-16 8:16 am
BISMARCK, North Dakota - No one in North Dakota won the world record $1.6 billion Powerball jackpot this week, but two tickets worth a total of $150,000 were sold in the state.