- Arizona Army National Guard unit deploying to Kuwait Updated: Oct-02-15 9:14 am
PHOENIX - An Arizona Army National Guard unit is deploying to Kuwait to support operations against Islamic State fighters.
- Putin hopes to steal UN show with Syria-focused speech Updated: Sep-24-15 10:54 am
MOSCOW - With dozens of Russian combat jets and helicopter gunships lined up at an air base in Syria, Russian President Vladimir Putin is ready for a big-time show at the United Nations General Assembly.
- Fort Campbell soldiers returning from Afghanistan Updated: Sep-23-15 4:01 am
FORT CAMPBELL, Kentucky - Hundreds of Fort Campbell soldiers who have been in Afghanistan advising the Afghan National Army are expected back at the post on the Kentucky-Tennessee state line this week.
- Guyana says Venezuela deploys troops to disputed border Updated: Sep-22-15 6:47 pm
GEORGETOWN, Guyana - Guyana President David Granger said Tuesday that Venezuela has deployed troops to a contested border region in what he called a "dangerous" escalation of a long-running dispute between the South American nations.
- US: military talks with Moscow tied to Syria political path Updated: Sep-22-15 4:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is still unsure of Russia's military intentions in Syria but intends no further conversations unless Moscow agrees to participate in talks aimed at a political solution to the civil war, Carter's spokesman said Tuesday.
- Russian, US military talks: Concerned over Syria Updated: Sep-18-15 4:03 pm
WASHINGTON - American and Russian military chiefs began talks Friday over Moscow's buildup in Syria, signaling the U.S. is resigned to Russia's emerging plans but anxious to avoid dangerous misunderstandings on the battlefield.
- 3,500 Georgia troops to deploy to Europe for 2nd rotation Updated: Sep-10-15 3:46 am
FORT STEWART, Georgia - The Army is sending about 3,500 soldiers based in Georgia to Europe for the second time this year.