- The Latest: S. Koreans still at joint factory after deadline Updated: Feb-11-16 8:08 am
PAJU, South Korea - The latest on tensions between North and South Korea following North Korea's rocket launch (all times local):
- Afghan policeman opens fire on colleagues, kills 4 Updated: Feb-11-16 5:36 am
KANDAHAR, Afghanistan - Four Afghan policemen were killed and another seven wounded when one of their colleagues opened fire on them in the volatile southern province of Kandahar, an official said on Thursday.
- Irish deploy military-style checkpoints to suppress gang war Updated: Feb-09-16 11:20 am
DUBLIN - Ireland's police force deployed military-style road checkpoints Tuesday as the government announced toughened measures to try to prevent a gang war in Dublin from claiming more lives.
- Iraq will send more troops to base outside Mosul Updated: Feb-08-16 2:18 pm
IRBIL, Iraq - Iraq will send additional troops to a base outside the northern Islamic State-held city of Mosul.
- US proposes more Pentagon funding for Europe aid, equipment Updated: Feb-02-16 1:58 pm
WASHINGTON - The Obama administration said Tuesday it will propose quadrupling what it spends on its troops and training in Europe, as part of the U.S. military's accelerating effort to deter Russia.
- Volunteers care for dogs of deployed military personnel Updated: Jan-18-16 12:20 pm
ALLOUEZ, Wisconsin - Two English Springer Spaniels have settled into a temporary home in the Green Bay area while their owner completes five months of training in the U.S. Army National Guard.
- Iraq sends troops south to rein in crime, tribal disputes Updated: Jan-17-16 7:23 am
BASRA, Iraq - An Iraqi official says Baghdad has sent security reinforcements to the southern Basra province to rein in violent crime and tribal disputes that have surged in recent months as troops have been off battling the Islamic State group in the country's northwest.
- Egypt renews combat deployment in Red Sea, Gulf for a year Updated: Jan-14-16 1:08 pm
CAIRO - Egypt on Thursday renewed for another year its "combat" military deployment in the Red Sea and Persian Gulf regions, according to an official statement.