- 4 Central European countries ready to send troops to Baltics Updated: May-25-16 8:18 am
LIBLICE, Czech Republic - Four Central European countries say they are working on a plan to deploy their troops in the Baltics states as part of NATO forces.
- NATO equipment and troops arrive for exercises in Poland Updated: May-17-16 10:17 am
WARSAW, Poland - A NATO spokesman says military equipment and troops have started arriving in Poland by air and sea for a major military deployment exercise by the new "Spearhead" force.
- Starkville area soldiers preparing to deploy Updated: May-12-16 1:36 am
STARKVILLE, Mississippi - About 70 U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Starkville, Mississippi area are preparing for deployment to Kuwait and Iraq in support of Operation Spartan Shield.
- 180 Sioux City-based Army Reserve Soldiers prepare to deploy Updated: May-10-16 6:10 pm
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - About 180 Army Reserve soldiers based in Sioux City are preparing to be deployed to the Middle East.
- Mother of 4 kids deploys with National Guard on Mother's Day Updated: May-08-16 5:07 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - One of the 60 Iowa Army National Guard soldiers leaving on Mother's Day for a yearlong deployment in Afghanistan is a mother of four.
- South Carolina military police on tap for Guantanamo force Updated: May-03-16 3:07 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - Military police from the South Carolina Army National Guard have been ordered to prepare for a possible deployment to Guantanamo Bay Naval Base in Cuba as early as this fall, a Guard official said Tuesday.
- US defense secretary says Russia is 'nuclear saber-rattling' Updated: May-03-16 2:20 pm
STUTTGART, Germany - U.S. Defense Secretary Ash Carter blasted what the U.S. and its allies see as Russian aggression in Europe, saying Tuesday that Moscow is "going backward in time" with warlike actions that compel an American military buildup on NATO's eastern flank.
- Q&A: When is a Boot on the Ground not a Boot on the Ground? Updated: May-03-16 6:45 am
WASHINGTON - No one disputes that U.S. military forces are fighting in combat in Iraq and Syria -- except maybe President Barack Obama and some members of his administration.
- Senegal, US sign defense cooperation agreement Updated: May-02-16 7:34 pm
DAKAR, Senegal - The United States and Senegal signed an agreement Monday to ease access for U.S. troops should they need to deploy to the West African nation in the case of a humanitarian or security crisis.
- 71 Army reservists depart Starkville for Middle East service Updated: May-01-16 4:31 pm
- Biden presses Iraq to not let political chaos upend gains Updated: Apr-28-16 5:39 pm
BAGHDAD - Vice President Joe Biden pressed Iraq on Thursday not to let its crippling political crisis upend hard-fought gains against the Islamic State group as he returned to the country that's come to symbolize America's relentless struggles in the Middle East.
- Army Reservists from Willmar area to deploy to Kuwait Updated: Apr-27-16 3:17 pm
WILLMAR, Minnesota - U.S. Army Reserve soldiers from the Willmar area are preparing to deploy to Kuwait in support of Operation Enduring Freedom.
- Obama boosts Islamic State fight, asks Europe to do the same Updated: Apr-25-16 7:06 pm
HANNOVER, Germany - Evoking history and appealing for solidarity, President Barack Obama on Monday cast his decision to send 250 more troops to Syria as a bid to keep up "momentum" in the campaign to dislodge Islamic State extremists. He pressed European allies to match the U.S. with new contributions of their own.