- Around 700 soldiers told of possible assignment to Africa Updated: Jul-16-15 1:20 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - The Arkansas National Guard says it has informed around 700 soldiers to prepare for possible deployment to Africa, while a much smaller group received word that it might be assigned to Cuba.
- 2.300 Marines, sailors to return to NC base from deployment Updated: Jul-15-15 4:05 am
CAMP LEJEUNE, North Carolina - The 2,300 Marines and sailors of the 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit are scheduled to return from its 2015 deployment over three days this week.
- Deployment ceremony set for 54th Quartermaster soldiers Updated: Jul-13-15 2:09 am
PETERSBURG, Virginia - Fort Lee is holding a deployment ceremony for members of the U.S. Army's 54th Quartermaster Company.
- Banners at park to remind public of deployed service members Updated: Jul-10-15 7:59 am
MUSKEGON, Michigan - A project at Veterans Memorial Park in Muskegon will seek to remind the public about deployed service members.
- Va. National Guard members to be deployed to southwest Asia Updated: Jul-09-15 3:13 am
SANDSTON, Virginia - About 450 members of the Virginia National Guard are being deployed to southwest Asia.
- Ceremony set for returning Fort Eustis soldiers Updated: Jul-07-15 3:09 am
NEWPORT NEWS, Virginia - About 20 soldiers from Fort Eustis are coming home from a deployment in Kuwait.
- Touting progress, Obama says Islamic State is losing ground Updated: Jul-06-15 6:29 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama portrayed the U.S.-led coalition Monday as gaining ground against the Islamic State amid an expanded U.S. effort and ample signs of progress, but conceded more difficulties ahead in fighting what he described as a nimble and opportunistic enemy.
- Pizzas to be served to troops in Afghanistan for 4th of July Updated: Jul-04-15 8:07 am
BUFFALO, New York - Nearly 10,000 American troops overseas are getting a slice of American pie for Independence Day.