- Army, Air Guard offer simulators to NY State Fair visitors Updated: Aug-30-15 7:07 am
SYRACUSE, New York - Visitors to the New York State Fair will be able to get a feel for what it's like to drive an armored military vehicle and control a remotely piloted aircraft.
- Southern New Jersey man indicted for shooting down drone Updated: Aug-26-15 6:08 am
CAPE MAY COURT HOUSE, New Jersey - Officials say a southern New Jersey man is facing up to 10 years in prison if convicted of shooting down a drone flying above his neighborhood last year.
- UAE army frees British hostage as al-Qaida expands in Yemen Updated: Aug-23-15 11:49 am
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - The United Arab Emirates said Sunday that its military freed a British hostage who was kidnapped 18 months ago by al-Qaida in Yemen, which has expanded its reach amid fighting between Shiite rebels and their opponents.
- Iran says it shoots down drone near border with Iraq Updated: Aug-22-15 7:58 am
TEHRAN, Iran - Iran's official IRNA news agency says the military has shot down a reconnaissance drone in western Iran near the border with Iraq.
- 6 killed in Syria after Israel retaliates for rocket attack Updated: Aug-21-15 4:43 pm
DAMASCUS, Syria - Israeli airstrikes in southern Syria killed six people and wounded seven, Syrian state TV reported Friday, in retaliation for a rocket attack on Israel the previous day that Israeli officials blamed on militants backed by Iran.
- Pentagon plans to increase drone flights by 50 percent Updated: Aug-17-15 7:52 pm
JOINT BASE LANGLEY-EUSTIS, Virginia - Faced with escalating aggression from Russia and China, the Pentagon is planning to increase its use of drones by about 50 percent over the next several years, using the Army and civilian contractors to put more of the unmanned aircraft in the air.
- FAA: Pilot reports of drone sightings more than double Updated: Aug-13-15 5:01 pm
WASHINGTON - Pilot reports of drone sightings so far this year are more than double last year, government regulators say, raising concern about the potential for a deadly collision.
- San Francisco Bay Area city approves use of police drone Updated: Aug-12-15 10:47 am
SAN JOSE, California - The San Jose Police Department is one step closer to using a drone for hostage or search-and-rescue incidents.
- Report: $14M drone piloted from Ellsworth crashed overseas Updated: Aug-08-15 6:52 pm
RAPID CITY, South Dakota - A drone worth more than $14 million that was being remotely piloted from Ellsworth Air Force Base was intentionally crashed last year somewhere over the Middle East following a mechanical failure, according to a report from the U.S. Air Force.
- Suspected US drone strike kills 4 militants in Pakistan Updated: Aug-07-15 3:41 am
ISLAMABAD - Two Pakistani intelligence officials say a suspected U.S. drone strike has killed four militants in a troubled tribal region near the Afghan border.
- Afghan official: Drones kill IS fighters in 2 provinces Updated: Aug-05-15 8:07 am
KABUL, Afghanistan - An Afghan official says drone strikes have killed up to 60 insurgents, many of them allied to the Islamic State group, in recent days.
- Drone flies into glass pane at Great American Tower Updated: Aug-05-15 3:19 am
CINCINNATI - A drone was responsible for causing damage to a downtown Cincinnati skyscraper when it struck and broke a glass window that fell on top of the building's parking garage.
- Drone flies about 100 feet below nose of airliner in Phoenix Updated: Aug-04-15 6:16 pm
PHOENIX - A drone flew about 100 feet below the nose of an American Airlines flight that was on its approach to Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport last weekend, authorities said Tuesday.
- US begins armed drone flights from Turkey Updated: Aug-03-15 3:51 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. military is expanding its combat role in Syria in defense of coalition-backed rebels, conducting armed drone missions into Syria from an air base in Turkey and imposing new rules allowing the U.S. to defend rebels against attacks from any hostile force, including the Assad government.