- Connecticut votes to criminalize attaching weapons to drones Updated: Apr-29-16 10:14 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Those who attach weapons to drones in Connecticut could soon face a serious criminal penalty.
- A drone for loan? North Dakota agency eager to help Updated: Apr-29-16 5:20 pm
FARGO, North Dakota - A drone for loan? One of the first law enforcement agencies to use unmanned aircraft as eyes in the sky says it's ready to ship its technology anywhere in the country to help police who need it.
- US beefs up surveillance over Islamic State in Libya Updated: Apr-28-16 6:35 pm
WASHINGTON - The U.S. has moved surveillance drones into the skies over Libya to gather intelligence and get a better picture of what's going on in case additional military strikes against Islamic State militants are authorized.
- Ohio's Strickland lays out security plank in US Senate race Updated: Apr-28-16 11:26 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - Democratic U.S. Senate candidate Ted Strickland is supporting increased "aggressive" air attacks and drone strikes, targeted U.S. special forces operations and improved intelligence coordination as part of an enhanced campaign to defeat the Islamic State group.
- UK: Jet incident near Heathrow did not involve drone Updated: Apr-28-16 6:37 am
LONDON - A British Airways jet reported to have hit an object as it came in to land at Heathrow Airport this month did not strike a drone as first thought, the British government said Thursday.
- Combat pilot nominated for Air Force Chief Updated: Apr-26-16 5:32 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter is nominating Gen. David Goldfein to become the next Air Force chief of staff.
- Lawmakers look to regulate drone use with handful of bills Updated: Apr-26-16 8:41 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana lawmakers are making a bipartisan push to regulate drones, an area where developing technology meets privacy concerns.
- Whiteman drone pilots receive new, more prestigious title Updated: Apr-22-16 3:59 pm
WHITEMAN AIR FORCE BASE, Missouri - The Air Force will now recognize drone pilots who conduct remote military strikes from Whiteman Air Force Base as "attack squadrons," a designation with more prestige that could help with retention and recruitment.
- Mind. Blown. Brain-controlled drone race pushes future tech Updated: Apr-22-16 2:31 pm
GAINESVILLE, Florida - Wearing black headsets with tentacle-like sensors stretched over their foreheads, the competitors stare at cubes floating on computer screens as their small white drones prepare for takeoff.
- Possible Navy drone base environmental assessment underway Updated: Apr-22-16 6:06 am
NORFOLK, Virginia - Officials say the results of an environmental assessment for a potential Navy drone base on Virginia's Eastern Shore may be finished by late summer.
- Clean up to begin at national monument aircraft crash site Updated: Apr-19-16 4:26 pm
LAS CRUCES, New Mexico - The military will finally clean up the site where a drone aircraft crashed in 2014 at White Sands National Monument.
- Lincoln allows police to interfere with drone operation Updated: Apr-19-16 2:17 pm
LINCOLN, Nebraska - An ordinance that has been narrowly approved will allow police to interfere with drone operation in Lincoln.
- Pacifists balk at part of taxes in silent protest of war Updated: Apr-18-16 1:46 pm
LANCASTER, Pennsylvania - Every year at tax time, Harold Penner faces a moral dilemma.
- Drone collision with jet highlights growing aviation danger Updated: Apr-18-16 11:41 am
LONDON - A collision between a British Airways passenger jet and a drone over London has left the plane undamaged but the aviation industry deeply shaken.
- British Airways flight believed to hit drone on approach Updated: Apr-17-16 3:03 pm
LONDON - Police say a British Airways flight from Geneva hit an object believed to be a drone while on approach to London's Heathrow Airport.
- Wedding photographers in Texas use drones for unique images Updated: Apr-14-16 1:22 pm
SAN ANTONIO - As weddings become ever more elaborate and staged, couples increasingly are demanding Hollywood-style special effects for that one-of-a-kind, jaw-dropping video.
- Boston Marathon security: 5,000 cops, no drones or backpacks Updated: Apr-06-16 2:10 pm
BOSTON - As security plans for this year's Boston Marathon are being finalized, lessons learned from the 2013 marathon bombing and three major attacks elsewhere over the last year are being incorporated, authorities said Wednesday.
- Adams County sheriff's office to use drones Updated: Apr-02-16 12:23 pm
NATCHEZ, Mississippi - The Adams County Sheriff's Office is now certified to operate drones for law enforcement purposes.
- Officials: al-Shabab leader killed in Somalia drone strike Updated: Apr-02-16 12:33 am
WASHINGTON - A U.S. drone strike in Somalia has targeted a key leader of the al-Shabab militant group who was involved in two attacks in Mogadishu more than a year ago that killed more than 30 people, at least three Americans among them, the Pentagon said Friday. Several U.S. officials said he and two others were killed.
- Obama acknowledges civilian deaths by US drones Updated: Apr-01-16 7:30 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that "civilians were killed that shouldn't have been" in past U.S. drone strikes, but said the administration is now "very cautious" about striking where women or children are present.