- Obama's counterterrorism policy facing mounting criticism Updated: Jul-02-15 11:01 pm
WASHINGTON - At the CIA's Counterterrorism Center, it was a cause for celebration: Meticulous intelligence analysis backed by Hellfire missiles had paid off, once again.
- US drone strike kills Islamic State leader Updated: Jul-02-15 5:48 pm
WASHINGTON - A coalition airstrike in Syria has killed a senior Islamic State leader, who has been responsible for moving fighters and weapons from Libya to Syria, the Pentagon said Thursday.
- Drone flying over Seattle parade crashes, strikes woman Updated: Jun-29-15 6:27 pm
SEATTLE - Seattle police say a 25-year-old woman was knocked unconscious when a small drone aircraft crashed into a building and fell, striking the woman in the head.
- Snowden papers suggest possible UK role in US drone strike Updated: Jun-24-15 8:52 am
LONDON - Two global newspapers say documents provided by former NSA contractor Edward Snowden raise questions about whether British intelligence played a role in a 2012 U.S. drone strike in Yemen.
- Upstate NY man cleared of unlawful surveillance using drone Updated: Jun-22-15 3:40 pm
ULSTER, New York - A 50-year-old Hudson Valley man has been cleared of attempted unlawful surveillance in connection with using a drone-mounted camera to shoot photos and videos of a medical office building.
- Al-Qaida kills 2 alleged spies after Yemen leader killed Updated: Jun-17-15 9:13 am
SANAA, Yemen - Al-Qaida militants in Yemen killed two men accused of spying for the United States and hung their bodies off a bridge on Wednesday, a day after the jihadi group announced the death of its leader in a U.S. drone strike.
- Al-Qaida's No. 2 leader killed in US strike in Yemen Updated: Jun-16-15 11:08 pm
CAIRO - A U.S. airstrike has killed al-Qaida's second-most-powerful figure, the head of its Yemeni branch, dealing the terror network its biggest blow since the killing of Osama bin Laden at a time when it is vying with the Islamic State group for the mantle of global jihad.
- Fort Wainwright to get 9 Gray Eagle drones Updated: Jun-05-15 1:12 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Fort Wainwright will be getting nine Gray Eagle combat drones and an additional 128 soldiers.