- Texas OKs licensing path for immigrant detention centers Updated: Feb-12-16 8:17 pm
AUSTIN, Texas - Two of the nation's largest federal immigrant family detention centers can soon apply for residential child care licenses in Texas.
- Millions in tax breaks, incentives targeted by Senate panel Updated: Feb-09-16 6:38 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - Hundreds of millions of dollars in state tax breaks would be reduced or delayed under bills approved by a Senate committee on Tuesday, including a second potential reduction in Oklahoma's income tax as lawmakers look to fill a $1 billion hole in next year's budget.
- NY lawmakers propose tax deferrals to defray childcare costs Updated: Feb-09-16 2:50 pm
ALBANY, New York - Democrats in the New York state Senate say the state should allow families with young children to defer some of their state income taxes to help them cover the cost of childcare.
- Massachusetts judge rips effort to dismiss child rape suit Updated: Feb-02-16 7:55 am
BOSTON - A Massachusetts judge has issued a sharp rebuke to the state attorney general's office for trying to stymie a lawsuit filed by the parents of children allegedly molested at a day care center.
- Pentagon chief seeks to improved family leave, child care Updated: Jan-28-16 4:22 pm
WASHINGTON - Defense Secretary Ash Carter on Thursday unveiled a series of family-friendly proposals for the military that would increase parental leave, child care and health care coverage to bolster efforts to recruit and retain high-quality service members.