- Health dept. confirms staph caused sickness at day care Updated: Jul-02-15 6:49 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - The Alabama Department of Public Health has confirmed staph in several types of food served at a Montgomery day care was what sent nearly 90 children to the emergency room last week and required 30 to be hospitalized.
- Governor signs California budget with anti-poverty efforts Updated: Jun-24-15 5:49 pm
SACRAMENTO, California - Gov. Jerry Brown signed a spending plan Wednesday that uses California's growing surplus to fund new initiatives aimed at providing relief to the poor.
- Officials: More than 60 children sickened at Ala. day care Updated: Jun-24-15 6:13 am
MONTGOMERY, Alabama - State Health Officer Don Williamson says the number of children sickened at a Montgomery day care has risen to more than 60.
- Officials say Rhode Island toddler died of invasive strep Updated: Jun-18-15 5:17 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A toddler who died this week had an invasive streptococcal infection, not a meningococcal bacterial infection as originally suspected, the state Department of Health said Thursday.
- Rhode Island toddler dies of suspected bacterial infection Updated: Jun-17-15 4:09 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - More than a dozen children at a day care have been given preventative antibiotics as a precaution after a toddler there died of a suspected bacterial infection, the state Department of Health said Wednesday.
- Officials: 11 days between diagnoses of day care E. coli Updated: Jun-10-15 12:38 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - South Carolina health officials thought they had just an isolated case of a dangerous strain of E. coli for 11 days until a second case emerged in an outbreak that would eventually cause eight people to become ill, including a 2-year-old boy who died.
- 2 day care workers arrested in death of girl left in hot car Updated: Jun-08-15 3:37 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Police say two Baton Rouge day care workers have been arrested after a 22-month-old girl was left in a hot vehicle for about two hours and died.