- New Mexico says more families eligible for child care help Updated: Apr-21-16 6:42 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - New Mexico Gov. Susana Martinez has launched a push to get more eligible families to apply for federally-funded child care assistance and announced Thursday the state will expand eligibility requirements until late May
- Daycare license revoked after 4 toddlers found in street Updated: Apr-19-16 4:45 pm
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - State officials have revoked the license of a St. Tammany Parish daycare after four toddlers wandered onto a busy street.
- Correction: Illinois-Vaccine Exemption story Updated: Apr-13-16 1:10 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Illinois - In a story April 12 about child vaccinations, The Associated Press, relying on incorrect information provided by the Illinois Department of Public Health, erroneously reported requirements for parents who object to having their children vaccinated on religious grounds. They must submit a "certificate of religious exemption" for children entering kindergarten, sixth grade and ninth grade, and also those who are enrolling in a new school or child care facility.
- Infant dies at Indianapolis daycare where 1 watched 36 kids Updated: Apr-07-16 3:54 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - A 10-month-old girl strapped into a car seat died at a child-care ministry where one worker was responsible for 36 children, authorities said Thursday.
- Louisiana revamping rules for health program for children Updated: Apr-01-16 8:15 am
BATON ROUGE, Louisiana - Louisiana is toughening regulations governing a four-year-old state Medicaid program aimed at helping "medically fragile" children that has ballooned in cost from $2 million to as much as $30 million this year.