- Dominica prime minister says Erika leaves 20 dead Updated: Aug-28-15 11:16 pm
SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic - A weakening Tropical Storm Erika drenched Haiti and the Dominican Republic on Friday after leaving a trail of destruction that killed at least 20 people and left another 31 missing on the small eastern Caribbean island of Dominica, authorities said.
- Cellphone recovered from lake may yield evidence in slaying Updated: Aug-28-15 4:47 pm
SULLIVAN, Indiana - Authorities believe a cellphone recovered from a southwestern Indiana lake may yield key evidence in the strangulation death of a pregnant Sullivan woman.
- Indiana man charged with murder in infant's disappearance Updated: Aug-28-15 11:01 am
INDIANAPOLIS - Prosecutors have charged an Indianapolis man with murder in the May disappearance of his 3-month-old daughter, who is presumed dead.
- Oklahoma court affirms life sentence in missing wife's death Updated: Aug-27-15 5:40 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The Oklahoma Court of Criminal Appeals has upheld the life prison sentence of a 42-year-old man convicted of killing his wife.
- Body of teen who disappeared while fishing recovered Updated: Aug-27-15 3:32 pm
MOUNT VERNON, Virginia - Fairfax County police say crews have recovered the body of a 16-year-old who disappeared while fishing along the Potomac River near Mount Vernon.
- Father of missing Wichita infant sent to jail Updated: Aug-27-15 9:29 am
WICHITA, Kansas - The father of a Wichita baby not seen since July will spend a year in jail for violating his probation on a battery charge.
- Detectives revive cold case involving missing woman Updated: Aug-27-15 8:44 am
SACRAMENTO, California - The Sacramento County Sheriff's Department has revived an 18-year-old cold case, seeking new information about the disappearance of a Rancho Cordova woman.
- LAPD: Girl, 2, taken by father at gunpoint found safe Updated: Aug-27-15 3:02 am
LOS ANGELES - Los Angeles police say a 2-year-old girl whose father took her at gunpoint from a county social worker during a supervised visit has been found safe and the father is in custody.
- Name of man who jumped from freighter is released Updated: Aug-26-15 7:53 pm
LUDINGTON, Michigan - Authorities have released the name of a 41-year-old Ohio man who jumped from a freighter in Lake Michigan in northern Michigan.
- Missing woman's sister says arrest doesn't bring closure Updated: Aug-26-15 4:20 pm
KALISPELL, Montana - The sister of a Kalispell woman who went missing in February 2013 and is presumed dead says the arrest of a suspect in the case is a step in the right direction, but said the family is still suffering because they don't know what happened to her.
- Abalone diver dies off Mendocino Coast Updated: Aug-26-15 8:55 am
SANTA ROSA, California - An abalone diver whose body was recovered last weekend is at least the seventh person to die while hunting for abalone off the Northern California coast this year.
- Missing college student found safe in Orlando Updated: Aug-26-15 6:47 am
ORLANDO, Florida - Authorities say a missing University of Central Florida student has been found safe in Orlando.
- Body of missing man found in Gallatin County Updated: Aug-25-15 7:28 pm
BOZEMAN, Montana - Gallatin County authorities have found the body of a 51-year-old Australian man who had been reported missing.
- Woman, her 2 children reported missing are found safe Updated: Aug-25-15 5:57 pm
WHITE PLAINS, Maryland - The Charles County Sheriff's Office says a woman and her two children who were reported missing by a relative have been found safe in Virginia.
- Fairview man charged in death of missing Kalispell woman Updated: Aug-25-15 5:10 pm
HELENA, Montana - An eastern Montana man is charged with killing his girlfriend in February 2013 and hiding her body.
- Missouri Congressman's brother reported missing Updated: Aug-25-15 4:53 pm
SALEM, Missouri - The brother of Missouri's Republican U.S. Rep. Jason Smith has been reported missing.
- Man faces charge in wife's 22-year-old murder Updated: Aug-25-15 1:47 pm
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - A man suspected of killing his wife 22 years ago is under arrest after the skeletal remains of his spouse were unearthed at their former Jacksonville home.
- Texas police say man 'obsessed' with woman, corpse missing Updated: Aug-25-15 1:10 pm
SAN ANTONIO - San Antonio police trying to find a woman's corpse stolen from a casket say a man "obsessed" with her was the last to leave her funeral.
- Search resumes for Sitka man missing in landslide Updated: Aug-25-15 11:45 am
SITKA, Alaska - The search for a southeast Alaska man missing in a landslide has resumed.
- Police work to identify body found on national forest land Updated: Aug-25-15 8:43 am
FRESNO, California - Investigators are working to determine whether a body recovered in the Sierra National Forest is that of a missing 81-year-old woman.
- Mom of missing Florida toddler bonds out of jail Updated: Aug-25-15 6:47 am
JACKSONVILLE, Florida - The mother of a missing Jacksonville toddler has bonded out of jail.
- Police: 2 people found shot to death at Webster Reservoir Updated: Aug-25-15 4:55 am
STOCKTON, Kansas - Authorities are investigating after two missing people were found dead from single gunshot wounds in Rooks County.
- Off-duty firefighter finds Ohio man missing for 2 days Updated: Aug-25-15 3:49 am
BATH, Ohio - Officials say a missing 66-year-old northeast Ohio man was found safe in Cuyahoga Valley National Park by an off-duty Akron firefighter.
- 10-year-old boy missing in Utah forest found alive Updated: Aug-24-15 8:10 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - A 10-year-old boy who disappeared while hiking with family in eastern Utah has been found alive more than 24 hours after he got lost while looking for mushrooms near a remote mountain lake, authorities said Monday.
- Remains of missing 81-year-old California woman found Updated: Aug-24-15 5:53 pm
FRESNO, California - Authorities say they've found skeletal remains believed to be those of an 81-year-old Fresno woman missing for a month.