- Biologists: Second set of pups for wandering wolf OR-7 Updated: Jul-07-15 8:34 pm
GRANTS PASS, Oregon - Biologists have found evidence that Oregon's famous wandering wolf, OR-7, has fathered a second set of pups.
- New Mexico lake sets visitor record during holiday weekend Updated: Jul-07-15 6:44 pm
ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico - The Fourth of July weekend is always big at Elephant Butte Lake State Park, but this year topped them all.
- Police looking for person who tossed puppies from truck Updated: Jul-07-15 6:21 pm
WORLEY, Idaho - Law enforcement officials in northern Idaho say they're turning the search for a person who tossed two puppies out of a truck over to authorities in Washington state.
- Cause of Oklahoma City Zoo sea lion's death remains unclear Updated: Jul-07-15 3:37 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - What caused the death of a 2-year-old sea lion at the Oklahoma City Zoo remains unclear after initial results from a necropsy were inconclusive, according to zoo officials.
- Grand Teton park warns visitors about grizzly bear traps Updated: Jul-07-15 10:02 am
JACKSON, Wyoming - Grizzly bear trapping at Grand Teton National Park will continue through July 12 and officials are asking visitors to stay alert.
- Man to spend 1 month in jail after shooting escaped horse Updated: Jul-07-15 8:52 am
WESTOVER, Maryland - A Somerset County man will spend a month in jail for shooting a miniature horse that escaped his property.
- Panhandle man found with 92 dead, sick cats gets 3 years Updated: Jul-07-15 6:46 am
FORT WALTON BEACH, Florida - A Florida Panhandle man who had 92 dead and sick cats in his home is being sent to prison for three years.
- Dog walks 35 miles, 9 days to find way back home to Carlsbad Updated: Jul-07-15 6:20 am
CARLSBAD, California - A lost dog made her way 35 miles home from Los Penasquitos Canyon Preserve to find her owner asleep in bed.
- Fisherman fights off coyote in Spotswood Updated: Jul-07-15 5:52 am
SPOTSWOOD, New Jersey - Officials are warning Spotswood residents to be on the lookout for a coyote after a teenage fisherman said he fought off the animal.
- Dog dies, man stung by bee swarm in San Bernardino County Updated: Jul-06-15 9:17 pm
LOMA LINDA, California - A dog whose Southern California owner illegally kept bees has died after being stung more than 100 times.
- Grizzly bear shatters barrier at Minnesota Zoo Updated: Jul-06-15 4:27 pm
APPLE VALLEY, Minnesota - A grizzly bear exhibit at the Minnesota Zoo is temporarily closed after one of the bears picked up a basketball-sized rock and shattered a barrier.
- USDA cites West Virginia zoo for handling of tiger cubs Updated: Jul-06-15 4:07 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A West Virginia zoo used tiger cubs in photoshoots without properly feeding or vaccinating them, according to federal inspectors.
- Dog track races in Dubuque see increase in wagering activity Updated: Jul-06-15 3:52 pm
DUBUQUE, Iowa - In its first year under new management, officials at Iowa Greyhound Park are pleased to see an increase in wagering activity since a new season began in mid-May at the facility.
- Fire at California pet boarding facility kills 14 dogs Updated: Jul-06-15 1:22 pm
MONTEREY, California - Authorities say 14 dogs died in a fire at a Central California boarding facility that cares for pets while their owners are away on vacation.
- Mozambique destroys ivory, rhino horn in anti-poaching move Updated: Jul-06-15 1:08 pm
JOHANNESBURG - Mozambique destroyed a large stockpile of confiscated ivory and rhino horn on Monday in an effort to curb severe poaching, the government said.
- Zimbabwean government exports elephants despite protest Updated: Jul-06-15 10:32 am
HARARE, Zimbabwe - Twenty elephants exported to China would be "better off" in Chinese zoos rather than struggling wildlife parks in Zimbabwe, the southern African nation's minister in charge of wildlife said on Monday, dismissing protests from animal rights groups.
- Twin Cities group adds stray dogs to facial recognition app Updated: Jul-06-15 3:46 am
GOLDEN VALLEY, Minnesota - The American Humane Society in the Twin Cities is adding photos of stray dogs it takes in to a database that uses facial-recognition technology to reunite lost pets with their owners.
- Police: Pig found in pool, harassed by dogs, hospitalized Updated: Jul-06-15 3:18 am
PEMBROKE PINES, Florida - Authorities say a pig found in a swimming pool at a home in Broward County, bleeding, while being harassed by two pit bulls has undergone emergency surgery.
- 2 Miss men sentenced in death of Louisiana black bear Updated: Jul-05-15 8:13 pm
JACKSON, Mississippi - A Mississippi taxidermist must pay $4,300 for hiding the skin of a threatened Louisiana black bear from investigators, and a man who helped take the bear to him must pay an equal amount.
- Pair of lions kept as pets by Gaza family arrive in Jordan Updated: Jul-05-15 3:28 pm
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip - Two young lions that had been kept as pets in a Gaza refugee camp traveled Sunday to Jordan where their final destination will be a wildlife sanctuary.
- Bison thrive on the Illinois prairie; 14 calves born Updated: Jul-05-15 2:50 pm
CHICAGO - Love is in the air for bison on an Illinois prairie.
- Pet food maker Stella & Chewy's recalls some products Updated: Jul-05-15 2:34 pm
NEW YORK - Pet food maker Stella & Chewy's is recalling some of its products because a routine test found Listeria in a sample of its chicken freeze-dried dinner patties for dogs.
- Florida prisoners train therapy dogs to help veterans Updated: Jul-05-15 2:10 pm
PENSACOLA, Florida - A group of Florida prisoners are training therapy dogs for veterans suffering from Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder as part of a new program.
- Poop-sniffing dogs work for wildlife researchers Updated: Jul-05-15 10:04 am
SPOKANE, Washington - Shelter dogs too intense or feisty to be adopted are helping wildlife scientists by doing what comes naturally - running through the woods and sniffing for the poop of other animals.
- Missing Tbilisi zoo tiger found dead 3 weeks after flooding Updated: Jul-05-15 9:22 am
TBILISI, Georgia - Workers cleaning up after the flood that destroyed the zoo in Georgia's capital found the carcass of the last missing tiger on the grounds of a swimming complex.