- No bones about it: Dog mayor plans to run for president Updated: Aug-31-15 11:22 am
BURLINGTON, Kentucky - She might be a bit shaggy, but Lucy Lou wants to run for president - and she comes with political experience.
- New Alaska Moose Federation Director to reign in budget Updated: Aug-31-15 7:46 am
ANCHORAGE, Alaska - The new executive director of the Alaska Moose Federation says he will focus on reigning in both the organization's finances and mission.
- The hunt is on for Maine's black bears as season begins Updated: Aug-31-15 4:08 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's annual season for hunting black bears is beginning with hunters heading to the woods to check sites baited for bruins.
- Police: escaped water buffalo is safely back with owner Updated: Aug-30-15 3:40 pm
WESTMINSTER, Massachusetts - A water buffalo on the loose for several hours after escaping from a farm exhibit at a central Massachusetts ski area has been found.
- Sheridan planning to hunt city-dwelling deer Updated: Aug-30-15 1:28 pm
SHERIDAN, Wyoming - Deer looking to put down roots in Sheridan find everything they need within city limits: abundant forage, lack of natural predators and plenty of space to settle down and start a family.
- New North Dakota business turns bison waste into fertilizer Updated: Aug-30-15 11:58 am
LEEDS, North Dakota - A new business in northern North Dakota is turning bison waste into nutrient-rich fertilizer that can be used for landscape, turf, garden and houseplant applications.
- Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie prepares for bison herd Updated: Aug-30-15 11:34 am
WILMINGTON, Illinois - Wildlife officials are preparing for the arrival of an American bison herd at Midewin National Tallgrass Prairie as part of a long-term experimental reintroduction and restoration project.
- BLM will trim rugged Colorado horse herd by 167 Updated: Aug-30-15 11:19 am
GRAND JUNCTION, Colorado - The Bureau of Land Management wants to take 167 horses off land in western Colorado and move them to long-term holding in Canon City next month so they can find them a new home.
- Fewer deer expected to be killed in 2015 NY hunting season Updated: Aug-30-15 8:28 am
ALBANY, New York - State wildlife officials say hunters are expected to kill fewer deer in the upcoming big game season because deer mortality over the past winter will result in fewer antlerless deer permits in parts of the state.
- Utah to raise number of cougar-hunting permits Updated: Aug-29-15 5:46 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah wildlife managers are allowing more hunters to pursue cougars despite pleas from conservationists and animal lovers.
- BLM rounds up wild horses after wildfire ravages habitat Updated: Aug-29-15 3:20 pm
OWYHEE COUNTY, Idaho - U.S. Bureau of Land Management officials are in the process of moving nearly 300 wild horses after a 442-square-mile fire ravaged almost all viable forage.
- Woman and her dog killed in Springfield townhouse fire Updated: Aug-29-15 2:22 pm
SPRINGFIELD, Massachusetts - A woman has been killed in a townhouse fire Friday night in Springfield that also injured two other people.
- Darby man sentenced in bear poaching case Updated: Aug-29-15 2:11 pm
HAMILTON, Montana - A 63-year-old Darby man will no longer be able to hunt, fish and trap in Montana after being sentenced in a bear poaching case.
- Wilmington police kill loose, aggressive pit bull dog Updated: Aug-29-15 12:28 pm
WILMINGTON, Delaware - Wilmington police say two officers shot and killed an aggressive pit bull that was on the loose.
- Photos help connect pets up for adoption with new owners Updated: Aug-29-15 10:52 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - When Susan Frazier decided to adopt a dog last year, she hopped online and started browsing the websites of central Ohio animal groups.
- 2nd dangerous bear in a week euthanized at Lake Tahoe Updated: Aug-29-15 6:14 am
STATELINE, Nevada - For the second time in a week, Nevada wildlife officials say they've been forced to euthanize a dangerous bear at Lake Tahoe.
- Deer hunters can win chance to hunt Platte River valley Updated: Aug-29-15 5:03 am
LINCOLN, Nebraska - Nebraska deer hunters can enter a lottery to win the chance to hunt in the Central Platte River Valley this fall.
- Foraging bears prompt closure of Waterton Canyon Updated: Aug-29-15 3:37 am
LITTLETON, Colorado - Foraging bears in suburban Denver's Waterton Canyon have prompted wildlife officials and Denver Water to close off the area until further notice.
- Monkey business abounds at Dania Beach Updated: Aug-29-15 12:58 am
DANIA BEACH, Florida - For half a century, they have haunted the swampy forests east of Federal Highway.
- Dead whale in Oakland Estuary was struck by ship Updated: Aug-28-15 10:53 pm
ALAMEDA, California - Scientists say a dead whale found floating in the Oakland Estuary was struck by a ship.
- Cecil and Caitlyn heat up the Halloween costume wars early Updated: Aug-28-15 9:46 pm
NEW YORK - Who gets to decide what grown people wear for Halloween?
- Connecticut shuts hiking trails after encounter with bear Updated: Aug-28-15 8:28 pm
HARTFORD, Connecticut - Connecticut environmental officials say they closed hiking trails at a Burlington wildlife area after a hiker reported that a bear approached her.
- Woman accused of killing puppy agrees to smaller jury Updated: Aug-28-15 2:39 pm
URBANA, Illinois - A central Illinois woman accused of killing her boyfriend's pit bull puppy has agreed to a jury of six people instead of 12.
- Fire destroys cat litter maker's upstate NY warehouses Updated: Aug-28-15 2:00 pm
WARRENSBURG, New York - Authorities say a massive fire has destroyed two buildings at an Adirondack company that makes animal bedding and cat litter.
- Triple Crown winner gallops before thousands at 'Pharatoga' Updated: Aug-28-15 1:23 pm
SARATOGA SPRINGS, New York - With a crowd of about 15,000 cheering him all the way, Triple Crown winner American Pharoah went for a glorious gallop around Saratoga Race Course the day before he runs in the $1.6 million Travers Stakes.