- HIV-positive doctor says his dog saved his life Updated: Nov-29-15 6:18 pm
CHICAGO - Rob Garofalo was devastated. He'd built his medical and research career on helping young AIDS patients. Then he learned that he, too, was HIV-positive. The news came after he'd already survived kidney cancer and a breakup with his longtime partner.
- Ohio zoo veterinarian assists snow leopard research in Asia Updated: Nov-29-15 3:36 pm
TOLEDO, Ohio - A Toledo Zoo veterinarian is still giddy after participating in a landmark conservation research effort with a notoriously elusive big cat.
- Officials say acorn shortage could hurt December bear hunt Updated: Nov-29-15 3:11 pm
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A shortage in acorns and other foods that black bears eat could send the animals into hibernation early and potentially hurt the upcoming firearm hunting season, West Virginia wildlife officials said.
- Florida panther makes 800-mile trek in 5 months Updated: Nov-29-15 12:05 pm
PORT ST. LUCIE, Florida - Wildlife officials have tracked a prowling panther's 800-mile trek through central Florida.
- Vermont's rifle deer hunting season ends Sunday Updated: Nov-29-15 8:38 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - Vermont's rifle deer hunting season is wrapping up.
- Rescuers euthanize dolphin calf stranded in California marsh Updated: Nov-28-15 9:36 pm
MOSS LANDING, California - Veterinarians have euthanized a dolphin calf that was rescued after being stranded in a Northern California marsh.
- Coyote carries small dog out of Laguna Beach home's bedroom Updated: Nov-28-15 5:18 pm
LAGUNA BEACH, California - A Laguna Beach family says a brazen coyote came into their home and snatched the family's 8-year-old Chihuahua from a bedroom occupied by a baby girl and two other small dogs.
- Wisconsin deadliest deer season in past 5 years nears end Updated: Nov-28-15 4:48 pm
WAUSAU, Wisconsin - This has been Wisconsin's deadliest gun-deer season in the past five years, with two shooting fatalities already recorded
- Photos of dog with duct-taped mouth upset Volusia residents Updated: Nov-28-15 12:54 pm
DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - A Facebook posting of a dog with its mouth duct-taped shut is causing outrage in the Daytona Beach area.
- Dog blood bank in Utah calls for donations amid shortage Updated: Nov-28-15 10:26 am
SALT LAKE CITY - One of the country's six canine blood banks is located in Salt Lake City, and it's calling on dog owners in the area for help.
- FidoTV: Elkview native launches channel for dog lovers Updated: Nov-28-15 10:21 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - Tad Walden didn't have next door neighbors.
- Maine's hunting seasons for bear, deer and moose ending Updated: Nov-28-15 9:17 am
AUGUSTA, Maine - Maine's big game hunting seasons are ending for the year.
- Kangaroo found hopping on Ohio road is returned to owners Updated: Nov-28-15 3:05 am
NORTH RIDGEVILLE, Ohio - The owners of a kangaroo found hopping down a northeast Ohio street say they can't figure out how it got away from its home at a retreat for rescued animals.
- Police say toddler hospitalized after dog attack at a home Updated: Nov-27-15 10:50 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Police in Raleigh say a 21-month-old boy is hospitalized with life-threatening injuries after a dog attack at a home he and his parents were visiting.
- Utah: Animal found dead in trap appears to be gray wolf Updated: Nov-27-15 6:58 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Utah authorities say an animal that appears to be a gray wolf was found dead in a snare set for a coyote earlier this month near the Wyoming state line.
- Polar bear at Tacoma zoo dies; suffered from liver cancer Updated: Nov-27-15 5:54 pm
TACOMA, Washington - A polar bear at the Point Defiance Zoo and Aquarium in Tacoma has died after undergoing months of chemotherapy.
- Baby red pandas at Philly zoo named Betsy and Ben, of course Updated: Nov-27-15 2:42 pm
PHILADELPHIA - A pair of baby red pandas at the Philadelphia Zoo have been named after two of the city's most famous residents: Betsy and Benjamin.
- Attacking dogs still roaming Pine Ridge Indian Reservation Updated: Nov-27-15 10:46 am
PINE RIDGE, South Dakota - In the year since the death of 8-year-old Jayla Rodriguez on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation, little has been accomplished to keep community members safe from the kind of wild dogs that killed her.
- Dogs search for few remaining traces of invasive nutria Updated: Nov-27-15 10:45 am
CAMBRIDGE, Maryland - The U.S. Department of Agriculture has been using dogs to track down the few invasive nutria rodents that remain in Dorchester County.
- Colorado town passes measures to control cat population Updated: Nov-27-15 9:19 am
GLENWOOD SPRINGS, Colorado - Officials in a Colorado town have passed a measure that encourages residents to vaccinate, spay, neuter and license their cats, although it stops short requiring those steps.
- Appalachian Bear Rescue releases orphaned bears into wild Updated: Nov-27-15 4:56 am
TOWNSEND, Tennessee - The Appalachian Bear Rescue has released two black bear cubs back into the wild.
- Deputies believe suspects intentionally struck deer on road Updated: Nov-27-15 3:37 am
VICTOR, West Virginia - Deputies are searching for a vehicle they believe intentionally struck and killed a deer in the Victor area of Fayette County.
- 2 tiger brothers go on display at Manhattan zoo Updated: Nov-26-15 6:45 pm
MANHATTAN, Kansas - The zoo in Manhattan has two new stripped additions.
- 190K deer killed in Missouri firearms season's first phase Updated: Nov-26-15 5:09 pm
COLUMBIA, Missouri - Missouri hunters are killing more deer after restrictions were lifted in some areas to prevent the spread of chronic wasting disease.
- State permits Sparks to remove nuisance beavers Updated: Nov-26-15 4:55 pm
SPARKS, Nevada - Sparks officials are trapping and removing nuisance beavers that are chewing into trees and building dams that bring the potential for flooding.