- Germany open to new 4-way Ukraine summit Updated: Aug-31-15 10:40 am
BERLIN - German Chancellor Angela Merkel says she's open to holding a new summit with the leaders of Russia, Ukraine and France but that there would have to be hope of progress for it to make sense.
- Balkan summit on migrants overshadowed by migrant deaths Updated: Aug-27-15 11:13 am
VIENNA - Austrian Chancellor Werner Faymann had just finished telling other European leaders that there was an urgent need to crack down on human traffickers when the news came: at least 20 migrants - possibly up to 50 - have been found dead in a truck just miles away.
- US Attorney's office hosting youth safety summit in Detroit Updated: Aug-25-15 4:08 am
DETROIT - The U.S. Attorney's office in Detroit is hosting a leadership and safety summit for youth in the city.
- Solar, wind power draw Obama support at Vegas energy summit Updated: Aug-24-15 9:46 pm
LAS VEGAS - President Barack Obama brought presidential star power to tout the benefits of solar electricity in Western states during an annual green power conference Monday in Las Vegas hosted by U.S. Sen. Harry Reid.
- Poland's new leader seeks greater regional unity, NATO bases Updated: Aug-21-15 4:40 am
WARSAW, Poland - It's been a dream of some Polish leaders for nearly a century: an alliance of Eastern European countries running from the Baltic Sea down to the Black Sea that would keep Russia at bay.
- China plays down US human rights concerns Updated: Aug-15-15 12:15 am
WASHINGTON - China is open to talking about human rights at a September leadership summit with the U.S. but the two world powers should not let the issue "dominate" the discussions, a senior Chinese official said Friday.
- Australia criticized over greenhouse-gas reduction target Updated: Aug-11-15 1:34 am
CANBERRA, Australia - Australia has been criticized over its new greenhouse-gas reduction target which lags behind the ambitions of most wealthy countries.