- THE LATEST: GOP presidential candidates gather in Florida Updated: Jun-02-15 9:26 am
ORLANDO, Florida - The latest from an "economic summit" hosted by Florida Gov. Rick Scott, where several of the leading Republican candidates, and expected candidates, for president are speaking Tuesday:
- Greece submits draft bailout plan, creditors say not enough Updated: Jun-02-15 7:42 am
ATHENS, Greece - Greece has submitted a proposal for an agreement with its bailout creditors, the prime minister said Tuesday, as the country seeks a deal that will unlock desperately needed rescue money.
- Oklahoma's first teacher climate summit set for July 28-29 Updated: Jun-02-15 3:11 am
NORMAN, Oklahoma - In-depth climate science curriculum and activities will be showcased for Oklahoma's classroom teachers at the state's first teacher climate summit.
- GOP presidential candidates in Florida for economic summit Updated: Jun-02-15 3:05 am
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Florida - Six Republican presidential candidates or potential candidates will speak at an economic summit organized by Florida Gov. Rick Scott.
- Russia's Putin shut out from G-7 meeting, but not much else Updated: May-31-15 1:41 am
WASHINGTON - Russia's Vladimir Putin won't be on the guest list when President Barack Obama and other world leaders assemble in Germany next week, as part of the punishment for alleged Kremlin-supported aggression in Ukraine.
- Impasse over China's island-building shows no sign of easing Updated: May-30-15 9:53 am
SINGAPORE - China vigorously defended its South China Sea land reclamation projects in the face of persistent criticism from U.S. leaders at an international security summit Saturday as the standoff in the Asia-Pacific region shows few signs of abating.
- US presses Europeans at meeting to solve Greek crisis Updated: May-29-15 9:26 am
DRESDEN, Germany - Finance ministers from the Group of Seven wealthy democracies heard a sharp call from U.S. Treasury Secretary Jacob Lew to find agreement on more financial help for Greece.
- APEC trade chiefs vow to speed up work in WTO Updated: May-24-15 10:23 am
MANILA, Philippines - Trade ministers from 21 Asia-Pacific countries on Sunday issued strong support to the World Trade Organization's efforts to boost global trade amid a flurry of regional free trade agreements.
- EU chief Juncker calls Hungary's Orban 'dictator' - in jest Updated: May-22-15 1:20 pm
- NATO announces next summit will be July 2016 in Warsaw Updated: May-22-15 11:17 am
BRUSSELS - NATO says its next summit will take place July 8-9, 2016 in Warsaw, Poland as the alliance continues to reshape itself to meet new security challenges.
- EU embrace of eastern partners turns lukewarm Updated: May-22-15 10:32 am
RIGA, Latvia - The European Union reaffirmed its partnership with six post-Soviet nations Friday but offered them no new prospects of future membership in the Western bloc at a summit overshadowed by the Ukraine crisis.
- UN climate fund passes financing threshold with Japan deal Updated: May-21-15 6:31 am
RIGA, Latvia - The U.N.'s fund for climate aid to developing countries says it now has enough cash to kick off projects before a key climate summit in Paris.
- France wants business world to help curb climate change Updated: May-20-15 12:32 pm
PARIS - French President Francois Hollande is calling on business leaders to get more involved in fighting global warming by financing climate-friendly projects and investing in green technologies.
- Albania hosts security summit on extremist recruitment Updated: May-19-15 9:34 am
TIRANA, Albania - Security officials from the western Balkans and several European Union countries were meeting in Albania Tuesday as part of a U.S. government initiative to fight European recruitment by violent Islamic groups to fight in Iraq and Syria.
- Obama vows to keep Arab allies secure amid Iran deal fears Updated: May-15-15 3:44 am
WASHINGTON - Charging toward an Iran nuclear agreement, President Barack Obama is assuring Arab allies that they are safe from the threat of an empowered Tehran as he seeks to shore up some of America's most critical security partnerships. However, Obama's claim of winning Arab support for his nuclear diplomacy appears far from certain.
- India's Modi meets Xi on China visit amid warming ties Updated: May-14-15 7:04 am
XI'AN, China - President Xi Jinping praised China's warming ties with India during a meeting Thursday between the leaders of Asia's rising powers and rivals, which included a rare touch of personal diplomacy for a Chinese leader.
- Bahrain king to attend horse show instead of US-Gulf summit Updated: May-13-15 1:23 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - Bahrain's king will be attending a horse show in Britain rather than the summit between the U.S. and Gulf leaders at Camp David.
- Romania turns hacking crisis into advantage, helping Ukraine Updated: May-13-15 3:34 am
BUCHAREST, Romania - Ukraine is turning to an unlikely partner in its struggle to defend itself against Russian cyber warfare: Romania.
- Obama to meet with Saudi leaders ahead of Gulf summit Updated: May-12-15 7:05 pm
WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama will meet Wednesday with top Saudi leaders skeptical of his nuclear negotiations with Iran.
- No breakthrough as Kerry meets Russia's Putin Updated: May-12-15 5:06 pm
SOCHI, Russia - The United States and Russia emerged Tuesday from their most extensive, high-level talks in years vowing closer cooperation on Ukraine and Syria but unable to point to any breakthrough or new approach to bridge the major differences separating the two powers.
- Along with Saudi king, most Gulf rulers to skip US summit Updated: May-11-15 1:37 pm
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates - It is not just the Saudi king who will be skipping the Camp David summit of U.S. and allied Arab leaders. Most Gulf heads of state won't be there.
- Saudi King Salman to miss Gulf nation summit in US Updated: May-10-15 5:17 pm
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia - Saudi Arabia's King Salman will not attend a Camp David summit of U.S. and allied Arab leaders, his foreign minister, Adel al-Jubeir, said Sunday.
- Atlanta Nobel peace summit board members resign Updated: May-09-15 9:04 pm
ATLANTA - Talks to save the Atlanta Nobel peace summit aren't going peacefully.
- French president says UN climate fund could help Caribbean Updated: May-09-15 5:07 pm
FORT-DE-FRANCE, Martinique - French President Francois Hollande told Caribbean leaders on Saturday that a planned international green fund could help the vulnerable, tourism-dependent region mitigate the effects of climate change.
- Immigrant students heckle UC president during summit speech Updated: May-07-15 11:59 pm
OAKLAND, California - University of California students living illegally in the United States have disrupted a speech by UC President Janet Napolitano at a summit on undocumented students.