- Students see fruits of their labor with school garden Updated: Oct-10-15 10:38 am
SIOUX CITY, Iowa - Riverside Elementary fourth-grader Connor McKewon gave his family an unexpected answer when asked what he'd learned in school on a recent day.
- Research beefing up steaks, hamburgers with healthy omega-3s Updated: Oct-09-15 1:49 am
WICHITA, Kansas - Health-conscious consumers might be persuaded to eat more beef if it was fortified with heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids naturally found in salmon and walnuts, according to researchers and some ranchers who are feeding cattle flaxseed - even marine algae - with an eye to offering another wholesome dinner choice.
- Wal-Mart expands protein bars to main grocery aisles Updated: Oct-06-15 6:18 pm
NEW YORK - Protein and health bars at Wal-Mart are getting ready for prime time.
- Peoples Health donates $240K to Meals on Wheels Updated: Sep-24-15 1:41 pm
KENNER, Louisiana - A $240,000 donation from Peoples Health will ensure that 1,200 Jefferson Parish senior citizens and disabled residents will receive a meal daily.
- Vegan lifestyle transforms couple's life Updated: Sep-20-15 3:20 pm
WINCHESTER, Oregon - Last month, Joe Clyde's neurologist told him he has the slowest-progressing case of Parkinson's disease he's ever seen.
- Another food fight? Congress mulls school meal standards Updated: Sep-18-15 3:40 am
WASHINGTON - Congress is deciding whether it wants another pitched battle with first lady Michelle Obama and the administration over school lunches that put more whole grains in kids' meals and cut salty foods.
- Target, developing healthier habits, hands workers Fitbits Updated: Sep-16-15 4:35 pm
MINNEAPOLIS - Target is going on a health kick, aimed at both customers and its employees.