- Teaching kitchen helps to educate public in smart eating Updated: Jun-01-15 9:23 am
TERRE HAUTE, Indiana - Jessica Harkness hopped onto a stationary bicycle, furiously pedaling to liquefy the contents of a blender attached to the front.
- Bustling markets inside DC's elementary schools Updated: May-31-15 10:05 am
WASHINGTON - It's an idyllic spring afternoon near D.C.'s Southwest waterfront: Kids play peacefully with their friends, occasionally taking a break to dance to music coming from a corner stereo. Parents float from one stand of fresh produce to another, while chefs tend to hot pans and fill the air with smells of sautÃ©ed garlic and onions.
- Dietitian: Homemade Spam is healthier, offers personal touch Updated: May-31-15 8:05 am
HONOLULU - If your head is telling you to start your day with a bowl of oatmeal but your heart yearns to open that blue can of salty meat - you know the one- maybe it's time to take a lesson from Sharon Kaiulani Odom.
- Healthy foods company hopes to add 200-250 Pennsylvania jobs Updated: May-29-15 8:27 am
HANOVER, Pennsylvania - A company that sells specialty fresh vegetables and healthy party trays plans to add 200 to 250 employees by more than tripling the size of its south-central Pennsylvania operation.
- Pot activist NJ Weedman cooking up a restaurant, temple Updated: May-26-15 4:05 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - A marijuana activist and sometimes political candidate is set to open his own restaurant in New Jersey's capital city.
- Group seeks donations to help pay for summer food program Updated: May-21-15 10:10 am
BLOOMINGTON, Indiana - For about one-third of local schoolchildren, summer vacation isn't just a break from classes and homework.
- Cooperative agriculture delivery services growing Updated: May-12-15 11:28 am
WALNUT, Kansas - Twenty years ago, Darren Swartz dressed in a suit and tie each day as a sales representative for a Kansas City-based pharmaceutical company. He grew hot peppers in pots on his urban patio.