- Peru declares emergency over mercury contamination Updated: May-23-16 6:42 pm
LIMA, Peru - Peru's government declared an emergency across a broad jungle region Monday because of mercury contamination caused by wildcat gold mining.
- Study: Water-sucking industry a factor as New Orleans sinks Updated: May-19-16 1:05 pm
NEW ORLEANS - Geologists have long known that New Orleans is slowly sinking - but now, scientists using radar technology say groundwater sucked up by industrial facilities such as a power plant, oil refineries and chemical complexes may be contributing to the problem and could even be undermining levees.
- Vermont Fish and Wildlife reminding anglers of sturgeon Updated: May-15-16 9:01 am
MONTPELIER, Vermont - The Vermont Department of Fish and Wildlife is warning anglers about the need to protect the endangered species of fish known as sturgeon.
- Corps launches study of Souris River Valley flood protection Updated: May-09-16 10:32 am
MINOT, North Dakota - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers this week is launching a study of permanent flood protection for the Souris River Basin, which includes Minot.
- Toxic Algae found at Pattison Lake Updated: May-07-16 1:29 pm
OLYMPIA, Washington - Thurston County health officials are warning people and pets to stay away from Pattison Lake.
- New York publishes new atlas of its inland fisheries Updated: May-03-16 12:20 am
ALBANY, New York - New York conservation and education officials say the state has published a new book about its freshwater fish.