- Army Corps Engineers denies funding for Red River study Updated: Feb-11-16 8:15 am
SHREVEPORT, Louisiana - The U.S. Army Corps Engineers has denied funding for a study of Red River which was requested in response to flooding in June.
- Corps of Engineers to study Souris River flood protection Updated: Feb-10-16 10:00 am
MINOT, North Dakota - Long-term flood protection for Minot and the Souris River Basin is among a select group of projects the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers plans to study this year.
- Studies aim to restore habitat of imperiled Northwest fish Updated: Feb-08-16 6:12 pm
BOISE, Idaho - Scientists in the Pacific Northwest are studying more than a dozen watersheds to develop templates on habitat restoration that could be used in similar streams to bolster struggling fish populations.
- Agency seeks reports of algae blooms in Potomac River basin Updated: Jan-22-16 3:16 am
HAGERSTOWN, Maryland - A government agency is asking people in four states and the District of Columbia to report algae blooms in rivers and streams that drain into the Potomac River.
- ECHO host annual Martin Luther King Jr. celebration Updated: Jan-16-16 8:57 am
BURLINGTON, Vermont - The ECHO science center and lake aquarium in Burlington is holding its annual Martin Luther King Jr. Day celebration with discussions, music, activities and free admission.