- NH attorney general offers guidance after data breach Updated: Oct-06-15 7:35 am
CONCORD, New Hampshire - The state attorney general says about 21,000 New Hampshire residents who are T-Mobile wireless customers may have had personal data exposed in the recent breach at the Experian credit reporting agency.
- Wireless service now available at PATCO train stations Updated: Oct-06-15 7:21 am
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Passengers on the PATCO commuter train line can now update their status, check email and play online games at stations in southern New Jersey and Philadelphia.
- NY attorney general offers guidance after data breach Updated: Oct-06-15 3:01 am
ALBANY, New York - The state attorney general says more than 1 million New Yorkers who are T-Mobile wireless customers may have had personal data exposed in the recent breach at the Experian credit reporting agency, suggesting steps to protect against identity theft.
- Lawmakers continue studying broadband options for Idaho Updated: Oct-05-15 5:44 pm
BOISE, Idaho - School districts in Idaho should continue securing their own Internet rather than relying on a statewide system, an Internet provider told lawmakers Monday.
- Why credit bureau Experian has data on T-Mobile customers Updated: Oct-02-15 6:13 pm
NEW YORK - In the latest high-profile breach of a U.S. organization, hackers broke into Experian's database of information on 15 million T-Mobile customers and potential customers. But what is Experian, and why does the credit bureau keep data on a wireless carrier's customers?
- Experian says 15M have info stolen in hack of T-Mobile data Updated: Oct-01-15 7:06 pm
NEW YORK - Hackers have stolen personal information belonging to about 15 million T-Mobile wireless customers and potential customers in the U.S., including Social Security numbers, home addresses, birthdates and other personal information.
- LG unveils smartphone with dual display, improved camera Updated: Oct-01-15 1:31 am
SEOUL, South Korea - South Korean smartphone maker LG Electronics Inc. unveiled a new smartphone Thursday with an additional screen and a camera that can capture a wider scene when taking a selfie, hoping to arrest a slide in its market share.
- Google unveils Nexus phones with 'Marshmallow' flavor Updated: Sep-29-15 3:17 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Google is countering the release of Apple's latest iPhones with two devices running on a new version of Android software designed to steer and document even more of its users' lives.
- Why phones break: Screens get stronger, yet we demand more Updated: Sep-29-15 12:10 pm
NEW YORK - Ask a roomful of people to take out their phones, and you're bound to see several with cracked screens.
- Why Europe isn't creating any Googles or Facebooks Updated: Sep-22-15 12:29 pm
HELSINKI - Micha Benoliel grew up in France and launched his first technology startup there, but he never forgot the atmosphere of adventure and optimism in San Francisco, where he studied in the early 1990s.
- Review: Better photos, animated shots in new iPhones Updated: Sep-22-15 8:54 am
NEW YORK - Photography gets even better with Apple's new iPhones.
- Metro nears new deal for cell service throughout tunnels Updated: Sep-22-15 7:05 am
WASHINGTON - Metro has announced that it has reached a new agreement with four major cellular carriers on a plan that will allow riders to both talk and use the Internet on their phones throughout the transit system's tunnels by the end of the decade.
- Declining smartphone maker HTC booted from blue chip index Updated: Sep-21-15 4:46 am
TAIPEI, Taiwan - Taiwan's stock exchange has removed smartphone maker HTC from its index of blue chip companies, signposting the dramatic decline of a business that once ranked as Taiwan's No. 1 brand and dazzled consumers with some of the world's first Android handsets.
- State grant to help Carbondale business Internet service Updated: Sep-19-15 5:51 pm
CARBONDALE, Colorado - Businesses with only a few people who want to work from home in Carbondale are having problems because Internet service is limited, especially during prime business hours.
- Altice buying Cablevision for $17.7B as it expands in US Updated: Sep-16-15 11:22 pm
NEW YORK - European telecommunications and cable company Altice has agreed to buy New York cable operator Cablevision for $17.7 billion, including debt, according to a person familiar with the matter.
- Apple touts environmental upgrade in latest iPhones Updated: Sep-16-15 3:11 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple has given its latest iPhones an environmental upgrade to go along with a better camera and a few new features.
- 2 men charged with ripping off mobile phone customers Updated: Sep-14-15 6:43 pm
NEW YORK - Two cellphone industry executives have been charged with making millions of dollars illegally by duping customers into paying for text messages about horoscopes, celebrity gossip and trivia.
- Apple says sales for latest iPhones may surpass other models Updated: Sep-14-15 11:21 am
NEW YORK - Preorders for its latest iPhone have been so strong that Apple expects to surpass last year's record, when it sold 10 million phones during the first weekend.
- Ohio Turnpike cuts deal aimed at expanding wireless coverage Updated: Sep-14-15 5:02 am
BEREA, Ohio - The Ohio Turnpike is working to beef up wireless coverage along the 241-mile toll road through a new partnership with Diamond Communications.
- TeliaSonera, Telenor scrap merger of Danish units Updated: Sep-11-15 5:43 am
STOCKHOLM - Telecom operators TeliaSonera and Telenor have abandoned a proposed merger of their Danish operations due to concerns by European Union regulators that it would stifle competition.
- Out with the old...iPhones? 4 ways to reuse, resell, recycle Updated: Sep-11-15 4:08 am
NEW YORK - Each year, Apple dazzles its devoted fans with faster, sleeker, more powerful iPhones with better cameras and a bevy of bells and whistles. So, what's to become of last year's model?
- Nintendo, Google spinoff Niantic in smartphone Pokemon game Updated: Sep-10-15 10:09 am
TOKYO - Imagine coming out of your office, home, or school and getting an alert: A Pikachu is lurking behind a nearby tree, and the chase is on.
- Seeing pope in US? Pics, tweets and streaming video Updated: Sep-10-15 9:56 am
PHILADELPHIA - Pope Francis' personality is more joyful than grumpy cat, his vestments undeniably white and gold - not blue or black - and you'll never hear him say OMG or ermahgerd.
- Apple stakes new claim to living room, shows new iPhones Updated: Sep-09-15 11:42 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - Apple staked a new claim to the living room on Wednesday, as the maker of iPhones and other hand-held gadgets unveiled an Internet TV system that's designed as a beachhead for the tech giant's broader ambitions to deliver a wide range of information, games, music and video to the home.
- The Latest: A stronger frame in new iPhones Updated: Sep-09-15 2:36 pm
SAN FRANCISCO - The latest news on iPhones and other products from Apple's event in San Francisco. All times are PDT.