- 'Whitey' Bulger movie gets private Massachusetts screening Updated: Sep-15-15 11:27 pm
BROOKLINE, Massachusetts - A movie about gangster James "Whitey" Bulger's violent reign as leader of Boston's criminal underworld got its first screening in the state Tuesday.
- Lorenzo Vigas' 'From Afar' wins Golden Lion at Venice Updated: Sep-12-15 4:21 pm
VENICE, Italy - Venezuelan director Lorenzo Vigas' powerful Caracas-set drama "From Afar" won the Venice Film Festival's top Golden Lion prize on Saturday, as filmmakers from the Americas beat established European directors for the main trophies.
- War, migrants' plight lend somber tone to Venice Film Fest Updated: Sep-11-15 12:07 pm
VENICE, Italy - Five words sum up this year's Venice Film Festival: "Based on a true story."
- VENICE WATCH: Laurie Anderson dwells on death in Venice Updated: Sep-11-15 9:58 am
VENICE, Italy - The 72nd Venice Film Festival, which runs through Saturday, is bringing red carpet premieres, innovative movies and Hollywood glamour to the Italian city. Here's what has been catching the eye of The Associated Press:
- UN-backed documentary 'Human' aims to capture the world Updated: Sep-10-15 8:11 am
VENICE, Italy - With wars, atrocities and the desperation of refugees dominating the daily news, it's easy to feel despair about human nature.
- Charlie Kaufman is back with adult animation 'Anomalisa' Updated: Sep-09-15 1:16 pm
VENICE, Italy - It is strange but true that one of the most human, emotionally complex movies at the Venice Film Festival features a cast of puppets.
- New film charts short life and long legacy of Janis Joplin Updated: Sep-08-15 3:39 pm
VENICE, Italy - Back when rock 'n' roll was still a new adventure, Janis Joplin proved it wasn't just for the boys.
- True-crime film thriller 'El Clan' wows Argentina and Venice Updated: Sep-08-15 8:44 am
VENICE, Italy - The notion of blood ties takes on new meaning in Argentine true-crime horror story "El Clan" ("The Clan"), which is competing at the Venice Film Festival after causing a sensation in its homeland.