- More than 71,000 remain without power after Oklahoma storm Updated: Nov-29-15 5:31 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - More than 71,000 power outages remain across Oklahoma after a slow-moving storm brought ice and freezing rain to western and central sections of the state.
- The Latest: More than 80,000 in Oklahoma without power Updated: Nov-28-15 6:15 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - The latest on wintry weather and heavy rainfall in Oklahoma (all times local):
- Power restored to all 10 days after Washington windstorm Updated: Nov-27-15 12:30 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Power has been restored to everyone in the Spokane, Washington, area who was left in the dark by a massive windstorm more than a week earlier.
- Sierra storm bringing snow, 60 mph winds, power outages Updated: Nov-24-15 8:38 pm
RENO, Nevada - A snowstorm packing 50 mph winds blew into Lake Tahoe and northern Nevada on Tuesday, slowing mountain travelers getting an early start on the holiday, kicking up dust storms along U.S. Interstate 80 east of Reno and briefly knocking out power to thousands along the Sierra's eastern front.
- Eversource upgrades technology to respond to power outages Updated: Nov-23-15 3:32 pm
MANCHESTER, New Hampshire - New Hampshire's largest utility has put all aspects of electric systems operations and outage response under one roof to better respond to power failures.
- Storm leaves about 1,800 without power in northern Indiana Updated: Nov-22-15 2:43 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The power is coming back on for some northern Indiana residents after the first winter storm of the season.
- Explosions at Ukrainian towers leave Crimea without power Updated: Nov-22-15 9:09 am
MOSCOW - Two electricity transmission towers in Ukraine were damaged by explosions, leaving most of the nearly 2 million people on the disputed Crimean Peninsula without power on Sunday, the Russian Energy Ministry said.
- More than 60,000 still without power following storm Updated: Nov-21-15 6:48 pm
SPOKANE, Washington - Power company Avista says about 61,000 customers remained without power Saturday in the Spokane area.
- The Latest: Oregon woman trapped after tree falls on home Updated: Nov-18-15 4:03 pm
SEATTLE - The latest on the deadly windstorm that swept across the Pacific Northwest (all times local):
- News organizations ask high court to open storm fine records Updated: Nov-18-15 3:48 pm
HARRISBURG, Pennsylvania - A group of Pennsylvania news organizations asked the state Supreme Court on Wednesday to overturn a ruling that bars public access to records about PPL's response to a major power outage in October 2011.
- National Weather Service issues wind advisory for Indiana Updated: Nov-18-15 12:34 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - The National Weather Service has issued a wind advisory for much of central Indiana.
- AP WAS THERE: 50 years ago, power failed across Northeast US Updated: Nov-08-15 7:11 pm
EDITOR'S NOTE: Subway riders stranded underground. Workers trapped between floors in elevators. Streets packed with honking cars and pedestrians, some panicked, some exhilarated. And illuminating it all, only the light of the November moon.
- Suspect at large after crash causes Green Bay power outage Updated: Nov-08-15 12:40 pm
GREEN BAY, Wisconsin - The Wisconsin State Patrol says a suspect remains at large after crashing a stolen car during a chase and causing a brief power outage in the Green Bay area.
- New storm preparation center pairs UConn, power company Updated: Nov-08-15 9:19 am
STORRS, Connecticut - Two days before Superstorm Sandy struck Connecticut in 2012, UConn scientists fed measurements from the storm and historical data from others into a computer model they developed and forecast where the most damage and power outages would occur.
- Power restored to 1,500 Syracuse households after outage Updated: Nov-07-15 2:12 pm
SYRACUSE, New York - Power has been restored to 1,500 households in Syracuse after an outage caused by a downed power line.