- Power restored to thousands following NY substation fire Updated: May-27-16 12:14 pm
NEW YORK - Power has been restored to New York customers who were left in the dark following a substation fire.
- Large power outage disrupts Seattle's downtown core Updated: May-25-16 6:16 pm
SEATTLE - A noon-time power outage in Seattle's downtown core turned intersections into parking lots, left people stranded in elevators and disrupted the city's transit system.
- The Latest: Determining cause of power outage may take days Updated: May-25-16 6:01 pm
SEATTLE - The Latest on a power outage affecting downtown Seattle (all times local):
- Denver airport train running again after power outage Updated: May-25-16 10:05 am
DENVER - The new train line between Denver and the city's airport is running again after a power outage stranded about 80 passengers on an overpass.
- Sioux Falls man accused of crashing vehicle, causing outages Updated: May-24-16 2:49 am
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - A Sioux Falls man is accused of crashing a vehicle into a utility pole, causing outages of power, Internet and cable.
- Severe storms move across southern Louisiana, Mississippi Updated: May-20-16 1:22 pm
NEW ORLEANS - A line of severe thunderstorm moved across southern Louisiana and the Mississippi coast late Thursday night, bringing damaging winds and heavy rain.
- The Latest: High school cancels classes after power outage Updated: May-20-16 12:49 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - The Latest on a large power outage in the Salt Lake City area (all times local):
- Nighttime power outage affects thousands in Salt Lake area Updated: May-20-16 11:13 am
SALT LAKE CITY - Authorities say some 85,000 homes and businesses lost power for hours in some cases amid windy weather in the Salt Lake City area.
- Xcel says it is working on plan to curb Fargo power outages Updated: May-18-16 5:59 pm
BISMARCK, North Dakota - Xcel Energy has replaced more than a mile of old underground cable in Fargo as part of an effort to help curb a spate of power outages that have bedeviled the state's biggest city in recent weeks, the utility told North Dakota regulators Wednesday.
- Report: California will have enough power for summer months Updated: May-18-16 5:38 pm
LOS ANGELES - California generally has enough electricity on tap to keep air conditioners humming this summer, but a heat wave could leave millions of Southern Californians without power in the aftermath of a huge natural gas well blowout, the state's power-grid operator warned Wednesday.
- Dust storms, thunderstorms moving through Maricopa County Updated: May-17-16 10:04 pm
PHOENIX - Dust storms and thunderstorms are moving through parts of Maricopa County.
- Strong storm brings wind, hail to St. Louis area Updated: May-11-16 6:53 pm
ST. LOUIS - Nearly 30,000 Ameren Corp. customers in the St. Louis area are without power after a strong thunderstorm hit the region.
- Power restored after outage caused by animal in substation Updated: May-11-16 8:35 am
SEATTLE - Seattle City Light says electricity has been restored to more than 38,000 customers who had lost power after an animal entered a substation and caused a disruption in service.
- Tens of thousands lose power in Montana spring snowstorm Updated: May-10-16 12:42 pm
HELENA, Montana - A spring storm swept through Montana, dumping up to 20 inches of snow in the mountains and knocking out power to tens of thousands of people across the state, officials said Tuesday.
- Amtrak service restored in Northeast after power outage Updated: May-06-16 9:03 pm
NEW YORK - Amtrak says service has been restored along the busy Northeast corridor between New York City and New Haven, Connecticut after being suspended for nearly two hours because of a power outage.
- Tornado topples trees, snaps power lines near Wilmington Updated: May-06-16 6:54 am
WILMINGTON, North Carolina - The National Weather Service says a tornado struck northern New Hanover County, uprooting trees and damaging some homes.
- Utility installing home batteries that stockpile power Updated: May-04-16 4:47 pm
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Green Mountain Power in Vermont said Wednesday it has begun installing home batteries that enables customers to store power for use during outages.
- 3,300 northern Utah homes without power after wind storm Updated: May-02-16 5:12 pm
SALT LAKE CITY - Thousands of residents in northern Utah and surrounding areas don't have power after a powerful wind storm hit the area over the weekend.
- The Latest: Gov. Herbert visits city damaged by wind Updated: May-01-16 4:46 pm
OGDEN, Utah - The Latest on windy weather causing power outages and damage in northern Utah (all times local):
- Boil water advisory issued for large part of Atlanta Updated: May-01-16 2:57 pm
ATLANTA - Atlanta officials have issued a boil water advisory for several parts of the city after a power outage knocked out two pumping stations offline.
- Power restored to 20,000 in Riverside County Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
HEMET, California - Power has been restored to 20,000 Southern California Edison customers in Riverside County but some had to wait more than eight hours.