- Driven by power outages and savings, towns look to microgrid Updated: Feb-07-16 10:26 am
ALBANY, New York - An upstate New York town that repeatedly found itself without power for days during a string of storms is planning a dramatic step by pulling its municipal buildings entirely off the electric grid.
- The Latest: 6-year-old hit by falling tree limb dies Updated: Feb-05-16 8:10 pm
BOSTON - The Latest on a winter storm that dropped more than a foot of snow on some areas of the Northeast (all times local):
- Power restored at University of Connecticut buildings Updated: Feb-04-16 11:42 pm
STORRS, Connecticut - Power has been restored to several buildings at the University of Connecticut campus in Storrs after an outage darkened several buildings and caused some classes to be canceled.
- High winds knock out power to 11K customers in upstate NY Updated: Feb-03-16 7:05 am
BUFFALO, New York - High winds are being blamed for downing power lines and knocking out electricity service to more than 11,000 utility customers in parts of upstate New York.
- Less than 4,000 lack power as utilities restore service Updated: Feb-02-16 1:39 pm
OMAHA, Nebraska - The number of Nebraska utility customers without power because of the snow and wind has been cut to less than 4,000 by midday Tuesday.
- Powerful winds persist as winter storm lashes California Updated: Feb-01-16 9:59 pm
LOS ANGELES - Powerful winds lashed Southern California on Monday at the tail end of a winter storm that also brought heavy rain and mountain snow - closing roads, leaving thousands without power and injuring two television news journalists.
- The Latest: 2 San Diego journalists hurt in storm coverage Updated: Feb-01-16 9:36 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on a winter storm lashing California (all times local):
- India cities get funds to tackle woes from sewage to traffic Updated: Jan-28-16 8:04 am
NEW DELHI - India took a step toward modernizing its cities on Thursday by awarding 20 with funds to solve problems from shoddy sewage treatment to snarled traffic.
- Virginians venture out to deal with snowstorm's aftermath Updated: Jan-25-16 5:11 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - Virginians ventured out Monday to deal with the aftermath of a deadly winter storm that dumped more than 3 feet of snow in some places, although state government offices and many schools remained closed and officials warned that roads and highways still posed safety hazards.
- States deal with a variety of issues after historic blizzard Updated: Jan-25-16 3:17 pm
From getting the most snow to treacherous Monday morning commutes, here's a look at how states along the East Coast are digging out from the weekend blizzard.
- The Latest: Governor: 50,000 remain without power in NC Updated: Jan-25-16 2:59 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The Latest on last week's snow and ice storm in North Carolina (all times local):
- 2,000 people lose power after electrical fire in Sioux Falls Updated: Jan-25-16 2:48 pm
SIOUX FALLS, South Dakota - More than 2,000 people in Sioux Falls lost power Monday after an electrical pole caught fire.
- Snowstorm did not cause the feared widespread power outages Updated: Jan-25-16 1:20 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on the big weekend snowstorm in Virginia as residents began to dig out (all times local):
- Duke Energy reports 11,000 customers without electricity Updated: Jan-25-16 7:11 am
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Thousands of North Carolinians still have no electricity after the big snowstorm that swept through the East Coast over the weekend.
- The Latest: Outage numbers shrink in the Carolinas Updated: Jan-24-16 5:55 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - The latest on effects of a massive snowstorm that hit the Carolinas hard before moving north up the East Coast (all times local):
- Coroner: South Carolina couple dies of carbon monoxide Updated: Jan-24-16 3:02 pm
GREENVILLE, South Carolina - Authorities say an elderly couple in Greenville, South Carolina, has died of carbon monoxide poisoning during the massive winter snow storm.
- Power restored across much of the Mid-Atlantic region Updated: Jan-24-16 1:57 pm
BALTIMORE - Power companies across the Mid-Atlantic region are working to restore power in Maryland, Delaware, Virginia and the District.
- Utility says power restored to thousands on Long Island Updated: Jan-23-16 7:07 pm
NEW YORK - Workers have restored power to more than 22,000 customers whose service was affected by a massive snowstorm blanketing New York City and Long Island.
- Sailboat mast gets caught in power lines, causes outages Updated: Jan-23-16 3:32 pm
BELMAR, New Jersey - Utility crews have run into an unexpected obstacle as they try to restore power in one Jersey shore community.
- The Latest: Power knocked out in northeast Georgia, Atlanta Updated: Jan-23-16 12:22 pm
ATLANTA - The latest on the snow and ice expected to hit north Georgia as part of a large storm system moving toward the East Coast. (all times local)
- Maine utility crews head south to help restore power Updated: Jan-23-16 10:46 am
BANGOR, Maine - Utility crews in Maine are heading south to assist with power outages caused by a massive snowstorm pummeling the mid-Atlantic region.
- Eastern Shore, Delaware see outages during snowstorm Updated: Jan-23-16 10:19 am
WASHINGTON - As a snowstorm pummels the mid-Atlantic region, Maryland's Eastern Shore and southern Delaware are seeing most of the region's power outages.
- The Latest: National Guard assisting in Rockcastle County Updated: Jan-22-16 6:20 pm
LOUISVILLE, Kentucky - The latest on a winter storm that forecasters say could dump a few inches to more than a foot of snow in Kentucky (all times local).
- The Latest: Several crashes reported on I-85 and I-385 Updated: Jan-22-16 4:38 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest developments in a winter storm bringing snow and freezing rain to portions of South Carolina:
- Ohio officials urge winter storm precautions for residents Updated: Jan-22-16 3:06 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - With a major winter storm possible in some areas this weekend, state officials are urging Ohioans to be prepared in case of potential power outages or snowed-in conditions.