- The Latest: University of South Carolina avoids worst floods Updated: Oct-06-15 2:27 pm
COLUMBIA, South Carolina - The latest on the rainstorm that pounded parts of the East Coast (all times local):
- Georgia utilities: Rains knock out power to 33,000 customers Updated: Oct-05-15 1:20 pm
ATLANTA - Heavy rains over the weekend knocked out power to more than 30,000 customers statewide and led at least two schools districts in the northeast Georgia mountains to cancel classes Monday.
- The Latest: Surfer enjoys outing in Chesapeake Bay Updated: Oct-03-15 2:06 pm
RICHMOND, Virginia - The latest on heavy rains in Virginia. (All times local):
- The Latest: New Jersey storms leave hundreds without power Updated: Oct-03-15 1:41 pm
MIDDLE TOWNSHIP, New Jersey - The latest on severe weather in New Jersey. All times local:
- Power restored after widespread outage on KU campus Updated: Oct-02-15 9:27 am
LAWRENCE, Kansas - The lights are back on at the University of Kansas after an electrical circuit failure caused widespread outages at the Lawrence campus.
- Vermont's Green Mountain Power preparing for storm Updated: Oct-02-15 3:35 am
COLCHESTER, Vermont - Vermont's largest electric utility says it's getting ready in case Hurricane Joaquin reaches the state.
- Alaska storm drops 11.2 inches of snow in Fairbanks Updated: Sep-30-15 4:55 pm
FAIRBANKS, Alaska - Thousands of Alaska residents are without power after a major snowstorm socked the Fairbanks area and forced a grocery to store frozen food outside.
- Power restored after outage closes swath of Camden Updated: Sep-30-15 12:04 pm
CAMDEN, New Jersey - Power is back on in downtown Camden only after college classes were canceled and some government buildings were closed.
- Power outage kills thousands of Arkansas prison's chickens Updated: Sep-28-15 6:51 pm
LITTLE ROCK, Arkansas - About 41,000 chickens died from suffocation at Arkansas' Cummins Unit prison after a tractor accident knocked out power to the layer houses for more than seven hours.
- 4-County Electric Power customers face outage Tuesday Updated: Sep-27-15 12:54 pm
COLUMBUS, Mississippi - Approximately 155 customers of 4-County Electric Power Association will lose power for a few hours Tuesday while workers repair a critical line and equipment.
- Tornado heavily damages 10 homes in South Carolina Updated: Sep-25-15 5:08 pm
JOHNS ISLAND, South Carolina - A tornado quickly blew through a neighborhood on the South Carolina coast early Friday and blew out windows, knocked down trees and heavily damaged ten homes.
- Thousands without power in San Diego County amid hot weather Updated: Sep-20-15 8:57 pm
SAN DIEGO - A series of power outages left thousands of people without power in San Diego County as the region baked in high heat on Sunday.
- Dominion Virginia Power unveils new online power outage map Updated: Sep-18-15 4:10 am
RICHMOND, Virginia - Dominion Virginia Power has released a new online interactive power outage map.
- Cancellations, delays follow outage at Ontario airport Updated: Sep-16-15 4:30 pm
ONTARIO, California - An electrical outage at LA/Ontario International Airport forced the cancellation or delay of at least eight flights Wednesday but the regional airstrip east of Los Angeles remained open, officials said.
- The Latest: Thousands without power in Southern California Updated: Sep-15-15 4:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - The latest developments on record rainfall in Southern California (all times local):
- Hundreds lose power when explosion sparks fire at substation Updated: Sep-14-15 6:16 am
WALDWICK, New Jersey - It took firefighters hours to get the upper hand on a fire that followed an explosion at a PSE&G substation in Bergen County.
- 2 hurt investigating transformer at Winston-Salem State Updated: Sep-11-15 4:30 pm
WINSTON-SALEM, North Carolina - Officials at Winston-Salem State University said two school employees have been injured while investigating a problem with a transformer which led to a power outage on the campus.
- Heat blankets California, mixed with lightning, storms Updated: Sep-10-15 8:12 pm
LOS ANGELES - Much of California simmered in a stew of high heat and humidity on Thursday, bringing thunderstorms, causing power outages and leaving some school kids in overheated classrooms.
- Fire destroys store in Douglas, causes large power outage Updated: Sep-09-15 8:36 pm
DOUGLAS, Arizona - Arizona Public Service Co. says a commercial building fire knocked out electrical power to 7,500 APS customers in the southeastern Arizona city of Douglas.