- Power restored to 20,000 in Riverside County Updated: Apr-29-16 7:40 pm
HEMET, California - Power has been restored to 20,000 Southern California Edison customers in Riverside County but some had to wait more than eight hours.
- State backs athletes who could miss Rio due to power failure Updated: Apr-27-16 3:10 am
NEW DELHI - The Olympic ambitions of two Indian sprinters are in jeopardy after a power failure at a weekend qualifying event prevented electronic timing, and their hand-timed performances - good enough to make the team for Rio de Janeiro - do not count.
- Cops: School bus driver asked boy to move downed power line Updated: Apr-26-16 9:10 am
HARRISON CITY, Pennsylvania - Police say a Pennsylvania school bus driver asked an 11-year-old student to get off the bus and move a downed, live power line.
- Sports federations concerned about venues for Rio Games Updated: Apr-19-16 1:54 pm
LAUSANNE, Switzerland - International sports federations expressed concern Tuesday over problems with venues for the Olympics in Rio de Janeiro, including power failures at the gymnastics arena this week.
- Emera Maine says 1,100 without power due to vehicle crash Updated: Apr-16-16 10:17 am
STEUBEN, Maine - Emera Maine officials say more than 1,100 customers are without power in Washington County due to a vehicle crash.
- Spring snow storm causes travel problems, power outages Updated: Apr-15-16 5:44 pm
GREAT FALLS, Montana - A late spring storm that brought occasionally heavy snow to areas of central and western Montana made travel hazardous along Interstate 15 and downed power poles, causing several outages, before moving off to the east.
- High winds knock out power to thousands in Maine Updated: Apr-08-16 9:46 am
PORTLAND, Maine - Utility crews have their work cut out for them as they restore power to thousands of electric customers after high winds caused widespread outages.
- Power restored at Michigan State University following outage Updated: Apr-07-16 5:27 pm
EAST LANSING, Michigan - Electricity has been restored to 40 buildings at Michigan State University after an outage that lasted about 90 minutes.
- Boone County power outage leaves thousands without power Updated: Apr-07-16 11:45 am
CHARLESTON, West Virginia - A power outage in Boone County has left thousands without power.
- Homes damaged, power outages reported after severe weather Updated: Apr-07-16 10:29 am
NEW PORT RICHEY, Florida - Several homes were damaged and sporadic power outages reported as severe weather swept through the Tampa Bay area.
- Power out for 8,700 after Los Angeles substation blast, fire Updated: Apr-07-16 1:41 am
LOS ANGELES - An explosion and fire at a Los Angeles electrical substation has led to a power outage affecting thousands of people in the San Fernando Valley.
- PPL Electric says 1,200 still without power due to winds Updated: Apr-04-16 9:47 am
STROUDSBURG, Pennsylvania - PPL Electric says more than 1,200 customers in eastern Pennsylvania remain without power due to high winds that downed trees and power lines.
- Thousands in Indiana remain without power due to high winds Updated: Apr-03-16 9:46 pm
INDIANAPOLIS - Indiana power companies worked Sunday to restore electricity to thousands of homes hit by Saturday's high winds.
- Thousands without power after strong storms roar through NJ Updated: Apr-03-16 1:58 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - Thousands of utility customers in New Jersey are without power after severe thunderstorms made their way across the state.
- High winds lead to road closings, damage, outages in Ohio Updated: Apr-02-16 6:30 pm
CINCINNATI - High winds have downed trees and power lines across Ohio, damaging homes and vehicles and leaving tens of thousands of residents without power.
- Street lights, businesses affected by downtown Bangor outage Updated: Apr-02-16 11:17 am
BANGOR, Maine - A power outage in downtown Bangor, Maine, is affecting businesses and traffic lights.
- Explosion at power substation causes power outage in Atlanta Updated: Apr-01-16 5:14 pm
ATLANTA - Authorities say a transformer blew at a Georgia Power substation near downtown Atlanta, causing a loud explosion and major power outage.
- Power back for most DC Pepco customers affected by outage Updated: Apr-01-16 9:33 am
WASHINGTON - Power company Pepco says about 1,100 customers who were without power in northeast Washington have had their power restored.