- California lawmakers to hold hearing on pot farm water use Updated: Jun-30-15 7:47 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A state legislative committee will look at the impact of the drought and water use by illegal marijuana cultivators on North Coast fisheries at a hearing in Sacramento.
- California oil spill gushed like hose 'without a nozzle' Updated: Jun-27-15 1:07 am
LOS ANGELES - Firefighters investigating a reported petroleum stench at a California beach last month didn't take long to find a spill - oil was spreading across the sand and into the surf. Tracing the source, they found crude gushing from a bluff like a fire hose "without a nozzle," records show.
- Hearing over lawmaker's 'racist bigots' remark turns rowdy Updated: Jun-26-15 1:11 pm
TOPEKA, Kansas - A Kansas lawmaker who used the words "racist bigots" at a March meeting to describe supporters of a bill denying in-state tuition to undocumented immigrants said on Friday that she was not referring to individual members of a legislative committee.
- Panel to hold Alaska field hearing on veterans health care Updated: Jun-24-15 8:53 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The U.S. Senate Committee on Veterans' Affairs has agreed to hold a field hearing in Alaska on veterans' health care in the state.
- Senate overwhelmingly confirms new TSA administrator Updated: Jun-22-15 6:28 pm
WASHINGTON - The Senate voted on Monday to confirm a new leader for the Transportation Security Administration in the wake of reports of startling security gaps at U.S. airports.