- Massachusetts lawmakers to hold hearing on health bills Updated: Jul-26-15 11:07 am
BOSTON - Massachusetts lawmakers have scheduled a public hearing this week on a slew of public health bills.
- Kerry: Agreement on Iran issue only alternative to force Updated: Jul-24-15 10:48 am
WASHINGTON - Secretary of State John Kerry said Friday that if Congress disapproves of the Iranian nuclear deal, it will undermine President Barack Obama's ability to act throughout the world.
- The Latest: Kerry says US allies won't back military force Updated: Jul-23-15 1:52 pm
WASHINGTON - The latest in a hearing the Senate Foreign Relations Committee is conducting on the agreement the United States and five other world powers struck this month with Iran to rein in its nuclear weapons program in exchange for relief from economic sanctions (asterisk)(all times local):
- Lawmakers discuss Gov. Bill Walker's Medicaid expansion Updated: Jul-22-15 6:42 pm
JUNEAU, Alaska - The chairman of the Legislative Budget and Audit Committee said Wednesday that he will take under advisement requests to hold a hearing on Gov. Bill Walker's proposal to accept federal funds for Medicaid expansion.
- Illinois Senate panel holds hearing on higher education pay Updated: Jul-20-15 6:11 pm
CHICAGO - From tracking administrator pay to professional development for board members, a state Senate panel heard testimony Monday on legislation proposed in the wake of questionable spending, investment and severance practices at a suburban Chicago community college.
- ISIS insight? Tillis opts for Cheney, not Pentagon chiefs Updated: Jul-15-15 3:57 pm
RALEIGH, North Carolina - Freshman Republican Sen. Thom Tillis of North Carolina missed a hearing last week with senior Pentagon leaders on the threat of Islamic State militants and instead privately got insights on the group from former Vice President Dick Cheney.
- Maine high school track star to testify before Senate panel Updated: Jul-15-15 4:38 am
CASCO, Maine - A record-breaking long jumper from Maine is heading to Washington to talk to senators about what it's like to live with diabetes.
- Lawmakers to hold hearing on tobacco, marijuana bills Updated: Jul-12-15 11:24 am
BOSTON - Legislation aimed at tobacco and marijuana use in Massachusetts is the subject of a public hearing at the Statehouse this week.
- USDA prepares for possible return of bird flu this fall Updated: Jul-07-15 9:25 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - Two top veterinary officials with the U.S. Department of Agriculture and farmers affected by the bird flu outbreak said Tuesday it will take increased surveillance, improved farm security and more money to fight off a possible fall return of the disease that devastated chicken and turkey flocks.
- California lawmakers to hold hearing on pot farm water use Updated: Jun-30-15 7:47 am
SACRAMENTO, California - A state legislative committee will look at the impact of the drought and water use by illegal marijuana cultivators on North Coast fisheries at a hearing in Sacramento.