- Senate committee holding hearings on failed 38 Studios deal Updated: Nov-24-15 4:57 pm
PROVIDENCE, Rhode Island - A state Senate committee has opened hearings into Rhode Island's $75 million deal with Curt Schilling's failed video game company, 38 Studios.
- Correction: Legal Marijuana story Updated: Nov-24-15 3:09 pm
TRENTON, New Jersey - In a story Nov. 15 about New Jersey debating legalizing marijuana, The Associated Press reported erroneously on who must pay a $200 fee to register with the state's medical marijuana program. Patients and caregivers must pay the fee, not patients and doctors.
- Republican leader renews call for ODOT director to resign Updated: Nov-19-15 9:45 am
SALEM, Oregon - Senate Republican Leader Ted Ferrioli again called on the director of the state Department of Transportation to resign, saying the agency's blunders helped end an effort to repeal and replace a controversial environmental law in June.
- Senate hearing set Monday in Phoenix on heroin trafficking Updated: Nov-18-15 11:58 am
PHOENIX - Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey and a senior federal official are among officials scheduled to testify next Monday during a U.S. Senate hearing in Phoenix on heroin trafficking and efforts to combat it.
- Ohio senator sets hearings on co-curricular activities, fees Updated: Nov-08-15 9:54 am
COLUMBUS, Ohio - A state senator is leading a series of meetings around Ohio to gather feedback from health experts, parents, educators, coaches and others on co-curricular school activities.
- 3 lawmakers to host tax reform public hearing in Bluefield Updated: Nov-07-15 10:30 am
BLUEFIELD, West Virginia - Three Republican lawmakers from Mercer County will host a public forum on tax reform in Bluefield.
- Congressional panel slams Obama's Cuba, Venezuela policies Updated: Nov-06-15 4:14 pm
MIAMI - The chairman of a congressional panel torched the Obama administration's policy toward Cuba and Venezuela at a field hearing Friday to review the human rights records of both Latin American countries.
- Democratic effort to stall Medicaid privatization fails Updated: Nov-03-15 6:10 pm
DES MOINES, Iowa - A Democratic effort to delay privatization of Medicaid in Iowa failed to advance during a legislative oversight hearing Tuesday.
- Missouri House holding public hearing on harassment policies Updated: Nov-03-15 11:55 am
JEFFERSON CITY, Missouri - A public hearing is scheduled to discuss proposed changes to the Missouri House's policies governing sexual harassment and interns.
- 2 VA officials refuse to testify on job-manipulation claims Updated: Nov-02-15 9:34 pm
WASHINGTON - Two high-ranking officials at the Department of Veterans Affairs refused to testify Monday night at a congressional hearing on allegations that they manipulated the agency's hiring system for their own gain.
- Expert says Oklahoma earthquakes easing over last 3 months Updated: Oct-30-15 6:00 pm
OKLAHOMA CITY - While the overall number of earthquakes skyrockets in Oklahoma, the new director of the state Geological Survey says there has been a modest decline over the last three months.
- The Latest: House OKs school funding deal, sends to Senate Updated: Oct-30-15 1:16 am
PHOENIX - The latest on the plan to settle Arizona's school funding lawsuit (all times local):
- Tennessee lawmakers to hear from Volkswagen on Thursday Updated: Oct-29-15 4:01 am
NASHVILLE, Tennessee - Tennessee lawmakers are holding a hearing in Chattanooga on Thursday about Volkswagen's efforts to recover from a diesel emissions cheating scandal.