- NBC's 'Red Nose Day Special' raises $30M for kids' charities Updated: May-27-16 9:06 am
UNIVERSAL CITY, California - NBC's "Red Nose Day Special" mixed comedy and musical performances with heartfelt pleas for children in need, raising more than $30 million.
- Swedish crown princess' son Oscar Carl Olof is christened Updated: May-27-16 7:16 am
STOCKHOLM - Crown Princess Victoria's newly born son and second child has been christened Oscar Carl Olof.
- Closing arguments next in 'Shield' actor's murder trial Updated: May-27-16 3:41 am
LOS ANGELES - Closing arguments are scheduled on Friday in the murder trial of Michel Jace, who played a police officer on television, with dueling portrayals of the actor presented to a jury.
- 'Groundhog Day' actress Angela Paton dies at age 86 Updated: May-26-16 11:42 pm
LOS ANGELES - Angela Paton (PAY-ton), an actress best known for appearing with Bill Murray in "Groundhog Day," has died at age 86.
- Rapper arrested in T.I. concert shooting that killed 1 Updated: May-26-16 9:53 pm
NEW YORK - Police investigating a deadly shooting at a packed hip-hop concert arrested a rap artist Thursday, saying surveillance footage showed him stalking through the venue firing a gun.
- Lawyer: Rapper Gucci Mane released early from Indiana prison Updated: May-26-16 9:47 pm
ATLANTA - Rapper Gucci Mane was released a few months early from an Indiana prison where he was serving a federal firearms sentence, his lawyer said Thursday.
- Tech billionaire is unlikely Hulk Hogan ally in Gawker fight Updated: May-26-16 7:56 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida - Former pro wrestler Hulk Hogan has an unlikely ally in his corner for his courtroom cage match with Gawker - a high-tech billionaire with a long-standing grudge against the news-and-gossip site.
- Khloe Kardashian files to divorce Lamar Odom - again Updated: May-26-16 7:31 pm
LOS ANGELES - Khloe Kardashian is once again seeking to end her marriage to former NBA player Lamar Odom.
- Spielberg to Harvard grads: Be the movie heroes of real life Updated: May-26-16 7:16 pm
CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts - In a world full of villains, Harvard University graduates must become the heroes, filmmaker Steven Spielberg told the 2016 class during a commencement address Thursday.
- The Latest: NYC rapper arrested in shooting at concert hall Updated: May-26-16 7:02 pm
NEW YORK - The Latest on a fatal shooting inside a New York City concert venue where hip-hop artist T.I. was getting ready to perform (all times local):
- Improved Verlander helps Tigers rebound from rough stretch Updated: May-26-16 4:58 pm
DETROIT - After allowing seven runs to the Cleveland Indians on May 3, Justin Verlander took to Twitter - always a risky move for an athlete, especially one coming off a frustrating performance.
- Correction: Commencement Speaker Costs story Updated: May-26-16 4:53 pm
BOSTON - In a story May 20 on fees paid by colleges to commencement speakers, The Associated Press, relying on information from Rutgers University, reported erroneously that it had paid PBS journalist Bill Moyer $35,000 for an address. The university now says that Moyers had informed a school official before the ceremony that he would not accept the fee.
- The Latest: 'Shield' actor said he only wanted to wound wife Updated: May-26-16 4:17 pm
LOS ANGELES - The Latest on the murder trial of Michael Jace, who played a police officer on the television series "The Shield" (all times local):
- Depp asks court to rule he should not pay spousal support Updated: May-26-16 3:08 pm
LOS ANGELES - Johnny Depp has asked a court to determine that he should not pay spousal support to his estranged wife Amber Heard, who filed for divorce after 15 months of marriage.
- Crafty teamwork helps Trentin win longest Giro stage Updated: May-26-16 2:58 pm
PINEROLO, Italy - Matteo Trentin used a late counterattack and some crafty teamwork to win the longest stage of the Giro d'Italia on Thursday, while Steven Kruijswijk held on to a comfortable overall lead with only two challenging legs to go.
- 'X-Men' packs a punch for Lawrence and McAvoy Updated: May-26-16 2:06 pm
LONDON - It always hits the cast hard when they realize they're back on the set of "X-Men." Quite literally, they're going to get punched.
- Cardinals place Matt Carpenter on paternity list Updated: May-26-16 12:46 pm
ST. LOUIS - The St. Louis Cardinals have placed third baseman Matt Carpenter on the paternity list and recalled infielder Greg Garcia from Triple-A Memphis.
- Gawker may be looking to sell after losing Hulk Hogan case Updated: May-26-16 12:45 pm
NEW YORK - The embattled online media company Gawker Media has hired an investment banker to explore its options, including a possible sale.
- Amy Schumer blasts critics, says she's 'strong' and healthy' Updated: May-26-16 12:00 pm
Amy Schumer has taken to social media to fire back at critics of her body.
- Miranda Lambert closes Pink Pistol boutique in Oklahoma town Updated: May-26-16 11:57 am
TISHOMINGO, Oklahoma - Miranda Lambert is closing her Pink Pistol clothing boutique in the tiny Oklahoma town where she and her ex-husband, Blake Shelton, once shared a home.
- Leona Lewis will lead the new cast of 'Cats' on Broadway Updated: May-26-16 11:54 am
NEW YORK - British singer Leona Lewis will play the ragged and lonely star Grizabella in the Broadway revival of the Andrew Lloyd Webber musical "Cats."
- Tony presenters will include Oprah Winfrey, Cate Blanchett Updated: May-26-16 11:29 am
NEW YORK - James Corden will have some big names helping him hand out Tony Awards: Oprah Winfrey, Cate Blanchett, Carole King, Audra McDonald, Saoirse Ronan, Patina Miller and Nathan Lane have signed up to help present.
- Jennifer Aniston announces death of mother Nancy Dow at 79 Updated: May-26-16 10:57 am
LOS ANGELES - Jennifer Aniston's mother, Nancy Dow, has died. She was 79.
- Ozzy Osbourne's hometown names a tram after him Updated: May-26-16 9:33 am
LONDON - Rocker Ozzy Osbourne, whose hits include "Crazy Train," has had a slightly more sober tram named after him in his English hometown.
- Ex=Pennsylvania prep star Herb Pope facing bank robbery case Updated: May-26-16 7:53 am
PITTSBURGH - A former western Pennsylvania high school basketball star whose legal troubles likely kept him from the NBA will appear before a federal judge in Pittsburgh today on charges he robbed two banks earlier this year.